PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Fans: 1994 team w/ peak MJ or peak Pippen

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Who goes further? As we know BJ, and Horace had the confidence to finally elevate their game to become all stars that season. Then you had significant help coming off the bench with the talented rookie Toni Kukoc, who could score.

This was the PEAK of Pippen's physical, and skill abilities.

MJ's peak was in 1991. At 28 years old. Same age Pippen was that season. Put him on the '94 Bulls in place of Pippen. Do they beat the Knicks?

Does MJ pull himself from the game and cry if PJ asks him to play decoy? How far do they get ...

G - BJ Armstrong / John Paxson / Steve Kerr
G - Michael Jordan / Jo Jo English
F - Toni Kukoc / Pete Meyers
F - Horace Grant / Scott Williams
C - Bill Cartwright / Luc Longely / Bill Wennington

I think our defense gets slightly worse due to not having Pippen's versatility, but I think they fare much better with MJ's vastly superior half court volume scoring. Which ultimately is more important in the playoffs than regular season.

Kblaze8855
05-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Never understood some Bulls fans need to diminish Pippen at every turn. Pippen being great in no way brings Jordan down to anyone but idiots.

Roundball_Rock
05-15-2014, 08:24 PM
MJ.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Never understood some Bulls fans need to diminish Pippen at every turn. Pippen being great in no way brings Jordan down to anyone but idiots.
That's not what I'm attemption to do. Don't assume. I'm just asking a very simple question. It's obvious Jordan is miles better than Pippen. No one needs to defend that. It's a universally accepted fact.

Roundball_Rock
05-15-2014, 08:40 PM
It's obvious Jordan is miles better than Pippen. No one needs to defend that. It's a universally accepted fact.

Pippen in his prime was a top 3-5 player; MJ is top 3-5 all-time.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Agreed. That's a MONUMENTAL difference though.

Pippen was top five in '94, '95, and '96. A three year stretch. For comparison sake, D-Wade was top five: 2k6, 2k9, 2k10, and 2k11.

Peak Pippen was a beast, a do it all monster. He just didn't have the scoring ability to be a truly MJ, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, even Drexler level of impact.

At the end of the day scoring is still the most important factor of the game. He was one of the many nice mini MJ clones. He was MJ's Robin / Nightwing.

But it speaks volumes that with talented rosters like the '94 Bulls, '99 Rockets, 2000 Blazers, and 2001 Blazers he didn't have that ability to play a niche, and score or close games out for his teams.

BlkMambaGOAT
05-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Agreed. That's a MONUMENTAL difference though.

Pippen was top five in '94, '95, and '96. A three year stretch. For comparison sake, D-Wade was top five: 2k6, 2k9, 2k10, and 2k11.

Peak Pippen was a beast, a do it all monster. He just didn't have the scoring ability to be a truly MJ, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, even Drexler level of impact.

At the end of the day scoring is still the most important factor of the game. He was one of the many nice mini MJ clones. He was MJ's Robin / Nightwing.

But it speaks volumes that with talented rosters like the '94 Bulls, '99 Rockets, 2000 Blazers, and 2001 Blazers he didn't have that ability to play a niche, and score or close games out for his teams.
:rockon:

Ain't no shame in being a Nightwing/Robin.

Seriously.:applause:

jstern
05-15-2014, 09:03 PM

Was he really 3 to 5 player in the league?

Pippen seriously did not have that fame back then. I think he was underrated back then, because he was in Jordan's shadow, but he's been severely overrated in this era.

I mean 3 to 5 in the league? There were just to many franchise and stars players.

Kblaze8855
05-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Not what youre attempting to do? You are going ot argue against Pippen for 160 posts if people bite and get into it with you.

How is it people who say the same things over and over for years keep pretending its by chance they always fall on one side of an argument?

You are against Pippen virtually every time I see you type his name. I think I saw it in another topic today.

There was no doubt in the minds of anyone who knows your history that you would take an anti pippen stance.

Jordan is bigger than the team to some so his teammates must be diminished for his sake...as if he needs the help.

Just doesnt make sense to me.

Roundball_Rock
05-15-2014, 09:08 PM
You underrate Pippen's defensive dominance. He is the only perimeter player to ever lead the league in defensive rating. Prime Pippen gave you 19-22 ppg, 8-9 boards from the SF position (his rebounding understandably dipped when Rodman joined so I am talking pre-Rodman) and a good number of assists. Pippen at 20 ppg impacted the game more than, say, Carmelo today does at 28 ppg.

But it speaks volumes that with talented rosters like the '94 Bulls, '99 Rockets, 2000 Blazers, and 2001 Blazers

Pippen suffered a back injury in the 98' Finals that robbed him of most of his athleticism. He was 33 by 1999 and had plenty of mileage with 6 Finals runs, 8 runs to the conference finals and 2 Olympics. Prime Pippen on the 2000 Blazers wins a championship.

He just didn't have the scoring ability to be a truly MJ, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, even Drexler level of impact.

If you are honest to yourself, even taking away rings, his personal accolades are similar to Wade and Drexler.

All-time MVP shares

40. Dwyane Wade 0.793
41. Clyde Drexler* 0.778
42. Scottie Pippen* 0.716

Pippen actually has more all-NBA first teams than Wade and Drexler (3 versus 2 for Wade and 1 for Drexler). All three players have two top 5 MVP finishes, with only strong MVP campaign (94' for Pippen, 92' for Drexler and 09' for Wade).

Pippen was top 5 in 97' too and played at a similar level in 98' but it is hard to say since he missed half the season. He was close to, but not, top 5 in 92' as well, putting up 21/8/7 while providing elite defense.

I mean 3 to 5 in the league? There were just to many franchise and stars players.

He was 1st, 3rd, 2nd in all-NBA voting along with being 1st in all-Defensive voting 4 years in a row during his best years. He got more all-NBA first team votes than Karl Malone in 1994 and 1996, for instance, and was right behind him in 1995.

Pippen seriously did not have that fame back then.

After Jordan and Shaq, Pippen probably was/is the most popular 90's player.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Not what youre attempting to do? You are going ot argue against Pippen for 160 posts if people bite and get into it with you.

How is it people who say the same things over and over for years keep pretending its by chance they always fall on one side of an argument?

You are against Pippen virtually every time I see you type his name. I think I saw it in another topic today.

There was no doubt in the minds of anyone who knows your history that you would take an anti pippen stance.

Jordan is bigger than the team to some so his teammates must be diminished for his sake...as if he needs the help.

Just doesnt make sense to me.
KBlaze,

Why do you have trouble condensing your thoughts into quick statements? Does everything need to be a long winded essay?

:oldlol:

And my history, when have I ever been "anti Pippen"? I've routinely said he's one of the best supplimental players of all-time. A top five player for a three year run. That's just truth.

Where's your critique of someone like say Roundball Rock who routinely throws shade at his "favorite franchises" greatest player of all-time, and not coincidentally, the best player to ever lace them up?

Call that dude out. I'm just calling Pippen for what he is ... I'm not overrating, or underrating.

rlsmooth775
05-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Why don't you talk about current bball

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Not only was that Bulls team experienced (came off 3x Finals), but they also acquired Kerr and Kukoc (underrated scorer and playmaker) in the off-season.

With Mike, they beat NY and IND. Houston is a toss up, but MJ was another being in the finals. Shiiit, I wouldn't bet against THAT dude.. :oldlol:

iamgine
05-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Pippen fit that team better. MJ wouldn't work that well.

Angel Face
05-15-2014, 09:39 PM
I honestly think that MJ's peak was during 1993. That's the best version of MJ that I've seen. Physically and mentally. Anyway, Obviously peak MJ would be a better fit. He might push the Bulls into the finals and possibly win another title. Not 100% sure since no one in that Bulls team is on par to replace Pippen's role effectively. But we all know, with Jordan's mindset and ruthlessness the're a chance they 4-peat during that season even without Pippen and for the fact that the Bulls completed their 3-peat a year ago, their confidence could be at all time high and is surrounded by the aura of invincibility.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Pippen fit that team better. MJ wouldn't work that well.
LOL he did more with less talent than that 1994 Bulls team sans Pippen at the old basketball age of 35 in 1998. Dumb, un thought out answer.

Kblaze8855
05-15-2014, 09:47 PM
If you bring up Scottie Pippen or involve yourself in discussion on him its generally to denigrate one of your franchises greats as a roundabout way to prop up Jordan.

Ive been watching people play these coy say it without saying it games too long for topics like this to not stand out. Id have known what this was if anyone posted it. It being you?

I didnt need to open it to know it was you making it Pippen vs Jordan just to argue for Jordan when he needs no defending. Least of all from his teammates.

As I said you are gonna argue against Pippen for 100 posts given the chance. Its obvious what this is. A bulls fan hating on Scottie Pippen for the sake of propping up Jordan. Just own it. No need to bullshit about it.

Not like its rare.

f0und
05-15-2014, 09:49 PM
pippen was a great all around player, but he was never a top 3-5 player. during his prime, he had to compete with the dream, drob, mourning, shaq, penny, barkley, just to name a few.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 09:49 PM
If you bring up Scottie Pippen or involve yourself in discussion on him its generally to denigrate one of your franchises greats as a roundabout way to prop up Jordan.
What's Roundball Rock doing?

Straight_Ballin
05-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Even if Pippen were to have outdone MJ, it would have been nothing more than ADDING to MJ's great legacy for making Pippen so damn good due to all the hours at the "breakfast club" where he personally trained Pippen to be a 2-way assassin on both DEF and OFF.

Roundball_Rock
05-15-2014, 09:54 PM
pippen was a great all around player, but he was never a top 3-5 player. during his prime, he had to compete with the dream, drob, mourning, shaq, penny, barkley, just to name a few.

:biggums:

Penny was a rookie in 1994. Barkley declined due to injuries after 1993. Shaq was a second year player in 1994, as was Mourning. You are throwing out names without context. Pippen was definitely top 5 from 1994-1996 and arguably in 97', 98' and close in 92'. We aren't comparing him to Barkley overall but rather 1994-1997 Barkley or 1994-1997 Mourning, not 1999-2000 Zo'.

Pippen is comparable to Wade today, who were both top 5 for about the same time and had one legitimate MVP run.

MJ's great legacy for making Pippen so damn good

Why can't he do that with Bobcat players and before that his Wizards? :lol

Kblaze8855
05-15-2014, 09:55 PM
I dont even know who that is.

I know ive seen the name in some Bulls related topics. Thats about it. It takes a long time before I even remember a name. You have been hating in plain sight since some black guy somewhere on earth told you Ben Gordon was better than Kirk and you went on a crusade hating on another Bull for years. So I know you.

Not that it matters.

75% of bullshit topics on the internet are people clowining because they feel someone else doing the same justifies an opposing response even if it just means twice the garbage.

For the record...as a concept there is nothing wrong with the discussion of Jordan on the 94 Bulls.

Just rubs me the wrong way seeing a Bulls fan I can tell is hating on a Bulls legend....just because of who it is.

That shit bothers me no matter what team it is. Laker fans hating on George Mikan, Shaq, and Jerry West to prop up Kobe?

Real "So its come to this...." moment reading such topics.

iamgine
05-15-2014, 09:57 PM
LOL he did more with less talent than that 1994 Bulls team sans Pippen at the old basketball age of 35 in 1998. Dumb, un thought out answer.
That's cause '98 team fit him better.

f0und
05-15-2014, 09:58 PM
not trying to bag on pippen but that 94 season has become very overrated. every year, an unexpected team overachieves. the 94 bulls was that team. pippen and the entire organization had something to prove and they used it to put together a hell of a season. the next year, they were battling for the 5th spot in the east. that was the more realistic outcome.

Roundball_Rock
05-15-2014, 09:59 PM
not trying to bag on pippen but that 94 season has become very overrated. every year, an unexpected team overachieves. the 94 bulls was that team. pippen and the entire organization had something to prove and they used it to put together a hell of a season. the next year, they were battling for the 5th spot in the east. that was the more realistic outcome.

That was after Horace Grant's 15/11 and defense left...Had Grant not left for Orlando the 95' Bulls would have been contending for the top seed again.

Ball So Harden
05-15-2014, 10:00 PM
I can't think of a full game situation where I would prefer Pippen over Jordan.

j3lademaster
05-15-2014, 10:01 PM
pippen was a great all around player, but he was never a top 3-5 player. during his prime, he had to compete with the dream, drob, mourning, shaq, penny, barkley, just to name a few.And who of those guys would you have taken over Pipp? For me I would only take Shaq, Hakeem, David Robinson, and maybe Ewing (and only because I have a big-man bias).

Barkley was a more dominant scorer and rebounder, but he never had the leadership intangibles Pippen did and was an average defender. I wouldn't be mad if you think Barkley was better, though- it was definitely close.

Honestly it's close. Pippen equated to more wins in the regular season; the players enjoyed playing with him more. However peak MJ would give you a better shot at contending. Edge to MJ, but not as big of a margin as most people try to make it out to be.

j3lademaster
05-15-2014, 10:01 PM
not trying to bag on pippen but that 94 season has become very overrated. every year, an unexpected team overachieves. the 94 bulls was that team. pippen and the entire organization had something to prove and they used it to put together a hell of a season. the next year, they were battling for the 5th spot in the east. that was the more realistic outcome.That's actually a very good point.

97 bulls
05-15-2014, 10:05 PM
I honestly don't see a difference. The 94 Bulls were basically the 98 Bulls for the first half of the season without Pippen. The difference was Rodman and Grant at PF, Kukoc as a rookie in 94 vs Kukoc as a four year vet with two championships, and a sixthman award under his belt. And their replacements. Pete Myers and Scott Burrell.

Based on that, I dont see a difference. Id say the Jordan led Bulls would advance to the ECF and the Pippen les Bulls should've advanced had it not been for a bad call.

97 bulls
05-15-2014, 10:06 PM

Ive been watching people play these coy say it without saying it games too long for topics like this to not stand out. Id have known what this was if anyone posted it. It being you?

I didnt need to open it to know it was you making it Pippen vs Jordan just to argue for Jordan when he needs no defending. Least of all from his teammates.

As I said you are gonna argue against Pippen for 100 posts given the chance. Its obvious what this is. A bulls fan hating on Scottie Pippen for the sake of propping up Jordan. Just own it. No need to bullshit about it.

Not like its rare.
Preach Brotha

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Kblaze,

Once again point me exactly to where I'm hating on Scottie Pippen. I'll wait for your long winded reply.

Oh, and FYI YOU'RE the idiot black guy who praised Ben Gordon.

Roundball_Rock
05-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Kblaze,

Once again point me exactly to where I'm hating on Scottie Pippen. I'll wait for your long winded reply.

Oh, and FYI YOU'RE the idiot black guy who praised Ben Gordon.

Damn, so in addition to being a Pippen hater SS is a racist too. :eek:

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 10:20 PM
If you want to make a blanket statement on both accounts. That's your agenda. Certainly wouldn't be the truth.

Kblaze8855
05-15-2014, 10:41 PM
You were upset before we even discussed it. I asked why. You claimed some black guys(Perhaps in a barbershop) were saying it was Ben Gordons team or something along those lines. Though I suppose if you made it up it would explain you not remembering.

And you hating on Pippen doesnt require any explaining. The first thing that popped up looking was you in a topic about Pippens tipping leading you to claim(after I said I tip just because):

let's be honest and keep it real here. You don't tip because you're black.

It's common knowledge you guys don't.

Blacks just don't either understand the etiquette of tipping, are spiteful due to slavery, or straight up have a lack of funds.

Later going on to claim blacks were trashy low class scum.

This is nothing new with you. And if it were it wouldnt take long to work out what you are.

Roundball_Rock
05-15-2014, 10:44 PM
let's be honest and keep it real here. You don't tip because you're black.

It's common knowledge you guys don't.

Blacks just don't either understand the etiquette of tipping, are spiteful due to slavery, or straight up have a lack of funds.

Later going on to claim blacks were trashy low class scum

Wow. :eek: Donald Sterling is a MJ stan? :lol

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 10:46 PM
You were upset before we even discussed it. I asked why. You claimed some black guys(Perhaps in a barbershop) were saying it was Ben Gordons team or something along those lines. Though I suppose if you made it up it would explain you not remembering.
No, I remember. But you were a fellow dumb black guy who claimed it was Ben Gordon's team. And how good he was, which was proven to be completely false. Guy is trash, meanwhile Hinrich is still contributing heavily on both sides of the ball for a playoff team.

And you hating on Pippen doesnt require any explaining. The first thing that popped up looking was you in a topic about Pippens tipping leading you to claim(after I said I tip just because):
What does "No Tippin" Pippen have to do with his on court abilities? So I hate on Pippen the person, not the ball player, correct?

I've said many times the quality of a player Pippen was. One of the best supplimental players ever, the perfect Beta player. Top Five player in '94, '95, and '96. It's not underrating, and it isn't overrating him like: '97bulls, and Roundball_Rock who make the claim he's either better than Magic, etc.

Later going on to claim blacks were trashy low class scum.
In regards to the service industry? They absolutely are ... it's pretty much an accepted truth amongst knowledgable people in the industry. I didn't egregiously make this stuff up.

Kblaze8855
05-15-2014, 10:55 PM
You do know we have gone over this before? Last time I actually found the topic you claimed it in(The whole "black guys said ___ about Kirk and Ben" thing). I believe it was in some topic you were arguing with Gobb over some nonsense. But...whatever. It aaaaaaaaallll started with me.

And what someone is 7 years after a discussion has nothing to do with what they are at the time. Not that id expect you to display much reason.

Anyway....continue with your hate.

Just amazes me you act surprised every single time when attention is called to your various absurdities and racist claims. Every time its as if nobody ever said it to you before....

Short memory.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Anyway....continue with your hate.
Hate for what? Seems like you're all over my mushroom tip.

sdot_thadon
05-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Always seemed that way to me.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Always seemed that way to me.
You've only been here for a year? LOL ...

sdot_thadon
05-15-2014, 11:07 PM
You've only been here for a year? LOL ...

I've been registered for a year. And yes you've made several statements that make it pretty clear what you are.

And on the topic, that was Pippen's team that year. He filled all the necessary holes to keep them successful, Mj would have had to buy into being the primary playmaker again. The real question is would he have been willing to sacrifice shots for the good of the team? Regardless of the answer, Mj needs no proping up his career has done it enough already. Your help is unnecessary.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 11:28 PM
I've been registered for a year. And yes you've made several statements that make it pretty clear what you are.
Oh ... you were just "lurking" before that.

Please, just down up to the fact you're an alternate of someone too cowardly to post on their usual screen name. You barely post here to begin with, yet you spend enough time here to feel like you have a grasp on who I am as a person?

Either you stalk me, or you're flat out lying and you typically post under a different screen name.

You can make any kind of assumption you like about me however, I don't particularly care if you, or anyone else thinks I'm a racist.

97 bulls
05-15-2014, 11:32 PM
I've said many times the quality of a player Pippen was. One of the best supplimental players ever, the perfect Beta player. Top Five player in '94, '95, and '96. It's not underrating, and it isn't overrating him like: '97bulls, and Roundball_Rock who make the claim he's either better than Magic, etc.
Where we disagree is when you say all Pippen could ever be is a supplemental player.

All I've ever stated is that Pippen was a franchise player playing a secondary position. And I do feel that based on what we saw in 94, given 10-12 years of having the best talent in the league around him like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Bryant, etc, hed have an MVP or two and be the best player on at least one championship team.

sdot_thadon
05-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Oh ... you were just "lurking" before that.

Please, just down up to the fact you're an alternate of someone too cowardly to post on their usual screen name. You barely post here to begin with, yet you spend enough time here to feel like you have a grasp on who I am as a person?

Either you stalk me, or you're flat out lying and you typically post under a different screen name.

You can make any kind of assumption you like about me however, I don't particularly care if you, or anyone else thinks I'm a racist.
Actually registration here was closed from time to time. All that alt bullshit is paranoid delusion man, what a waste of time for adults. I've seen your posts in any race related conversations enough to call a thing a thing. And don't flatter yourself buddy, stalking? I'm a Mj fan just like yourself, just like a bunch of posters on this site and am pretty likely to read topics regarding him. The only difference between me and you is I don't need his piece in my mouth to prove I'm a fan.

SamuraiSWISH
05-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Actually registration here was closed from time to time. All that alt bullshit is paranoid delusion man, what a waste of time for adults.
It's not paranoia, it's just credible when someone acts like they know you well ... yet you've barely been a member here.

I'm a Mj fan just like yourself
You're a LeBron stan dude, I've seen you post on occassion. What have you see from my comments that leads you to believe I'm racist?

Oh, and don't regurgitate what KBlaze said, considering what he's mentioning was a conversation or argument we had dating back to like 2006 or 2007.

I want numerous examples that led you to such a strong assumption or defamation of my character.

hitmanyr2k
05-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Who goes further? As we know BJ, and Horace had the confidence to finally elevate their game to become all stars that season. Then you had significant help coming off the bench with the talented rookie Toni Kukoc, who could score.

This was the PEAK of Pippen's physical, and skill abilities.

MJ's peak was in 1991. At 28 years old. Same age Pippen was that season. Put him on the '94 Bulls in place of Pippen. Do they beat the Knicks?

Does MJ pull himself from the game and cry if PJ asks him to play decoy? How far do they get ...

G - BJ Armstrong / John Paxson / Steve Kerr
G - Michael Jordan / Jo Jo English
F - Toni Kukoc / Pete Meyers
F - Horace Grant / Scott Williams
C - Bill Cartwright / Luc Longely / Bill Wennington

I think our defense gets slightly worse due to not having Pippen's versatility, but I think they fare much better with MJ's vastly superior half court volume scoring. Which ultimately is more important in the playoffs than regular season.

Who knows? The Knicks gave the Bulls all they could handle with Jordan and Pippen together in '92 and '93. If you take out either player in any of those years ('92, '93, or '94) I don't think they're beating the Knicks unless you get another star caliber player as a replacement. Pete Myers was probably the worst starting Bulls 2 guard of all-time with Keith Bogans being a close second.

sdot_thadon
05-16-2014, 12:22 AM
It's not paranoia, it's just credible when someone acts like they know you well ... yet you've barely been a member here.

You're a LeBron stan dude, I've seen you post on occassion. What have you see from my comments that leads you to believe I'm racist?

Oh, and don't regurgitate what KBlaze said, considering what he's mentioning was a conversation or argument we had dating back to like 2006 or 2007.

I want numerous examples that led you to such a strong assumption or defamation of my character.
I'm not an anybody "stan", leave that to the children here. I love the game and always have. I mostly post in comparison threads because that's what I prefer. You're not the only racist here and the main thing that comes to mind was the martin/zimmerman threads. I was genuinely shocked to see jordan and lebron "stans" that were basically racists. Worshipping these guys that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire if they saw some of the stuff you post here.

PHILA
05-16-2014, 12:42 AM
MJ stan
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306322

http://i.imgur.com/Oh0zPY7.png

MagnumT/A
05-16-2014, 12:47 AM
You underrate Pippen's defensive dominance. He is the only perimeter player to ever lead the league in defensive rating. Prime Pippen gave you 19-22 ppg, 8-9 boards from the SF position (his rebounding understandably dipped when Rodman joined so I am talking pre-Rodman) and a good number of assists. Pippen at 20 ppg impacted the game more than, say, Carmelo today does at 28 ppg.

Pippen suffered a back injury in the 98' Finals that robbed him of most of his athleticism. He was 33 by 1999 and had plenty of mileage with 6 Finals runs, 8 runs to the conference finals and 2 Olympics. Prime Pippen on the 2000 Blazers wins a championship.

If you are honest to yourself, even taking away rings, his personal accolades are similar to Wade and Drexler.

All-time MVP shares

40. Dwyane Wade 0.793
41. Clyde Drexler* 0.778
42. Scottie Pippen* 0.716

Pippen actually has more all-NBA first teams than Wade and Drexler (3 versus 2 for Wade and 1 for Drexler). All three players have two top 5 MVP finishes, with only strong MVP campaign (94' for Pippen, 92' for Drexler and 09' for Wade).

Pippen was top 5 in 97' too and played at a similar level in 98' but it is hard to say since he missed half the season. He was close to, but not, top 5 in 92' as well, putting up 21/8/7 while providing elite defense.

He was 1st, 3rd, 2nd in all-NBA voting along with being 1st in all-Defensive voting 4 years in a row during his best years. He got more all-NBA first team votes than Karl Malone in 1994 and 1996, for instance, and was right behind him in 1995.

After Jordan and Shaq, Pippen probably was/is the most popular 90's player.

:applause:

KOBE143
05-16-2014, 12:48 AM
Im not a Bulls fan but base on spending 15 mins a day of watching youtube highlights, I can say that peak Pippen has more impact than peak MJ.. 1994 bulls with Pippen were actually a title contender.. They were 1 bad call away from winning the title that season and they were 55 win team, just 2 shy away from their previous season record with MJ.. 1994 Bulls with only MJ, I think the best possible scenario is that bulls team would be 7/8th seed at best or fighting for playoff spot at worst just like the 80s bulls without Pippen.. Their record would be below .500.. Remember Jordan has a losing record without Pippen and a perennial 1st round playoff loser.. When Pippen came to Chicago, thats when they became a contender.. I think Pippen was more important in all the bulls championship runs than MJ, Mike was only their primary scorer.. Pippen versatility and dominance on the defensive side is what makes the Bulls a dynasty..

Before someone get mad at me and think Im a Jordan nut hugger and a Pippen haters, sorry Im just stating facts..

Rocketswin2013
05-16-2014, 01:02 AM
Lol @ a Pippen led team beating Hakeem's Rockets. The series would have likely been close but the Rockets were one of the clutchest teams ever and were destined.