05-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Looks like he used his NBA experience well :applause:

Fudge
05-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Another bonafide NBA scrub. :oldlol:

Batz
05-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Wow, you're actually not joking...

http://admin.euroleague.net/rs/57518/4e8a81df-0469-44c6-884e-110cb73806b9/cec/filename/daniele-sano-bwin-head-of-sponsorships-and-events-with-sergio-rodriguez-real-madrid-bwin-mvp-2013-14-final-four-milan-2014.jpg
http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/137020

:lol

Wavves
05-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Always liked Sergio. He's a good player and i wish he was back in the league. He can definitely play in it.

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 02:15 PM
Always liked Sergio. He's a good player and i wish he was back in the league. He can definitely play in it.
He has matured a lot as a player. When he first returned to Europe his shot was shaky and his decision making was very inconsistent. Struggled to finish in traffic too.

He has improved in all those areas to the point he has become a very efficient scorer for Real Madrid, regularly coming through in crunchtime for them.

I think he regressed during his time in the NBA, his lack of athleticism and unreliable shooting back then kept him from ever earning consistent minutes but he's always been incredibly talented.

King1991nba
05-15-2014, 02:20 PM
4 ppg, 3apg in the NBA = Euroleague MVP :cheers:

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 02:23 PM
He's very different from the player tha NBA-only fans saw but it's not like he's been dominating competition. In fact he's been coming off the bench behind Llull.

Goes to show how different basketball is over in Europe :lol

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Spanoulis coasted doe:coleman:

GimmeThat
05-15-2014, 02:25 PM
some people aren't great with specialization, their skills are just balance all around.

Nikola_
05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
13/2/5 off the bench = MVP :biggums:

Threethrows
05-15-2014, 02:32 PM

I know why you posted this, but honestly he played in a slow paced back up role for the iso Roy Blazers. Not to mention he's improved a lot as a player.

It was a lot of fun watching him and Rudy Fernandez in the NBA together, too bad Rudy was a whiney bitch when Sergio left though. Plus after Rudy got injured by Ariza he turned into a wimp afraid to play in the NBA.

Haymaker
05-15-2014, 02:38 PM
So he's better than Scamnoulis?

Rooster
05-15-2014, 02:39 PM

LMAO:oldlol: Minor league:facepalm

Last NBA sighting

Buttshifting at Sactown and Knicks benches

Pro stats: 4 ppg 3 apg on 42 % shooting

Demotion = Euroleague MVP:roll:

jzek
05-15-2014, 02:39 PM
13/2/5 off the bench = MVP :biggums:

Tell me you're joking. Those are his MVP stats? LeBron gets those numbers in HALF a quarter! :facepalm

The talent difference is so big it's mind boggling...

Rooster
05-15-2014, 02:43 PM
He has matured a lot as a player. When he first returned to Europe his shot was shaky and his decision making was very inconsistent. Struggled to finish in traffic too.

He has improved in all those areas to the point he has become a very efficient scorer for Real Madrid, regularly coming through in crunchtime for them.

I think he regressed during his time in the NBA, his lack of athleticism and unreliable shooting back then kept him from ever earning consistent minutes but he's always been incredibly talented.

Yeah sure:rolleyes:

Past shot version of Kirilenko won it:oldlol:

Spanoulis won it last year:oldlol:

And VSpan was a worst colossal failure in the pros:oldlol:

Rooster
05-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Tell me you're joking. Those are his MVP stats? LeBron gets those numbers in HALF a quarter! :facepalm

They don't have star players over there.

Though Few have potential that will be an NBA player soon

But the best role player usually wins it.

Case in point

Anthony Parker

Also the shot version of Kirilenko

And VSpan

TaLvsCuaL
05-15-2014, 02:49 PM
He always was a great passer but lacked scoring ability and his defense was not too good.

Currently is a pretty decent scorer, much better defender and controls the tempo of the game like a veteran.

Totally deserved, and I'm sure he might have a place
in the league right now.

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 03:04 PM

Typical ignorant fan making statements without watching a single game... 'but I have seen the stats! That's enough for me!' :facepalm

Try watching some games to understand how different is the brand of basketball played over in Europe. Euroleague's Final Four starts tomorrow, there's your first chance to get a clue.

Oly BC
05-15-2014, 04:25 PM

I thought Real would be a second round playoff team in the NBA. I was wrong. Certain contenders along with a few more european teams.

Any NBA fan even attempting to watch two average euroleague teams play each other would immediately get dizzy from all the passing.

Players in the NBA would just be breaking their own necks trying to follow the elite passing and team play of Europe's best.

NBA is so bad it is literally hell.

MiseryCityTexas
05-15-2014, 04:53 PM
This guy was terrible in the NBA.

inclinerator
05-15-2014, 05:26 PM
inb4 euroleague comes in and says that's not the euroleague mvp

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 06:33 PM
I don' know how to search it, but i would like to see Rodriguez's stats as a starter in the NBA... he was pretty good when given minutes.
If i can recall he was top 3 in assists per 48, it's not a big thing but it's not bad also.

McMillan stuffed him in the bench, like he did with Jarret Jack and Patty Mills and now they are succeding in different levels... it shows how important is to be in the right system with a consistent spot playing.

Sergio would be terrific playing off the bench in NBA, changing the tempo.
He's now A LOT more consistent, better shooter, better decision maker, etc. He was 20years when he got in NBA.

Trollsmasher
05-15-2014, 06:35 PM
How do you win MVP off the bench?:biggums:

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 06:51 PM

Playing 22 minutes per game for arguably the best team in Europe, closing games.

"It doesn't matter who starts, but who finishes the games".

Smook A.
05-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Euroleague. Where NBA scrubs go to win MVPs

Oly BC
05-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Awwww, that's so cute. You're like 5 year olds, staring wide-eyed at all the things you don't understand!

Playing 22 minutes per game for arguably the best team in Europe, closing games.

"It doesn't matter who starts, but who finishes the games".
No title since 95.

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Euroleague. Where NBA scrubs go to win MVPs
All I am going to say is Patrick Beverley and Jeremy Lin

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Solefade
05-15-2014, 07:18 PM
is this the same guy that got punched in the nuts by batum?

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 07:18 PM
is this the same guy that got punched in the nuts by batum?
Nah, that was Navarro :lol

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
All I am going to say is Patrick Beverley and Jeremy Lin

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How many titles did Pat Beverley won in Europe? :lol

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 07:31 PM
No title since 95.

I'm saying right now. Isn't Real, arguably the best team in Europe right now?

Oly BC
05-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Let me think about it and I'll answer tomorrow night.

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Let me think about it and I'll answer tomorrow night.

ahah that's not fair, for me they're the two best teams in Europe right now :lol

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 07:42 PM
ahah that's not fair, for me they're the two best teams in Europe right now :lol
True. Barcelona has the momentum also. I can't wait for the game to start man

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 08:06 PM
True. Barcelona has the momentum also. I can't wait for the game to start man

I'm going to miss the game because i play at the same time, it sucks :facepalm

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm going to miss the game because i play at the same time, it sucks :facepalm
Oops, extremely unlikely that you can make it all the way home without overhearing the result in that kind of environment :lol

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 08:09 PM
Oops, extremely unlikely that you can make it all the way home without overhearing the result in that kind of environment :lol

Totally unlikely, especially since most of my team mates root for Barcelona. :lol

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 08:53 PM

While this is true, Rudy's horrible character and horrible lack of sportsmanship has cost him with the voters. Because he deserved it and not Sergio.

Sergio was terrible in the playoffs, and he plays zero defense all year long. Rudy is by far and away Real Madrid's best player. He did not win the award because of his horrible character.

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 08:54 PM

5 points and 3 assists in Euroleague = "the next Steve Nash and the next Pete Maravich" in the NBA.

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 08:58 PM

I have only explained about 500 times in this forum that there are no such things as starters and bench in Euroleague as it relates to your main rotation players. I have explained it to you personalty at least 15 times.

And here you go AGAIN pretending like you know nothing about it.

MEGA TROLL

:facepalm :rolleyes:

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 09:00 PM

Be careful. When I pointed out here that Beverley was Olympiacos' third string point guard, I was ruthlessly and viciously attacked by guys like Rooster, CavsFTW, Dr.J4ever, gabepizza, SmookA, etc......

and then I got banned for 3 days.

Yeah, Patrick freaking Beverley, the THIRD string point guard of Olympiacos, was according to these same clowns, a "dominant player in the Euroleague".

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 09:04 PM

Arguably - yes. If they win Euroleague. But, they only beat Olympiacos because they were ravaged with injuries, and they would have lost 3-1 otherwise. They barely won game 2, and that was against an Olympiacos team that was just wrecked with injuries.

Give them credit if they win (they got Spanish Cup already and looks like they can get Spanish League too), but the truth is, they would never have won that playoff series against Olympiacos if not for all those injuries.

So arguably, yes, if they win Euroleague. But in reality, no.

Dr.J4ever
05-15-2014, 09:39 PM
Arguably - yes. If they win Euroleague. But, they only beat Olympiacos because they were ravaged with injuries, and they would have lost 3-1 otherwise. They barely won game 2, and that was against an Olympiacos team that was just wrecked with injuries.

Give them credit if they win (they got Spanish Cup already and looks like they can get Spanish League too), but the truth is, they would never have won that playoff series against Olympiacos if not for all those injuries.

So arguably, yes, if they win Euroleague. But in reality, no.

So Olympiacos was JUST injured, this is why they lost. Another excuse. Why am I not surprised.

If Real wins, they are still not Europe's best team because they still have to win the very tough Spanish League. Remember Olympiacos won the EL Title last year, but lost the Greek League. Panathanaikos was the best team last year since they beat the EL winner, Olympiacos.

One more thing---this Rudy vs Sergio thing is extremely funny for NBA fans and this confirms the average NBA fans worst bias about Euro ball. How can Rudy or Sergio be MVPs?...whew:lol

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 09:51 PM
So Olympiacos was JUST injured, this is why they lost. Another excuse. Why am I not surprised.

If Real wins, they are still not Europe's best team because they still have to win the very tough Spanish League. Remember Olympiacos won the EL Title last year, but lost the Greek League. Panathanaikos was the best team last year since they beat the EL winner, Olympiacos.

One more thing---this Rudy vs Sergio thing is extremely funny for NBA fans and this confirms the average NBA fans worst bias about Euro ball. How can Rudy or Sergio be MVPs?...whew:lol

You are an unbelievable CLOWN.

If the Miami Heat were missing 4 starters, and LeBron was playing with a bad injury, I am sure you would claim that when they then lost a series it was "legit and not due to injuries".

I am sure if the Spurs lost a series with Parker playing hurt, Duncan out, Manu out, Leonard out, Splitter out....you would say they lost "legit and not due to injuries".

Olympiacos was injured to 4 of their main position players, plus their leader, Spanoulis, was playing with an injury.

You truly are a scumbag.

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 09:51 PM

How can ex NBA players that played a lot more time then both of them not win the MVP?

Marlo_Stanfield
05-15-2014, 09:57 PM
lol didnt beverley only play eurocup??
hes a scrub in europe and nba
9 ppg on 40% FG with NO defensive attention:roll: :roll:

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 10:00 PM

19 games played - 2.7 ppg in Euroleague.

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 10:09 PM
How can ex NBA players that played a lot more time then both of them not win the MVP?

Remember Maga, that Dr.J4ever only has an IQ of 60. He's not mentally capable of grasping the simplest of concepts like these.

I've pointed out hundreds of times here the dozens upon dozens upon dozens of NBA rotation players/6th men/starters that were complete SCRUBS in the Euroleague and all he can do is say,

"You are a LIAR".

Even though I have listed the links to the Euroleague official site with their player profiles and stats, he just says, "you are a liar".

If you keep posting it, then he comes back with stuff like,

"they were only 16 when they played in Euroleague" -false of course

or,

"they did not try because they were playing against Euro scrubs" -does this clown really believe this? Is he REALLY that INSANE?

or,

"the sample size is too small" -an absolute CLASSIC, because as we both know, we have about 10,000 posts here claiming Spanoulis' 200 minutes played in the NBA during garbage time of games "PROVED" he is the "biggest scrub in the history of the world", according to this same clown.

Yeah, HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of NBA rotation players in Euroleague that did NOT win a Euroelague MVP..........................

But the MORON is too freaking STUPID to figure that out. So here he is TROLLING away like the freaking IDIOT that he is.

But no Maga, he won't be able to grasp your point. Because he's TOO DUMB to be able to. I think we both know that, from all the insane posts we have seen from him here in this forum.

Do I need to remind you of that Lamar Odom thread here a couple months back where he GUARANTEED that Lamar Odom would be the Euroleague MVP?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326209

Just read through that thread. Look at how CRAZY and RETARDED these lunatics are. It's the SAME fools of course that are trolling in this thread.

Dr.J4ever
05-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Remember Maga, that Dr.J4ever only has an IQ of 60. He's not mentally capable of grasping the simplest of concepts like these.

I've pointed out hundreds of times here the dozens upon dozens upon dozens of NBA rotation players/6th men/starters that were complete SCRUBS in the Euroleague and all he can do is say,

"You are a LIAR".

Even though I have listed the links to the Euroleague official site with their player profiles and stats, he just says, "you are a liar".

If you keep posting it, then he comes back with stuff like,

"they were only 16 when they played in Euroleague" -false of course

or,

"they did not try because they were playing against Euro scrubs" -does this clown really believe this? Is he REALLY that INSANE?

or,

"the sample size is too small" -an absolute CLASSIC, because as we both know, we have about 10,000 posts here claiming Spanoulis 200 minutes in the NBA "PROVED" he is the "biggest scrub in the history of the world", according to this same clown.

Yeah, HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of NBA rotation players in Euroleague that did NOT win a Euroelague MVP..........................

But the MORON is too freaking STUPID to figure that out. So here is TROLLING away like the freaking IDIOT that he is.

But no Maga, he won't be able to grasp your point. Because he's TOO DUMB to be able to. I think we both know that, from all the insane posts we have seen from here in this forum.

Do I need to remind you of that Lamar Odom thread here a couple months back where he GUARANTEED that Lamar Odom would be the Euroleague MVP?

Just read through that thread. Look at how CRAZY and RETARDED these lunatics are. It's the SAME fools of course that are trolling in this thread.
LOL...I never said ANY of those things you supposedly quoted me on..Meanwhile, Olympiacos did lose to Panathanaikos last year..Fact:roll:

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 10:19 PM

He played in Eurocup after he didn't really cut it in Euroleague with Olympiacos. He started off in Euroleague with Olympiacos. But he only managed to be their 3rd string point guard.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=001927&seasoncode=E2009

So then he had to move to Eurocup (the level below Euroleague) to get more playing time.

Of course, according to these same clown trolls here, CavsFTW, SmookA, gabepizza, Rooster, Dr.J4ever, nick young, all the usual same morons, Beverley "dominated and destroyed" Euroleague and was the MVP there, the leading scorer there, won the championship there, etc.

All the same endless BULLSHIT.

The hilarious thing though is that the third string point guard in Olympiacos = the starting point guard in the Houston Rockets.

Never once though do you see this mentioned here in all of this TROLLING and LYING about the Euroleague that these creeps do here in this forum. And if you mention it, they just LIE and say, it did not happen and you are lying about it.

So funny, we see a MILLION times that Spanoulis was on the bench in Houston and playing in Olympiacos here, but NEVER do they mention how Beverley is starting in Houston, but was on the bench in Olympiacos. And if you bring it up, they just claim you are lying.

These NBA only fans are truly nuts.

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 10:26 PM
LOL...I never said ANY of those things you supposedly quoted me on

Every one of the Euroleague fans here can read through that Lamar Odom thread I posted and see that you and the other NBA only fan clowns were saying Odom would dominate the Euroleague, be the MVP, hell, some of you were claiming he would be the greatest player the Euroleague had ever seen.

Dr.J4ever
05-15-2014, 10:28 PM
He played in Eurocup after he didn't really cut in Euroleague with Olympiacos. He started off in Euroleague with Olympiacos. But he only managed to be their 3rd string point guard.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=001927&seasoncode=E2009

So then he had to move to Eurocup (the level below Euroleague) to get more playing time.

Of course, according to these same clown trolls here, CavsFTW, SmookA, gabepizza, Rooster, DrJ.$ever, nick young, all the usual same morons, Beverley "dominated and destroyed" Euroleague and was the MVP there, the leading scorer there, won the championship there, etc.

All the same endless BULLSHIT.

The hilarious thing though is that third string point guard in Olympiacos = starting point guard in the Houston Rockets.

Never once though do you see this mentioned here in all of this TROLLING and LYING about the Euroleague that these creeps do here in this forum. And if you mention it, they just LIE and say, it did not happen and you are lying about it.

So funny, we see a MILLION times that Spanoulis was on the bench in Houston and playing in Olympiacos here, but NEVER do they mention how Beverley is starting in Houston, but was on the bench in Olympiacos. And if bring it up, they just claim you are lying.

These NBA only fans are truly nuts.
Patrick Beverly is a role player in the NBA. Nothing more. So what if he was on the Olympiacos bench? It's not like he's a superstar in the NBA, like Vspan is and was in Europe, before going to Houston.

You yourself said being a bench player doesn't matter in Europe. It means nothing. The thread itself is dedicated to EL MVP Segio, who is a bench player.

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Patrick Beverly is a role player in the NBA. Nothing more. So what if he was on the Olympiacos bench? It's not like he's a superstar in the NBA, like Vspan is and was in Europe, before going to Houston.

You yourself said being a bench player doesn't matter in Europe. It means nothing. The thread itself is dedicated to EL MVP Segio, who is a bench player.

I'm not defending EL, but you must be stupid.
It's one thing to be a bench player and score 2.7ppg on 9mpg and be a bench player who played 21min per game and was top 5 in several categories.

Dr.J4ever
05-15-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm not defending EL, but you must be stupid.
It's one thing to be a bench player and score 2.7ppg on 9mpg and be a bench player who played 21min per game and was top 5 in several categories.

Of course it's different, but I was talking about EL saying a "bench player". On it's own, a "bench player" means nothing in Europe. Sergio comes off the bench, and wins EL MVP. That's all I'm saying.

He was comparing Vspan and Beverly(Eurocup MVP), and that's what I was focusing on. The Beverly situation isn't really comparable, since he's not a superstar in the NBA, but just a role player. Vspan was a superstar in Europe and flopped in the NBA. He is still a superstar now. Those facts alone mean MORE than anything else in this thread. That should already settle things in everybody's mind.

But no, you look at all my statements, and try to break it down tit for tat. You're not defending EL, but you can't seem to find fault with his everyday BS in this forum.

This shows where you stand.

Maga_1
05-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Of course it's different, but I was talking about EL saying a "bench player". On it's own, a "bench player" means nothing in Europe. Sergio comes off the bench, and wins EL MVP. That's all I'm saying.

He was comparing Vspan and Beverly(Eurocup MVP), and that's what I was focusing on. The Beverly situation isn't really comparable, since he's not a superstar in the NBA, but just a role player. Vspan was a superstar in Europe and flopped in the NBA. He is still a superstar now. Those facts alone mean MORE than anything else in this thread. That should already settle things in everybody's mind.

But no, you look at all my statements, and try to break it down tit for tat. You're not defending EL, but you can't seem to find fault with his everyday BS in this forum.

This shows where you stand.

Did you (like in last year from now) saw me answering to his statements?! One single post? I don't think so. I try to stay out of those talks if you can see.

I couldn't care less if someone troll him, i know that (80% of the times) i will not have a true and good answer for most of the people that post here because they are trying to bash EL (the poster).

Euroleague
05-15-2014, 11:56 PM

That's not what I said LIAR. I said there is no difference really between being one of the main rotation players, starting or coming from the bench.

I didn't say there is no difference from being one of the main point guards and being the third point guard from the bench.

LIAR.