PDA

View Full Version : Ibaka's injury does not give KD an excuse for not winning a ring

JT123
05-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I remember when Bosh went down in the Indiana series 2 years ago, and Miami's was trailing 2-1 in the series. Magic was asked if Lebron deserved a pass if the Heat were not able to make it past the Pacers, and Magic's answer was "NO"
Magic explained that if you are the MVP and have a top 10 player beside you there are no excuses for not winning! Durant is not off the hook, and if he doesn't get to the Finals his season will be remembered as an epic failure. That is the standard league MVP's are held to, especially with many fans calling you the game's best player.

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 08:30 PM
No excuses.

PsychoBe
05-16-2014, 08:31 PM
bosh came back after the series anyways :facepalm

Rocketswin2013
05-16-2014, 08:32 PM
But we're talking this series. He HAS to play great and get them to at least 7 games.

No excuses slim reaper.

Relinquish
05-16-2014, 08:33 PM

That's true, but if they lost the series, it would've been a failure (but they barely won in 7). The Thunder won't beat the Spurs without Ibaka so it's irrelevant whether or not he would come back. KD is not a good enough player to win without Ibaka. :confusedshrug:

chazzy
05-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Comparing the task of getting through the 2nd round with winning the title :oldlol:

Keno
05-16-2014, 08:34 PM
agreed.

BlazerRed
05-16-2014, 08:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GFSGnyU.gif

Warfan
The pacers were a good team but this years spurs are definitely much better. Not to mention bosh came back and was big for the heat in the finals and game 7 against Boston.

NumberSix
Comparing the task of getting through the 2nd round with winning the title :oldlol:
LeBron got through Indiana and Boston with Bosh.

KD should be able to win 1 series without Ibaka. Then again, he wasn't able to legitimately win a series against MEM or LAC WITH him.

Keno
05-16-2014, 08:38 PM
still a championship or bust.

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 08:40 PM
You wanna be compared to LeBron? That comes with LeBron type expectations.

No excuses.

JT123
05-16-2014, 08:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GFSGnyU.gif
How can you even read my thread? I thought I was on your ignore list. :lol
Bron stans living rent free in this dude's head. :rockon:

Meticode
05-16-2014, 08:43 PM
But we're talking this series. He HAS to play great and get them to at least 7 games.

No excuses slim reaper.
The thread title states "ring" though. Not series.

ThePhantomCreep
05-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Fail logic. That Pacers team was weak sauce.

I'd like to see LeBron get though the Spurs without Bosh. Not happening. his supremely stacked Heat would have lost to them last year were it not for Ray Allen's improbable 3.

LeBron 06
05-16-2014, 08:44 PM
KD will never have the same pressure that LeBron

JT123
05-16-2014, 08:46 PM

No excuses.
This. The funny thing is the Thunder still have more than enough to win a title. Collison and Adams are more than capable of picking up Ibaka's scoring load, and Reggie Jackson has proven himself as a legit sixth man candidate. Funny how Thunder fans think Durant should be just as hyped as Lebron, but shouldn't be held to the same standards. :lol :lol

chazzy
05-16-2014, 08:49 PM
LeBron got through Indiana and Boston with Bosh.

KD should be able to win 1 series without Ibaka. Then again, he wasn't able to legitimately win a series against MEM or LAC WITH him.
Well technically Bosh played 3 games against Boston and had a big game 7

aj1987
05-16-2014, 08:52 PM

I'd like to see LeBron get though the Spurs without Bosh. Not happening. his supremely stacked Heat would have lost to them last year were it not for Ray Allen's improbable 3.
The Spurs would've lost in 5, if it wasn't for Neal and Green's improbable hot streak.

JT123
05-16-2014, 08:52 PM

Heat basically did beat the Spurs without Bosh last year. Need I remind you of his ZERO points in game 7?! :facepalm
You think a couple of offensive rebounds makes him irreplaceable in that series? :biggums: Several other players could have gotten those offensive boards, while also not making Duncan look like he was 25 again. :facepalm
If Bosh hadn't been so shitty offensively in that Finals the Heat wouldn't have even needed Ray Allen's 3 pointer. :no:

ThePhantomCreep
05-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Heat basically did beat the Spurs without Bosh last year. Need I remind you of his ZERO points in game 7?! :facepalm
You think a couple of offensive rebounds makes him irreplaceable in that series? :biggums: Several other players could have gotten those offensive boards, while also not making Duncan look like he was 25 again. :facepalm
If Bosh hadn't been so shitty offensively in that Finals the Heat wouldn't have even needed Ray Allen's 3 pointer. :no:

Did Bosh miss any games in the 2013 finals?

What was that? No, he did not?

Then your entire post was useless and foolish. Parker had a garbage Finals too--you think the Spurs would have been better without him out there?

Warfan
05-16-2014, 08:59 PM

Ok so u expect kd to lead the thunder over the spurs and miami? Say bosh was out for the rest of the playoffs and ibaka didn't get injured, u don't think you would use that as an 'excuse' if they were to lose to indiana or the spurs/okc?

JT123
05-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Did Bosh miss any games in the 2013 finals?

What was that? No, he did not?

Then your entire post was useless and foolish. Parker had a garbage Finals too--you think the Spurs would have been better without him out there?
Parker was bad in games 6 and 7, but in the other games he was great. Bosh did not have ONE good game against the Spurs last year, only a couple of good moments at the end of game 6. :no:
Honestly if you replace Bosh with any respectable big man against the Spurs last year, the Heat would probably win much easier.

CeilingFan#1
05-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Durant would have no excuse, but LeBron would have an asterisk if he wins.

JT123
05-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Ok so u expect kd to lead the thunder over the spurs and miami? Say bosh was out for the rest of the playoffs and ibaka didn't get injured, u don't think you would use that as an 'excuse' if they were to lose to indiana or the spurs/okc?
My point is that the excuse wouldn't be accepted by anyone. Lebron is on a level where he is basically expected to win it all every year, regardless of the age or health level of his roster. All season long fans of this forum and even several players have said that Durant has surpassed Lebron as a player. If that is the case then Durant should have the same "win or the season is a failure not matter what" expectations.

JohnFreeman
05-16-2014, 09:09 PM
KD is a top 100 player, he can't win a ring. No excuses.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-16-2014, 09:28 PM
no excuses for the slim raper.
he was carried for two entire series by his ultra stacked cast and the refs.
he has to carry the team now against a team that matches up terrible with them:confusedshrug:

TheMan
05-16-2014, 09:29 PM
I remember when Bosh went down in the Indiana series 2 years ago, and Miami's was trailing 2-1 in the series. Magic was asked if Lebron deserved a pass if the Heat were not able to make it past the Pacers, and Magic's answer was "NO"
Magic explained that if you are the MVP and have a top 10 player beside you there are no excuses for not winning! Durant is not off the hook, and if he doesn't get to the Finals his season will be remembered as an epic failure. That is the standard league MVP's are held to, especially with many fans calling you the game's best player.
So LeBron has 4 MVPs and 2 chips, that means he's been an epic failure two times?:confusedshrug:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2014, 09:32 PM
How can you even read my thread? I thought I was on your ignore list. :lol
Bron stans living rent free in this dude's head. :rockon:
your proud to be the lebron version of this http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/4328172/Stan.jpg

and even call yourself a stan....pathetic

JT123
05-16-2014, 09:37 PM
So LeBron has 4 MVPs and 2 chips, that means he's been an epic failure two times?:confusedshrug:
According to his critics, yes. He averaged nearly 40 ppg in the ECF 5 years ago, yet his 2009 season was considered an epic failure because he didn't win a chip. :confusedshrug: If Durant has surpassed Lebron as many are claiming, why is he being held to a lower standard?

JT123
05-16-2014, 09:39 PM
your proud to be the lebron version of this http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/4328172/Stan.jpg

and even call yourself a stan....pathetic
You took my post way too seriously bro. Get some perspective. :sleeping

poido123
05-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Parker was bad in games 6 and 7, but in the other games he was great. Bosh did not have ONE good game against the Spurs last year, only a couple of good moments at the end of game 6. :no:
Honestly if you replace Bosh with any respectable big man against the Spurs last year, the Heat would probably win much easier.

Parker was clearly injured and not himself.

Anyone who watches the heat, will know that Bosh does not need to play well for them to win.

All these are hypotheticals, what I can tell you is, there is absolutely nothing between San Antonio and Heat when it comes to playing each other. I don't see any clear favourite either way, unless you want to roll with the "who won last year" argument.

poido123
05-16-2014, 09:44 PM
KD has a LEGIT excuse.

No Ibaka, means no paint protection and the spacing on the floor will be totally fcked up. Ibaka was deadly with his midrange game, without him, teams will be able to crowd the paint and force KD and Westbrook to shoot more.

imdaman99
05-16-2014, 09:47 PM
I used to think every branstan has to make a daily insecure thread... but it's literally 3-4 daily insecure threads per branstan, dat ratio :oldlol:

They take after their betagod, I ain't gonna hate :cheers:

Im so nba'd out
05-16-2014, 09:48 PM
who cares what magic johnson said we all know if heat would of loss to the pacers lebron would of had a excuse.kd has a excuse just like lakers had a excuse when they didnt have bynum just like celtics had a excuse when they didnt have kg

JT123
05-16-2014, 09:51 PM
KD has a LEGIT excuse.

No Ibaka, means no paint protection and the spacing on the floor will be totally fcked up. Ibaka was deadly with his midrange game, without him, teams will be able to crowd the paint and force KD and Westbrook to shoot more.
So if Bosh hadn't been able to come back in the Boston series 2 years ago and the Heat lost, you would have given Lebron a pass? :biggums:
The question was rhetorical, because we all know you wouldn't have. :lol
Please explain why these are LEGIT excuses for KD and not for Lebron. :sleeping

smoovegittar
05-16-2014, 09:52 PM
OKC will win it without him. Bron gonna be too tired after Pacers series.

SOD 21
05-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Lebron has never been able to win a championship without two star players by his side, which is the entire reason that he fled to South Beach. Glad to see LeBron fans trying to hold KD to a higher standard than their beloved.

Also if LeBron doesn't win a championship this year and only has two titles in four years, then that will be viewed a failure by many. Especially with him declaring not five, not six and all that crap with his promise of many championships. He fled to Miami because he wanted an easy path to a title. It's difficult to respect such a weak minded individual.

He's lucky to have two titles since he was bailed out last year in Game 6 of the finals by the Spurs meltdown late and Allen saving his legacy.

poido123
05-16-2014, 09:55 PM
So if Bosh hadn't been able to come back in the Boston series 2 years ago and the Heat lost, you would have given Lebron a pass? :biggums:
The question was rhetorical, because we all know you wouldn't have. :lol
Please explain why these are LEGIT excuses for KD and not for Lebron. :sleeping

Lebron would have an excuse if Bosh didn't play the rest of the playoffs, but he missed a few games? Then came back and owned game 7.

Alot depends on if Ibaka comes back before the series is over. If not, well yeah KD has excuses.

JT123
05-16-2014, 09:55 PM
who cares what magic johnson said we all know if heat would of loss to the pacers lebron would of had a excuse.kd has a excuse just like lakers had a excuse when they didnt have bynum just like celtics had a excuse when they didnt have kg
If you seriously believe Lebron would have gotten an excuse in 2012, after his 2011 Finals debacle, you are delusional. :facepalm How anyone can claim that Lebron isn't held to a higher standard than any athlete in the history of sports is just beyond me. :biggums:

livinglegend
05-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Bosh was injured in 2012 and Wade was hurt, nobody complained. Lebron would still get trashed if they lost.
Last year, Wade was hurt and Lebron would still get trashed if Heat lost.

no excuse of Durant.

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Lebron would have an excuse if Bosh didn't play the rest of the playoffs, but he missed a few games? Then came back and owned game 7.

Alot depends on if Ibaka comes back before the series is over. If not, well yeah KD has excuses.
I've been hearing from OKC fans all year about how Ibaka isn't even very good.

No excuses.

SOD 21
05-16-2014, 10:00 PM

No excuses.

Yeah, right.

Who are these OKC fans that say that Ibaka isn't any good? He's easily their third best player, best rim protector and one of the best midrange shooting big men in the league.

He's a legitimate top 25 to 30 player.

poido123
05-16-2014, 10:00 PM
If you seriously believe Lebron would have gotten an excuse in 2012, after his 2011 Finals debacle, you are delusional. :facepalm How anyone can claim that Lebron isn't held to a higher standard than any athlete in the history of sports is just beyond me. :biggums:

The "witness" campaigns, the "check my stats" T-shirts, the self proclamation of King, the list goes on and on.

Then also playing with Bosh and Wade, and you still wonder why people expect a lot from Lebron? :wtf:

Get out from under that rock you live in...

livinglegend
05-16-2014, 10:01 PM

Bosh missed 7 games and was non existent the first 2 games he came back. No excuses for Durant, especially if he loses against the Spurs.

poido123
05-16-2014, 10:03 PM

No excuses.

When the absence of Ibaka leaves you with Collison/Perkins/Adams/Thabeet then you have a problem :lol

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 10:05 PM
When the absence of Ibaka leaves you with Collison/Perkins/Adams/Thabeet then you have a problem :lol
What's wrong with Collison Perkins and Adams?

BlazerRed
05-16-2014, 10:05 PM
GOAT frontline :bowdown:

Seriously, I doubt there's any front-court in history that's won a championship worse than that.

poido123
05-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Bosh missed 7 games and was non existent the first 2 games he came back. No excuses for Durant, especially if he loses against the Spurs.

I'd like to see you say he same thing if you took away all of Lebron's help and left either Bosh or Wade. That means, no Allen too and that would be the same situation as OKC is in right now.

JT123
The "witness" campaigns, the "check my stats" T-shirts, the self proclamation of King, the list goes on and on.

Then also playing with Bosh and Wade, and you still wonder why people expect a lot from Lebron? :wtf:

Get out from under that rock you live in...
A Wade who can't even play in 2/3 of his teams games anymore. Quit acting like Wade is still anywhere near his prime levels, dude has maybe 2 years left before he totally falls of the map! If you have watched the Heat in these playoffs, Wade has been very underwhelming. And who the hell is Bosh? A "big man" that averages fewer rebounds than his small forward! :oldlol:
What decent big man do you know of who would allow such a thing? :biggums:
As the great Charles Barkley said, "Lebron has to carry a lot of dead weight on that team."

NumberSix
I'd like to see you say he same thing if you took away all of Lebron's help and left either Bosh or Wade. That means, no Allen too and that would be the same situation as OKC is in right now.
LeBron hasn't won without Allen? :confusedshrug:

poido123
05-16-2014, 10:08 PM
What's wrong with Collison Perkins and Adams?

Collison and Adams are more impact players off the bench at this stage. Not playing heavy minutes and against the starters of the opposing team.

Perkins will be ok against Spurs, but he is totally irrelevant against the Heat.

So yeah, OKC are fcked if IBaka doesn't come back soon.

livinglegend
05-16-2014, 10:09 PM

Allen wasnt playing for Miami in 2012.
And Westbrook has been better than Wade in 2012.
Reggie Jackson has been great.
Heat would be out in 2nd round if Lebron played as bad as Durant is playing these playoffs.

truhooper
05-16-2014, 10:10 PM

No excuses.

:cheers:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-16-2014, 10:11 PM
you mean the same adams that came in yesterday, played 40 minutes, gave griffin huge problems and immediatly put up a double double right??
just to be sure.
or the same collison that suddenly started hitting threes??

knicksman
05-16-2014, 10:11 PM
OP one of the losers in real life. :lol

poido123
05-16-2014, 10:12 PM
A Wade who can't even play in 2/3 of his teams games anymore. Quit acting like Wade is still anywhere near his prime levels, dude has maybe 2 years left before he totally falls of the map! If you have watched the Heat in these playoffs, Wade has been very underwhelming. And who the hell is Bosh? A "big man" that averages fewer rebounds than his small forward! :oldlol:
What decent big man do you know of who would allow such a thing? :biggums:
As the great Charles Barkley said, "Lebron has to carry a lot of dead weight on that team."

Bosh and Wade turn up when needed most of the time, or Miami wouldn't have the last 2 championships. You can play down Heat's cast all you want, but you will never convince anyone that they aren't stacked. In this Heat team, Bosh doesn't need to do as much, put him back to a first option on a different team and he puts up 22/8 without any trouble.

oh the horror
05-16-2014, 10:13 PM
You know what the underlying BS to all these "no excuses" threads are?

If Durant doesn't win a title these kids can finally feel validated that their savior didn't win the MVP this year.

F*cking threads are swimming in agendas. :oldlol:

These threads have been popping up left and right ever since Durant for the MVP.

Christ you guys are petty

stalkerforlife
05-16-2014, 10:13 PM
BS. This is a HUGE blow to the Thunder. Ibaka is a big time defender and is wet on that 15-17 foot jumper.

This is TRAGIC. Any team that beats the Thunder will have an asterisk.

poido123
05-16-2014, 10:14 PM
you mean the same adams that came in yesterday, played 40 minutes, gave griffin huge problems and immediatly put up a double double right??
just to be sure.
or the same collison that suddenly started hitting threes??

Adams is a rookie who plays one awesome game every now and then because he is a ROOKIE. He can't be counted on for heavy minutes every game and playing at a high level. I could be wrong, but during the reg season, that is exactly how he was.

oh the horror
05-16-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm not even sure why some of you are even discussing this. Ibaka being out is a huge blow for okc. He's PART of what makes them dangerous.

You don't just sit there and go "well you can insert player B for player A and they'll be fine"

Real life doesn't work that way lol

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 10:19 PM
You know what the underlying BS to all these "no excuses" threads are?

If Durant doesn't win a title these kids can finally feel validated that their savior didn't win the MVP this year.

F*cking threads are swimming in agendas. :oldlol:

These threads have been popping up left and right ever since Durant for the MVP.

Christ you guys are petty
In all honesty, if Durant had been balling out and balled out for the rest of the playoffs but didn't win, there would be nothing to be ashamed of.

However, if OKC loses close games and KD continues playing crappy as he has been most of the playoffs, then yeah. No excuse.

poido123
05-16-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm not even sure why some of you are even discussing this. Ibaka being out is a huge blow for okc. He's PART of what makes them dangerous.

You don't just sit there and go "well you can insert player B for player A and they'll be fine"

Real life doesn't work that way lol

In a nutshell :lol

And with this accurate post, I'm out.

oh the horror
05-16-2014, 10:23 PM
In all honesty, if Durant had been balling out and balled out for the rest of the playoffs but didn't win, there would be nothing to be ashamed of.

However, if OKC loses close games and KD continues playing crappy as he has been most of the playoffs, then yeah. No excuse.

I can see that. One doesn't get a pass for playing like shit.

And with Ibaka out he HAS TO play big. If he shrinks away completely then you can sit there and talk about his game.

But to suggest that somehow Ibaka being out doesn't change anything? That's crazy talk.

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 10:23 PM
In a nutshell :lol

And with this accurate post, I'm out.
As much as you bitch about the minimal amount of bad calls in Miami games, it's weird that you seem to be completely silent about the insane officiating in OKC games.

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 10:26 PM
I can see that. One doesn't get a pass for playing like shit.

And with Ibaka out he HAS TO play big. If he shrinks away completely then you can sit there and talk about his game.

But to suggest that somehow Ibaka being out doesn't change anything? That's crazy talk.
If Durant plays mediocre, but OKC plays well enough to keep the games close, then yeah, it is on KD. In that situation, they would win if he plays well.

Trollsmasher
05-16-2014, 11:15 PM
* Westbrook has no excuse

Durant is a sidekick

Ancient Legend
05-16-2014, 11:25 PM
* Westbrook has no excuse

Durant is a sidekick

This.

SwishSquared
05-17-2014, 12:14 AM
I don't expect the Thunder to win a title without Ibaka, as he's their best defender overall. However, I don't think people can line up the excuses for the Thunder prior to the series. Parker's hammy won't be 100% for each game in that series most likely and he's critical for the Spurs, and I haven't heard Spurs fans making excuses yet.

Durant has stepped up during this past regular season when a key player went down- if he wants to have a memorable playoff run, then he overpowers OKC past SAS. So far, he's been very lucky to get to WCF with playing awful (compared to normal standards) in what seems like half his playoff games. He's lucky Westbrook's "great" games have coincided with his terrible outings to keep them afloat at times.

If he plays amazing and OKC loses a tight, competitive series, I won't blame him entirely. However, LBJ went OFF vs. Indy once Bosh went down and was forced to carry Wade through most games in last year's playoffs. If Durant wants to surpass current LBJ, he's gonna need to prove it in the face of adversity.

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:14 AM
As much as you bitch about the minimal amount of bad calls in Miami games, it's weird that you seem to be completely silent about the insane officiating in OKC games.

I have complained about it in other series too(Clippers v OKC), but let's not forget Miami has the best player in the game and huge marketability. There is more reason to influence Miami games than any other team in the league.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:29 AM
I have complained about it in other series too(Clippers v OKC), but let's not forget Miami has the best player in the game and huge marketability. There is more reason to influence Miami games than any other team in the league.
There no reason to influence Miami games. They don't end it.