PDA

View Full Version : NBA is Reportedly Considering "Disenfranchising" the Clippers

AirTupac
05-16-2014, 11:30 PM
https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/467418271117889536

And apparently Rick Bonnell isn't some fraud

For those who don't know who he is: Rick Bonnell is the Bobcats beat writer. He's 100% reliable when it comes to anything Bobcats related but I'm not sure if he's 100% reliable with other info. I can guarantee you that he isn't the sort of writer that would make shit up to get attention.

bagelred
05-16-2014, 11:40 PM
I think this Clippers thing is way out of hand. All this over a private conversation? Illegally recorded and distributed?

Droid101
05-16-2014, 11:42 PM
I think this Clippers thing is way out of hand. All this over a private conversation? Illegally recorded and distributed?
Wasn't illegally recorded, he stated on the record that he authorized it.

Plus, legality doesn't matter, he's not being charged with a crime.

WTF people, stop defending an asshole billionaire. He's rich, he'll be fine.

Sarcastic
05-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Seattle gets a team!!!

DO IT SILVER

flipogb
05-16-2014, 11:44 PM
too late to think about how his racism got out, fact is the players/sponsors/fans have show us how they feel and they are all that matter in the end to the other owners who are in it to make money, which is something that Sterling will affect negatively.

Springsteen

It's too late for the NBA, perception-wise. Through media wildfire the average person thinks that a hardline-bigot owns the team (sort of true), and it's pretty clear there would be serious issues from the current players on the Clippers over staying on a team branded as "racist". To add to this mess, it seems Lebron is going to stage a players-boycott after the season is done.

What other choice does Adam Silver have?

stalkerforlife
Clippers should go to Seattle and be renamed the Seattle Sterlings.

SpecialQue
05-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Here's some lame shit from this Twitter feed:

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 5h

@AcrossTheCourt_ Please stop implying I reported that. I did not. I saw it on CNN.

Yet so far he's the first person to be stating this online, where he knows it'll spread like wildfire.

poido123
05-16-2014, 11:47 PM
The ramifications of those comments, the aftermath and backlash from the media/ex-players/players, will filter all the way to the sponsors of the Clippers and can even damage the NBA's image and its sponsors.

I can see this as an option, the league wants to rid of this cancer spreading all over the NBA and its reputation.

It truly got out of hand, but this is the price of stupidity sometimes.

SpecialQue
05-16-2014, 11:50 PM
The ramifications of those comments, the aftermath and backlash from the media/ex-players/players, will filter all the way to the sponsors of the Clippers and can even damage the NBA's image and its sponsors.

I can see this as an option, the league wants to rid of this cancer spreading all over the NBA and its reputation.

It truly got out of hand, but this is the price of stupidity sometimes.

If it gets to that point, how bad of a loss is it? The Clippers have no legacy. It's not like Seattle losing the Sonics. The Clippers have no championships, no rabid fanbase, and were the biggest joke in the NBA until a few seasons ago. And it's not like the city didn't already have a team before Sterling decided to move them in order to bask in the Hollywood lifestyle. This is actually a viable option.

Springsteen
05-16-2014, 11:53 PM
If it gets to that point, how bad of a loss is it? The Clippers have no legacy. It's not like Seattle losing the Sonics. The Clippers have no championships, no rabid fanbase, and were the biggest joke in the NBA until a few seasons ago. And it's not like the city didn't already have a team before Sterling decided to move them in order to bask in the Hollywood lifestyle. This is actually a viable option.

where will billy crystal go :cry:

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 11:57 PM
I actually think its a good idea. LA doesn't need 2 teams. Get rid of the LA Clippers and give a city like Seattle a team.

Kiddlovesnets
05-16-2014, 11:58 PM
I actually think its a good idea. LA doesn't need 2 teams. Get rid of the LA Clippers and give a city like Seattle a team.

Didnt the Clippers come from San Diego? Just move them back to San Diego and the old San Diego Clippers will be back.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Didnt the Clippers come from San Diego? Just move them back to San Diego and the old San Diego Clippers will be back.
I could think of a bunch of cities that should get a team before San Diego.

Seattle
Kansas City
S&t Louis

I just hope they do something lame like move the team from LA to....... Anaheim.

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:03 AM

Look, I really don't care too much about the Clippers. If it's better for the NBA, then I guess it's better for everyone. I never understood the NBA having 2 teams from the same city, even if they just get relocated back to San Diego and rename them or give an opportunity to open a whole new franchise, then I think they should look it that.

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:06 AM

Seattle
Kansas City
S&t Louis

I just hope they do something lame like move the team from LA to....... Anaheim.

Isn't that city a run down, old industrial crime hole that reflects more a Detroit than a New York City?

I'd be more inclined to give Seattle back their team. That's a city that deserves their team back.

BlazerRed
05-17-2014, 12:09 AM
Seattle gets a team!!!

DO IT SILVER
YES! :bowdown:

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:10 AM
Isn't that city a run down, old industrial crime hole that reflects more a Detroit than a New York City?

I'd be more inclined to give Seattle back their team. That's a city that deserves their team back.
Seattle definitely would be the best choice.

dbugz
Sonics! :bowdown:

BlazerRed
Numbersix, the first time someone has quoted him and I'm glad I saw his post :applause:

coin24
05-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Overkill level 9000

Yeah he's an old racist, so what. Did he really hurt anyone??
People making out they're still enslaved on the cotton fields or some shit:facepalm

bluechox2
05-17-2014, 12:15 AM
where ever chris paul goes, that team ends up relocating

coin24
05-17-2014, 12:18 AM
where ever chris paul goes, that team ends up never making it out of the second round

Fixed:cheers:

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Overkill level 9000

People making out they're still enslaved on the cotton fields or some shit:facepalm

:lol

No, but there's no denying the mess left behind after those comments. NBA in patch up job mode.

longtime lurker
05-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Why move the team to Seattle when the owner is obviously the problem? No reason that the Clippers couldn't be hugely successful in LA under a better owner.

gts
05-17-2014, 12:21 AM
Overkill level 9000

People making out they're still enslaved on the cotton fields or some shit:facepalm 20 sponsors gone... according to Larry Coon on the radio the other day that's roughly 25 million in missed revenue during the playoffs alone...

yeah I'd say he hurt some folks seeing how 1/3 of that gets split up between all the teams and another chunk goes to the league playoff pool that the players get their checks from once the season ends

SpecialQue
05-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Overkill level 9000

He's a toxic presence in a league that's constantly concerned about its image. Doesn't matter what he did, the public at large hates the guy and him sticking around hurts the league's profits if sponsors start pulling out. Plus players are working in Sterling's favor by saying they'll sit out games if he's still an owner.

It's not overkill at all. Sterling needs to go if the league wants to continue making money.

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Why move the team to Seattle when the owner is obviously the problem? No reason that the Clippers couldn't be hugely successful in LA under a better owner.

The owner is the reason why the Clippers now have a bad name, and whenever anyone brings up the Clippers anymore, they will always think of or talk about the racism shit that happened.

It's better to sweep the team under the carpet and turn over a new leaf with a brand new team, or feel good story Seattle Supersonics.

gts
05-17-2014, 12:24 AM

When the team is sold there's rumors that the Seattle group that made a run at the Kings is waiting in the wings... Not sure if they'd move the team, I agree I can't see why they would, LA is definitely a better market than Seattle

plus I think they have another 11 years on their lease at Staples... Staples isn't going to let that money walk out of town so the payoff to get out of that lease would be massive

JimmyMcAdocious
05-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Let's go south. Mexico City Tijeras

Collie
05-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Overkill level 9000

The NBA just wants to get rid of Sterling. The racism thing was just the excuse they needed.

coin24
The owner is the reason why the Clippers now have a bad name, and whenever anyone brings up the Clippers anymore, they will always think of or talk about the racism shit that happened.

It's better to sweep the team under the carpet and turn over a new leaf with a brand new team, or feel good story Seattle Supersonics.

The racism shit? You mean a private conversation?
PC overkill. It's not like he was sitting on his porch shooting slaves come on..

Oh poor league it might only make $20b this year instead of $20.01b.
It's a slippery slope to force someone to sell an asset this size over a comment he made. I don't like racism but unfortunately it exists and moving the team doesn't solve that.
Maybe the league should focus on its piss poor reffing and game rigging

poido123
20 sponsors gone... according to Larry Coon on the radio the other day that's roughly 25 million in missed revenue during the playoffs alone...

yeah I'd say he hurt some folks seeing how 1/3 of that gets split up between all the teams and another chunk goes to the league playoff pool that the players get their checks from once the season ends

:eek: Crazy.

And to think an innocent chat with a no good, 2 buck hooker GF would turn into this mess is mindblowing.

The Clippers name is tarnished to the point, no sponsor wants a bar of them. Clippers being disenfranchised makes alot of sense.

coin24
05-17-2014, 12:30 AM
The NBA just wants to get rid of Sterling. The racism thing was just the excuse they needed.

Bingo:applause:

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:31 AM
The racism shit? You mean a private conversation?
PC overkill. It's not like he was sitting on his porch shooting slaves come on..

Oh poor league it might only make $20b this year instead of $20.01b.
It's a slippery slope to force someone to sell an asset this size over a comment he made. I don't like racism but unfortunately it exists and moving the team doesn't solve that.
Maybe the league should focus on its piss poor reffing and game rigging

Nevertheless, the league won't fck with their profits.

The league will put anything under the bus to ensure their profits are taken care of.

Droid101
05-17-2014, 12:32 AM
More idiots defending a racist asshole who DID harm people (through all the housing discrimination).

The billionaire will be fine. Why do you people keep defending him? It makes YOU look like racist assholes, too.

NumberSix

And to think an innocent chat with a no good, 2 buck hooker GF would turn into this mess is mindblowing.

The Clippers name is tarnished to the point, no sponsor wants a bar of them. Clippers being disenfranchised makes alot of sense.
I'm surprised you even care about Sterling's comments. They're not even close to "racist" by Australian standards.

longtime lurker

I agree but getting rid of Sterling should solve this problem. Not only is Sterling a shitty human being he was a terrible owner. LA is an amazing market that can be taken advantage of with the right ownership. Just imagine if a guy like Cuban owned the Clippers. The league literally gift wrapped Chris Paul to the Clippers and Sterling still found a way to screw it up. Location isn't the problem, it's squarely on the ownership.

When the team is sold there's rumors that the Seattle group that made a run at the Kings is waiting in the wings... Not sure if they'd move the team, I agree I can't see why they would, LA is definitely a better market than Seattle

plus I think they have another 11 years on their lease at Staples... Staples isn't going to let that money walk out of town so the payoff to get out of that lease would be massive

Exactly. LA is a great market that can support two teams provided a quality product is put on the floor. I feel for Seattle, but moving the Clippers from LA doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:33 AM
I'm surprised you even care about Sterling's comments. They're not even close to "racist" by Australian standards.

LOL, I'm a breath of fresh air.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:33 AM
More idiots defending a racist asshole who DID harm people (through all the housing discrimination).

The billionaire will be fine. Why do you people keep defending him? It makes YOU look like racist assholes, too.
Translation: "PLEASE argue with me. I want to be involved in conversations."

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:34 AM
LOL, I'm a breath of fresh air.
Are you of British decent?

Rocketswin2013
05-17-2014, 12:35 AM
If this happens....what will happen with all that talent? Griffin? Paul? Will they be FA's? Man, clear some cap space, Morey.

Smook A.
05-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Beautiful.

http://i.imgur.com/yHz1W5n.jpg

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:37 AM
I agree but getting rid of Sterling should solve this problem. Not only is Sterling a shitty human being he was a terrible owner. LA is an amazing market that can be taken advantage of with the right ownership. Just imagine if a guy like Cuban owned the Clippers. The league literally gift wrapped Chris Paul to the Clippers and Sterling still found a way to screw it up. Location isn't the problem, it's squarely on the ownership.

Exactly. LA is a great market that can support two teams provided a quality product is put on the floor. I feel for Seattle, but moving the Clippers from LA doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

I have no problem with a team staying in LA, but I'd support a name change and obviously a new owner, black preferably :lol

Im Still Ballin
05-17-2014, 12:37 AM
your all bitches.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Seattle Sooper Chronics

Smook A.
your all bitches.
You're*

longtime lurker

Most likely they are racist assholes if you look at their posting history. :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
I have no problem with a team staying in LA, but I'd support a name change and obviously a new owner, black preferably :lol
Why?

MavsSuperFan
05-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Why?
It would make a lot of people uncomfortable

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Are you of British decent?

We were colonised by the British, I have British decent yes.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Soo..... You're aboriginal?

Black Mamba's B
05-17-2014, 12:42 AM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:biggums:

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Why?

It's something governments, organisations do when there is an issue of racism. They will appoint the race that were affected into power or reward them somehow and call it a day.

In Australia, there were racist comments said about a footballer Adam Goodes in the media and also in the crowd of the game. The government decided to make him "Australian of the Year" in light of that racial damage.

Smook A.
05-17-2014, 12:47 AM
You have African decent too. We all do

poido123
Soo..... You're aboriginal?

I see where you're going here, technically I am British, along with French going back into my heritage line.

Aboriginal people only account for something like 2% of Australia's population, so no, I'm technically an immigrant.

NumberSix
It's something governments, organisations do when there is an issue of racism. They will appoint the race that were affected into power or reward them somehow and call it a day.

In Australia, there were racist comments said about a footballer Adam Goodes in the media and also in the crowd of the game. The government decided to make him "Australian of the Year" in light of that racial damage.
Oh, so if a Japanese-American wants to buy the team, we say "fυck you. Black only"?

Yeah, that's a great solution to private harmless racism. Actual systemic racism.

gts
05-17-2014, 12:48 AM
If this happens....J what will happen with all that talent? Griffin? Paul? Will they be FA's? Man, clear some cap space, Morey.

it would remain the contracts would all be the same, this is just another way of taking care of business

Some quick reading just now and this is really nothing different than what has already been discussed, just a slightly different way to oust Sterling.. The thinking is this is an option if he tries to hide behind the Sterling family trust or of Shelly Sterling insists on being an owner,

It's not the nuclear option that it sounds like because there's language in the League bylaws that prevent the team from actually becoming disbanded and would actually continue on business as usual.. it's just a scarier word disenfranchised"

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:49 AM
I see where you're going here, technically I am British, along with French going back into my heritage line.

Aboriginal people only account for something like 2% of Australia's population, so no, I'm technically an immigrant.
Not going anywhere with it. Just thought it was odd that you said "we" were colonized by the British when in fact you should have said "we colonized Australia".

Brokenbeat
05-17-2014, 12:52 AM
You have African decent too. We all do

http://blogs.babycenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/jimmy-fallon-ew.gif

poido123
05-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Oh, so if a Japanese-American wants to buy the team, we say "fυck you. Black only"?

Yeah, that's a great solution to private harmless racism. Actual systemic racism.

Like America, cultural differences are complex and are hard to understand unless you have grown up in that country.

To answer your question, no, but someone of different race to white would be a smart PR move. I have no problem with anyone being the owner of any race if they are good enough for the job, but to smooth over what has just happened? I think a different race owner would be a good way to forget the past, especially if the team remained in LA.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Like America, cultural differences are complex and are hard to understand unless you have grown up in that country.

To answer your question, no, but someone of different race to white would be a smart PR move. I have no problem with anyone being the owner of any race if they are good enough for the job, but to smooth over what has just happened? I think a different race owner would be a good way to forget the past, especially if the team remained in LA.
So in short.... All whites should be punished for Sterling's actions?

All Jews too, or just all whites?

Smook A.
05-17-2014, 12:58 AM
http://blogs.babycenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/jimmy-fallon-ew.gif
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bye.gif

poido123
05-17-2014, 01:00 AM
Not going anywhere with it. Just thought it was odd that you said "we" were colonized by the British when in fact you should have said "we colonized Australia".

We regard ourselves as Australians, which is technically correct, since Australians is not the aboriginal name they would give themselves if we hadn't of colonised what we know as Australia. In fact, the day we did colonise Australia, they know that day as 'Invasion day'.

So there, starts the awkward process of integrating an aboriginal society that really is still unhappy we took it over in the first place. We have a history of mistreating the aboriginal people, so there's alot of issues that come from that and our settlement.

poido123
05-17-2014, 01:02 AM

You get what I'm saying, now you're just trying to fish for a racist bone in my body I don't have.

Rocketswin2013
05-17-2014, 01:03 AM
it would remain the contracts would all be the same, this is just another way of taking care of business

Some quick reading just now and this is really nothing different than what has already been discussed, just a slightly different way to oust Sterling.. The thinking is this is an option if he tries to hide behind the Sterling family trust or of Shelly Sterling insists on being an owner,

It's not the nuclear option that it sounds like because there's language in the League bylaws that prevent the team from actually becoming disbanded and would actually continue on business as usual.. it's just a scarier word disenfranchised"
:cheers: Thanks for the clarification.

longtime lurker
05-17-2014, 01:05 AM
You get what I'm saying, now you're just trying to fish for a racist bone in my body I don't have.

Don't mind Numbersix. He's a sad bitter bigot. You literally said nothing close to what he just wrote.

Brokenbeat
05-17-2014, 01:06 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bye.gif

http://www.runningoffthereeses.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_mek55unFL41r6fshmo4_250.gif

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 01:06 AM
I really don't. I think the suggestion that any racial consideration should be taken is disgusting. That kind of thing should have nothing to do with it. Racial preference has no place in business decisions like this.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 01:08 AM
Don't mind Numbersix. He's a sad bitter bigot. You literally said nothing close to what he just wrote.
He literally just said the new owner should be any race that is non-white. THAT is racism.

Race should have absolutely 0 to do with who the new owner will be.

Call me a "bigot" for being AGAINST racial discrimination. Makes sense.

COnDEMnED
05-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Beautiful.

http://i.imgur.com/yHz1W5n.jpg
It would have to be Super Sonics. The Sonics actually have a history, the Clippers have none.

poido123
05-17-2014, 01:10 AM

:cheers:

He's alright, just annoying sometimes.

gts
05-17-2014, 01:13 AM
:cheers: Thanks for the clarification. no problem

further reading and searching this feels like an idea a sports attorney that specializes in sports franchise law floated i'm not seeing any direct links back to the NBA itself or anything where anyone is quoting the NBA as this being a possible scenario.. i'm not even finding the normal anonymous source

poido123
05-17-2014, 01:14 AM
He literally just said the new owner should be any race that is non-white. THAT is racism.

Then if you are saying it's a business decision, then why do governments and organisations do exactly what I'm saying if all it is is a business decision? It's more than that, which is why organisations/governments take these kind of measures to ensure it doesn't happen again. In a way, it's like an informal sorry, showing that it doesn't reflect the attitudes and beliefs of everyone and here's what we are prepared to do to honour that mistake.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 01:16 AM
Then if you are saying it's a business decision, then why do governments and organisations do exactly what I'm saying if all it is is a business decision? It's more than that, which is why organisations/governments take these kind of measures to ensure it doesn't happen again. In a way, it's like an informal sorry, showing that it doesn't reflect the attitudes and beliefs of everyone and here's what we are prepared to do to honour that mistake.
You don't replace 1 racial preference with another racial preference. You say "we are not doing ANY racial preferences".

It's immoral to choose to do business with one person over another because of race. Race has no place in it.

longtime lurker
05-17-2014, 01:17 AM

God damn you're an idiot.

Please tell me how you interpret that as anyone who is non white should be the owner. You've been a complete moron when it comes to the Sterling topic, but it's obvious to anyone that in the short term having a minority owner would bring positive PR. I know you like to twist everything as a conspiracy against the "white man" but you should try leaving your little bubble that you live in sometime.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 01:21 AM
God damn you're an idiot.

Please tell me how you interpret that as anyone who is non white should be the owner. You've been a complete moron when it comes to the Sterling topic, but it's obvious to anyone that in the short term having a minority owner would bring positive PR. I know you like to twist everything as a conspiracy against the "white man" but you should try leaving your little bubble that you live in sometime.
When have I ever said anything even remotely like that?

Who even says I'm white? I'm originally from a small island you've probably never heard of. Why makes you assume you know where I'm from or what race I am?

I guess anyone who has ethical issues with the Sterling situation MUST be a "racist", huh? And anyone who is a "racist" MUST be "white".

:facepalm

tpols
05-17-2014, 01:25 AM
Ridiculous to sell to someone based on their race.. It's the same thing either way

poido123
05-17-2014, 01:25 AM

Who even says I'm white? I'm originally from a small island you've probably never heard of. Why makes you assume you know where I'm from or what race I am?

I guess anyone who has ethical issues with the Sterling situation MUST be a "racist", huh? And anyone who is a "racist" MUST be "white".

Our opinions really don't impact what will actually happen at the end of the day. We have derailed this thread enough don't you think?

Let's just talk about the issue specifically and not get caught up in the racial thing. I'm talking about appointing a person of different race as a smart PR move, not solely because of the racial implications. In a way, that is a business decision?

As long as Sterling is replaced, I really don't care.

longtime lurker
05-17-2014, 01:41 AM

I've seen your posting history.

It's only racist if its by whites against non whites. No matter how racist something is against whites, it never counts. It's just brushed off or excuses are made why it's ok to hate white people.

On the other end though, everything a white person says about a non white is evil racism. If if nothing racist is said, it's "code language".

Non-white people in America are the ones who have regulations to give them preferential treatment.

When does anyone EVER get any extra benefit from simply being white?

I'll give you 3 guesses at who posted what I quoted above. And I like how you ignore your blatant misrepresentation of what poido said and try to make this discussion about you. Obvious move for a guy that's shown he's been wrong on many occasions.

poido123
05-17-2014, 01:47 AM

I'll give you 3 guesses at who posted what I quoted above. And I like how you ignore your blatant misrepresentation of what poido said and try to make this discussion about you. Obvious move for a guy that's shown he's been wrong on many occasions.

Damn, he really said all that? :eek:

COnDEMnED
05-17-2014, 02:24 AM
If this actually happens, I'm planning on canceling my Netflix and Playstation Plus subscriptions. The only entertainment I'll ever need for the foreseeable future is hunting down CF86 on whatever bottom dwelling forum he inhabits, and watch him go insane on a daily basis.

JUDGE WITNESS
05-17-2014, 02:25 AM
seattle clippers :applause:

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 03:25 AM

What's wrong with any of those statements?

Legends66NBA7
05-17-2014, 03:26 AM

Seattle
Kansas City
S&t Louis

How about Vancouver and Montreal ?

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 03:28 AM
Damn, he really said all that? :eek:
What he does is post things I said without context. Like how I just said to you...

I'm mockingly responding to you in the context of the conversation.

You'll see one post started with "On the other end"......

Ont the other end of what?

Omitting context.

Here are the first 2 quotes.

http://i.imgur.com/r3EbZFB.png

In a thread about Jay-Z and Carmelo wearing symbols of a cult known for hating white people, some posters were justifying it so I mockingly said "Oh yes, it's only racist if it's not white" mocking the double standard and justification of some racism over other racism.

Here's the link to the thread. Feel free to read it in it's entirety and judge the context for yourself.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331182

ThePhantomCreep
05-17-2014, 03:34 AM

Sorry, nobody is paying $1 billion for the Clippers so they can move them to small markets like San Diego or Seattle. They're staying in LA, where monsters television contracts are given to the local teams like candy.

poido123
05-17-2014, 03:43 AM
What he does is post things I said without context. Like how I just said to you...

I'm mockingly responding to you in the context of the conversation.

You'll see one post started with "On the other end"......

Ont the other end of what?

Omitting context.

Here are the first 2 quotes.

http://i.imgur.com/r3EbZFB.png

In a thread about Jay-Z and Carmelo wearing symbols of a cult known for hating white people, some posters were justifying it so I mockingly said "Oh yes, it's only racist if it's not white" mocking the double standard and justification of some racism over other racism.

Here's the link to the thread. Feel free to read it in it's entirety and judge the context for yourself.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331182&page=

Fair enough.

ThePhantomCreep
05-17-2014, 03:55 AM
Non-white people in America are the ones who have regulations to give them preferential treatment.

Lol @ the "oppressed" privileged majority. Centuries of severe racial discrimination against minorities have given whites a disproportionate share of the wealth in this country but that's not enough for some of them, no. They want the power to degrade minorities publicly without fear of reprisal too. Otherwise they're being held back.

GTFOH.

GimmeThat
05-17-2014, 04:45 AM
I thought Silver said he wasn't considering letting Clippers player become FA

Disenfranchising is just another way of saying "we'll fire all current Clippers employee in order for the new owner to start its new hiring process anew"

I think if the employees knowingly knew Sterling was a racist, and had supported his action by being employed, then yes, this might be nessecary. Which means, we should also look into the ban of all current Clippers players.

Unless we are saying that being employed by a racist, even knowing it, does not mean you are supporting its action.

Are people allowed to be employed by an owner/system knowing it has its flaw? Well, if not, this world would be full owners without employees wouldn't it

Lebron23
05-17-2014, 04:49 AM
Seattle and vegas wants an nba team.

rmt
05-17-2014, 04:51 AM
too late to think about how his racism got out, fact is the players/sponsors/fans have show us how they feel and they are all that matter in the end to the other owners who are in it to make money, which is something that Sterling will affect negatively.

Listen to Chris Paul and Griffin's post-game interviews. They couldn't care two hoots about Sterling. What they care about is getting paid and winning. They don't care if he's racist - exactly how much contact do you think they have with him personally? Probably not much and even then, so what, the world's full of people who think all kinds of crazy stuff. Doesn't affect their lives at all.

Waaaay overblown by the media and everyone jumping on board to condemn someone when most everyone has said something in private that they wouldn't want broadcasted all over the world.

Ball So Harden
05-17-2014, 05:19 AM

But that doesn't solve the Sterling situation. Disenfranchising the team does.

BlazerRed
05-17-2014, 05:27 AM
I can't imagine Vegas being able to keep a consistent crowd.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Lol @ the "oppressed" privileged majority. Centuries of severe racial discrimination against minorities have given whites a disproportionate share of the wealth in this country but that's not enough for some of them, no. They want the power to degrade minorities publicly without fear of reprisal too. Otherwise they're being held back.

GTFOH.
1) the idea of "privilege" is really stupid and is really a Marxist/communist ideology.

2) I'm not even sure if whites do in fact have a disproportionate amount of the wealth in America, but if they do, what is so odd about that?america began as a British colony. Everybody is not on equal ground. One group created the country. Why should EVERYBODY have the right to show up to somebody else's house and immediately enjoy the fruits of what somebody else created?

Personally, I think they should, but not everybody thinks like me. I think race/ethnicity has no place in business in America. Every person should be judged by their merits and not their ancestry. That my opinion but other people are free to think differently.

3) nobody is arguing that anybody should be degraded, but it guess that depends on your definition of degradation.

HurricaneKid
05-17-2014, 03:13 PM
1) the idea of "privilege" is really stupid and is really a Marxist/communist ideology.

2) I'm not even sure if whites do in fact have a disproportionate amount of the wealth in America, but if they do, what is so odd about that?america began as a British colony. Everybody is not on equal ground. One group created the country. Why should EVERYBODY have the right to show up to somebody else's house and immediately enjoy the fruits of what somebody else created?

Personally, I think they should, but not everybody thinks like me. I think race/ethnicity has no place in business in America. Every person should be judged by their merits and not their ancestry. That my opinion but other people are free to think differently.

3) nobody is arguing that anybody should be degraded, but it guess that depends on your definition of degradation.

Is this for serious? Did you just say whites SHOULD have a disproportionate amount of wealth in America? Donald Sterling just shook his head when he say that.

Say race shouldn't be a factor next time. It makes you sound like less of a bigot.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Is this for serious? Did you just say whites SHOULD have a disproportionate amount of wealth in America? Donald Sterling just shook his head when he say that.

Say race shouldn't be a factor next time. It makes you sound like less of a bigot.
How incredibly bad are your reading skills? I literally just said that I think race shouldn't be a factor.

And, no I didn't say whites SHOULD have a disproportionate amount of wealth. I said I wasn't even sure if they did, but assuming they do, it's not out of the ordinary.

I think race/ethnicity has no place in business in America. Every person should be judged by their merits and not their ancestry. That my opinion but other people are free to think differently
What about this was difficult to understand?

Jesus fcuking Christ dude. Step up your reading comprehension.

MavsSuperFan
05-17-2014, 04:01 PM
If they do disenfranchise do all clips become free agents?
What is the difference from just moving the team.
Is it possible to disenfranchise and stay in the same city?

:lol at all the sterling sympathizers
"But, but he was only expressing his thoughts":cry: :cry: :cry:

flipogb
05-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Lakers pretty much have no players left other than Kobe, lets just combine them lol

gts
05-17-2014, 04:07 PM
I can't imagine Vegas being able to keep a consistent crowd.

I tend to agree with you but if the team was a top notch team you might be able to lure in enough of the transient population on a nightly basis to fill the stands...

But if the team sucks forget it people have way to many options in Vegas to be using their money on

gts
05-17-2014, 04:10 PM
If they do disenfranchise do all clips become free agents?
What is the difference from just moving the team.
Is it possible to disenfranchise and stay in the same city?

:lol at all the sterling sympathizers
"But, but he was only expressing his thoughts":cry: :cry: :cry:

No they don't, from what I read last night disenfranchising an NBA team is a lot different than say a McDonalds...

There's articles in the NBA bylaws that state the team will stay pretty much intact as is so it can be sold... It's actually not much different than just voting the owner out, just a different way of doing depending on the ownership structure of the Clippers

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Moving the team to Seattle would pretty much erase the controversy. It would be a good move all around.

05-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Seattle gets a team!!!

DO IT SILVER

Seconded! :pimp:

BasedTom
05-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Neither deserve it.

Seattle should get its history and Supersonics back. CP3 Blake and Deandre might heal the wound, but it wouldn't change the fact that David Stern and Clay Bennet conspired to kill one of the storied teams in the NBA. For the money.

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Neither deserve it.

Seattle should get its history and Supersonics back. CP3 Blake and Deandre might heal the wound, but it wouldn't change the fact that David Stern and Clay Bennet conspired to kill one of the storied teams in the NBA. For the money.
This. The idea that OKC are considered former champions is just dumb.

aboss4real24
05-17-2014, 04:50 PM
**** seattle irrelevant ass city :lol

BasedTom
05-17-2014, 04:59 PM
I also fail to see how relocating the Clippers would punish Sterling more than it would the players and fanbase. Sterling would still be a billionaire or whatever making a ton of money. Sending them to Seattle or San Diego might even benefit Sterling since he wouldn't have to compete with the Lakers as much.

Unless they send the Clippers to Camden, NJ or Gary, Indiana, or East Saint Louis or something then I don't understand how relocation is a punishment to anyone but the players and fans.

gts
05-17-2014, 05:06 PM
I also fail to see how relocating the Clippers would punish Sterling more than it would the players and fanbase. Sterling would still be a billionaire or whatever making a ton of money. Sending them to Seattle or San Diego might even benefit Sterling since he wouldn't have to compete with the Lakers as much.

Unless they send the Clippers to Camden, NJ or Gary, Indiana, or East Saint Louis or something then I don't understand how relocation is a punishment to anyone but the players and fans.

Sterling would be gone either way...

AnaheimLakers24
05-17-2014, 05:57 PM

Seattle
Kansas City
S&t Louis

:applause: yes we need a team here. will give me more chaces t see lakeshow and more chancesto call cpflop a gaylord

sd3035
05-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Why didn't they react like that when Sterling didn't want to pay JJ redick much because he was white?

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Why didn't they react like that when Sterling didn't want to pay JJ redick much because he was white?
I never heard of that until recently. Was that even a known thing before the TMZ tapes? I never heard it.

dreamwarrior
05-17-2014, 07:13 PM
It's the sponsors jumping ship that's really the cause of the NBA having to act on this. They have to protect their image.

All Net
05-18-2014, 04:47 AM
Seems stupid to me

Just get rid of sterling.

BlazerRed
05-18-2014, 05:00 AM
**** seattle irrelevant ass city :lol
**** you ******

comerb
05-18-2014, 05:46 AM
Wasn't illegally recorded, he stated on the record that he authorized it.

Plus, legality doesn't matter, he's not being charged with a crime.

WTF people, stop defending an asshole billionaire. He's rich, he'll be fine.

You need to calm your tits. He's right, the whole thing is getting way out of hand when your talking about disenfranchising a club.

DCL
05-18-2014, 06:12 AM
if they got disenfranchised or moved to north dakota, i would still hold the clippers in the same regard: not give a shit. :lol

AcquiringSteak
05-18-2014, 06:55 AM
#sonicsrevival

#playoffs2015