PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle and Aaron Gordon measured at Draft Combine...

Cocaine80s
05-15-2014, 03:07 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2014&source=All&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

Randle is 6'7.75", and Gordon is 6'7.5" without shoes.

kinda dissapointed tbh. they both have 7 foot or near 7 foot wingspans though

AnaheimLakers24
05-15-2014, 03:08 PM
randle stock fell by 20.

Andrei89
05-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Wow , that is disappointing. I thought Randle is at least 6 foot 9.

imdaman99
05-15-2014, 03:10 PM
So Randle is a shorter version of ZBo? Hmmm

Wavves
05-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Wow , that is disappointing. I thought Randle is at least 6 foot 9.
He is 6"9...

Bob Dole
05-15-2014, 03:13 PM
You idiots.

They'll be listed as 6'9 because NBA heights are with shoes on. Thats plenty big enough to play PF, especially with their wingspans.

For reference, Kobe isnt even 6'5 without shoes. He's like 6'4 3/4

Fudge
05-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Randle IS 6'9" then, numb nuts.

Cocaine80s
05-15-2014, 03:15 PM
You idiots.

They'll be listed as 6'9 because NBA heights are with shoes on. Thats plenty big enough to play PF, especially with their wingspans.

For reference, Kobe isnt even 6'5 without shoes. He's like 6'4 3/4
i had a feeling randle was gonna measure out at 6'10. thats what they measured at the lebron summer camp. so im kinda dissapointed hes shorter than i thought

russwest0
05-15-2014, 03:20 PM
So both Julius Randle and KD are 6'9 eh? :roll: :roll: :roll:

DuMa
05-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Height doesnt matter as much as Wingspan. nonissue if they both can play

russwest0
05-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Height doesnt matter as much as Wingspan. nonissue if they both can play

They both matter a bunch but a 7'0 wingspan isn't anything too special for a 6'7 player that is going to go by a height of 6'9

Cocaine80s
05-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Oh shit i just found Marcus Smart. He's 6'3.25" with shoes. thought hed be atleast 6'4

Rocketswin2013
05-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Height matters just as much as wingspan.

Standing reach is a combo of both and is the ultimate length guide.

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 03:31 PM
That's my issue with Randle.

People compare him to supposedly similar players like Randolph and Brand but those 2 have a wingspan 4-5 inches larger. I really don't see how he is going to make up for that difference, he is not that fast or athletic.

AnaheimLakers24
05-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Oh shit i just found Marcus Smart. He's 6'3.25" with shoes. thought hed be atleast 6'4
this the dude everyone is riding from aussie? if so lakers better pass up on this shrimp dick. dont need midgets that cant play sg or midgets in general.

GimmeThat
05-15-2014, 03:34 PM
randle stock fell by 20.

pretty much.
he's lost the potential "franchise player" tag, but still remain a legitimate 3rd option on contending team. unless he pans out exponentially well the way Harden did.

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 03:37 PM
pretty much.
he's lost the potential "franchise player" tag, but still remain a legitimate 3rd option on contending team. unless he pans out exponentially well the way Harden did.
Harden's measurements were pretty good IIRC, he just had to put in a lot of work on his body the first couple of years before he was able to use his slashing.

russwest0
05-15-2014, 03:38 PM
pretty much.

Harden was a completely different player.

6'5 with a 6'11 wingspan. Basically the prototype for a SG.

Randle is now nowhere near the prototype for any position.

S13M
05-15-2014, 03:45 PM
this the dude everyone is riding from aussie? if so lakers better pass up on this shrimp dick. dont need midgets that cant play sg or midgets in general.

Nah, that's Dante Exum who measured 6'4.5" w/o shoes and 6'6" with shoes also 6'9.5 wingspan which is pretty good for a guard.

GimmeThat
05-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Harden was a completely different player.

6'5 with a 6'11 wingspan. Basically the prototype for a SG.

Randle is now nowhere near the prototype for any position.

Harden wasn't, and still isn't very athletic

If Randle isn't even athletic, then you are correct and I was wrong on my post.

AnaheimLakers24
05-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Nah, that's Dante Exum who measured 6'4.5" w/o shoes and 6'6" with shoes also 6'9.5 wingspan which is pretty good for a guard.
:cheers: thank god. got scared for a second

russwest0
05-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Harden wasn't, and still isn't very athletic

If Randle isn't even athletic, then you are correct and I was wrong on my post.

Harden is absolutely athletic. Not LeBron/Westbrook tier but I certainly wouldn't call athleticism a weak part of his game.

aburre21
05-15-2014, 04:08 PM

People compare him to supposedly similar players like Randolph and Brand but those 2 have a wingspan 4-5 inches larger. I really don't see how he is going to make up for that difference, he is not that fast or athletic.

what? dude is plenty athletic. I'm sure if he walked around at 219 like Gordon he'd look more athletic but he definitely has hops

GimmeThat
05-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Harden is absolutely athletic. Not LeBron/Westbrook tier but I certainly wouldn't call athleticism a weak part of his game.

I guess he just chokes in the playoffs, and have the mental toughness of a cry baby.

hawksdogsbraves
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
I think Randle will be more like Millsap than ZBo. He'll play with lot of energy, average something like 18/8 50%fg and solid defense. Fringe All-Star and a legitimate third option on a championship team.

BlackVVaves
05-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Don't know why anyone's surprised at Gordon's measurables, I had him pegged at 6'6 to be honest.

Randle's height is a bit of a surprise though. Was expecting 6'8 flat without shoes.

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 04:23 PM
what? dude is plenty athletic. I'm sure if he walked around at 219 like Gordon he'd look more athletic but he definitely has hops
He needs to be at Blake's level of athleticism to make up for his lenght and he is not nearly there.

There is more to ahtleticism than 'having hops'

Clyde
05-15-2014, 04:30 PM
:facepalm

JimmyMcAdocious
05-15-2014, 04:41 PM

And he relies on bullying his way, but without the offensive versatility (of say a Barkley) or some freakish ability that Blake (athleticism) or Zbo (lower body strength and touch) have.

He also badly needs a counter to his spin move. It's so predictable. I have seen a point guard completely take Randle out of the game before. All he did was anticipate his spin move every time and drew like 3 charges on that alone.

Randle is a good prospect. I just would put him below the top tier and I don't think he has a higher ceiling than... Well, Aaron Gordon and some other tier 2 players.

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 04:48 PM
And he relies on bullying his way, but without the offensive versatility (of say a Barkley) or some freakish ability that Blake (athleticism) or Zbo (lower body strength and touch) have.

He also badly needs a counter to his spin move. It's so predictable. I have seen a point guard completely take Randle out of the game before. All he did was anticipate his spin move every time and drew like 3 charges on that alone.

Randle is a good prospect. I just would put him below the top tier and I don't think he has a higher ceiling than... Well, Aaron Gordon.
I agree with that. I wouldn't worry about his lack of counter yet but he needs to make it one of his priorities.

It worries me that he relies on his strength so much, makes it difficult to figure out how he will be effective at the next level. I have him going 5-7, depending on the final order, and I have not come across anybody who has him any lower than that so I guess the talent is there.

aburre21
05-15-2014, 05:01 PM
He needs to be at Blake's level of athleticism to make up for his lenght and he is not nearly there.

There is more to ahtleticism than 'having hops'

he has quick feet...i mean, he's pretty nimble and should be easily able to beat PFs off the dribble...and he's strong. If Blake is able to bully people in the paint he should as well

Cocaine80s
05-15-2014, 05:06 PM
he has quick feet...i mean, he's pretty nimble and should be easily able to beat PFs off the dribble...and he's strong. If Blake is able to bully people in the paint he should as well
He'll get raped by long PFs like Ibaka

Brizzly
05-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Don't know why anyone's surprised at Gordon's measurables, I had him pegged at 6'6 to be honest.

Randle's height is a bit of a surprise though. Was expecting 6'8 flat without shoes.

Oh you were expecting him to be a quarter of an inch taller? well that certainly woudave changed shit.

btw he has almost identical measurements as K Love.

Kevin Love

6' 7.75" w/o shoes
6' 9.5" w/ shoes
8' 10" standing reach
6' 11.25" wingspan
255 lbs

JRandle
6' 7.75" w/ shoes
6' 9" w/o w/o shoes
8' 9.5" standing reach
7' 0" wingspan

Almost identical but from what I have seen from Randle he doesn't seem as strong as Love but more athletic.

No need to worry about his measurements, i think hell be fine..

Cocaine80s
05-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Oh you were expecting him to be a quarter of an inch taller? well that certainly woudave changed shit.

Kevin Love

6' 7.75" w/o shoes
6' 9.5" w/ shoes
8' 10" standing reach
6' 11.25" wingspan
255 lbs

JRandle
6' 7.75" w/ shoes
6' 9" w/o w/o shoes
8' 9.5" standing reach
7' 0" wingspan

Almost identical but from what I have seen from Randle he doesn't seem as strong as Love but more athletic.

kevin love is miles ahead as a shooter and passer though. Do you see Randle improving his game like Love? Im not really a fan of his jumpshot.

Randle is definitely as strong as Love though, he is a monster

steve
05-15-2014, 05:17 PM

Kevin Love

6' 7.75" w/o shoes
6' 9.5" w/ shoes
8' 10" standing reach
6' 11.25" wingspan
255 lbs

JRandle
6' 7.75" w/ shoes
6' 9" w/o w/o shoes
8' 9.5" standing reach
7' 0" wingspan

I think the bigger issue with Randle isn't his height measurables, despite what people here inferring those are fine for a 4. I'm a little more worried about Randle's hand size which are small and could effect his face up game a good bit.

Brizzly
05-15-2014, 05:21 PM
kevin love is miles ahead as a shooter and passer though. Do you see Randle improving his game like Love? Im not really a fan of his jumpshot.

Randle is definitely as strong as Love though, he is a monster

I am not saying he is or will be as good as Kevin Love but people seem to believe every pf is 6'11 with a 7'6 wingspan. If there is anything to be worried about it is his game and not his size. His measurements is not the least bit worrying.

Another player with similar measurements is Blake Griffin

6'8.5" w/o shoes
6' 10 w/ s
248 lbs
6' 11.25" wingspan
8' 9" standing reach

TheTruth11
05-15-2014, 08:09 PM
#1 player Jahlil Okafor with a monstrous 7'5" wingspan :eek:

Basketbolero
05-15-2014, 08:11 PM
#1 player Jahlil Okafor with a monstrous 7'5" wingspan :eek:
I'm on the bandwagon already. Earlier in the season I was hoping the Bulls would rebuild and try to get one of Jabari and Jahlil (preferably the latter).

Traded that chance for a 1st round exit on 5 games to the Wizards :lol

SwishSquared
05-15-2014, 09:27 PM
I watched more of Randle than Gordon this year and the one thing that concerned me with Randle is that in college he struggled near the basket to finish against traffic & length. That will only increase in difficulty next season. I do think he will develop a nice touch close to the basket and can work on his J so that it will be more reliable. I like one poster's thinking that he can play like Millsap- I never considered that comparison. Certainly has the strength to compete and he is a pretty good athlete. He'll either be a nice 3rd option or completely bust for a team. Tough decision to make on him.

From what some people told me, I thought Gordon would have a massive wingspan. I know he some people are comparing him to a young Marion, but doesn't Marion have a bigger wingspan? What position do you think Gordon will play?

oarabbus
05-15-2014, 09:53 PM
So he would be a franchise player as a legit 6'9" but since he was measured at 6'7.75" he aint sh1t?

:biggums:

TheTruth11
05-15-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm on the bandwagon already. Earlier in the season I was hoping the Bulls would rebuild and try to get one of Jabari and Jahlil (preferably the latter).

Traded that chance for a 1st round exit on 5 games to the Wizards :lol

Yea Thibs, Joakim and those boys... you gotta luv em... they only know one speed and that's all out... but they really should have tanked becuz everyone knew they were going nowhere. I would love to see Jahlil or Jabari somehow wind up with the Bulls (stranger things have happened) but realistically it would take a major trade (Boozer? and a draft pick?) and a minor miracle. Long story short, it ain't happenin. :(

UK2K
05-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Wasn't be 6'7" 3/4?

Why is the general consensus that hes 6'7"? Wouldnt that make him 6'8" if you want to round?

UK2K
05-15-2014, 11:20 PM
I watched more of Randle than Gordon this year and the one thing that concerned me with Randle is that in college he struggled near the basket to finish against traffic & length. That will only increase in difficulty next season. I do think he will develop a nice touch close to the basket and can work on his J so that it will be more reliable. I like one poster's thinking that he can play like Millsap- I never considered that comparison. Certainly has the strength to compete and he is a pretty good athlete. He'll either be a nice 3rd option or completely bust for a team. Tough decision to make on him.

From what some people told me, I thought Gordon would have a massive wingspan. I know he some people are comparing him to a young Marion, but doesn't Marion have a bigger wingspan? What position do you think Gordon will play?
I watched every UK game and if Randle has one strength its finishing around the rim...

What games did you watch? The dude was an And 1 waiting to happen on every play. Hes super strong and athletic.

If anything his lack of range is the issue. Offensive rebounds and putbacks were his bread and butter.

NuggetsFan
05-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Height with shoes is the only thing that matters, nobody plays barefoot. Good wingspan and reach are obviously important too and and can help overcome a smaller frame.

6'9 tweener forwards are pretty risky tho, wonder how much Randle drops.

jamal99
05-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Nikola Jokic from Serbia had the 5th highest reach at 9'3. This guy could end up being a huge steal, he's projected at 44, but he's only 19 and new to the game (started playing few years ago afaik). I see him him as Marc Gasol type player, he has great feeling for passes and vision, needs to improve accuracy and decision making a bit tho. He can even shoot 3's, not at a good % yet, but he's showing range...