PDA

View Full Version : Noticing A Lot More LeBron/Jordan Threads Than LeBron/Kobe Threads

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Safe to say most people know LeBron is already a better player all-time than Kobe ever was. You hardly see comparison threads about it anymore

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 09:59 AM
LEbron> Kobe was never in doubt.
deep down even his tards know this.
the only person who probably still thinks that kobe is better is kobe himself:roll: :roll:

Magic731
05-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Either way he's not anywhere near Jordan.

tmacattack33
05-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Yes that is pretty obvious and is pretty much consensus.

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Either way he's not anywhere near Jordan.

Gotcha. But the consensus already is that he is passed Kobe and making his way to Jordan.

:pimp:

rzp
05-15-2014, 10:05 AM
in before "b-b-but 5>2" impressive argument

Magic731
05-15-2014, 10:06 AM
If Lebron were to retire today for whatever reason then Kobe would be ahead of him. That's the way I see it. Will Lebron be ahead of Kobe by the end of his career? Maybe. Too early to tell.

imnew09
05-15-2014, 10:08 AM
One is in playoff the other one played less than 20 games in regular season, yet another thread about him. Kobe , the best!

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 10:09 AM
If Lebron were to retire today for whatever reason then Kobe would be ahead of him. That's the way I see it. Will Lebron be ahead of Kobe by the end of his career? Maybe. Too early to tell.

End of his career? Yea, don't fool yourself. LeBron is a better player than prime Kobe ever was. One more Finals MVP would be overkill in that debate. Especially factoring the 4 MVP awards

riseagainst
05-15-2014, 10:22 AM
what is ironic is that every single lebron fan mentions Kobe in every thread, even if it's not about him. Really shows insecurity. If it's a "consensus" then you shouldn't feel the need to constantly bring up the topic. Instead you show paranoia, small-d1ck syndrome, and beta-phaggety personalities.

pegasus
05-15-2014, 10:30 AM
End of his career? Yea, don't fool yourself. LeBron is a better player than prime Kobe ever was. One more Finals MVP would be overkill in that debate. Especially factoring the 4 MVP awards
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/419891524802187264/YIvETZMe.jpeg

dh144498
05-15-2014, 10:34 AM
what is ironic is that every single lebron fan mentions Kobe in every thread, even if it's not about him. Really shows insecurity. If it's a "consensus" then you shouldn't feel the need to constantly bring up the topic. Instead you show paranoia, small-d1ck syndrome, and beta-phaggety personalities.

rofl :roll:

:lol

:roll:

:applause: :applause:

KobeMagic
05-15-2014, 10:37 AM

:roll:
:applause:

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 10:37 AM

Legit anger knowing Kobe got passed over ^^^:applause:

riseagainst
05-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Legit anger knowing Kobe got passed over ^^^:applause:

I'm glad I'm living rent free in your head. My job here is done.

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 10:41 AM

You're the one making personal attacks and posting in my thread. :hammerhead: I didn't know my threads were powerful enough to bring out such anger over the internet :eek:

Mure
05-15-2014, 11:22 AM
LeBron > Kobe, and it isn't close.

nathanjizzle
05-15-2014, 11:25 AM
trying to push the agenda that lebron is better than kobe proves that kobe is better than lebron.

elementally morale
05-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Prime (peak) Kobe was a better player than LeBron James of any kind. You don't have to beleve me now, you may look back in 20 years. It doesn't matter if you don't like Kobe as of now. With time, it is going to change. I had the very same experience with Jordan and Bird.

PJR
05-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Prime (peak) Kobe was a better player than LeBron James of any kind.

:oldlol: No matter how many times you say this to yourself, it still won't make it true.

TheMan
05-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Silkk homie, you win some and you lose some, riseagainst pummeled you in this thread.

Take your L and go fight another day :oldlol:

and it is true, if you have to keep bringing up the subject, it does show insecurity...example, how many times do you see Magic > whatever PG of the month? None because it's a given Magic is the GOAT PG.

VIntageNOvel
05-15-2014, 11:35 AM

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1532/15320372/2374241-6241253370-backf.gif

VIntageNOvel
05-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Silkk homie, you win some and you lose some, riseagainst pummeled you in this thread.

Take your L and go fight another day :oldlol:

yes its quite rare, but silkk lost this one :applause:

Aiolos
05-15-2014, 11:36 AM
LEbron> Kobe was never in doubt.
deep down even his tards know this.
the only person who probably still thinks that kobe is better is kobe himself:roll: :roll:

DAT ETHER :roll: :roll: :roll: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

tmacattack33
05-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Prime (peak) Kobe was a better player than LeBron James of any kind. You don't have to beleve me now, you may look back in 20 years. It doesn't matter if you don't like Kobe as of now. With time, it is going to change. I had the very same experience with Jordan and Bird.

Wtf. The reason Kobe is so high on people's legacy list is longevity. He played pretty nicely beyond 2008 even though many would have fallen off. And so he's probably a few spots below Duncan on the legacy list.

In terms of peak, he's closer to Wade than Duncan.

INDI
05-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Gotcha. But the consensus already is that he is passed Kobe and making his way to Jordan.

:pimp:

Say what you want but the majority of fans (and yes there are fans of nba that dont post on ish) view kobe as a 6-8 alltime great. That is facts and cant be debated. While the majority of fans view Lebron as a 9-10 talent alltime.

you see jordan/bron threads for 2 reasons.

1. People view him as having the most potential out of all active players to climb from 9-10 to challenge him.

2. They are kids that are 25 and under who never actually saw jordan play and most certainly didnt see him in his prime so their view is skewed.

think about it like this 20 years from now there will be a new basketball forum with 15 yr olds talking trying to diminish lebron and question whether he is even top 20. Its just the way it is

BBallZen83
05-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Kobe still has the better career at this point. Wait till both careers are done then we can make a rational conclusion. However, seeing as Kobe probably isn't doing much from here on out, I would say with one more FMVP, Lebron will surpass him.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Say what you want but the majority of fans (and yes there are fans of nba that dont post on ish) view kobe as a 6-8 alltime great. That is facts and cant be debated. While the majority of fans view Lebron as a 9-10 talent alltime.

you see jordan/bron threads for 2 reasons.

1. People view him as having the most potential out of all active players to climb from 9-10 to challenge him.

2. They are kids that are 25 and under who never actually saw jordan play and most certainly didnt see him in his prime so their view is skewed.

think about it like this 20 years from now there will be a new basketball forum with 15 yr olds talking trying to diminish lebron and question whether he is even top 20. Its just the way it is
:biggums: :biggums:
stfu:coleman:

TheMan
05-15-2014, 11:42 AM
yes its quite rare, but silkk lost this one :applause:
Yeah, happens to all of us and everyone will see Silkk got hammered but he'll claim riseagainst is "legit mad" so that means he won. :oldlol:

gts
05-15-2014, 11:42 AM

I'm surprised he has room for you too with as much space as Kobe and Durant take up

jimmy77x
05-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Damn Silk getting DESTROYED as usual and trying to run damage control :roll: :roll: abandon thread ph@ggot :lol

TheMan
05-15-2014, 11:49 AM
:biggums: :biggums:
stfu:coleman:
It will happen, and I'm guessing you're in your 20s and when you'll try to set those kids straight about how good LeBron was, they'll say it's all "nostalgia". It's a given that every generation's kids are a pretty dumb lot. Then we grow up.:cheers:

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 11:59 AM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304044

You were already outed as a r.etard a long time ago :hammerhead:

gts
05-15-2014, 12:04 PM

gts
05-15-2014, 12:05 PM
"Kobe, in my opinion, is the best player in the NBA" - Stephon Marbury
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass.

"Kobe the best in the game right now man. Who better then Kobe?" - Amare Stoudemire

"Kobe is still the best player in the game." - Phil Jackson

"He's the best player alive".- Marc Stein

Lamar Odom said, "It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball."

Kobe is the top player in the league." - Jason Richardson

"The MVP should be, when I look at it, I think it should be the best player in the league. Kobe is the best player in the league." - Chauncey Billups

TNT's Charles Barkley on who he believes are the best athletes in the world: "Kobe is the best basketball player in the world."

"If you want to find a player to build around, he's probably it. He's got great size for a guard, he's pretty impossible to defend, and he is hard to score against when he hunkers down on defense." - Nate McMillan

"I'm not saying that he's the most valuable player, but he's certainly the best player. And it's not even close. He is utterly dominant." - Mike D'Antoni

"Kobe is the best basketball player in the world." - Charles Barkley

"It was bitter that Kobe Bryant got injured. His presence alone would have been enough to win the tournament. That's the level I see him on. To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." - Dirk Nowitzki

"Kobe Bryant is the most talented player in the game today; he could do anything." - Alonzo Mourning

He's the best offensive player in the league, hands down," Bulls guard Ben Gordon

"Nobody can guard Kobe one-on-one. Nobody." - Del Harris

"I see a lot of myself in him. No doubt about it.' - Michael Jordan

Clyde Drexler was asked who the game's top player is today: "I love Yao (Ming), and I love Tracy (McGrady), but Kobe Bryant is by far the best."

"He looked wonderful," said James, who added nine assists and eight rebounds. "You didn't see him go down the middle and dunk? He looked great. I loved having him back. You always want to compete against the very best. That's my favorite player in the game."

"Of course not," James said. "They can never get back to that without Shaq and Phil (Jackson). They still have a quality team. They have the best player in basketball."

Horace Grant kept referring to Bryant as "No. 23," the number Jordan wore. It wasn't a mistake. "I knew what I was saying," Grant said.

"He's the best player in our game today, in my opinion" - Lebron James

"It's hard to guard somebody when he's feeling it. For 10 straight, he was feeling it." It?s always a big challenge battling against the best. - Vince Carter

"At the end of the day Kobe will go down as the greatest player to have ever played the game.""His mentality, his approach -- he tries to seek and destroy. There is really nothing he can't do on the basketball court. The main thing is his will. He is not satisfied with just beating you. He wants to put the dagger in you. I think that is a lost art to a certain degree in this league." - Mark Jackson

"He has no weaknesses." - Al Harrington

gts
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Kobe has a fire in his eyes like he wants to be the best," said Jamal
Crawford. "You can really see it."

"I give him all the respect in the world. He is the No. 1 player in the league, by far." Gilbert Arenas

"He ranks right there with Jordan." - Pat Riley

"He reminds me of Michael Jordan. "You look and they have similar games where they want to lead their team to victory, no matter if they have to shoot the ball every time or if they have to rebound or pass, they're going to find a way to win." I've always said that Kobe Bryant is the best scorer in our game today and he's definitely proving himself. " - Lebron James

Well, he's the best player, by far. Dirk or Nash don't really play defense. And you talk about LeBron (James), well, LeBron doesn't check Kobe, but Kobe checks LeBron. Kobe does pattern himself after Michael (Jordan) in that fact that he's going to check the best. I think that's why he's the best player, because he's one of the best scorers and one of the best defenders." - Chris Webber

That's the reason I'm here coaching, basically, because Kobe is here. I made that evident when I came back that if I was going to coach this team, Kobe is going to be here. He's in a league all to himself... He just smells blood in the water and he's going to go after it. ...That's what you see that you admire in Kobe is that he's going to attack. He's going to be in that mode. He's going to continue to go at a team until either you take him out of the ballgame or else they stop him." - Phil Jackson

"Kobe Bryant is the most complete offensive player that the game has ever seen." - Greg Anthony

Toronto's Jalen Rose:
"I'll be watching because I'm an NBA lifer -- I watch every game I can. We don't want to be the team that gave up 81 -- nobody wants to be looked at like that -- but we have to give Kobe his due. This is the best all-around player and competitor in the game. And the scary part is, he will only get better, especially with Phil Jackson on his side. He will go down as one of the all-time greats."

Cavs Guard, Eric Snow:
"Hats off, he's the best. It's hard to get 50 in a game. He did it in a half. It takes a tough player who works really hard. I think he's one of the best ever."

George Gervin:
"To compare it to anybody would be useless. He set himself apart from everyone else. Everyone looks for another Michael Jordan, and there probably won't be one. What Kobe did was establish himself as one of the greatest scorers of all time at an early age. He's a phenom. I'm a believer, man. Now we've got to sit back and wait and see if anyone scores 82."

Chicago Bulls G, Ben Gordon:" That should put all the questions to rest who's the most talented and who's the, you know, best offensive player in the league. You know if he would've had a decent first half, he might've got 100 points last night. I mean if anybody can go out there and score 25 points a quarter I would definetly say it's Kobe."

Chicago Bulls F/C, Tyson Chandler: "We're witnessing greatness right now. We need to understand that. (asked: "Is he the best of the best?") Yeah, definitely."

Mavs GM, Mark Cuban:
"It's amazing. Beyond amazing. He's on another level from any other player at this point. It's like he is toying with teams. If you push up on him, he just takes two steps back and shoots from further out. I hope the NBA adjusts its TV schedule so we all can see him play more. It would be fun to watch and fun to debate how far a one-man show can drag four other players in a team sport."

Orlando Magic Guard, Keyon Dooling:
"It's not just a buzz about Kobe, it's a holler. That guy is incredible. That's why he's the best player in the league

Orlando Magic Assistant GM, Otis Smith:
"Whether you like him or dislike him, Kobe is a special player. He has the killer instinct in him that a lot of the talented players don't have. When he smells blood, he goes for the jugular. That's a (Michael) Jordan-like quality."

Hornets Guard Kirk Snyder:
"I heard about it after I had finished hanging out with David West, and he called me and said that Kobe had scored 81. My first thought was is that I'm in the NBA with probably one of the best players ever to play in the NBA."

Jerry West:
"I don't know if anyone could have stopped him last night. It's so senseless to me to say he shouldn't take over like that. You give the same amount of shots to everybody else and they're not making that many, I know it. Players are jealous of greatness. Kobe is a unique talent and a unique person. His belief that he can jump to the moon is never going to change. But I admire him, what he's been able to overcome. You would think he would be a fair-haired man of the NBA with what's he's already done. But he's taken a fairly good battering.

Ex-Bull and now-Analyst Steve Kerr:
"I'm always one to credit the guys who win. I don't know if I would have given Kobe the M.V.P. last week. But what he did in the game last night, he's so clearly the best player out there.

Solefade
05-15-2014, 12:20 PM
holy shit this GTS guy is desperately trying to prove that kobe > lebron :oldlol: :oldlol:

sorry for the buzzkill but a bunch of generic quotes from other hall of famers doesn't make it true

scottie pippen (Jordan's right hand man for his entire career) has come out and said that Lebron is probably better than MJ don't think i've heard pippen mention anything about kobe :cheers:

Marchesk
05-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Why do current stans think they can just jump Kareem/Wilt/Russell and go right at Jordan?

Shouldn't your guy pass Magic all-time first at least?

livinglegend
05-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Why do current stans think they can just jump Kareem/Wilt/Russell and go right at Jordan?

Russell >> Jordan

next

riseagainst
05-15-2014, 12:24 PM

this. Dude's not even the best SF all time yet. Should pass up some of the other top 10s before talking about MJ.

SilkkTheShocker

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

good one

KingBeasley08

Cause nobody cares about the caveman era. Not even trying to be mean, just honest

TheMan
05-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Russell >> Jordan

next
Russell >>>>> LeBron

next

20Four
05-15-2014, 12:39 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304044

You were already outed as a r.etard a long time ago :hammerhead:
Silk why are you always negative? Does your job suck that much flipping burgers you have to come here and rage? Or did you not hit any goals in your life? That's why your so sour all the time? Damn son, go outside make friends, you seem so negative you never hit any of your life goals eh?

red1
05-15-2014, 12:58 PM
No. Just no.

livinglegend
05-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Russell >>>>> LeBron

next

i m not a Lebron stan

next

riseagainst
05-15-2014, 01:07 PM
i m not a Lebron stan

next

:coleman:

dubeta
05-15-2014, 01:13 PM
LMAO have you guys noticed how Kobe stans use quotes, opinions, and subjective factors (but.. but teh killer instinct, drive, heart etc.) to say Kobe is better than LeBron, but every objective measure (stats, PER, clutch situations) say LeBron DEMOLISHES Kobe? :oldlol: :oldlol:

And anyone who uses quotes is an automatic fakkit as those were before LeBron even won a championship, I'd like anyone to bring up quotes on Gawdbe over the last 2 years pls :roll:

TheMan
05-15-2014, 01:14 PM
i m not a Lebron stan

next
Yeah I'm playing shortstop for da Mets
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119232021/sopranos/images/c/c7/Corrado_John_Soprano,_Jr..jpg

livinglegend
05-15-2014, 01:15 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119232021/sopranos/images/c/c7/Corrado_John_Soprano,_Jr..jpg

no you are not

ETHER:applause: :applause: :applause:

TheMan
05-15-2014, 01:17 PM
:facepalm

onhcetum
05-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Question: If Lebron were on the Lakers last year (when he tore his ACL), would the Lakers have been an 8th seed?

We saw it in 2004-2007 (absolute peak -- and you're an 8th seed/not making playoffs?), and then we saw it again in 2013. Kobe is a high volume shooter -- that's it. Lebron is a PLAY MAKER.

Can you imagine ANY Lebron led team be as irrelevant as Kobe's teams post Shaq?

- assists
- defense

A man with the size of Karl Malone playing the point...

livinglegend
05-15-2014, 01:18 PM

ETHER :applause: :applause: :applause:

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 01:30 PM

You never had the makings of a varsity athlete

zoom17
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Lebron>Kobe

nathanjizzle
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM
silk has been taking L's lately.