PDA

View Full Version : No way Miami beats the Spurs in the finals.

Connor B
05-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Miami getting to the finals is a foregone conclusion. The Spurs, not nearly as set it stone, but let's say they do.

Of the three teams remaining in the WCF, the Spurs would easily be the most difficult opponent for Miami in the finals. They are probably better than last year, and they have homecourt advantage in the reissued 2-2-1-1-1 format.

Miami is clearly not as good as last year. Its not that they can't be unstoppable because they pretty much are when Bosh/Wade are playing like all-stars and the role players are putting out max production, but the chances of everyone clicking on that level continues to become more and more unlikely. Lebron is amazingly consistent, but outside of that, you never really know what kind of performances you are going to get. I don't bet against the Heat because they always seem to step up when it absolutely matters, and their track record in must win games is amazing...this is why I think they would beat the Thunder or Clippers.

But the Spurs are so deep, efficient, and consistent, that Miami having a great game will not necessarily translate into wins, and now that they have home court this year, I see them winning in 6-7 comfortably.

What say you, ISH? If you hate the Heat you should be hoping for this match up.

Demitri98
05-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Spurs are not losing to Miami this year.

Spurs in 5.

I said it.

Paul George 24
05-15-2014, 01:47 PM
lol..................

let's talk when we beat the thunders

navy
05-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Heat fans everywhere are rejoicing after this Conner B thread.

Fudge
05-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Inb4 OKC-Indy Finals. THANK U BASED CONNOR! :bowdown:

tjgoHAM
05-15-2014, 01:51 PM
spurs/pacers please

rmt
Parker's got a tight hamstring. OKC is a bad matchup for SAS. I'm praying for LAC to win - gives TP more time to recover and a better matchup. Worry about Miami if they get that far.

NumberSix
Heat in 6

jimmy77x
05-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Op is a Ph@ggot, always 100% wrong.

Paul George 24
05-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Heat in 6

lol :roll:

moe94
05-15-2014, 01:57 PM
spurs/pacers please
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sleeping-under-a-desk-o.gif

JUDGE WITNESS
05-15-2014, 02:05 PM
heat sweep

funnystuff
05-15-2014, 02:06 PM
spurs/pacers please
You want the NBA to go bankrupt?

Solefade
05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
if you're a fan of basketball above all then you need the Heat coming out of the east or it's gonna be a shitty finals

VengefulAngel
05-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Lebron James is going to win at least 2 games against any team.

tjgoHAM
05-15-2014, 02:48 PM
You want the NBA to go bankrupt?

no I want to watch team oriented basketball with far less flopping, superstar calls, etc.

Kingwillball
05-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Spurs are not losing to Miami this year.

Spurs in 5.

I said it.

LOL.. IF and that is a BIG IF the spurs won it would be in 7..

Cold soul
05-15-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm rooting for Spurs but I'm not sure they get past OKC in the next round. I feel OKC is a terrible matchup for them scheme wise.

Solefade
05-15-2014, 02:59 PM
no I want to watch team oriented basketball with far less flopping, superstar calls, etc.

lol thats funny because spurs had way more freethrows than heat last finals

Eric Cartman
05-15-2014, 03:02 PM
The Heat are winning the title this year. The faster you embrace it the less it's going to bother. Hell, I want the Heat to lose more than anyone, cried last year after the Heat won game 7, slipped into a mild depression. Not going to get my hopes up on the Heat losing (trusted the Bulls, Pacers, OKC, Spurs) yet nothing came to fruition. Only way the Heat lose is that Lebron goes in a funk. Thought it was happening last year with the way he shot from midrange in the finals, yet they still won and Lebron was the unstoppable beast that he is.

We are living in the dark age my friends, let's just hope to christ we get out of it mostly unharmed.

jzek
05-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Agree. Miami got LUCKY last year on a Ray Allen 3.

Spurs in an easy 5 or 6 this time.

tjgoHAM
05-15-2014, 03:07 PM
lol thats funny because spurs had way more freethrows than heat last finals

prove it

Kingwillball
05-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Agree. Miami got LUCKY last year on a Ray Allen 3.

Spurs in an easy 5 or 6 this time.

Again No way LEbron goes down EASY.. Miami is ALot better and more experienced than Portland and an old half as talented Mavs team took them 7.. Wake up fool.

Goldrush25
05-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Spurs won't even get to the Finals.

ninephive
05-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Lebron James is going to win at least 2 games against any team.
This is very true. The only exception in his career is the 2007 Finals.

Kingwillball
05-15-2014, 03:12 PM
One point about Heat in this series if Wade is healthier will be a bigger factor and if Spurs play Lebron same way(sagging off and packing paint) he should adjust a lot sooner.

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Doesn't matter who wins the west, Miami isn't losing.

New World Order
05-15-2014, 03:55 PM
prove it

Basketball Reference states the Spurs shot 158 free-throw attempts versus 118 for Miami (+40 for San Antonio). According to NBA.com the Heat set the record for the fewest free-throws attempted in NBA history for a 7-games series (previous record for a 7-game series was 126 in 2005).

Demitri98
05-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Basketball Reference states the Spurs shot 158 free-throw attempts versus 118 for Miami (+40 for San Antonio). The Heat set an NBA record for the fewest free-throws attempted in NBA history for a 7-games series.
Link?

derb2k2
05-15-2014, 03:58 PM
I was reflecting on this very topic just yesterday after the Heat won. Hypothetically, if the Heat face off against the Spurs, it'll be a blood-bath.

I'm admittedly petrified of the Spurs. Shooters galore and a decent defensive wing in Leonard to corral James through most of the game. They're a damn well-oiled machine and have a GOAT coach to go along with vengeance. F***

But, Lebron James is going to fight for his third and possibly last title in some time (possibly). Who will be able to slow him down when he goes into 'top-5 all-time' mode??? This'll also be the 'swan song' for some veterans on this Heat team and you can bet that they will want to win this badly for themselves, and for Lebron and Wade.

It'll be hard to 3-peat but the idea alone will motivate Lebron and co. Best believe Wade will come to play. It is the Finals, after all.

:coleman: :cheers:

New World Order
05-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Link?

1) Basketball Reference

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2013_finals.html

2) NBA.COM

http://www.nba.com/history/records/finals_series_freethrows.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page. They need to update the record for the fewest free-throws in a 7-game series with the 2013 Miami-San Antonio series (still showing the old record).

funnystuff
05-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Why is it so hard to believe that SA had more freethrows than Miami?

I watched every single minute of the series and if anything SA was getting all the calls.

Smoke117
05-15-2014, 04:27 PM
I don't want to see a Spurs or Thunder rematch vs the Heat. The Clippers need to pull it together because that will be the most fun series if they manage to make it to the finals.

Rake2204
05-15-2014, 04:35 PM
I have a very difficult time seeing Miami go down. In fact, I feel these sort of threads falsely lend credence to the misguided notion that Miami is somehow working against the odds.

LeBron James is one of the greatest players of all-time. He did an admirable job in helping a team of Zydrunases and Sashas get to the Finals in 2007. To then add the likes of stars Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, and Ray Allen to the mix - even if they were all walking corpses (which they're not), it's a squad with such a high amount of shear ability that they can overcome certain shortcomings that would normally spell doom for regular basketball teams.

navy
05-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Why is it so hard to believe that SA had more freethrows than Miami?

I watched every single minute of the series and if anything SA was getting all the calls.
Pacers as well. :facepalm

funnystuff
05-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Pacers as well. :facepalm
Oh trust me I noticed, a lot of spectacular things happened last year and i think that contributes into overshadowing the disgusting ref bias towards every team that faced the Heat.

Connor B
05-15-2014, 05:08 PM
One thing almost none of you have mentioned in this thread is that the Spurs of last year without homecourt and with a slightly worse team (arguably) came within an offensive rebound of winning in 6. So why all of a sudden will the Heat for sure beat the Spurs?

robert_shaww
05-15-2014, 05:12 PM
OKC in 5 vs Spurs

Miami in 5 vs OKC

SilkkTheShocker
05-15-2014, 05:13 PM
One thing almost none of you have mentioned in this thread is that the Spurs of last year without homecourt and with a slightly worse team (arguably) came within an offensive rebound of winning in 6. So why all of a sudden will the Heat for sure beat the Spurs?

Spurs also had their role players going off from 3 the majority of the series. Look at all the crap they tossed up that went in. Neal, Green, Leonard, and even Diaw couldn't even miss most of the series. Hell, Parker won game 1 and almost game 6 by hitting absurd shots. People talk about Miami getting lucky with Allen's shot. But the Spurs caught almost every break that series. The officiating was disgustingly in favor of SA.

Solefade
05-15-2014, 05:31 PM
prove it

1) Basketball Reference

2) NBA.COM

Scroll to the bottom of the page. They need to update the record for the fewest free-throws in a 7-game series with the 2013 Miami-San Antonio series (still showing the old record).

:oldlol: :oldlol: man not only were you wrong but you were HELLA wrong :roll:

TheMan
05-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Heat in 6
This nikka :lol

Heat in 3

ninephive
05-15-2014, 05:44 PM
1) Basketball Reference

2) NBA.COM

Yah, but the Spurs were one of the best teams at the league at not fouling last year:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=team_totals&lg_id=NBA&year_min=2013&year_max=2013&franch_id=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=opp_fta

AND they let Lebron shoot wide open jumpers for the first half of the series. It wasn't a badly reffed series. In fact, the only real controversial calls (ones the announcers made huge talking points from) were Allen's hack on Ginobili's arm and Bosh bodying Green out of bounds, both in the last 5 seconds of OT in Game 6.

Solefade
05-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Yah, but the Spurs were one of the best teams at the league at not fouling last year:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=team_totals&lg_id=NBA&year_min=2013&year_max=2013&franch_id=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=opp_fta

AND they let Lebron shoot wide open jumpers for the first half of the series. It wasn't a badly reffed series. In fact, the only real controversial calls (ones the announcers made huge talking points from) were Allen's hack on Ginobili's arm and Bosh bodying Green out of bounds, both in the last 5 seconds of OT in Game 6.

that wasn't the point. people were complaining about superstar calls and refs rigging it for the heat which isn't true as the above links prove that.

tjgoHAM
05-15-2014, 05:54 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: man not only were you wrong but you were HELLA wrong :roll:

wrong about what? I simply asked for proof that the Heat got more FT's than the Spurs.

ninephive
05-15-2014, 06:01 PM
that wasn't the point. people were complaining about superstar calls and refs rigging it for the heat which isn't true as the above links prove that.
I'm not saying it was rigged for the Heat, just that there were 2 really bad calls in the last 5 seconds of G6 to force game 7. The Heat know that the refs are going to swallow their whistles in Miami on a last play (they did it again last night as JJ got bumped over and over and hit across the arm on the last play with no call...or when Lebron raked Pierce's arm, which would have been free throws, but no call). These weren't as bad as Allen's rake on Ginobili or Bosh bodying Green into the bench, but it would have been called in the first 46 minutes of the game (which is the comment JVG made in the Finals). In that regard the Heat are smart for playing that aggressive on the last play of huge games when they know it's not going to be called...but at some point, you have to give the shooter space to make a move...I mean, look at what they handed Westbrook! You're telling me there was remotely as much contact on Westbrook's 3 as there was on Ginobili or Green or Joe Johnson or Paul Pierce?

oh the horror
05-15-2014, 06:04 PM
People are forgetting Tony Parker is having some issues right now. They need him to even get to the finals.

Solefade
05-15-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm not saying it was rigged for the Heat, just that there were 2 really bad calls in the last 5 seconds of G6 to force game 7. The Heat know that the refs are going to swallow their whistles in Miami on a last play (they did it again last night as JJ got bumped over and over and hit across the arm on the last play with no call...or when Lebron raked Pierce's arm, which would have been free throws, but no call). These weren't as bad as Allen's rake on Ginobili or Bosh bodying Green into the bench, but it would have been called in the first 46 minutes of the game (which is the comment JVG made in the Finals). In that regard the Heat are smart for playing that aggressive on the last play of huge games when they know it's not going to be called...but at some point, you have to give the shooter space to make a move...I mean, look at what they handed Westbrook! You're telling me there was remotely as much contact on Westbrook's 3 as there was on Ginobili or Green or Joe Johnson or Paul Pierce?

i don't remember the Ginobli, they awarded the nets the ball for the Pierce foul, and Johnson---Lebron definitely got away with ONE there..as for the block by Bosh on Green, that was clean to me with minimal body contact...cp3 hit westbrook on the elbow it's not the same thing :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Solefade
05-15-2014, 06:08 PM
wrong about what? I simply asked for proof that the Heat got more FT's than the Spurs.

you were wrong about "heat gets too many superstar calls" and asking for a indy/spurs finals :confusedshrug:

Trollsmasher
05-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Imma scared shitless of the Spurs, hopefully OKC or Clippers somehow beat them

tjgoHAM
05-15-2014, 06:27 PM
you were wrong about "heat gets too many superstar calls" and asking for a indy/spurs finals :confusedshrug:

:whatever:

secund2nun
05-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Miami can beat the Spurs again, but it's around 50/50 chances. The Spurs still have a massive advantage at head coach and center, which is devastating for Miami but Miami has Lebron. Miami also may have the rest advantage heading into the finals as well. Plus Wade is a lot more fresh and healthy this season than last. Also while Miami was lucky to win the title last year instead of losing in 6, the Spurs were really hot from downtown last year with Green and Neal going insane. I doubt they can get 2 role players to have anywhere near the production that Green and Neal had in the 2013 finals against Miami. For most of the series Lebron and Wade were bad from mid range and beyond...we can't just assume they will shoot poorly again. They have had series where they were hot from downtown.

With that said, I am rooting for OKC/Clippers over Spurs. They are much easier matchups than the Spurs.

HurricaneKid
05-15-2014, 06:38 PM

Obvious agenda is obvious. You think Bosh should have been called for a foul on that? Seriously??

secund2nun
05-15-2014, 06:46 PM

It was rigged for the Spurs, which is why Miami had the lowest amount of FTs in NBA finals history for a 7 game series and I believe it was the lowest amount of free throws for any team in a 7 game series in playoff history.

The agenda against Miami was very obvious especially in game 6.

navy
05-15-2014, 06:47 PM

Ray Allen didnt hack Ginonli's arm at all. I want someone to find me even proof of that. He might have grazed him lol, but I dont even think he did that. Ginobli just straight flopped and traveled.

Bosh had body contact but he got so much ball it wasnt called. Even Danny Green said he got blocked not fouled.

The only questionable calls were the touch fouls that the Spurs got in the third quarter by Joey Crawford. He did the same thing vs the Lakers in the 2010 finals. 20 ft in the fourth quarter of a champonship clincher? Only a Crawford game.

Funnyfuka
05-15-2014, 06:56 PM
if spurs beat okc, they ll get destroyed by miami in the end. If okc beat spurs and its miami okc finals, it will be interesting to watch for once.

Pointguard
05-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't buy into last years Heat performance. Not one player was on their game. Their team ball in the playoffs overall was much worse than it was when they won 26 games in a row. In fact, that streak kind of threw their game off (in a way like if you over focus on something and then relax after its over). Miami, would have won that series a bit earlier if the Heat played their game. Both teams are better this year. I think SA improved more so.

LakersFan626
05-15-2014, 09:29 PM
I was reflecting on this very topic just yesterday after the Heat won. Hypothetically, if the Heat face off against the Spurs, it'll be a blood-bath.

I'm admittedly petrified of the Spurs. Shooters galore and a decent defensive wing in Leonard to corral James through most of the game. They're a damn well-oiled machine and have a GOAT coach to go along with vengeance. F***

But, Lebron James is going to fight for his third and possibly last title in some time (possibly). Who will be able to slow him down when he goes into 'top-5 all-time' mode??? This'll also be the 'swan song' for some veterans on this Heat team and you can bet that they will want to win this badly for themselves, and for Lebron and Wade.

It'll be hard to 3-peat but the idea alone will motivate Lebron and co. Best believe Wade will come to play. It is the Finals, after all.

:coleman: :cheers:

Refs. If OKC gets to the Finals, which I'm pretty sure of especially since Parker's injured now, I can see the refs influencing the series in OKC's favor this time for the story of "Durant's redemption", and "OKC dethroning the evil empire". Notice how the promotion of LeBron by the league has declined a little (his last few years in Cleveland and his first couple years in Miami LeBron was mentioned ALL OVER the place) while Durant's promotion is at an all-time high? OKC is a better matchup for the Heat than the Spurs (though Heat are a better matchup for them than OKC) but the refs are very difficult to overcome for anyone.

Relinquish
05-15-2014, 10:49 PM

Wait... Spurs and Pacers aren't teams who flop and get superstar calls? :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: