PDA

View Full Version : What's Stopping the Clippers?

AirTupac
05-16-2014, 12:57 AM
One of the deepest benches in the league
2 stars in their prime
One of the best coaches in the game
6th man of the year
Great defensive center

Is Chris Paul destined to be a loser for all his life? Or maybe the franchise is just meant to be trash.

russwest0
05-16-2014, 12:57 AM
dont jinx it asshole :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Magic731
05-16-2014, 12:58 AM
GOAT choker

AirTupac
05-16-2014, 12:58 AM
dont jinx it asshole :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hehehe :pimp:

Trentknicks
05-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Borderline contender is trash?

Lakers fans have too much time on their hands. Dwight dumped you and the Clippers are better, deal with it.

AirTupac
05-16-2014, 01:02 AM

Lakers fans have too much time on their hands. Dwight dumped you and the Clippers are better, deal with it.

Way to completely ignore the topic. Borderline contenders with that type of team? Get out :oldlol:

Magic731
05-16-2014, 01:02 AM

Not good enough. At least Lakers have been to the promised land.

chris02jammers
05-16-2014, 01:07 AM
REFS are stopping them

Connor B
05-16-2014, 01:09 AM
Chris Paul sucks, that's why.

no pun intended
05-16-2014, 01:09 AM
2 stars in their prime
6th man of the year
Great defensive center

Is Chris Paul destined to be a loser for all his life? Or maybe the franchise is just meant to be trash.
Rivers is a product of Thibs.

ThatCoolKid
05-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Connor B is actually right for once. This is on Chris Paul. If he is really a top 5 player like everyone on this site says, he needs to show up when his team needs a leader. He has shit the bed far too many times in this series for anyone to cut him any slack.

AirTupac
05-16-2014, 01:25 AM
Connor B is actually right for once. This is on Chris Paul. If he is really a top 5 player like everyone on this site says, he needs to show up when his team needs a leader. He has shit the bed far too many times in this series for anyone to cut him any slack.

He's clearly not living up to his hype. Overrated :facepalm

toooo
05-16-2014, 01:27 AM
No matter how good CP played this series it was already a second round exit. This shit is rigged so hard for Durant to play Lebron in the finals. It's disgusting.

Fawker
05-16-2014, 01:27 AM
not better than the Thunder

Al Thornton
05-16-2014, 01:28 AM
the saddest human alive

a life of pure cringe

Kiddlovesnets
05-16-2014, 01:28 AM
They just aint that good, the better team wins. Similarly I expect Spurs will beat the Thunder in 6 games.

Al Thornton
05-16-2014, 01:29 AM
not better than the Thunder

they beat the thunder at basketball

very hard to also beat the referees and they almost did it!

The-Legend-24
05-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Chris Paul is stopping them. Choker gon choke.

Even Melo has made it to the conference finals. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Jacks3
05-16-2014, 01:30 AM
lol @ Jordan being a great defensive center. dude is garbage. blowing rotations and getting lost all over the place.

AirTupac
05-16-2014, 01:31 AM
lol @ Jordan being a great defensive center. dude is garbage. blowing rotations and getting lost all over the place.

Not only is your reasoning flawed but its not a very good argument in general. One of the best benches in the league ffs. They have it all.

SCdac
05-16-2014, 01:32 AM
It's a team game and a team loss. But yea I feel like Chris Pauls tendency to create an assist on nearly every play and tendency to score at a high level really conflict with each other. Can he lead a team to a championship as both their best scorer/go to shooter and playmaker? Idk. Griffin is great, but could improve defensively. Their bench was overrated imo. Collison and Crawford aint exactly high basketball iq players.

AirTupac
05-16-2014, 09:38 AM
It's a team game and a team loss. But yea I feel like Chris Pauls tendency to create an assist on nearly every play and tendency to score at a high level really conflict with each other. Can he lead a team to a championship as both their best scorer/go to shooter and playmaker? Idk. Griffin is great, but could improve defensively. Their bench was overrated imo. Collison and Crawford aint exactly high basketball iq players.

They may not be the smartest but when you have your 6, 7th, 8th .... 9th player giving you production, you have a good bench.

JtotheIzzo
05-16-2014, 09:44 AM
2 stars in their prime
6th man of the year
Great defensive center

CP3 has always been overrated. Plenty of PGs put up great numbers, but for some reason everyone has always sucked this guy's dlck. maybe it is because he was compared to Deron Williams for so long that we just assumed he was a step ahead.

He's a compiler, not the winner and leader everyone makes him out to be.

"ooh look he is yelling at his teammates, what a leader!"

Very good, not great. Its a PG league and you have only won twice in the second round in a decade.

Grade: C-

All Net
05-16-2014, 09:53 AM
The Clippers were damn close to breaking through to the conference finals here. People act like they were destroyed. It wouldn

imdaman99
05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
They're very good. But I don't think they can beat the top 2 teams in the West. We'll see going forward. I'm sure Blake will continue to get better, just get him and cliff paul commercials off my TV though :rant

bballnoob1192
05-16-2014, 11:26 AM

Lakers fans have too much time on there hands. Dwight dumped you and the Clippers are better, deal with it.
wtf are borderline contenders. there is no second place in this league, and even if there was the clippers cannot even get to the finals with that stacked team come on. kobe would rape the west if he had that team. just compare current clippers to championship lakers

CP3 > fisher
reddick < Kobe
matt barnes = ariza/artest (production wise this playoffs)
blake griffin = pau gasol (griffin more explosive, but gasol more consistent)
deandre >>>>> injured bynum
crawford = odom
clips bench >>>>>> lakers bench

What is stopping CP3 xcept himself, and they cannot even blame coach this year like previous with vinny.

Superstar PG will not win championship in this era or next.

All Net
05-16-2014, 11:48 AM
wtf are borderline contenders. there is no second place in this league, and even if there was the clippers cannot even get to the finals with that stacked team come on. kobe would rape the west if he had that team. just compare current clippers to championship lakers

CP3 > fisher
reddick < Kobe
crawford = odom

What is stopping CP3 xcept himself, and they cannot even blame coach this year like previous with vinny.

Why are you comparing Paul to Kobe? Guys like Lebron, Durant, Kobe are one of a kind type superstars who will LEAD their team to victory. Chris Paul is a great player/top 5 player but nobody should have those kind of expections. Being a top PG doesn’t mean the same as being those kind of players

And you can’t compare what Kobe had back then to the teams of today. Totally different.

NBAplayoffs2001
05-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Not only is your reasoning flawed but its not a very good argument in general. One of the best benches in the league ffs. They have it all.

Agreed I think they are actually the deepest team in the league personally. They just lack a small forward. Igoudala would fit perfectly on this team to compliment the starting lineup (one of my favorite players, he wont give you 20 a game like he was projected during his tenure at the 76ers but he gives you a scottie pippen lite type of impact).

If they pick up a player like iguodala this offseason, I think they can make the WCF next year.

And yes, I think to an extent they choke pretty bad. When they lost to Memphis I believe 2 years ago in the playoffs I was laughing because they blew I think a 3-1 or a 2-1 lead. I knew it would happen. Most of my friends thought the Clippers would reach the finals this year. I said they would lose in the 2nd round in 6 games to whoever they play. I was right :banana:.

Just saw people mention
Ariza above me, he would be a fantastic pickup if the Clippers can somehow snag him.

TylerOO
05-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Cliff Paul can't win. We should know this by now with his constant failures. He is a perennial LOSER

pegasus
05-16-2014, 12:03 PM
They play in the West. They'd make the finals in the East.

NBAplayoffs2001
05-16-2014, 12:03 PM

CP3 > fisher
reddick < Kobe
crawford = odom

Very similar team good call. The early 2000s lakers vs todays clippers:
CP3(Superstar)>Fisher/harper/shaw(solid role players)
reddick(good shooter, decent player)>bryant(star in 2000, exploded in 2001 and 2002 as a superstar)
matt barnes = rick fox
blake griffin > horace grant/robert horry(solid depth but neither one of them were in their primes, if they were, then it is a different story)
jordan <<< shaq
clippers bench >>>>>>>>>> lakers bench

DMAVS41
05-16-2014, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]The Clippers were damn close to breaking through to the conference finals here. People act like they were destroyed. It wouldn

Laker4Lyfe
05-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Maybe Chris Paul and the league wanted the Clippers out because of Sterling.

I mean he's on T.V. everyday continually saying offensive things and as long as the Clippers are playing it will stay in the spotlight.

Maybe they figure if the Clippers are out the Sterling crap will be contained to L.A. news. :confusedshrug: