PDA

View Full Version : while everyone was complaining about Durant getting special refs treatment....

riseagainst
05-15-2014, 01:02 PM
why is no one mentioning Lebron's special ref treatment so far in the playoffs?

avging 11 FTA a game and having a FTr of almost .63, highest since his 09 playoffs, where he got every single call from the refs.

Durant doesn't even come close to those rates.

jimmy77x
05-15-2014, 01:10 PM
Lebron Stans are hypocrite's. Whine and bitch all day about KD when lebeta gets every call while traveling every game and is allowed foul on defense/ push off defenders barreling his way to the basket, With his basic ass game:lol

Fudge
05-15-2014, 01:13 PM
LeBrons been getting ref treatment for all of his career, so I'm honestly not even surprised.

At least for Durant, he's been getting calls here and there only for the past 2 seasons.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 01:14 PM
one shoots jumpers and flails, the other attacks the rim and is a tank.
not lebrons fault that the nets were so retarded to grab his shoulders everytime he drove to the rim:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

jlip
05-15-2014, 01:16 PM

avging 11 FTA a game and having a FTr of almost .63, highest since his 09 playoffs, where he got every single call from the refs.

There were at least 3 threads complaining about this last night alone.

inclinerator
05-15-2014, 01:17 PM
one shoots jumpers and flails, the other attacks the rim and is a tank.
not lebrons fault that the nets were so retarded to grab his shoulders everytime he drove to the rim:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:
welcome back

NumberSix
05-15-2014, 02:25 PM

Because there isn't any.

BuffaloBill
05-15-2014, 02:26 PM
We're used to it by now

russwest0
05-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Compared to the regular season, LeBron's FTA go up significantly despite taking less shots
While Durant's FTA go down significantly despite taking more shots

Won't stop Heat fans from making OKC GDT's almost unreadable with their whining (though I now ignored all the dipshits)

NumberSix
05-15-2014, 02:28 PM
LeBron's FTA go up significantly on less shots
Durant's FTA go down significantly on more shots

Won't stop Heat fans from making OKC GDT's almost unreadable with their whining (though I now ignored all the dipshits)
When you get fouled, it doesn't count as a field goal attempt. :hammerhead:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Not really about the amount of calls he gets.. Its the lack of ones called against him. Guy is allowed to hand/body-check late in games whereas other players arent.

russwest0
05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
The worst shit is seeing Joe Johnson simply touch LeBron and get the foul call and LeBron given FT's for it and LeBron stans acting like it was a good call.

Yet Tony Allen does far worse to KD and is far more physical and LeBron stans acted like that was fine as well :roll: :roll: :roll:

wally_world
05-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Because there isn't any.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

tmacattack33
05-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Many of the fouls on Lebron are intentional, as intended to put him on the foul line instead of letting him get a lay up or dunk.

pegasus
Not really about the amount of calls he gets.. Its the lack of ones called against him. Guy is allowed to hand/body-check late in games whereas other players arent.

This. It's disgusting what he gets away with. And his teammates too (not to the same extent, but they also get to slap and push and get away with most of it). It's Pat Riley's motto. "Foul every chance you get. Refs are not gonna call all of them, and when they do, complain." He actually said something like that.

russwest0
In game 4 where LeBron got like 20 FT's and the Heat barely won, the lead official for that game has officiated the Heat to a 21-2 record in the LeBron era.

J Shuttlesworth
05-15-2014, 03:22 PM
lol did you guys even watch game 5? Kidd's game plan was to hack LeBron any time he got into the paint. It's actually a really smart strategy since he's less likely to earn them at the line than to get a layup. He's normally a 75% FT shooter, but last night he was like 15-17 or something. It's a smart strategy, but backfired.

DonDadda59
05-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Considering how many times he drives to the basket, he should have a much higher FTr than a jump shooter like Durant. That wasn't the case in the regular season as I pointed out HERE (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331918) but looks like the refs went to the other extreme with Bron once the playoffs started:lol

AnaheimLakers24
05-15-2014, 03:31 PM
hes allowed to shoulder drive and they call those against the players that are defending him. blame the refs not the fgt

Hoopz2332
05-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Lebron should always get more Ft's than Durant. The difference in their attack is...

Lebron

http://i.imgur.com/HVXGwdI.jpg

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/4032439/lenose.gif

Durant

http://i.minus.com/iOaY1qQFAnL3J.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Y0kC22k.gif

http://i.imgur.com/FpVe2kF.gif

NumberSix
05-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Come on shake your body baby do that conga

Nash
05-15-2014, 05:41 PM
are ya'll seriously having this discussion? Lebron is a freight train that constantly drives to the basket. He should lead the nba in fta.

Solefade
05-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Lebron should always get more Ft's than Durant. The difference in their attack is...

Lebron

http://i.imgur.com/HVXGwdI.jpg

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/4032439/lenose.gif

Durant

http://i.minus.com/iOaY1qQFAnL3J.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Y0kC22k.gif

http://i.imgur.com/FpVe2kF.gif

sit your ass down russwest

NumberSix
05-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Considering how many times he drives to the basket, he should have a much higher FTr than a jump shooter like Durant. That wasn't the case in the regular season as I pointed out HERE (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331918) but looks like the refs went to the other extreme with Bron once the playoffs started:lol
This is how many FTA they are averaging in the playoffs.

Durant: 9.7
LeBron: 10.9

Anyone who actually think Durant should even be that close to LeBron is insane. There should be a much bigger gap than 1.2 FTA

Threethrows
05-15-2014, 06:25 PM
As a neutral fan that admires both players and hates stan behavior it's because LeBron is much more aggressive driving to the hoop. Does he get preferential treatment however? Yes, they both do. As have most stars.

Hoopz2332
05-15-2014, 06:30 PM
This is how many FTA they are averaging in the playoffs.

Durant: 9.7
LeBron: 10.9

Anyone who actually think Durant should even be that close to LeBron is insane. There should be a much bigger gap than 1.2 FTA

damn shame Durant avg almost the same amount of Ft's as LBJ while shooting jumper after jumper:coleman:

Trollsmasher
05-15-2014, 06:32 PM
all LeBron calls were the right calls so far in the playoffs

Durant should be averaging about 2-3 FTAs per game less though.

Cocaine80s
05-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Personally, i think both of them have been deserving their free throws these playoffs. Most of the fouls called on both have been legit. But Durant is going up against more physical teams so he isnt driving in as much.

NumberSix
05-15-2014, 06:34 PM
all LeBron calls were the right calls so far in the playoffs

Durant should be averaging about 2-3 FTAs per game less though.
In game 4, LeBron get a couple cheap calls. They weren't ALL legit. However, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the BS calls KD gets on a night to night basis.

Solefade
05-15-2014, 06:40 PM
As a neutral fan that admires both players and hates stan behavior it's because LeBron is much more aggressive driving to the hoop. Does he get preferential treatment however? Yes, they both do. As have most stars.

how do you like both and are neutral about them?

it's like if you're a dude you either like males or females. anything inbetween is being bisexual and we all know that's just a myth when it comes to dudes :oldlol:

Threethrows
05-16-2014, 05:44 AM
how do you like both and are neutral about them?

it's like if you're a dude you either like males or females. anything inbetween is being bisexual and we all know that's just a myth when it comes to dudes :oldlol:

How is that at all the same thing? :facepalm

Do you think neutrality is the same thing as indifference? :facepalm

Do you have reading disorder or do you just have no ability to understand context? :facepalm

dannywpt
05-16-2014, 05:51 AM
I don't think people are discussing this because people weren't watching the Eastern Conference games. They were simply too one-sided, and players like bran don't have a very exciting game to watch. I think even the bran sheep were too busy writing conspiracy threads about refs on ISH rather than to watch their boy play

Sakkreth
05-16-2014, 05:53 AM
Difference is LeBron drives more often, gets held, hacked etc. Durant goes to charity stripe because of shit like rip throughs.

rmt
05-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Lebron's foul on Pierce should have gotten the Nets 2 free-throws. I hate superstar calls. I'm gonna be screaming at the TV vs OKC + refs.

Rake2204
05-16-2014, 08:00 AM
If anyone should have a large number of free throw attempts, it should be the two biggest offensive threats in the NBA, likely touching the ball, attacking, and gaining an advantage on their defenders more frequently than most anyone else in the league.

Further, with a guy like James, he's able to turn a defender's shoulders so readily that he's constantly getting himself to the rack with defenders left liable for committing fouls due to their inability to maintain legal defensive position.

ILLsmak
05-16-2014, 08:23 AM
How is that at all the same thing? :facepalm

Do you think neutrality is the same thing as indifference? :facepalm

Do you have reading disorder or do you just have no ability to understand context? :facepalm

I like how the facepalm smiley sentences got longer. It's almost like art or by design.

I need a new sport. lol. Whenever two big name teams play it's gonna be rigged. And people are like THE RIGGING IN GAME 2 MAKES UP FOR THE RIGGING IN GAME 1. But... does it really?

Bron would still be a beast if they called fouls normally, same with KD. That's what is mind blowing. Bron needs to get less calls where he just bulls into the lane. As I said a long time ago, I feel like how hard you are going either on a drive or a post move should matter in terms of how much contact you get without a foul.

I'm totally cool with how they are calling fouls on jump shooters because they should be protected, but dudes driving in the paint shouldn't get soft calls as long as they are creating some of the contact themselves.

-Smak

HoopsFanNumero1
05-16-2014, 09:29 AM
I like how the facepalm smiley sentences got longer. It's almost like art or by design.

I need a new sport. lol. Whenever two big name teams play it's gonna be rigged. And people are like THE RIGGING IN GAME 2 MAKES UP FOR THE RIGGING IN GAME 1. But... does it really?

Bron would still be a beast if they called fouls normally, same with KD. That's what is mind blowing. Bron needs to get less calls where he just bulls into the lane. As I said a long time ago, I feel like how hard you are going either on a drive or a post move should matter in terms of how much contact you get without a foul.

I'm totally cool with how they are calling fouls on jump shooters because they should be protected, but dudes driving in the paint shouldn't get soft calls as long as they are creating some of the contact themselves.

-Smak

So to summarize, stick figures shooting jump shots should get soft calls all game long, but guys banging in the paint shouldn't? :oldlol:

livinglegend
05-16-2014, 09:32 AM
So to summarize, stick figures shooting jump shots should get soft calls all game long, but guys banging in the paint shouldn't? :oldlol:

-Smak

fixed :oldlol:

edrick
05-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Driving vs jump shooting... Who experiences more contact. I wonder. :rolleyes:

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 10:17 AM

:oldlol: :applause:

Kingwillball
05-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Lebron Stans are hypocrite's. Whine and bitch all day about KD when lebeta gets every call while traveling every game and is allowed foul on defense/ push off defenders barreling his way to the basket, With his basic ass game:lol

No Lebron deserves his trips to line attacking basket or in post while KD flails and flops on jumpers.

Kingwillball
05-16-2014, 11:46 AM
The worst shit is seeing Joe Johnson simply touch LeBron and get the foul call and LeBron given FT's for it and LeBron stans acting like it was a good call.

Yet Tony Allen does far worse to KD and is far more physical and LeBron stans acted like that was fine as well :roll: :roll: :roll:

It looks worse cause Durant can't handle the contact with his skinny body like Lebron.

NBAplayoffs2001
05-16-2014, 12:06 PM

Who can't forget that and 1 he got vs the brooklyn nets on a clearly 4 step travel. :rant

The refs I swear are sometimes represent the "three blind mice"

:hammerhead:

NBAplayoffs2001
05-16-2014, 12:08 PM
It looks worse cause Durant can't handle the contact with his skinny body like Lebron.

Yeah thats why he averages 7-8 rebounds in a way tougher conference :pimp:

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Lebron is 260+ pounds and is embracing his physical game more than ever. If anything his free throws are legit, and 4 or so fts a game are just from intentional fouls on the break/open lane.

riseagainst
05-16-2014, 12:10 PM

this should shut all the lebron fans down.

:lol

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Yet that doesn't matter, Lebron is the superior rebounder, as proved in 2012.

riseagainst
05-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Yet that doesn't matter, Lebron is the superior rebounder, as proved in 2012.

but it's 2014 right now. A player can't improve in 2 years?

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2014, 12:15 PM
but it's 2014 right now. A player can't improve in 2 years?
No, once a skinny niqqa always a skinny niqqa.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 12:22 PM

because of faster pace and more possesions/shots in the West and lebron is the better rebounder even while playing with less possession/slower pace. Check the rebound rate from this season and you will see who the better rebounder is

http://i.imgur.com/DEnWkIb.png

Lebron is winning:applause:

this should shut all the lebron fans down.

:lol

dont think so:lol:

riseagainst
05-16-2014, 12:26 PM
because of faster pace and more possesions/shots in the West and lebron is the better rebounder even while playing with less possession/slower pace. Check the rebound rate from this season and you will see who the better rebounder is

http://i.imgur.com/DEnWkIb.png

Lebron is winning:applause:

dont think so:lol:

so he's a marginally better rebounder than Durant, who also has top rebounders on his team.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 12:50 PM
so he's a marginally better rebounder than Durant, who also has top rebounders on his team.

this season, lebron didn't even hit the boards that hard. Check last season when he tried more

http://i.imgur.com/t1P5QDn.png

I would say lebron is quite easily a better rebounder than durant. When they played in the finals at the same pace, lebron proved this

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2012_finals.html