PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat about the def rank the teams lebron has faced in the ECF

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Since 2009, he has faced the best defensive team in the league and the trend continues

http://i.imgur.com/uG04zZR.png

fiddy
05-16-2014, 07:53 AM
sure sure lmao

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 08:02 AM
sure sure lmao

stats don't lie:applause:

Trollsmasher
05-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Came home with an intetion of posting this and I see that you already did it:applause:

Yeah, the best defensive teams are in the East. We all know that, some of us just refuse to accept it

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Yeah suddenly the Pacers are this powerhouse, superstacked team again. Just before they face the Heat, how convenient :oldlol:

No mention about the 2 teams they have faced so far? The almighty Charlotte Bobcats and Brooklyn Nets, man what a journey, someone photoshop a Lelbron's face on Frodo's body, quick! :bowdown:

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah suddenly the Pacers are this powerhouse, superstacked team again. Just before they face the Heat, how convenient :oldlol:

Everyone plays over their head when they face Miami. Hibbert looks like scrub vs everyone but Miami.:lol

No mention about the 2 teams they have faced so far? The almighty Charlotte Bobcats and Brooklyn Nets, man what a journey, someone photoshop a Lelbron's face on Frodo's body, quick! :bowdown:

Bobcats were actually elite on defense.It's no secrect the denfenses are better in the East.Why do you think Kobe's finals Fg% is so low?:oldlol:

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Everyone plays over their head when they face Miami. Hibbert looks like scrub vs everyone but Miami.:lol

Bobcats were actually elite on defense.It's no secrect the denfenses are better in the East.Why do you think Kobe's finals Fg% is so low?:oldlol:
First of all Hibbert looks good vs the Heat because of how they're built. They have no bigs to stop him. If you build a team with great SG, SF, PF something has to give.

Hibbert still made the all-star this year so your statement is blatantly false. Of course you guys pretty much only watch Heat games so you wouldn't know.

And then you proceed to use Kobe's Finals FG% to back your claim that East defenses are better. Pathetic. Of course if I get to play shitty Eastern Conference teams 3-4 times a year my defense is going to look better than if I play in the West. This is obvious for everybody except Lebron stans.

Warfan
05-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Yeah, he has went up against good defenses but im sure that he would rather play Indiana and boston the past 2 years instead of the thunder or spurs. But why did his production go down in the finals the past 3 years against the soft, up and down, no defense west teams? Greatest mystery in sports today.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Yeah, he has went up against good defenses but im sure that he would rather play Indiana and boston the past 2 years instead of the thunder or spurs. But why did his production go down in the finals the past 3 years against the soft, up and down, no defense west teams? Greatest mystery in sports today.

Heat would take playing that non-contact, free flowing Western style of the Thunder,Warriors,Clippers anyday over the East coast slow grind/banging style. Western style ball looks like run & gun pickup game:lol

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 08:42 AM
And then you proceed to use Kobe's Finals FG% to back your claim that East defenses are better.

It's true, see thread from a Kobe stan:lol

Defenses Kobe, LeBron & Jordan faced in NBA finals (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310711)

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 08:45 AM
It's true, see thread from a Kobe stan:lol

Defenses Kobe, LeBron & Jordan faced in NBA finals (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310711)
I don't care, it doesn't prove anything related to this topic.

You guys run out of ammo real quick and quickly fall back to bring up Kobe vs Lebron. It's getting old, people don't care anymore except for 3 or 4 trolls.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 08:46 AM

You guys run out of ammo real quick and quickly fall back to bring up Kobe vs Lebron. It's getting old, people don't care anymore except for 3 or 4 trolls.

Im stating the facts not opinion. East is where the best D is played:applause:

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Im stating the facts not opinion. East is where the best D is played:applause:
Still waiting for facts...

Cocaine80s
05-16-2014, 08:52 AM

:lebroncry: :lebroncry: :lebroncry:

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 08:55 AM
:lebroncry: :lebroncry: :lebroncry:
Great contribution, thanks for proving my point :cheers:

livinglegend
05-16-2014, 09:11 AM

Thunder instead of Boston? :oldlol:
5 game vs 7 games

next

Warfan
05-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Heat would take playing that non-contact, free flowing Western style of the Thunder,Warriors,Clippers anyday over the East coast slow grind/banging style. Western style ball looks like run & gun pickup game:lol

That's why his numbers are significantly better versus those run & gun western teams right? Look, Ill give props to Bron, he has played great in the ECF in his career, notably against Orlando and Boston. But his finals play leaves a lot to be desired, and has performed poorly in 2 and mediocre in one. Similar things could be said about Kobe, although he did face all time great defenses like Detroit and 08 Boston, 10' Boston weren't to bad themselves. Ofcourse for his first 3 rings his finals opponents were noticeably weaker than Portland, kings and the spurs, but that's just an excuse. Overall both guys aren't really that close to being great on the biggest stage of the game, but Bron still has a chance these next few years to prove himself.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 09:27 AM
That's why his numbers are significantly better versus those run & gun western teams right?

Lebron does/did have better numbers vs the West in reg season.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 09:39 AM
Still waiting for facts...

Facts are in the original post. Don't be salty because you can't handle the truth:lol

Warfan
05-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Thunder instead of Boston? :oldlol:
5 game vs 7 games

next

You gonna ignore that bosh was out for most of that series? 12' Boston were overrated and had injuries, if bosh played most of the series miami would have won much quicker. And he had his only good finals performance was against OKC, and even then he still had better production against Boston anyway, and that's my point, his play noticeably drops in the finals.

And I'm sure bron would rather play the mavs than the bulls in 2011, seems like he would own an old marion and kidd. Or that he would own fatass diaw and the destroy the spurs with 10 feet of space. But no that's not what happened. Just be happy your boy gets cakewalks to the ECF finals and finals every year.

edrick
05-16-2014, 09:44 AM
We all know that the East is more defensive than the West. This is not news, Durant and Kobe dickriders ignore that fact though.

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Facts are in the original post. Don't be salty because you can't handle the truth:lol
I explained why you were wrong and all you had to come back to me with was 'but Kobe's FG% this!' :oldlol:

Take the L and move on.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 09:54 AM
And I'm sure bron would rather play the mavs than the bulls in 2011,

Lebron actually shot better vs Mavs than he did the Bulls in 2011. The difference in ppg was a matter of volume and ft's.

seems like he would own an old marion and kidd. Or that he would own fatass diaw and the destroy the spurs with 10 feet of space. But no that's not what happened. Just be happy your boy gets cakewalks to the ECF finals and finals every year.

Yeah, cakewalking while playing more games on his way to the Finals than both of his finals opps the last 2 seasons:lol

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 09:55 AM
I explained why you were wrong and all you had to come back to me with was 'but Kobe's FG% this!' :oldlol:

where did you explain?

Take the L and move on.

this is what you should be doing right now:lol

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 10:04 AM
where did you explain?

this is what you should be doing right now:lol
I told you the competition they faced impacted their results, which is obvious. Are you going to argue that the Bobcats are a better team than Mavs, Grizzlies or even Phoenix Suns? You can't be that dumb.

Then you mumbled something about Kobe's FG% int he inals because you had no comeback and are now trying to save face acting like you've proven any point.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 10:08 AM
I told you the competition they faced impacted their results, which is obvious. Are you going to argue that the Bobcats are a better team than Mavs, Grizzlies or even Phoenix Suns? You can't be that dumb.

Bobcats were a better defensive team than all of those with Grizz being around the same.

Then you mumbled something about Kobe's FG% int he inals because you had no comeback and are now trying to save face acting like you've proven any point.

I mentioned it because there is a historic correlation. The West always plays wide open run and gun style and the east always plays a tough slow down, grind it out style. Western style inflates offensive numbers and the eastern style brings them down.

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Bobcats were a better defensive team than all of those with Grizz being around the same.

I mentioned it because there is a historic correlation. The West always plays wide open run and gun style and the east always plays a tough slow down, grind it out style. Western style inflates offensive numbers and the eastern style brings them down.
So your only argument is Bobcats being a good defensive team. lol at Grizzlies being around the same though Grizzlies are a much better defensive team than the Bobcats. You can go dig up your stat that show how Charlotte improved their defensive numbers by playing vs the likes of the Orlando Magic or the Milwaukee Bucks, the fact remains that besides the Pacers, the East sucks.

You then throw a simplistic view of the West saying they are run and gun as if they didn't care about defense. If that's so easy how is it that the defensive powerhouses of the East could not beat those teams? I though defense won championships????

Western style inflates offensive numbers? Then wouldn't the same be true for the East with defensive numbers? You just destroyed your argument yourself :applause:

If anything, it's harder to put up numbers in the West because the talent pool is so much deeper.

Eastern teams play at a much slower pace, that and the overall lack of talent makes some teams look better than they really are.

I look at my Bulls and if I go by regular season stats they look like an elite team but when the level of competition increases they just can't live up to it. This, to me, happens with the East, competition is so mediocre that a few above average teams are looking stronger than they really are in comparison.

JohnFreeman
05-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Great thread, great stats.

Mr Exlax
05-16-2014, 10:29 AM
The better defense is in the Eastern Conference. The better teams are in the Western Conference.

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2014, 10:37 AM
So your only argument is Bobcats being a good defensive team. lol at Grizzlies being around the same though Grizzlies are a much better defensive team than the Bobcats. You can go dig up your stat that show how Charlotte improved their defensive numbers by playing vs the likes of the Orlando Magic or the Milwaukee Bucks, the fact remains that besides the Pacers, the East sucks.

You then throw a simplistic view of the West saying they are run and gun as if they didn't care about defense. If that's so easy how is it that the defensive powerhouses of the East could not beat those teams? I though defense won championships????

Western style inflates offensive numbers? Then wouldn't the same be true for the East with defensive numbers? You just destroyed your argument yourself :applause:

If anything, it's harder to put up numbers in the West because the talent pool is so much deeper.

Eastern teams play at a much slower pace, that and the overall lack of talent makes some teams look better than they really are.

I look at my Bulls and if I go by regular season stats they look like an elite team but when the level of competition increases they just can't live up to it. This, to me, happens with the East, competition is so mediocre that a few above average teams are looking stronger than they really are in comparison.
shut up i rape u lil boy.

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 10:39 AM
shut up i rape u lil boy.
is that supposed to scare me? :oldlol:
Go help your mommy clean if you have nothing to contribute to the topic

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2014, 10:46 AM
is that supposed to scare me? :oldlol:
Go help your mommy clean if you have nothing to contribute to the topic
nothings needed to be contributed to this topic little boy.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-16-2014, 11:07 AM
it only went down against the elite defensive Spurs( only team with defense in the east) who made a gameplan SOLELY to stop him.
and it backfired in game 7:roll: :roll:

Basketbolero
05-16-2014, 11:09 AM
nothings needed to be contributed to this topic little boy.
You mean you don't have anything smart to say, right

Little boy? I'm a 6'2, 180lb rock climber that climbs grade 7a. Pretty sure you are the little boy here.