PDA

View Full Version : [choking resume] Jordan quits on his team; 1986

5 rings fan
05-15-2014, 04:39 AM
1986 Celtics vs Bulls, Jordan, knowing that he couldn't win , scored 19 points and fouled out :roll:

:applause: :applause: Beta gonna beta

Trollsmasher
05-15-2014, 04:44 AM
Yeah, that was funny. Guy could not get it done so he threw a fit and fouled out on purpose.

Deuce Bigalow
05-15-2014, 04:48 AM
Wilt never fouled out of a game. Were talking about the greatest defensive force the league has ever seen and he never picked up that sixth foul. The man was on another planet.

sportjames23
05-15-2014, 04:49 AM
1986 Celtics vs Bulls, Jordan, knowing that he couldn't win , scored 19 points and fouled out :roll:

Fakkit, do we need to bring up Kobe's quitting in Game 7 vs the Suns? Especially after he and his team blew a 3-1 series lead?

Marchesk
05-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Wilt never fouled out of a game. Were talking about the greatest defensive force the league has ever seen and he never picked up that sixth foul. The man was on another planet.

Are you back to stanning? :wtf:

Marchesk
05-15-2014, 04:53 AM
http://ballerball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Michael-Jordan-Rings.jpg

Ball So Harden
05-15-2014, 04:58 AM
don't blame him, dropped 63 on the GOAT team and still lost. what else could he possibly do?

Score 68 points? :confusedshrug:

Trollsmasher
05-15-2014, 05:04 AM
don't blame him, dropped 63 on the GOAT team and still lost. what else could he possibly do?
not chuck his teammates out of the game?:confusedshrug:

j3lademaster
05-15-2014, 05:12 AM
We're nearing the the conference finals and all you can think about is a guy who retired over 10 years ago? You sure are obsessed with a player you dislike so much.

5 rings fan
05-15-2014, 05:28 AM
We're nearing the the conference finals and all you can think about is a guy who retired over 10 years ago? You sure are obsessed with a player you dislike so much.
Jordan is my third favourite player you dumbass, I just can't stand his stans, suffered in real life, came on here trying to gain respect by going every post and : Jordan 6/6 FMVP you mad

K Xerxes
05-15-2014, 05:32 AM
:lol

If that series is a quit job, I shudder to think what LeBron's in 2010 was.

SexSymbol
05-15-2014, 06:31 AM
:lol

If that series is a quit job, I shudder to think what LeBron's in 2010 was.
That was cherry on LeBron's choking resume's cake

sdot_thadon
05-15-2014, 06:37 AM
This is total bullshit op, Mj is the only perfect player ever created. We all know if he did quit it was just part of a masterful goat scheme to let bird play on and damage his back so he could overtake him at a later date......

r15mohd
05-15-2014, 08:47 AM
This is total bullshit op, Mj is the only perfect player ever created. We all know if he did quit it was just part of a masterful goat scheme to let bird play on and damage his back so he could overtake him at a later date......

so instead of competing, MJ played inferior until it was EASIER for him to take over? :wtf:

bagelred
05-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Children...you missed it. You missed the GOAT in his heyday and it kills you. You're jealous of those of us who saw it first hand. It eats you up inside. The only way to make yourself feel better is to convince yourself that the GOAT wasn't actually the GOAT. That somehow LeBron is better....it's sad really....

In all my 78 years of watching basketball, I've never seen another like the GOAT...GOAT gonna GOAT.

Insert Deal With It gif here.....

sportjames23
05-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Children...you missed it. You missed the GOAT in his heyday and it kills you. You're jealous of those of us who saw it first hand. It eats you up inside. The only way to make yourself feel better is to convince yourself that the GOAT wasn't actually the GOAT. That somehow LeBron is better....it's sad really....

In all my 78 years of watching basketball, I've never seen another like the GOAT...GOAT gonna GOAT.

Insert Deal With It gif here.....

Dat. Aether. :cheers:

MJ fans vs Lebron/Kobe stans is like Supa Hot Fire vs B-Bone.

played0ut
05-15-2014, 09:10 AM
Son, I've watched basketball for 23 years. And honestly speaking, I've never seen a bigger phagg0t than OP in the entire 23 years.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Dat. Aether. :cheers:

MJ fans vs Lebron/Kobe stans is like Supa Hot Fire vs B-Bone.
he wasnt serious doe:roll: :roll:

played0ut
05-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Lol k honestly, though. Its his 3rd year against arguably the greatest team of all time. I can probably find worse MJ games vs crappier opponents. Who cares.

sportjames23
05-15-2014, 09:16 AM
he wasnt serious doe:roll: :roll:

Hell, no one is ever serious at ISH. :banana:

Calabis
05-15-2014, 09:37 AM

Do me a favor and watch the actual game...Jordan scored 49 and 63 in games 1 and 2. Wooldridge struggled the entire damn series. Game 3 the Celtics forced the ball out of Jordans hands on offense, he was doubled almost immediately every time he touched the ball. Also he took the most shots in the game.

This isn't Kobe sulking and just standing around refusing to shoot. He quit on his team, its that simple.

Ne 1
05-15-2014, 09:58 AM
He didn't quit in '86, the Celtics just put the clamps down on him after that close call in game 2. He did quit in '89 against the Pistons though.

Ne 1
05-15-2014, 10:09 AM
He didn't quit in '86, the Celtics just put the clamps down on him after that close call in game 2. He did quit in '89 against the Pistons though.

sdot_thadon
05-15-2014, 12:20 PM
so instead of competing, MJ played inferior until it was EASIER for him to take over? :wtf:
Sarcasm lol, a poor attempt I suppose. I don't understand the whole choke/quit thing. Guys have bad games, legends too. Mj had the game in the pistons series that could be considered quiting nowadays, so what. It's just that modern guys are under a microscope more than any past legends. So you guys should consider that before you trash or champion anybody......

Roundball_Rock
05-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Jordan's real quit job, in the Kobe in Game 7 and Lebron in Game 5 in the ECSF sense, was against Detroit in the playoffs in 1989. Basically, prior to the game Doug Collins asked MJ to pass the ball more and MJ responded with a passive game where he took only 8 shots. Needless to say, the Bulls lost. This was with the ECF tied 2-2...The Bulls would lose that series in Game 6.

In that series MJ shot 29, 20, 26, 15, 8 and 26 times. You tell me what happened in Game 5. The all-time leader in FGA who was #2 in FGA per game even at age 38 took 8 shots in a crucial ECF game with the series tied?

5 rings fan
05-15-2014, 08:53 PM
all out attack from jordan stans these days

GODbe
05-15-2014, 08:57 PM
And some people talk about this guy like he's the jesus christ of basketball and deserves to be in the same breath as Kobe:lol :lol :lol . He's in the Lebron tier, a regular season warrior and then an empty stat playoff choker when without the most stacked team of all time. Before his team became filled with hall of famers, he was 1st round fodder. :roll:

poido123
05-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Jordan is my third favourite player you dumbass, I just can't stand his stans, suffered in real life, came on here trying to gain respect by going every post and : Jordan 6/6 FMVP you mad

Bullshit.

And stop making stupid troll threads.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Trick Question ...

MJ never choked.

5 rings fan
05-15-2014, 09:07 PM
And some people talk about this guy like he's the jesus christ of basketball and deserves to be in the same breath as Kobe:lol :lol :lol . He's in the Lebron tier, a regular season warrior and then an empty stat playoff choker when without the most stacked team of all time. Before his team became filled with hall of famers, he was 1st round fodder. :roll:

thread documents how he choked in 1st round , samswish : jordan never choked.

:roll: :roll: :roll: talking about below average IQ

BlkMambaGOAT
05-15-2014, 09:12 PM
:facepalm
Your making us Kobe fans look bad.

Straight_Ballin
05-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Your making us Kobe fans look bad.

You think that's bad?

http://www.thewhistle.com/media/uploads/basketball/jordan_james_kobe_infographic.jpg

Seasons over 30 points per game:
Michael Jordan: 8
Kobe Bryant: 2

Seasons over 32 points per game:
Michael Jordan: 5
Kobe Bryant: 1

In NBA history, there are 13 50 point games with under 50% shooting, and Kobe Bryant is responsible for 6 of them.

Kobe Bryant also has:
2nd worst known game score for a player scoring 10+ points. (5-21 shooting)
2nd worst known game score for a player scoring 30+ points. (11-29)
Worst and 4th worst known game scores for a player scoring 40+ points. (17-47, 12-30)

Regular season
Seasons under 50% shooting
Kobe Bryant: 14
Michael Jordan: 9

Seasons under 48% shooting:
Kobe Bryant: 14
Michael Jordan: 5

Seasons over 50% shooting:
Kobe Bryant: 0
Michael Jordan: 6

Seasons over 52% shooting:
Michael Jordan: 4

Regular season
Games with under 50% shooting
Michael Jordan: 489
Kobe Bryant: 623

Regular season
Games with under 48% shooting
Michael Jordan: 458
Kobe Bryant: 599

Regular season
Games with under 46% shooting
Michael Jordan: 388
Kobe Bryant: 530

Regular season
Games with under 44% shooting
Michael Jordan: 296
Kobe Bryant: 452

Regular season
Games with under 42% shooting
Michael Jordan: 234
Kobe Bryant: 393

Regular season
Games with under 40% shooting
Michael Jordan: 158
Kobe Bryant: 317

Regular season
Games with under 35% shooting
Michael Jordan: 88
Kobe Bryant: 192

Regular season
Games with under 30% shooting
Michael Jordan: 41
Kobe Bryant: 97

Regular season
Games with 60% or better shooting
Michael "Air" Jordan: 173
Kobe "Bean" Bryant: 123

Regular season
Games with 50% or better shooting
Michael "Air" Jordan: 556
Kobe "Bean" Bryant: 393

Regular season
Games with 20 shots made on 60% or better shooting
MJ: 16
Kobe: 3

Rookie of the Year
Michael Jordan: Yes
Kobe Bryant: No

In his rookie year, Michael Jordan led his team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals. Kobe Bryant wasn't good enough to beat out Eddie Jones for the starting spot his rookie year.

All-Rookie First Team
Michael Jordan: Yes
Kobe Bryant: No

Regular season & Playoffs combined
Games with 12 or more assists
Michael Air Jordan: 32
Kobe Bryant: 19

Games with 10 or more assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 87
Kobe Bean Bryant: 74

Games with 5 or more assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 663
Kobe Bean Bryant: 593

Games with less than 3 assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 179
Kobe Bryant: 261

Games with less than 2 assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 61
Kobe Bryant: 142

Games with 0 assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 7
Kobe Bryant: 57

Games with at least 15 rebounds:
Michael Air Jordan: 10
Kobe Bryant: 5

Games with at least 12 rebounds:
Michael Air Jordan: 66
Kobe Bryant: 29

Percentage of points scored on free throws:
Michael Air Jordan: 22.9%
Kobe Bryant: 25.1%

Record in games with 30+ shot attempts
Michael Air Jordan: 72-57 (.558)
Kobe Bean Bryant: 46-61 (.368)
Michael Jordan shot his team to wins, Kobe Bryant shoots his team out of wins.

Seasons with at least 200 steals:
Michael Air Jordan: 6

Seasons with at least 150 steals:
Michael Air Jordan: 9
Kobe Bryant: 2

Seasons with at least 100 blocks:
Michael Air Jordan: 2

Seasons with at least 75 blocks:
Michael Air Jordan: 4

Defensive Player of the Year awards
Michael Jordan: 1

Michael averaged 35 points per game when he won defensive player of the year. The next closest scorer to win it had 27 ppg. Guards rarely receive Defensive Player of the Year. Think about the level of energy it takes to lead the league in scoring, and be the league's best defender.

40 point or higher games
MJ: 211
Kobe: 115

30 point or higher games
MJ: 671
Kobe: 415

Career Player Efficiency Rating
Michael Jordan: 27.91
Kobe Bryant: 23.50

Olympic Gold Medals
Michael Jordan: 2
Kobe Bryant: 1

Michael Jordan is one of three players to win an Olympic gold as both an amateur (1984) and professional (1992). The other players are Patrick Ewing and Chris Mullin, who did it with him.

All Star Game:
Jordan

atljonesbro
05-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Jordan getting exposed of late :applause: Jordan stans scrambling for excuses :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
05-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Trick Question ...

MJ never choked.

This.
His worst finals game was a 22 point championship clinching effort in 96 for heavens sake. Let that sink in. Dont compare your 40 percrnt shooting heros to him. Mmmkaybye

Straight_Ballin
05-15-2014, 09:17 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/abyss_89x/kobemjroflorfl.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3306/michaeljordantrophies.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r162/YINGLIL/img0022.jpg
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/Kcerid/Basketball_Quotes_Michael_Jordan.jpg

5 rings fan
05-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Jordan getting exposed of late :applause: Jordan stans scrambling for excuses :oldlol:
They can list a bunch of excuses like wilt stans

but come back to me when Jordan could score 49 in a pivotal playoff games IN A TOUGH DEFENSE SLOW PACE ERA

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: Jordan cant even compete against the pistons scrubs

GODbe
05-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Oh god stat nerds flooding the thread now :facepalm .

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/didnt-read-lol-gif-4.gif

Asukal
05-15-2014, 09:23 PM
What is this? A last ditch attempt to prop Kobe? :oldlol:

Just accept it, he will never get that 6th ring, Kobe is done. :roll:

Straight_Ballin
05-15-2014, 09:25 PM
What is this? A last ditch attempt to prop Kobe? :oldlol:

Just accept it, he will never get that 6th ring, Kobe is done. :roll:

Got surpassed by Duncan, and not even touching MJ. :lol

Calabis
05-15-2014, 09:32 PM
They can list a bunch of excuses like wilt stans

but come back to me when Jordan could score 49 in a pivotal playoff games IN A TOUGH DEFENSE SLOW PACE ERA

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: Jordan cant even compete against the pistons scrubs

Against the Nuggets :roll:

Defense must have been horrible as **** giving up 122 points is a slow paced league

GODbe
05-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Can someone remind me how many rings Jordan won with a Pau Gasoft calibre 2nd option? :confusedshrug: . Also, how many 81 point games does he have? :confusedshrug: How many times has he outscored an entire team through 3 quarters? :lol

Straight_Ballin
05-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Can someone remind me how many rings Jordan won with a Pau Gasoft calibre 2nd option? :confusedshrug: . Also, how many 81 point games does he have? :confusedshrug: How many times has he outscored an entire team through 3 quarters? :lol

Is that all you got? :lol Kobe had Shaq (most dominant peak player in the history of the game) for 3 of his rings.

How many times has Kobe been FVMP?

He doesn't even have more MVP win shares than Duncan, let alone Jordan.

Calabis
05-15-2014, 09:52 PM

When you can explain 3 chips and not being the best player on your team :confusedshrug:. Also how is he shooting only 40% in the finals, yet is somehow the most skilled scorer, also how many 60 point playoff games does he have? How many playoff series has he avg 40ppg? How is he the best scorer, yet only has two scoring titles 18 seasons and still hasn't scored more than Jordan?

5 rings fan
05-15-2014, 10:15 PM
When you can explain 3 chips and not being the best player on your team :confusedshrug:. Also how is he shooting only 40% in the finals, yet is somehow the most skilled scorer, also how many 60 point playoff games does he have? How many playoff series has he avg 40ppg? How is he the best scorer, yet only has two scoring titles 18 seasons and still hasn't scored more than Jordan?
Jordan played at much faster pace dumbass
someone like kevin mchale could score 30 on daily basis you know what's wrong with the league :roll:

Calabis
05-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Jordan played at much faster pace dumbass
someone like kevin mchale could score 30 on daily basis you know what's wrong with the league :roll:

Please explain how the fvuck Kobe took 27 shots at a 90 pace, but at a faster pace 95 he only took 20? Please explain how Kobe's highest assist of his career was at a 90 pace, yet with more possessions he could never match it?

Dumbass acts like 27 shots at a 95 pace is somehow more than 27 shots at a 90 pace:facepalm

Also Kevin McHale is probably the best offensive PF to play the game, yet your moronic ass thinks him scoring 28ppg is a sign of a weak league, whats weak is a PF that is basically athletic with limited offense avg 24ppg.....but hey todays league is so rough.