PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for NBA favouring Indiana in game 1?

livinglegend
05-18-2014, 06:20 PM
- Extend the series?
- Miami gives best rating when they are down in the series. More people will tune in for game 2?
- Too much talk about NBA wanting Durant-Lebron finals was going on lately. Silver wanted to stop that talk?

what other reasons?

Cocaine80s
05-18-2014, 06:21 PM
they wanna extend the rivalry. Indian is miami's only competition in the east. if heat swept them then they would lose ratings next year. thats my theory :pimp:

edrick
05-18-2014, 06:21 PM
$$$

oh the horror
05-18-2014, 06:22 PM
#noexcuses

Bernkastel
ESPN wants the "Will the Heat lose? They're down in the series" storyline. Same reason they brought back Jackson to call the game.

Real14
To trick people into believing that Indiana has a chance to advance.

Dro
:lol

What I don't get is that the NBA supposedly would hate a Pacers/Spurs matchup and still cheat for them against the Heat...:lol

Must be to "extend" the series and actually have to take a chance that Miami would lose....:rolleyes:

LONGTIME
05-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Lebron is the best player in the NBA. No excuses.

inclinerator
05-18-2014, 06:23 PM
ratings

Genaro
05-18-2014, 06:24 PM
They didn't. Heat just didn't went to the paint as much as they should.
I only remember one bad call that should've been an and1 for Wade.

Droid101
05-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Heat shooting jumpshots all day and the Pacers pounding it inside every play = ref favoritism.

Okay.

MC Gusto
05-18-2014, 06:27 PM
:biggums: So we're gonna act like the league is favoring a team every time a team wins a game?

edrick
05-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Heat shooting jumpshots all day and the Pacers pounding it inside every play = ref favoritism.

Okay.

Who had more points in the paint? Hint, it wasn't the Pacers.

Okay.

dannywpt
:biggums: So we're gonna act like the league is favoring a team every time a team wins a game?

It's a bran sheep thing. They need some excuse to justify their hero's shortcomings.

Ancient Legend
Refs or the NBA had nothing do with this.

LeBron was passive, uninterested.
Wade doesn't attack the basket like he used to.
Bosh belongs in the WNBA.

Only Birdman showed up.

Bernkastel
05-18-2014, 06:29 PM

Didn't Jeff tell you to do that in the e-mail? :biggums:

BasedTom
05-18-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't subscribe to the consipracy shit, but if I'm Spo, I'm walking up to the press conference saying "We were the Kings, they were the Lakers" and walking right out. Just for shits and giggles

A strong message and no way you'll get fined.

davehos
05-18-2014, 06:31 PM
- Extend the series?
- Miami gives best rating when they are down in the series. More people will tune in for game 2?
- Too much talk about NBA wanting Durant-Lebron finals was going on lately. Silver wanted to stop that talk?

what other reasons?

Did we watch the same game? OK, the refs got a bit whistle happy in the 3rd but Miami was completely passive. Lame ass chucking shit, no ball movement, just lazy ass basketball ....

Did you expect something different? I mean let's be serious .... they played scrubs to get here, played like scrubs, and got beat by a team that came out firing.

[Edit: Removed a lot of salt.]

ImKobe
05-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Heat didn't play hard and that starting line-up was a bad idea and they missed a lot of easy shots while Indy couldn't miss from anywhere. I'm not expecting Hibbert to get that many FTs every game and I'm not expecting Lance to play this well all series & the fact that Indy had 0 answer for Lebron & Wade shows me that this series will not be easy for either team.

Miami only needs one road win so this game was not as crucial to them, Spo kept the big 3's minutes down(to an extent, Lebron did play over 40 minutes) & hardly even played Haslem. People are already overreacting.

Dro
05-18-2014, 06:34 PM

Okay.
You're either really dumb or really young, you tell me...And Ill let someone else explain this to you.....

livinglegend
05-18-2014, 06:35 PM

touch fouls on 1 hand, same fouls not called on the other hand.

edrick
05-18-2014, 06:38 PM
You're either really dumb or really young, you tell me...And Ill let someone else explain this to you.....

Great argument. Calling people dumb or young really proves a point.

He said the Heat were just taking Jumpers, well, most of the Heat's points were in the paint. So what does that tell you?

Frozen1
05-18-2014, 06:39 PM
NBA is pretty much WWE right now.

They will manipulate the playoffs the way they/TV want, and only the NBA finals will not have refs influence.

Dro
05-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Great argument. Calling people dumb or young really proves a point.
If you're too dumb or young to understand that FTA attempts because Miami was getting bullied in the paint don't count as points in the paint then what the f*ck else did you expect me to say?

edrick
05-18-2014, 06:45 PM
If you're too dumb or young to understand that FTA attempts because Miami was getting bullied in the paint don't count as points in the paint then what the f*ck else did you expect me to say?

I didn't even mention FTAs, oh smart, old one.

Dro
05-18-2014, 06:46 PM
I didn't even mention FTAs, oh smart, old one.
Wow, you're dumber than I thought...

hitmanyr2k
05-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Refs or the NBA had nothing do with this.

LeBron was passive, uninterested.
Wade doesn't attack the basket like he used to.
Bosh belongs in the WNBA.

Only Birdman showed up.

Exactly lol. Lebron stans complained non-stop about Bosh clanking jumpers. Lebron stans complained all 2nd half about Wade chucking fadeaway jumpers and turning the ball over. Lebron stans didn't bother to mention Lebron being passive, being short on jumpers, not going to the post, etc. It's all the refs fault :oldlol:

edrick
05-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Wow, you're dumber than I thought...

I responded to someone's comment about the Heat only shooting jumpers, by showing that most of the Heat's points came from the paint. My post had nothing to do with FTAs. Mr., "FTA attempts" calling people dumb. :applause:

Droid101
05-18-2014, 11:26 PM

Okay.
Because the Heat kept fouling instead of allowing them to score the easy layup?

Do you even watch basketball?

livinglegend
05-18-2014, 11:28 PM

:facepalm
Refs called touch fouls for Indiana.

Droid101
05-18-2014, 11:29 PM
"Points in the paint" is such a useless statistic, seriously.

It doesn't account for it being a wide-open dunk due to failure to rotate. Doesn't account for it being a 1 on 0 fast break. It almost literally means nothing.

Watch the game, watch which team is getting the ball down low on post ups, then make your critique. Stop box score watching. It's getting downright sad.

Dro
05-18-2014, 11:34 PM
"Points in the paint" is such a useless statistic, seriously.

It doesn't account for it being a wide-open dunk due to failure to rotate. Doesn't account for it being a 1 on 0 fast break. It almost literally means nothing.

Watch the game, watch which team is getting the ball down low on post ups, then make your critique. Stop box score watching. It's getting downright sad.
Like I said, I figured someone smart would explain it to him.....Apparently he still doesn't understand....Thanks anyway though..lol

sfballa13
05-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Anyone who thinks this game wasnt rigged for Indy is dreaming?

Roy Hibbert - 13 Free throws

Miami Heat as a TEAM - 15 Free Throws

NBA wants Indy in the finals so either OKC and KD get their first chip or Spurs and Duncan win one more and send Pop and Duncan off in the sunset.

Marchesk
05-19-2014, 01:08 AM

It's become that on ISH. Every single playoff game is rigged, if you haven't noticed.

konex
05-19-2014, 01:09 AM
It's hard to say just looking at the FT differential but Pacers weren't really "favored" today. Miami was hacking Hibbert and West in the paint all day and they got in the penalty early.

It's hilarious but it's so rare to see Miami get called for bumping guys on defense that when the game is called fairly, it feels like the refs are favoring the other team :roll:

SexSymbol
05-19-2014, 01:21 AM
There was no favoring, fair, legit calls

Droid101
05-19-2014, 01:32 AM
Anyone who thinks this game wasnt rigged for Indy is dreaming?

Roy Hibbert - 13 Free throws

Miami Heat as a TEAM - 15 Free Throws

NBA wants Indy in the finals so either OKC and KD get their first chip or Spurs and Duncan win one more and send Pop and Duncan off in the sunset.
So, which Miami player was posting up on every possession, like Hibbert was?

Djsonny
05-19-2014, 02:13 AM

but the box score tho

Dro
05-19-2014, 02:13 AM
Spoelstra.......:applause:

chazzy
05-19-2014, 02:27 AM
Why didn't the refs extend the Brooklyn/Heat series?

Ne 1
05-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Why do conspiracy theorists act like rigging games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined? The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals/extending a series is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games. Seriously, do you really think Silver sat in a dark room and told his minions "the Pacers must win Game 1" :lol

If you believe that the NBA is scripted like the WWE, that the outcome of games or series are predetermined, than why watch? You conspiracy theorists are nuts. If you truly believe NBA games are fixed, get out of this abusive relationship and stop being a consumer.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-19-2014, 08:56 AM
funniest was when bosh finnaly drove to the basket, got HACKED by Hibbert no call
on the other end he didnt even touch hibbert and this POs gets FT for nothing.
then this autistic freak hibbert flexed and axted tough because he just earned FT against a soft ass bosh who didnt even touch him.
team full of retards:biggums:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-19-2014, 08:58 AM
they tried their best but it wasnt enough

dr.hee
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
So Bran stans don't even watch the games of their fantasy boyfriend anymore? At least look at the damn shot charts, you can jizz all over your Lebron poster afterwards.

I know Lebron dickriders won't understand this anyway, but...Spoelstra went for small ball, and it backfired. Simple as that. Hibbert got good positions in the post and you can't expect Bosh/Battier/Bron to defend Hibbert on one of his better days in addition to the always underrated David West.

Dresta
05-19-2014, 09:21 AM

Sorry, but the refs set a clear tone in the first when they were willing to call touch fouls on the Heat at one end, yet when Wade was fouled 2-3 times in the first quarter, rather obviously, on his shooting arm, no foul was called. These were replayed immediately afterwards and the contact was clear and unequivocal, so don't bother denying it.

ItsMillerTime
05-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Miami got out-hustled and outplayed. Deal with it.

Droid101
05-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Sorry, but the refs set a clear tone in the first when they were willing to call touch fouls on the Heat at one end, yet when Wade was fouled 2-3 times in the first quarter, rather obviously, on his shooting arm, no foul was called. These were replayed immediately afterwards and the contact was clear and unequivocal, so don't bother denying it.
Heat shot more free throws in the first half, so there goes that theory.

Because clearly the ratings are worth more points with Indiana playing than a team in NEW YORK. Duh.

dunksby
05-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Heat shot more free throws in the first half, so there goes that theory.

Because clearly the ratings are worth more points with Indiana playing than a team in NEW YORK. Duh.
The same way they didn't want a team from that village LA to advance in place of one from the big market mother city OKC.

played0ut
05-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Is crying ref rigging the default excuse when a team loses now?

>smaller fan base
>lower ratings
>less revenues

You guys are ridiculous.
Pacers winning game 1 is the LAST thing the NBA wants happening.

Flash31
05-19-2014, 11:53 AM
- Extend the series?

what other reasons?

League Hates the Heat and makes way more news,stories,ratings,money when the Heat loses.
The NBA wants to create a rivalry between Ind-Mia(
they tried the same thing with Chi-Mia,Bos-Mia,and even now Bkn-Mia)
The NBA wants a long series and it is known when the Heat are losing or down in a series the ratings surge way up(Ex game 6 vs Bos,Ind game 7,Dal game 6,SA vs Mia game 6)

The NBA does not favor Miami.It favors and is extremely biased toward OKC.

The NBA is pushing the nice,clean cut,blue collar,small town,hometown team Ind vs Big,Bad Villains,glamour,South Hollywood,Collusion,Isoing,Arrogant Heat
regardless if its true or not.

We see it---oKC gets all the help it can to advance.
Mia gets everything called against them and every obstacle put in the way.

The league wants to create a Magic-Bird type rivalry.
Magic(big city,glamour,the STAR,the all around player,the Man)
Bird(small town,blue collar,legendary scorer,opposite to Magic,2nd Best to 1st player,the other guy)

Magic-LeBron
Bird-Durant
Lakers and their competiton in 80s -Heat and theirs
Big 3---Big 3

Bird-Durant
Tough East Det,Chi, Tough West SA,Mem
Small town---
Overshadowed by Magic,LeBron

jzek
05-19-2014, 11:56 AM
If the series goes to 7, that means more money for everyone (owners, NBA, etc.)

jzek
05-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Pacers winning game 1 is the LAST thing the NBA wants happening.

Actually it's what the NBA wants. Which sounds better to you - a sweep or a 7-game series?

Droid101
05-19-2014, 12:05 PM
If the series goes to 7, that means more money for everyone (owners, NBA, etc.)
Totally, that's why the refs had the Brooklyn/Heat series go 7 games. Also the OKC/LA series.

Fudge
05-19-2014, 12:14 PM
No excuses.

Championship or bust.

dr.hee
05-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Totally, that's why the refs had the Brooklyn/Heat series go 7 games. Also the OKC/LA series.

Agree. That's also the reason for Dallas sweeping the Lakers in 2011, and especially for San Antonio making the 2013 finals. Casual fans just love them.

Derka
05-19-2014, 01:07 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dro
05-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Refs.......