PDA

View Full Version : How Will LeBron's Game Evolve As He Ages?

atljonesbro
05-16-2014, 04:21 PM
How do you guys think LeBron's game will evolve? He's obviously reliant on his athleticism to score the basketball, so do you think he'll focus on more of an all around game? I feel like we'll see some years where he will have near triple double stat lines.

Cocaine80s
05-16-2014, 04:22 PM
i think hes more reliant on strength than athleticism. he rarely dunks after getting fouled now. hes just gonna bulldoze and get free throws till he retires. and improve on his post game

ThatCoolKid
05-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Lebron doesn't really rely much on his athleticism anymore. His post up game has improved tremendously, he's gone from a face up player who relies on blow by speed to someone who bullies people in the paint and is a decent spot up shooter.

inclinerator
05-16-2014, 04:24 PM
needs to post more, he's unstoppable there

also needs teammates to get him the ball there without turning it over

RoundMoundOfReb
05-16-2014, 04:26 PM
It already has. He plays a lot more below the free-throw line and high post than the top of the key like he used to.

ImKobe
05-16-2014, 04:27 PM
I guess he'll keep improving that jumper and the post game, I see him slimming down a bit to the 230-240 range so he'd still be fast.

TheMagicMan
05-16-2014, 04:27 PM
He's clearly lost a step this year (not as explosive as he usually was) and still posted a career high in FG% while averaging 27/7/6. He'll be fine.

Milbuck
05-16-2014, 04:29 PM
We're watching him do it right now. He's posting up more, taking the little guy completely out of the picture. As his quickness and athleticism fades, he's just going to go down low and get the easier bucket. He's been consistently getting bigger and stronger over the years to help with that. His vision will always be there, so even when he's not running the point from end to end, he could still use his vision to dictate/run the offense from the post ala younger Duncan/Garnett.

In 4-5 years time I think he'll be a full-time and capable PF, with insane inside-outside passing ability. He'll still run the point quite often, but in terms of individual scoring, he should mostly be in the post. On defense I could see him taking on more PFs, but I think even then he'll be athletic enough to stay with most wing players, so defense shouldn't be an issue.

SamuraiSWISH
05-16-2014, 04:31 PM
We're watching him do it right now. He's posting up more, taking the little guy completely out of the picture. As his quickness and athleticism fades, he's just going to go down low and get the easier bucket. He's been consistently getting bigger and stronger over the years to help with that. His vision will always be there, so even when he's not running the point from end to end, he could still use his vision to dictate/run the offense from the post ala younger Duncan/Garnett.

In 4-5 years time I think he'll be a full-time and capable PF, with insane inside-outside passing ability. He'll still run the point quite often, but in terms of individual scoring, he should mostly be in the post. On defense I could see him taking on more PFs, but I think even then he'll be athletic enough to stay with most wing players, so defense shouldn't be an issue.
Beautiful Post

:pimp:

QuebecBaller
05-16-2014, 04:33 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/stock-market-crash-6535883.jpg

nathanjizzle
05-16-2014, 04:34 PM
he will end up similar to what joe johnson is now, but with less hair.

ThatCoolKid
05-16-2014, 04:58 PM

:facepalm Liberals, when will they learn.

Hoopz2332
05-16-2014, 05:06 PM

Joe Johnson? They play nothing alike:biggums:

Solefade
05-16-2014, 05:07 PM

nice post robert_shaw :applause:

Solefade
05-16-2014, 05:08 PM
He's clearly lost a step this year (not as explosive as he usually was) and still posted a career high in FG% while averaging 27/7/6. He'll be fine.

he didn't lose a step, he just put on more muscle brah...have you seen him sprint down a court? dude is like 275 with 4x4 speed

Real14
05-16-2014, 05:09 PM
It depends on how the steroids and other enhancement drugs affect him.

Beastmode88
05-16-2014, 05:10 PM
It can only go up right? (clutch gene cant get any worse)

Milbuck
05-16-2014, 05:11 PM
nice post robert_shaw :applause:
:coleman:

sd3035
more layups, FTs, and traveling :cheers:

Solefade
:coleman:

:D

WindmiLL
05-16-2014, 05:14 PM
He's already a strong beast down in the paint constantly getting double teamed. Take into account he will get even more of that ''old man's strength'' and will be even harder to stop down there.

Real14
05-16-2014, 05:16 PM
more layups, FTs, and traveling :cheers:
You talk shit about Lebron but have a Silkktheshocker avatar? I don't get it.

Ball So Harden
05-16-2014, 05:19 PM
He'll be slower, less athletic, and collude with new players in their primes.

Real14
05-16-2014, 05:25 PM
He'll be slower, less athletic, and collude with new players in their primes.
What about his hairline's plans and motivation? Not good at all right?

AirFederer
05-16-2014, 05:31 PM
70s Wilt :bowdown:

MiseryCityTexas
05-16-2014, 05:36 PM
I can see him making a transition to point guard when he gets older after he gets older and loses all his quickness and athleticism.

Real14
05-16-2014, 05:39 PM
I can see him making a transition to point guard when he gets older and loses all his quickness and athleticism.
Don't you have to be quick to be a point guard ?

Vancouver-Grizz
05-16-2014, 05:39 PM
anyone surprised by his great conditions of his knees even though his size and muscles would be a strain on the worlds best knees?

It is insane watching him run up and down the court with non stop jumping and playing 40+ mins a game with no knee issues. He is a super athletic freak.

If he wants to prolong his career...Needs to play more post up game and get a crazy reliable jump shot which he is not far off at all.

MiseryCityTexas
05-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Don't you have to be quick to be a point guard ?

Jason Kidd wasn't that quick and was still effective, and Scottie Pippen was a decent point guard in Portland after he became old flabby and sick.

Real14
05-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Jason Kidd wasn't that quick and was still effective, and Scottie Pippen was a decent point guard in Portland after he became old flabby and sick.
Jason wasn't that slow.

Leftimage
05-16-2014, 10:22 PM
How do you guys think LeBron's game will evolve? He's obviously reliant on his athleticism to score the basketball, so do you think he'll focus on more of an all around game? I feel like we'll see some years where he will have near triple double stat lines.

Pretty much what you're seeing this last season & this season. Broad arsenal of post moves, turnaround J's and fadeways, better shot selection (I think his fg% will be locked in at 55+ for the rest of his career).

Sure, he had a few superhuman moments in the Nets series, but otherwise his playing style was ''ageless'' i.e. a 35 yr old Bron will be able to pull off those same moves. If anything, he'll be even better suited for post play at that age. Look how strong he is now - imagine at 35 years old. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Stats-wise, I expect a career arch a bit like the Mailman had - teetering around his career-averages until the very llast season or two. Provided he stays healthy, Lebron is going to ****ing destroy NBA record books.

sd3035
05-16-2014, 10:32 PM
You talk shit about Lebron but have a Silkktheshocker avatar? I don't get it.

That's David Kleinfeld

this is silkk the shocker
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GMVC5Y9FL.jpg