PDA

View Full Version : Lakers pick for Love

Aidz
05-18-2014, 09:40 AM
If (when) Lakers get a top 3 pick, would both teams agree to trade for Love (With fillers)?

Minny can basically get Exum, Embiid, Randle or Parker/Wiggins if lucky.
What are better offers?

inb4 Rondo

KobesFinger
05-18-2014, 09:43 AM
If I'm the Lakers I only trade the pick if its not top 3. We'll get a lesser player for it but we didn't tank hard enough to get a guaranteed top 5 pick, by which time the best prospects are gone. There doesn't seem to be a Lillard in this draft either.

ALBballer
05-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Golden state can offer some interesting deals.

David Lee+Klay Thompson/Greene/barnes/draft picks

Bulls can offer:

Boozer+Mirotic/Butler/Dunleavy/draft picks

Thunder can offer:

Ibaka+Lamb+Fillers/draft picks

Aidz
05-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Bulls can offer:

Thunder can offer:

Does GSW really need another 3pt shooter that cnt play D?
They need a guy like Faried or the ghost of Dennis Rodman for that hustle.

Bulls are good fit but they have no real assets.

KyrieTheFuture
05-18-2014, 10:56 AM

GS has good defense though

PacerRaptor
05-18-2014, 11:31 AM

It's not like David Lee is a good defender

bballnoob1192
05-18-2014, 11:36 AM
hell no that would be retarded. this draft has way to much potential to trade top 3 away.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-18-2014, 11:53 AM
The Celtics have the most assets in the league apart from maybe Phoenix. If it comes down to who has the most assets and the Celts are willing to give them, Minny won't get a better offer.

D-Rose
05-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Lakers would not trade a Top 3 pick IMHO. I think this is a viable trade if LA is in the 6-9 range. Lottery will determine a lot.

Nastradamus
05-18-2014, 12:04 PM
LAL is better off waiting until next year and Minnesota would be stupid to take any package LAL could offer.

D-Rose
05-18-2014, 12:19 PM
LAL is better off waiting until next year and Minnesota would be stupid to take any package LAL could offer.
Problem for LA is that if CHI or GSW or PHX got Love in a trade, he'd be forced to sign an extension.

ALBballer
05-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Lakers would not trade a Top 3 pick IMHO. I think this is a viable trade if LA is in the 6-9 range. Lottery will determine a lot.

LOL @ the lakers thinking they can get a 20/10 player for a late round lottery pick. Love is worth the 1st overall pick in the draft plus some.

Nastradamus
05-18-2014, 12:30 PM
The Celtics have the most assets in the league apart from maybe Phoenix. If it comes down to who has the most assets and the Celts are willing to give them, Minny won't get a better offer.

Yah, something around Sullinger,Green,Olynyk and their lottery pick would intrigue me. I'd make them take back someone like Martin,Budinger or Barea though.

Then as Boston you can build around Love and Rondo, plus Bradley, and the Brooklyn picks.

ALBballer
05-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Yah, something around Sullinger,Green,Olynyk and their lottery pick would intrigue me. I'd make them take back someone like Martin,Budinger or Barea though.

Then as Boston you can build around Love and Rondo, plus Bradley, and the Brooklyn picks.

If I was Love I would stay away from Boston. Rondo and him should be enough to be a 4th or 5th seed in the East but that team is going nowhere with some of the contracts they have on their books.

I would like to see him go to Chicago. They could become a legitimate team to challenge the heat.

chazzy
05-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Laker aren't allowed to trade their pick

ImKobe
05-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Laker aren't allowed to trade their pick

I think they are, why else would their own GM talk about having the option to trade the pick? I remember this rule about trading consecutive picks, but my guess is that you're allowed to "swap" first round picks, so Lakers can include their pick in the K.Love trade if Minny sends back their 1st rounder.

Jameerthefear
05-18-2014, 01:05 PM
I think they are, why else would their own GM talk about having the option to trade the pick? I remember this rule about trading consecutive picks, but my guess is that you're allowed to "swap" first round picks, so Lakers can include their pick in the K.Love trade if Minny sends back their 1st rounder.
why the hell would minny do that lol

BlackWhiteGreen
05-18-2014, 01:09 PM
If I was Love I would stay away from Boston. Rondo and him should be enough to be a 4th or 5th seed in the East but that team is going nowhere with some of the contracts they have on their books.

I would like to see him go to Chicago. They could become a legitimate team to challenge the heat.

You mean Wallace's? Its just about the only bad contract they have

Rekindled
05-18-2014, 01:10 PM
lakeres cant trade their pick, plus why trade it when you can sign love for free next summer.

VengefulAngel
05-18-2014, 01:18 PM
lakeres cant trade their pick, plus why trade it when you can sign love for free next summer.

Minnesota are going to trade him, they have no choice. They either trade him or lose him for free. They may have to accept a crummy offer though.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-18-2014, 02:03 PM
LOL @ the lakers thinking they can get a 20/10 player for a late round lottery pick. Love is worth the 1st overall pick in the draft plus some.
minny loses a lot of leverage now that everybody knows love isnt resigning with them.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Lakers cant trade their pick, but they can trade the player they pick immediately afterwards

Kiddlovesnets
05-18-2014, 02:51 PM
The fact is that if the Lakers hold this pick it will likely be top 3, but if its traded to Timberwolves it will be around 6-8. You know this is true.

DMAVS41
05-18-2014, 03:02 PM

Bulls can offer:

Thunder can offer:

I'm all for GSW making a move for Love, but that is way too ****ing much.

I'd send Lee/Barnes/Green and a first round pick for Love/Brewer

No way am I doing a deal for Love if I lose Thompson as well. Definitely not worth it.

ALBballer
05-18-2014, 03:11 PM
You mean Wallace's? Its just about the only bad contract they have

Ye mainly wallace. If Celtic trade for Love and are not able to move any significant salaries they won't be adding much this year. I guess their plan would be 2-3 down the road.

I'm not sure if Kevin Love is willing to wait that long. He has a better supporting case in Minny albeit playing in the West.

alenleomessi
05-18-2014, 03:17 PM
nobody sane would trade wiggins, embiid, parker or even exum for an empty stat player that never made the playoffs

ImKobe
05-18-2014, 03:23 PM
why the hell would minny do that lol

If Minny stays at 13 and Lakers get a top 3 pick, they would surely consider it to draft Wiggins, Exum, Embiid, Parker or Randle, who all have all-star/superstar potential. I know Minny isn't so great at drafting, but if Love's leaving, they'd rather get someone young in return than lose him for nothing in the off-season.

Genaro
05-18-2014, 03:25 PM
why trade it when you can sign love for free next summer.
This

ImKobe
05-18-2014, 03:26 PM
nobody sane would trade wiggins, embiid, parker or even exum for an empty stat player that never made the playoffs

Kevin Love is one of the best scorers and rebounders in the league, Wiggins, Embiid, Parker & Exum haven't proven anything yet and could all be total busts. Lakers would obviously go for Kevin Love.

Love's been on a shitty team his whole career. He's obviously a very good player, maybe not a good leader and not a player to take you to a championship, but as a 2nd option to Kobe? I'd want him.

ALBballer
05-18-2014, 03:27 PM

I'll take a proven 25/12 and a top PF in the league over an unproven rookie.

ALBballer
05-18-2014, 03:28 PM

Because you risk the chance a team like GS or Chicago trading for him.

ImKobe
05-18-2014, 03:29 PM
I'll take a proven 25/12 and a top PF in the league over an unproven rookie.

26.1 ppg 12.5 rpg 4.4 apg on 46/38/82 shooting, 26.9 PER, 59%TS, .245 WS/48, 14.3 WS

those are elite numbers for a guy who's supposedly only good at chucking jumpers.

longtime lurker
05-18-2014, 03:34 PM
If the pick is one of Wiggins, Parker, Embiid or Exum the Lakers would be silly to trade their pick for Love. Otherwise none of the remaining players in the draft's ceiling is touching Kevin Love. I have to admit draft picks are overrated though.

Milbuck
05-18-2014, 03:44 PM
The Lakers would be stupid to trade a top 3-4 pick for Kevin Love, a guy they could just sign next offseason anyways.

This draft is loaded, and while it may not be 1996 or 2003 or even 1984, it's still one of those drafts where you DO NOT trade the highest picks. Especially if Embiid falls to #3-4 and turns out to be injury-free for his career, that would be the dumbest decisions to make if the Lakers trade the pick.

Now if it's a #6 or #7 pick, where Embiid/Wiggins/Parker/Exum are all gone, then it becomes a discussion.

TheMagicMan
05-18-2014, 04:06 PM
No. Boston and Phoenix can offer better packages anyway.

Waking_Life
05-18-2014, 08:36 PM
According to Coon the Lakers can't absorbe Loves contract until July 1st.

TylerOO
05-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Wade/Bosh/Cole for Kmart/Love. Get it done Pat

poido123
05-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Normally I'd say you would trade your top 3 pick for Love in a heartbeat, but this year's draft has talent beyond what Love would ever provide.

Hey Yo
05-18-2014, 09:18 PM
hell no that would be retarded. this draft has way to much potential to trade top 3 away.
Huh??? You wouldn't trade away the 3rd pick for Love straight up?

That would be retarded not to do so.

coin24
05-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Huh??? You wouldn't trade away the 3rd pick for Love straight up?

That would be retarded not to do so.

Wrong. Love is not worth a top 3 pick in this years draft.
Career loser.
Rather take the chance on a franchise player on a rookie contract than be stuck paying max for empty stats love

gts
05-18-2014, 09:49 PM
If (when) Lakers get a top 3 pick, would both teams agree to trade for Love (With fillers)?

Lakers can't trade the pick because they already traded next years pick
Lakers can't make any trades because they are over the cap until July 1st

Than can agree to draft a player for the T-Wolves and complete the trade after the July moratorium but it would not be binding, either team could back out

The problem is in July the Lakers have 3 guys on the roster, Kobe Nash and Sacre so that complicates things

Carter_17
05-18-2014, 10:11 PM
No way. You can sign love next year or you can just sign Greg Monroe this year. Lakers need Exum from this draft.