PDA

View Full Version : Do the Clippers regret trading Bledsoe?

TheMagicMan
05-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Redick has been great for them, I get that, but Westbrook just annihilated their guards and the only person that can match his speed and athleticism was on their roster. And they traded him away. And don't tell me they weren't willing to pay Bledsoe to play backup PG when he's been playing SG next to Dragic all season long. Anyways, thoughts?

navy
05-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Bledsoe isnt a good defender.

Fudge
05-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Redick has been great for them, I get that, but Westbrook just annihilated their guards and the only person that can match his speed and athleticism was on their roster. And they traded him away. And don't tell me they weren't willing to pay Bledsoe to play backup PG when he's been playing SG next to Dragic all season long. Anyways, thoughts?
Dude, they couldn't pay him PERIOD.

Bledsoe's a max player. They probably would've had to get rid of DJ or somebody else to make room for him.

Johnny Jones
05-16-2014, 03:31 PM
:oldlol:

TheMagicMan
05-16-2014, 03:32 PM

When he was on the court, Phoenix gave up 103 points per 100 possessions. Off court? 110.

Genaro
05-16-2014, 03:33 PM
He wouldn't put up those numbers he did if he was backing up CP. But I feel like they regret, specially because Dudley didn't perform as expected.

Wavves
05-16-2014, 03:34 PM

Bledsoe's a max player. They probably would've had to get rid of DJ or somebody else to make room for him.
This.

Sure, having Bledsoe this playoffs would have been huge, but they would had lost him for nothing this offseason. He's going to get a massive paycheck this offseason.

navy
05-16-2014, 03:35 PM
I should clarify, he's ability to keep the ball in front of him is average at best. At least he wouldnt get bullied or posted, so there is that.

TheMagicMan
05-16-2014, 03:36 PM

Wasn't he still on his rookie contract? They could've waited until next year at the very least to trade him. And I'm pretty sure they still had room to sign Redick. So they basically traded him for Dudley, who was a total bust in LA.

BlackVVaves
05-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Regret trading him? No.

Regret trading him for scrubs? Yes.

TheMagicMan
05-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Regret trading him? No.

Regret trading him for scrubs? Yes.

This I can agree with.

AirTupac
05-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Should have kept him over CP3 tbh. Bledsoe is a fighter and isn't mentally weak

LakersFan626
05-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Should have kept him over CP3 tbh. Bledsoe is a fighter and isn't mentally weak

Paul>Bledsoe. They couldn't keep Paul AND Bledsoe, and Collison is a much better shooter than Bledsoe and stepped up HUGE when Paul was injured. If they didn't have Paul they would have been eliminated in the first round...

COnDEMnED
05-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Paul>Bledsoe. They couldn't keep Paul AND Bledsoe, and Collison is a much better shooter than Bledsoe and stepped up HUGE when Paul was injured. If they didn't have Paul they would have been out of the playoffs...
:cheers:

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2014, 06:06 PM
He wouldn't put up those numbers he did if he was backing up CP. But I feel like they regret, specially because Dudley didn't perform as expected.

That's a bit of an understatement, Dudley couldn't even sniff the rotation.

Clyde
05-16-2014, 06:37 PM

What version of the NBA did you watch all year?

MiseryCityTexas
05-16-2014, 06:59 PM

lmao on 2k he is.

Springsteen
05-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Clippers made out worse in this trade than OKC did in the Harden trade, but everyone wants to talk about that one for some reason.

LoneyROY7
05-16-2014, 07:13 PM
I like Redick on the team, but considering Jared Dudley panned out...probably wasn't the best trade they could have gotten.

Would've been better to grab someone like Arron Afflalo instead.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Clippers made out worse in this trade than OKC did in the Harden trade, but everyone wants to talk about that one for some reason.

Because Harden is the best player on a good playoff team and Bledsoe is the second best PG on a non-playoff team. Harden has ads all over TV, maybe 2% of America would recognize Bledsoe's face.

navy
05-16-2014, 07:18 PM
What version of the NBA did you watch all year?
The one where I watched him defend point guards.

MC Gusto
05-16-2014, 07:23 PM
In hindsight, I would think so. They could've used Bledsoe and Caron was somehow better than Jared Dudley this year.

MiseryCityTexas
05-16-2014, 07:26 PM
I like Redick on the team, but considering Jared Dudley panned out...probably wasn't the best trade they could have gotten.

Would've been better to grab someone like Arron Afflalo instead.
Jared Dudley was always a bum, and scored most of his points within the flow of the game instead of in key moments on the Suns. He was also boring as shit to watch in boston college.

MC Gusto
05-16-2014, 07:27 PM
This.

Sure, having Bledsoe this playoffs would have been huge, but they would had lost him for nothing this offseason. He's going to get a massive paycheck this offseason.
They technically still lost him for nothing.

SwishSquared
05-17-2014, 12:51 AM
They don't regret moving him, but the return was not good. Butler's expiring and Bledsoe were the Clippers best non-core player trade assets and they got Dudley and JJ in return. JJ had a good year, even with his injury issues, and fit the team perfectly offensively. Dudley's been awful and he has 2 years, $9M remaining on his deal. And when you consider that Phoenix got Bledsoe for Dudley and a second round pick, it's an even worse trade.

In hindsight, they should have traded Caron + Bledsoe for Affalo + 1st round pick. I know Doc loves a guy like JJ for his system, but this would have been the best package. If he was intent on JJ, then he simply should have done Butler + 2nd round pick(s) for JJ in S&T. Then gone through this entire season playing Bledsoe ~30mpg (assuming he was healthy) at both G spots. If he got a max offer this summer, simply complete a S&T (just a future second round pick from other team and a massive trade exception). They could then use that trade exception to complete a S&T for a guy like Ariza or Deng. If Doc went this route and kept Bledsoe (then lost him this summer and signed a capable wing with the big trade exception from an E-Bled S&T), next year's line-up could be:

CP3-JJ-Ariza-BG-DJ
Collison-Crawford-Barnes-???-Big Baby

Still no great PF/C depth, but that could potentially be addressed with their picks in this year draft. Doc's gonna need to be more shrewd this summer b/c he clearly blew that deal.

JohnFreeman
05-17-2014, 12:52 AM
Should have picked up Nate Robinson

Springsteen
05-17-2014, 01:22 AM
Should have picked up Nate Robinson

tore his acl tho

All Net
05-17-2014, 11:04 AM
They knew they couldn't afford him, and leverage wasn't great as teams knew it.

This is a guy who could get max offers

imdaman99
05-17-2014, 11:10 AM
They should have held onto him for as long as they could have instead of trading him for a pile of scrubs. This was not like the Harden situation where OKC got a draft pick. Bledsoe is a great defender, and they could have used him on Westbrook for half the games.

All Net
05-17-2014, 11:13 AM
They should have held onto him for as long as they could have instead of trading him for a pile of scrubs. This was not like the Harden situation where OKC got a draft pick. Bledsoe is a great defender, and they could have used him on Westbrook for half the games.
And great at attacking the defense

MC Gusto
05-17-2014, 05:39 PM
tore his acl tho
If he had been playing for the Clippers, he wouldn't have been where he was at that same moment he tore his ACL.

Akrazotile
05-17-2014, 05:48 PM

:roll: