PDA

View Full Version : Does people SERIOUSLY give OKC no chance to win against the Spurs?

robert_shaww
05-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Is this real?

Come on...Duncan and Ginobili are too old...Parker is half injured, belinelli, diaw and grenn didnt play good this playoffs.

OKC has 2 of the best 3 players in the league...(if you want, 2 of the best 5...) spurs cant win against OKC...period.

Ibaka is a good defensive player, but going small will be great for OKC...jackson is another spur killer...

Collison - Duncan
Durant - Leonard
Sefolosha - Ginobili
Jackson - Mills
Westbrook - Parker

this series is for OKC in 6 games...cant believe anything else...THE 2 BEST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE ARE OKC AND MIAMI.

jzek
05-17-2014, 09:02 AM
No and that's WITH Ibaka healthy

Spurs in 5 or 6

robert_shaww
05-17-2014, 09:05 AM
No and that's WITH Ibaka healthy

Spurs in 5 or 6

thats funny...tell me why please...

T_L_P
05-17-2014, 09:08 AM
thats funny...tell me why please...

Duncan can stay right at the rim to help with Durant/Russell/Reggie. Parker can go to the paint whenever he wants. No offense from the Perkins/Collison/Adams lineup.

Losing Ibaka changes their whole dynamic. Durant and Russell are gonna have to combine for almost 70 if they want to win, because they can't defend us (well, they can't defend Tony) without Ibaka.

This is all dependent on how banged up Parker is. I'm not expecting anything from Manu. Marco and Mills will have to step up though.

Uncle Drew
05-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Do.

navy
05-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Durant and Westbrook are the best players in the series and play on the same team.

robert_shaww
05-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Durant and Westbrook are the best players in the series and play on the same team.

thats my point...

imagine in 1991 or 1992 or 1993...if horace grant was injured...still jordan and pippen are in the same team....they are losing against lakers, portland or phoenix??

NO FREAKING WAY.

robert_shaww
05-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Duncan can stay right at the rim to help with Durant/Russell/Reggie. Parker can go to the paint whenever he wants. No offense from the Perkins/Collison/Adams lineup.

Losing Ibaka changes their whole dynamic. Durant and Russell are gonna have to combine for almost 70 if they want to win, because they can't defend us (well, they can't defend Tony) without Ibaka.

This is all dependent on how banged up Parker is. I'm not expecting anything from Manu. Marco and Mills will have to step up though.

he CANT go whenever he wants...collison is a good defensive player....also perkins....wait and see....

obaka changing the whole dynamic....my god..

TLP, i know you think im a troll...fine...i dont think you are...i believe you know a lot about this game....but...this time...you are wrong...and im just going to sit down and wait for your excuses after every game....

NZStreetBaller
05-17-2014, 09:39 AM
the only change that will be made is Ibaka for Adams. and this basically changes nothing for the outcome of Thunder winning it. (number of games is irrelevant)

Ancient Legend
05-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Some of you are implying that all of a sudden OKC is better because they lost Ibaka... :roll:

NZStreetBaller
05-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Some of you are implying that all of a sudden OKC is better because they lost Ibaka... :roll:

not better but i dont see much change. OKC has good Defensive depth.

Kingwillball
05-17-2014, 10:07 AM
OKC would be easier matchup for heat minus refs but can't see SA losing to this limited monkey ball offensive team who need refs help every game plus other teams choking to get bye. It is actually amazing OKC is still playing should if lost first 2 series already if all things were legit.

Kingwillball
05-17-2014, 10:13 AM
not better but i dont see much change. OKC has good Defensive depth.

Adams and collision good on defense but offense lose 15-20 points some nights will hurt and make OKC more one dimensional which they can't afford.

BlazerRed
05-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Who cares, Lebron heading for a third straight title and FMVP :bowdown:

pmj
05-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Collison/Adams/Perkins can all catch dump offs just fine, Durant and WB are the two best players and scorers in the series, and Jackson/Butler/Thabo/Fisher/Lamb can all contribute.

That's a 9-10 man rotation that I definitely can see beating the Spurs. Really only Brooks is the weak link, but the Refs can counteract that.

pmj
05-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Adams and collision good on defense but offense lose 15-20 points some nights will hurt and make OKC more one dimensional which they can't afford.

Ibaka does that almost purely on jumpers, just play smaller and make that pass to a 3 point shooter.

La Frescobaldi
05-17-2014, 10:57 AM

I expect to see Leonard going absolutely ballistic on the Thunder. Offense-minded Durant in the open court isn't even going to bother trying to stop this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2064302-kawhi-leonard-does-michael-jordan-impression-with-double-pump-breakaway-dunk
:eek: :eek: that acceleration!!

Matt Bonner will be smashing things up in the paint, and we saw what Splitter can do when he goes on a rampage. Those guys are powerful dudes who are gonna wear the Thunder out in the paint.

Perkins is a fine defensive center, maybe the best team-help player of the era with Hibbert and Howard. But he's not the man to cover all those guys. There isn't a center in the league that could do it.

It just gets worse when Belinelli and Green start their textbook playoff bombing runs from 3 because you don't dare leave Tony Parker an empty lane... and that is exactly what has to be done to stop those guys from outside.

Beating the Grizzlies and the Clippers is not the same level of talent required for beating San Antonio.

I predict it's gonna go hard, real hard, on the Thunder coaches because - just like it has been all year long - they're gonna get slammed by foolish Thunder fans for "stupid defensive schemes," etc. etc.... when in fact (barring Spurs injuries) the Thunder flat does not have the team to stop San Antonio.

imdaman99
05-17-2014, 11:16 AM
The toilet offense lost one of it's plungers :rockon:

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm picking OKC.

La Frescobaldi
05-17-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm picking OKC.

that is logical for you, in keeping with your view of zebras

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/three-zebras-savannah-11809416.jpg

NumberSix
05-17-2014, 02:58 PM
that is logical for you, in keeping with your view of zebras

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/three-zebras-savannah-11809416.jpg
Dats racists.

HylianNightmare
05-17-2014, 04:22 PM
No chance spurs in 5

La Frescobaldi
06-01-2014, 10:00 AM
No chance spurs in 5

We called it pretty good, Nightmare, we called it pretty good.

La Frescobaldi
06-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Dats racists.

your referees didn't show up #6. guess they were at the watering hole