PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Jordan vs Dwight Howard

AintNoSunshine
05-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Can anybody tell me what makes them different players?

Both could jump out of the building when Dwight wasn't injured, great defensive big.

Both very limited offensively, although Dwight has slowly picked a few post moves.

Why is it that Dwight was averaging close to 20ppg I think when he had his own team and was regarded as a top 5 player when at his peak. But Jordan was only seen as a role player?

They've always raved about how Howard was such a freak of nature that people compared him to Shaq, but is he stronger than Jordan? Was he more athletic? I don't think they're that different in this regards. Skillwise, neither of them could do much offensively.

Jameerthefear
05-16-2014, 09:06 PM
lol

Mr Exlax
05-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Go look at the season before D12 got hurt and that season. The nigggga had post moves. His defensive IQ is much higher than DJo as well. D12 is a better passer and could hit that fugly elbow jumper at a decent clip.

JohnFreeman
05-16-2014, 09:12 PM
He played well against the Blazers.

Rocketswin2013
05-16-2014, 09:14 PM
DJ and D12 are so alike they could be related. But Howard, even now, has significantly more basketball skills.

Swaggin916
05-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Dwight is a significantly better offensive player and slightly better defensive player. DJ has come a long way though... he's decent around the rim now with little hook shots. He won't have to develop an offensive game on that team with Griffen though... If he was a featured player he could probably get fairly efficient but still would be a little spastic I think.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-16-2014, 09:22 PM
howard is ten times better.
more skilled, a slightly worse defender bur ten times better on offense and DeAndre got exposed vs OKC quite a bit, tho i admit it was because of the refs too.
if Deandre ever learns a few post moves and gets his Ft-shooting to over 55% we can talk. i doubt that will ever happen doe:confusedshrug:

Rocketswin2013
05-16-2014, 09:23 PM
more skilled, a slightly worse defender bur ten times better on offense and DeAndre got exposed vs OKC quite a bit, tho i admit it was because of the refs too.
if Deandre ever learns a few post moves and gets his Ft-shooting to over 55% we can talk. i doubt that will ever happen doe:confusedshrug:
Agreed

SwishSquared
05-17-2014, 12:57 AM
SVG developed Dwight veryyyy well. I give Doc major credit- he unlocked some of DJ's potential, which Del Negro just could not do. If DJ had a good coach all these years, he maybe could have been more of an all-around player now.

DJ's taller and longer than Dwight, but I think Dwight has more upper and lower body strength. DJ also wants to murder the rim on every attempt, which causes him to miss (when he easily could just lay it in). Dwight in Orlando was a little smarter about how to put the ball in the basket and worked hard in PnRs and catching lobs out of post-ups to get the ball. Dwight still has better defensive instincts and understanding, but DJ's improved a lot. In ORL, Dwight was a one-man defensive wrecking crew.

The Orlando team was also completely built around Dwight, whereas CP3 & Blake run the Clips show. If DJ keeps this up though, he could end up as a real terror for the next 3-5 years.

stalkerforlife
05-17-2014, 12:58 AM
:biggums:

Akrazotile
05-17-2014, 01:03 AM
Dwight routinely gets 20+ playing the post if you dont double him, even if his game is ugly as sin. That opens it up for shooters outside.

Jordan routinely gets 8 a night and most of those are on lobs. He is no consistent threat in the post whatsoever. Thus it opens up nothing.

Defensively they might be comparable at this point but id still take prime dwight.

YouGotServed
05-17-2014, 01:05 AM
Can anybody tell me what makes them different players?

Both could jump out of the building when Dwight wasn't injured, great defensive big.

Both very limited offensively, although Dwight has slowly picked a few post moves.

Why is it that Dwight was averaging close to 20ppg I think when he had his own team and was regarded as a top 5 player when at his peak. But Jordan was only seen as a role player?

They've always raved about how Howard was such a freak of nature that people compared him to Shaq, but is he stronger than Jordan? Was he more athletic? I don't think they're that different in this regards. Skillwise, neither of them could do much offensively.

Kill yourself. An idiot like you doesn't deserve to live.

Smoke117
05-17-2014, 01:21 AM

A Worse defensive player? What? Deandre Jordan had a good year defensively, but he had other players he was playing with that actually helped out. That the Rockets were even ranked 13th in defense is because of Dwight Howard. James Harden and Chandler Parsons' who literally both have a claim to being the worst defenders on the team lead the team in mpg and minutes played. The clippers were only 5 spots better defensively overall being 8 to the Rockets 13th and with much better defensive players. Only an idiot would say Deandre Jordan is a better defensive player than Dwight Howard.

It's not Howard's fault he plays for a horrible coach and is forced to play with players that play no defense. Okur and him (and maybe Lin he's really actually a decent defensive player) are the only players who did ANYTHING defensively. Deandre Jordan is not a better defensive player and isn't even CLOSE to Dwight before he hurt his back.

jdm_dc_fan
05-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Lets put it this way; Switch D12 with DJ and OKC would be fishing right now and rockets would have lost in 5. :pimp:

LilEddyCurry
05-17-2014, 03:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWRgOwC2jw8

GimmeThat
05-17-2014, 04:26 AM
DeAndrew Jordan could be a Tyson Chandler type player

Who has won a DPOY

a .60% FG percentage doesn't hurt either