PDA

View Full Version : Halfcourt only, who is the 2nd best player in the league after KD?

russwest0
05-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Remove the transition game from the equation.

Who's number two?

LoneyROY7
05-18-2014, 11:41 PM
How about we take the refs out of the equation instead?

rlsmooth775
05-18-2014, 11:42 PM
Remove the transition game from the equation.

Who's number two?

Durant who can be shutdown by tony allen is currently the best half court player hahahahahahahah

Eye Test
05-18-2014, 11:53 PM
interesting question. i think lebron ranks really low without fast break transition. think about it, no jumpshot, post game, would turn himself into an assister, a poor mans kendall marshall

Kvnzhangyay
05-19-2014, 12:01 AM
interesting question. i think lebron ranks really low without fast break transition. think about it, no jumpshot, post game, would turn himself into an assister, a poor mans kendall marshall

:biggums:

NumberSix
05-19-2014, 12:02 AM
What the hell makes Durant #1? :wtf:

LoneyROY7
05-19-2014, 12:07 AM
What the hell makes Durant #1? :wtf:

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/YixRTSlHbH6RYzdWCGK._A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/168854127.jpg.jpg

NumberSix
05-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Hasn't Durants half court game been completely exposed in the playoffs? I mean, is it just me or has his half court game been nothing but iso and chucking 3s?

DaSeba5
05-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Durant's lack of post game hurts him. When he can't make his shots, he starts to chuck and it hurts the team. He's still young though. So I'm not sure how he's the best half court player in the league.

BlazerRed
05-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Hasn't Durants half court game been completely exposed in the playoffs? I mean, is it just me or has his half court game been nothing but iso and chucking 3s?
To be completely fair, I think a lot of it has to do with the complete lack of offensive structure coming from the coach. It would be great for him to add more of a post game though to make himself even more deadly.

Milbuck
05-19-2014, 12:33 AM
So true. CP3 and Bron are probably the most efficent halfcourt players in the NBA. Maybe add Love too.
That makes sense, considering that Love only plays half of the court.

mugiwara
05-19-2014, 12:38 AM
Wade is a better half court player then durant, even on hobbled knees. Durants is awful off ball considering his length and shooting touch.

Real14
05-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Melo is number one.

DaSeba5
05-19-2014, 12:48 AM
Melo is number one.

Melo is up there because he can score in every way. He just needs to learn how to pass more. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with the teams he's been on in NY, but still. I think his defense suffers because it always seems he has to put all of his energy into carrying the team on offense.

NumberSix
05-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Melo is up there because he can score in every way. He just needs to learn how to pass more. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with the teams he's been on in NY, but still. I think his defense suffers because it always seems he has to put all of his energy into carrying the team on offense.
He CAN score in any way. Just not efficiently in any way.

KG215
05-19-2014, 12:56 AM
Wade is a better half court player then durant, even on hobbled knees. Durants is awful off ball considering his length and shooting touch.
:wtf:

One of Durant's best attributes is his ability to be an efficient, high volume scorer even if he spends stretches of the game playing without the ball. He's excellent at reading defenses and making cuts and using screens to spring free for open jumpers.

DaSeba5
05-19-2014, 01:02 AM
He CAN score efficiently in any way. Just not efficiently in any way.

:lol

I do think he can in a different role. As a second option he would be scary.

PsychoWorm
05-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Harden :banana:

Milbuck
05-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Stop

Black and White
05-19-2014, 02:13 AM

Ok, note to self, avoid this guy.

Eye Test
05-19-2014, 02:13 AM
kobe is still active so kobe

PsychoWorm
05-19-2014, 02:29 AM
Why has nobody mentioned Lin? :biggums:

GimmeThat
05-19-2014, 02:40 AM

Melo passes the ball. But apparently he played best when he was with a group of veterans, instead of being the veteran.

bdreason
05-19-2014, 02:52 AM
CP3 and LeBron.

Fearthejameer
05-19-2014, 03:19 AM
vince carter really good at half court shots

Sarcastic
05-19-2014, 03:38 AM

Melo needs better teammates. The best players he's ever really had are past prime Chauncey Billups, and past prime Allen Iverson. Amar'e could have been a good pairing, but the knees gave out too early, and Mike Woodson is a douche bag that has no idea how to run an offense with 2 good players. He just runs his iso, iso, iso plays every damn time.

If Melo ever teamed up with a consistent offensive threat, his efficiency numbers would soar.

DaSeba5
05-19-2014, 03:40 AM
Melo needs better teammates. The best players he's ever really had are past prime Chauncey Billups, and past prime Allen Iverson. Amar'e could have been a good pairing, but the knees gave out too early, and Mike Woodson is a douche bag that has no idea how to run an offense with 2 good players. He just runs his iso, iso, iso plays every damn time.

If Melo ever teamed up with a consistent offensive threat, his efficiency numbers would soar.

Agreed

GimmeThat
05-19-2014, 03:42 AM

you mean, if Melo learns that he isn't the first option on offense anymore, even though he still gets the opportunity to put up points?

But, we are talking about a Melo in the PRIME of his age here!

Sarcastic
05-19-2014, 03:50 AM
you mean, if Melo learns that he isn't the first option on offense anymore, even though he still gets the opportunity to put up points?

But, we are talking about a Melo in the PRIME of his age here!

Who should Melo be passing to? JR Smith? Tyson Chandler? Raymond Felton? Iman Shumpert? Which one of those guys is gonna take the defensive pressure off him?

And if you actually watch his games, he does pass. Those guys just brick every damn shot.