PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta pursuing Carmelo Anthony.

Richesly
05-16-2014, 10:50 AM
This dude Danny Ferry is god damn active as hell!

Google it, still at work.

If they get Melo, then I guess we won't get Deng/Monroe.

Back a in 2011, I made a thread stating in 3 years that the Hawks will be a force to be reckoned with. I never bookmarked it though, but it looks like I was right. If Hawks get Melo, there will be no team able to stop the Hawks.

Coach Bud is on par with Coach Pop and Danny Ferry is one of the best GMs in the league.

JohnMax
05-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Everyone including Miami will go after Melo

Richesly
05-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Everyone including Miami will go after Melo

You're dumb if you think Miami can afford Melo.

Melo would be perfect in Coach Bud's spur-like system. He would probably win MVP on the Hawks.

Also, they won't be able to double team him with people like Korver, Teague, Milsap, and Horford on the court. They are all offensively dangerous.

ABfor3
05-16-2014, 11:09 AM
This dude Danny Ferry is god damn active as hell!

Google it, still at work.

If they get Melo, then I guess we won't get Deng/Monroe.

Back a in 2011, I made a thread stating in 3 years that the Hawks will be a force to be reckoned with. I never bookmarked it though, but it looks like I was right. If Hawks get Melo, there will be no team able to stop the Hawks.

Coach Bud is on par with Coach Pop and Danny Ferry is one of the best GMs in the league.
He's coming to Houston :pimp:

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Get it done Ferry :cheers:

If we could take the Pacers to the limit this year, imagine what we could do with Horford and Melo in the lineup. Can you say sweep?

Coach Bud with an actual decent roster means the East would be on notice.

Haymaker
05-16-2014, 11:17 AM
That would be awesome, but behind every Superstar player is a manipulative b

DwnShft2Xcelr8
05-16-2014, 11:21 AM
If Carmelo cares about winning, he'll strongly consider signing with a team like Atlanta or Chicago, but because I think he just pretends to care about winning and is just more interested in money + fame, he'll likely stay in NY.

Kiddlovesnets
05-16-2014, 11:38 AM
If Carmelo cares about winning, he'll strongly consider signing with a team like Atlanta or Chicago, but because I think he just pretends to care about winning and is just more interested in money + fame, he'll likely stay in NY.

I thought New York did not want to offer him max either, Phil Jackson said Melo needs to keep his words and resign for much less money.
:rolleyes:

Rameek
05-16-2014, 12:12 PM
I thought New York did not want to offer him max either, Phil Jackson said Melo needs to keep his words and resign for much less money.
:rolleyes:
I think money is more than just his contract. I cant see Atlanta being a legit destination thats not a major enough market for Melo.

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2014, 12:14 PM
tl;dr

to lame dont retard

0% chance of happening.

next.

Uncle Drew
05-16-2014, 12:16 PM
You're dumb if you think Miami can afford Melo.

Melo would be perfect in Coach Bud's spur-like system. He would probably win MVP on the Hawks.

Also, they won't be able to double team him with people like Korver, Teague, Milsap, and Horford on the court. They are all offensively dangerous.
He would be perfect in a system based on passing? :roll:

atljonesbro
05-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I think money is more than just his contract. I cant see Atlanta being a legit destination thats not a major enough market for Melo.
Pretty sad we have fans who think like you. Atlanta is one of the better situations to enter in the league in terms of future yet all people think about is top 10 jerseys sales and how loud the arena will be when he shoots a 3. You know how teams grow in popularity? Moves like this.

MellowYellow
05-16-2014, 01:40 PM

Of course he would, did you see him in the 2012 Olympics?

coolhandsteve
05-16-2014, 02:05 PM
This scenario doesn't look half as bad as it did during the season I must say.

Levity
05-16-2014, 02:10 PM
teague
korver
melo
millsap
horford

running a beautiful offense that promotes ball movement and open 3s

:eek:

Levity
05-16-2014, 02:11 PM

if melo can buy into the system, or if bud can tweak his system enough to fit in melo, hed be an amazing fit. hes a pretty good spot up shooter too, as someone alluded to

Rocketswin2013
05-16-2014, 02:13 PM
He's coming to Houston :pimp:
IDK man....It would either make us the best team in the league or a lottery team. The only way it would work is if Melo played a Chris Bosh role, Harden became a slasher like Dwade and lowers his usage(Not that it's high, it's very good and moderate) and we went out and got a true PG.

Doubt it gets done tbh.

Genaro
05-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Melo to Hawks would have to agree to a 12M salary and they would guys like Mike Scott and Cartier Martin go.

Manila
05-16-2014, 02:35 PM
don't you think Melo is really overrated? what has he accomplished to proved his worth? a scoring title? :facepalm

beastee
05-16-2014, 03:15 PM
I work in Atlanta and go to a few games a year...the crowds suck and could care less about good basketball. It's more a showcase of Ms. Fat Booty (which is :banana: :banana: in my books).

No way a superstar wants this weak franchise fan base to try and win a title with.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2014, 03:18 PM
I work in Atlanta and go to a few games a year...the crowds suck and could care less about good basketball. It's more a showcase of Ms. Fat Booty (which is :banana: :banana: in my books).

No way a superstar wants this weak franchise fan base to try and win a title with.

You just saw LeBron and Bosh head down to Miami which is an even worse sports town than Atlanta is. You build a contender and the fans will come.

Legends66NBA7
05-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Most teams are going to pursue Melo too. He's only going to sign with 1 team and I doubt it's Atlanta.

Legends66NBA7
05-16-2014, 03:32 PM
You just saw LeBron and Bosh head down to Miami which is an even worse sports town than Atlanta is. You build a contender and the fans will come.

But Miami had Wade down there and they had won a title in 2006. When you are close with certain players and have a certain winning culture before, that's going to attract free agents along with more fans.

Atlanta hasn't even gone further than the 2nd round in any season since the Hawks moved to Atlanta in 1968 (a 46 year span). They haven't won a division title since 1994. Maybe Melo gets them over the top if he comes, but like I said it's pretty doubtful for now. Factoring in history wouldn't thrill any free agents sticking around.