PDA

View Full Version : Rick Barry: "Wilt is better than Shaq, Kareem, Russell and it's not close"

CavaliersFTW
05-17-2014, 11:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSTt_TxoFVo

:applause:

stalkerforlife
05-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Never trust a guy that shot free throws underhanded.

julizaver
05-18-2014, 06:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSTt_TxoFVo

:applause:

"Basketball is a team game, not one-on-one game. it's not tennis"
"The best teams win championships, not the best individuals !!!"

So simple and so hard for someones to understand.
Even Russell admitting that Wilt was better than him. The only ones that believe the opposite are R. Auerbach and some of the die-hard Russell/Celtics fans.
There is difference between having a great career measured by team success and being the best player in the league.
Players like Elgin Baylor, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley were the best players on their respective positions for years (Malone and Barkley were the best 2 PF for more than 10 years during their careers ) but never won any championships. To they choked constantly !? No their teams were beaten by better teams.

5 rings fan
05-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Never trust a guy that shot free throws underhanded.

You do realize he had

red1
05-18-2014, 08:07 AM
another wilt thread courtesy of cavsfortheloss

Harison
05-18-2014, 08:15 AM
In RS, individually - sure :lol

JohnFreeman
05-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Same Rick Barry who said Allen traveled on the tying three in game 6?

MP.Trey
05-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Same Rick Barry that wore a wig in his playing days?

Rake2204
05-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Same Rick Barry that wore a wig in his playing days?Speaking of which, does anyone have any pictures of what his hair looked like before, then what it looked like the year he wore a wig? And then after? I admit I was somewhat intrigued when I first read Simmons' allegations.

stanlove1111
05-18-2014, 11:28 AM
"Basketball is a team game, not one-on-one game. it's not tennis"

So stop talking about individual stats..Good point..

I judge players by value they add to a team not be individual stats..Russell was better then Wilt.

stanlove1111
05-18-2014, 11:30 AM
"

Even Russell admitting that Wilt was better than him. The only ones that believe the opposite are R. Auerbach and some of the die-hard Russell/Celtics fans.
Russell has said different things. When did he say Wilt was better then him?

The rest of your post is rubbish..Alot of people think Russell was justa s good if not better then Wilt..

Barry says that Wilt never had the talent like Russell, that's nonsense Wilt was surrounded by Russell like talent from 1966-73 and only won two titles.

La Frescobaldi
05-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Russell has said different things. When did he say Wilt was better then him?

The rest of your post is rubbish..Alot of people think Russell was justa s good if not better then Wilt..

Barry says that Wilt never had the talent like Russell, that's nonsense Wilt was surrounded by Russell like talent from 1966-73 and only won two titles.
"Nobody seems to appreciate what an incredible player Wilt was," Russell said at 1997 All-Star Game when the league named and honored its 50 greatest players. "He was the best player of all time because he dominated the floor like nobody else ever could. To be that big and that athletic was special."

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/fran_blinebury/07/15/legend-chamberlain/index.html
'68, '69, '70, '71, & '73 either Chamberlain himself, or multiple teammates were down with injuries. West never played a full season, he and Baylor both missed the '71 playoffs.... Baylor played about 10 games in the '70s.

stanlove1111
05-18-2014, 12:29 PM
"Nobody seems to appreciate what an incredible player Wilt was," Russell said at 1997 All-Star Game when the league named and honored its 50 greatest players. "He was the best player of all time because he dominated the floor like nobody else ever could. To be that big and that athletic was special."

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/fran_blinebury/07/15/legend-chamberlain/index.html
'68, '69, '70, '71, & '73 either Chamberlain himself, or multiple teammates were down with injuries. West never played a full season, he and Baylor both missed the '71 playoffs.... Baylor played about 10 games in the '70s.

Russell also at times said he was better then Wil

I know all about 66-73 I was watching basketball already. Wilt had planty enough talent to win even with injuries. And stop cherry picking injuries like Wilt's team is the only one to have them. Had Oscar not been hurt Wilt might only have one titles. Reed was hurt in 70 and we saw what happened there. In 1969 he should have won. Stop making excuses..

I have Wilt top 6 ever because of his domination and value to a team but Russell was number one.

La Frescobaldi
05-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Russell also at times said he was better then Wil

I know all about 66-73 I was watching basketball already. Wilt had planty enough talent to win even with injuries. And stop cherry picking injuries like Wilt's team is the only one to have them. Had Oscar not been hurt Wilt might only have one titles. Reed was hurt in 70 and we saw what happened there. In 1969 he should have won. Stop making excuses..

I have Wilt top 6 ever because of his domination and value to a team but Russell was number one.
Not excuses but simple facts, I was watching back then too so you know what that is. A wash.

I was a Knicks fan so don't remind me about '72 Willis that still sux to this day

stanlove1111
05-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Not excuses but simple facts, I was watching back then too so you know what that is. A wash.

I was a Knicks fan so don't remind me about '72 Willis that still sux to this day

Yeap that is another one that I forgot about. Who knows what would have happened if Reed played in 1972.

rhowen4
05-18-2014, 12:48 PM
I wonder if Wilt > Wilt?

Probably.

La Frescobaldi
05-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Yeap that is another one that I forgot about. Who knows what would have happened if Reed played in 1972.
Is yer son moving to LA from Minny stanlove1111 ? Inquiring minds want to know!! :cheers:

LAZERUSS
05-18-2014, 02:11 PM

The Lakers with an injured and basically useless West, and a Hairston who was just a shell, lost four close games to the Knicks in the '73 Finals. Without Reed in the '72 Finals, the Lakers stomped the Knicks in their four wins.

BTW, Chamberlain annhilated the Reed-Bellamy Knicks in the '68 playoffs. And over the course of their careers, Chamberlain just slaughtered Reed.