PDA

View Full Version : James Young the next Kobe or Harden?

Cocaine80s
05-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Dude is 6'6.75" and has a 7 foot wingspan. Can shoot the 3 pretty well and is only 18.

Do you think he ends up becoming a player like Kobe or Harden? I think he's a decent passer but not as good all around like Harden. Probably plays better D than Harden right now tho.

This dunk reminds me so much of a lefty Kobe. The guy he dunked on was 7 feet too.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/james-young-over-everyone.gif

KyrieTheFuture
05-17-2014, 07:35 PM
I don't really understand why Kobe and Harden are compared here....one is the driver/3 pt shooter exclusively with almost historically bad defense while the other has lethal midrange and post game and for a few years at least was one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. Their only similarity is the position they play

IGOTGAME
05-17-2014, 07:36 PM
dude has zero kobe in him.

Cocaine80s
05-17-2014, 07:36 PM
I don't really understand why Kobe and Harden are compared here....one is the driver/3 pt shooter exclusively with almost historically bad defense while the other has lethal midrange and post game and for a few years at least was one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. Their only similarity is the position they play
what im saying is will he end up like kobe? or will he end up like harden? think i might have worded it wrong, but im not saying kobe and harden are the same.

Smook A.
05-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Alot of experts are saying he's gonna be a more athletic version of Arron Afflalo.

I can alot of potential in this kid. If he goes late, I see him being a steal.

KyrieTheFuture
05-17-2014, 07:39 PM
what im saying is will he end up like kobe? or will he end up like harden? think i might have worded it wrong, but im not saying kobe and harden are the same.
Mah bad :cheers:

I was just being an asshole, don't know enough about the kid to comment for real but I hope he's the next Kobe we don't need more James Hardens. I can watch warmups if I want to watch freethrows

Cocaine80s
05-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Alot of experts are saying he's gonna be a more athletic version of Arron Afflalo.

I can alot of potential in this kid. If he goes late, I see him being a steal.
i think he goes somewhere around #7-10. he might have raised his stock though because he measured really well at the combine.

Mah bad :cheers:

I was just being an asshole, don't know enough about the kid to comment for real but I hope he's the next Kobe we don't need more James Hardens. I can watch warmups if I want to watch freethrows
:cheers:

Johnny Jones
05-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Neither. He'll be a role player imo

and the dunk reminded more of a Xavier Henry dunk than a Kobe dunk.

BasedTom
05-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Yikes. Not the best players to model your game after.

chips93
05-17-2014, 08:23 PM

i could see this

afflalo is way tougher/stronger, and has a nice midrange and post up game, that young has nothing of right now

right now, he has good size, solid athleticism, a smooth stroke (but hes not a lights out shooter), but doesnt have much handle. he seems to just spot up, or get to the rim on straight line drives.

he looks like he could develop into a solid 3 and D type role player.

MC Gusto
05-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Why can't he just be James Young? :confusedshrug:

Cocaine80s
05-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Why can't he just be James Young? :confusedshrug:
negged.

Milbuck
05-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Dude is 6'6.75" and has a 7 foot wingspan. Can shoot the 3 pretty well and is only 18.

Do you think he ends up becoming a player like Kobe or Harden? I think he's a decent passer but not as good all around like Harden. Probably plays better D than Harden right now tho.

This dunk reminds me so much of a lefty Kobe. The guy he dunked on was 7 feet too.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/james-young-over-everyone.gif
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

That's like saying "is ______ going to become a Shaq or Olowokandi?" Kobe is like 10 levels ahead of that ass Harden.

Cocaine80s
05-17-2014, 09:21 PM

That's like saying "is ______ going to become a Shaq or Olowokandi?" Kobe is like 10 levels ahead of that ass Harden.
The adults are talking here Robert.

MC Gusto
05-17-2014, 09:23 PM
His defense is not even close to historically bad...
It might be for a player of his caliber though.

Milbuck
05-17-2014, 09:35 PM
The adults are talking here Robert.
It's interesting you consider yourself an adult when everything you post is either leeching off a well-known poster, or thoroughly retarded.

MC Gusto
05-17-2014, 09:39 PM
This man would like a word.

http://celticspride.playitusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ray-allen.jpg

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/820467449.gif?1383933164

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/11/08/2013-11-0814_26_00.gif

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/53553a5e6bb3f79353a3574e-/harden-cavs-defense-fail.gif

I'm just saying bruh...historically bad doesn't have to mean ONLY him.

Cocaine80s
05-17-2014, 09:40 PM
It's interesting you consider yourself an adult when everything you post is either leeching off a well-known poster, or thoroughly retarded.
Sorry robert

aboss4real24
05-17-2014, 09:41 PM

Harden is just as gud as kobe skill wise wen it comes to scoring

But without a post game

Milbuck
05-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Harden is just as gud as kobe skill wise wen it comes to scoring

But without a post game
What the hell are you even talking about right now? Kobe has one of the most extensive scoring arsenals of all time...Harden's bullshit game is all about jacking up pull-up 3s, stupid step back jumpers, and flopping to the line. Dude plays the system like a basketball fraud, his scoring skillset for one of the "top scorers" is a ****ing joke.

Cocaine80s
05-17-2014, 09:46 PM
What the hell are you even talking about right now? Kobe has one of the most extensive scoring arsenals of all time...Harden's bullshit game is all about jacking up pull-up 3s, stupid step back jumpers, and flopping to the line. Dude plays the system like a basketball fraud, his scoring skillset for one of the "top scorers" is a ****ing joke.
Harden>kobe

Milbuck
05-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Harden>kobe
I've already given you attention, try some other poster kiddo.

aboss4real24
05-17-2014, 09:49 PM

Ok name me players who can create there shot as quickly and consistently in 1 on 1 situations as gud as harden

Cocaine80s
05-17-2014, 09:50 PM
I've already given you attention, try some other poster kiddo.
Houston>Milwauke

aboss4real24
05-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Houston>Milwauke

Not sayn much

Milbuck
05-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Ok name me players who can create there shot as quickly and consistently in 1 on 1 situations as gud as harden
Good god you're an idiot, I'm not even gonna bother. I don't think it's quite hit me that you seriously believe Harden is as skilled a scorer as prime Kobe. Holy shit.

aboss4real24
05-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Good god you're an idiot, I'm not even gonna bother. I don't think it's quite hit me that you seriously believe Harden is as skilled a scorer as prime Kobe. Holy shit.

His ground game is just as gud as kobe

Not sayn hes as gud a scorer or player

or even just as gud a shooter

RonSwanson
05-18-2014, 01:15 AM
As a UK Fan, I remember Calipari telling the media that the scouts liked him more than Randle. He's going to be much better in the NBA IMO. He's lethal, clutch, and his defensive attributes give him the potential to be a lock down defender. Could end up being a great 2nd option to an elite point guard.