PDA

View Full Version : Tony Brothers lied about not having another angle

TheCalmInsanity
05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
http://www.clipsnation.com/2014/5/14/5717898/clippers-warriors-game-5-tony-brothers-lied

I know it's a Clippers website, but check it out.

The bigger problem the next day is the question of replay angles available to the officiating crew. Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports has raised the question of who decides which angles are shown to the crew. As I said last night, if the person making that decision draws a salary from the Oklahoma City Thunder then this is a much bigger problem.

But there's a more basic problem here: crew chief Tony Brothers lied. After the game, in justifying the call, Brothers stated: "We saw two replays. The two replays we saw were from the overhead camera showing down, and the one from from under the basket showing the same angle but from a different view. And from those two replays it was inconclusive as to who the ball went out of bounds off of bounds off of."

But on the TNT broadcast, at 9:22:53 PM PT, the VERY FIRST REPLAY shown to the officiating crew comes from the sideline camera. The TNT cameras show the crew at the monitor, and you can see the replay commencing -- not the overhead view, not the baseline view, the sideline view.

Now, to my mind, all three views show plenty of evidence that the ball was off of Jackson. But Brothers and his crew did see the sideline view; we know they say it, we see them see it! Which means that Brothers felt he needed plausible deniability on the decision, and he lied. Which seems... shall we say, problematic.

Cocaine80s
05-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Damn a nig*a finna lose his job

TheCalmInsanity
05-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Damn a nig*a finna lose his job

I'm pretty much over the fact that the Clippers lost.. In the acceptance stage now. But this was just too eye popping to pass up. Concrete evidence showing the ref lied... The only reason Tony Brothers would lie about something like that is to cover up something bigger

finchyyy
05-14-2014, 09:11 PM
The referees really shouldn't be allowed to ref another game in the Playoffs.

tjgoHAM
05-14-2014, 09:22 PM
that bj from Durant's mom must have been really good

Rose'sACL
05-14-2014, 09:27 PM
nvm

TheCalmInsanity
05-14-2014, 09:36 PM
The referees really shouldn't be allowed to ref another game in the Playoffs.

I really hope there's some kind of media attention that comes out of this

Cocaine80s
05-14-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm pretty much over the fact that the Clippers lost.. In the acceptance stage now. But this was just too eye popping to pass up. Concrete evidence showing the ref lied... The only reason Tony Brothers would lie about something like that is to cover up something bigger
I remember this dude casually having a conversation with Westbrook in the middle of the game smiling and shit. :facepalm

TheCalmInsanity
05-14-2014, 09:41 PM
I remember this dude casually having a conversation with Westbrook in the middle of the game smiling and shit. :facepalm

OKC won 12 games in a row with him officiating... So, hmmm..

SkipToMyLou
05-14-2014, 09:44 PM
nba's rigging it to be Heat vs OKC too obvious might as well skip the east/western final

LoneyROY7
05-14-2014, 09:46 PM
The Clippers clearly got jobbed. It is what it is.

Just got to be ready to win game 6.

joeyjoejoe
05-14-2014, 10:00 PM
nba's rigging it to be Heat vs OKC too obvious might as well skip the east/western final

Spot on

TheCalmInsanity
05-14-2014, 10:01 PM
The Clippers clearly got jobbed. It is what it is.

Just got to be ready to win game 6.

Chris Paul better come out with a fire under his ass in game 6...

The way I see it is, if the refs messed up but CP3 didn't, Clippers win. If CP3 messed up but the refs didn't, Clippers win. CP3 AND the refs would have to mess up for that game to result in a loss.. and it happened. So CP3 better come out next game looking for blood

dazzer87
05-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Inb4 Tony Brothers will work game 7.......

NumberSix
05-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Exactly. Miami is breezing there 8-1 on there own and the refs are rigging it for OKC to get there for a Heat/OKC finals.

LBJ4MVP23
05-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Im not a conspiracy person, but I do believe that the NBA instructs officials which players/teams they should take it easy on. That means that on 50-50 calls, make the call that benefits that team but never ignore obvious calls or make blatantly bad ones.

That is what I used to think happened all the time with the exception of Shaq and Kobe, the true kings of the *, vs the Kings when the refs flat out admitted to rigging the game.

However, Brothers now totally bsing about the angle he saw? The fact that every call went a very certain way at the end? The fact that it would be 3-2 Clippers going back to LA? More Clippers in the spotlight = less durant and more Sterling talk?

****ING RIGGED.

TheCalmInsanity
05-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Im not a conspiracy person, but I do believe that the NBA instructs officials which players/teams they should take it easy on. That means that on 50-50 calls, make the call that benefits that team but never ignore obvious calls or make blatantly bad ones.

That is what I used to think happened all the time with the exception of Shaq and Kobe, the true kings of the *, vs the Kings when the refs flat out admitted to rigging the game.

However, Brothers now totally bsing about the angle he saw? The fact that every call went a very certain way at the end? The fact that it would be 3-2 Clippers going back to LA? More Clippers in the spotlight = less durant and more Sterling talk?

****ING RIGGED.

I fully agree, man.

senelcoolidge
05-15-2014, 05:33 AM
If enough attention was given to this it would have to cause some change. The things that the refs get away is absurd. People should tweet, have petitions..etc. Make it known that you're tired of this. You're tired of the artificial advantages that the refs give certain teams and players. We want real basketball.

andremiller07
05-15-2014, 05:35 AM
WWF

Ball So Harden
05-15-2014, 05:43 AM
Is it not possible that he forgot that he saw 3 angles? Maybe only 2 were worth looking at repeatedly and later forgot he glanced at a worthless side angle. :confusedshrug:

Ball So Harden
05-15-2014, 05:45 AM
Btw, Westbrook was fouled on the 3 and Barnes fouled Reggie before it went out anyway. The only "missed" call that went against the Clippers was the touch foul on the final possession.

TheCalmInsanity
05-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Btw, Westbrook was fouled on the 3 and Barnes fouled Reggie before it went out anyway. The only "missed" call that went against the Clippers was the touch foul on the final possession.

First of all, he said they only HAD 2 angles, not they only SAW 2 angles. And any angle (especially a sideline angle) is worth having.

Also, Westbrook may have been fouled on the 3 but if you look at the section for fouling on the NBA handbook (I forgot the section.. just google it) the hand is part of the ball. Barnes hit his hand.

The other part that people were arguing was the out of bounds.. If Barnes had hit Reggie Jackson's hand which in turn hit the ball out, then it would have been out on Barnes. But Barnes hit Reggie's LEFT hand, and then the ball went off Reggie's RIGHT hand.

That call was very controversial, and the refs saying they "didn't have enough evidence" was a big lie just to give OKC the ball.

bagelred
05-15-2014, 07:14 AM
I think it's pretty clear we need a Congressional investigation.

Lonely_Sandberg
05-15-2014, 07:16 AM
I think it's pretty clear we need a Congressional investigation.

http://www.abload.de/img/peralta2mgipp.gif

SexSymbol
05-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Maybe the sideline angle was terrible and it didn't help so he didn't even mention it?
There was no rigging if you watch the game objectively.
The touch at the end is the closest thing to rigging, but those calls are rarely called at the end of the games.
Take off your tin hats here folks

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Is it not possible that he forgot that he saw 3 angles? Maybe only 2 were worth looking at repeatedly and later forgot he glanced at a worthless side angle. :confusedshrug:
yeah keep closing your eyes and make excuses you freaking POS:biggums:
Tony Bothers should never EVER be allowed to ref another NBA game.
can go back to DLeague

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Maybe the sideline angle was terrible and it didn't help so he didn't even mention it?
There was no rigging if you watch the game objectively.
The touch at the end is the closest thing to rigging, but those calls are rarely called at the end of the games.
Take off your tin hats here folks
no wonder a retarded laker fan wants no part of riggin conspiracies
the league been rigging for you since the 80s

TheCalmInsanity
05-15-2014, 06:50 PM
no wonder a retarded laker fan wants no part of riggin conspiracies
the league been rigging for you since the 80s

Lmao yeah, he's one of those fans that thinks the Lakers-Kings series wasn't rigged either. Must be nice having the refs on your side