PDA

View Full Version : if Miami loses, do you think they break up the Big 3?

jzek
05-19-2014, 08:56 AM
* It's obvious by now there is no Big 3. It's just LeBron.
* It's almost impossible to trade Wade due to his history with the team so Bosh is the likely trade piece.
* It's difficult for Miami to improve next year and the following years due to cap space so the most they can hope for is another washed-up former All Star who signs for the minimum.
* Maybe LeBron finally realizes that this version of the Heat is no different from his teams in Cleveland and leaves Miami.
* Their offense is LeBron or bust. Everyone stands on the 3-pt line waiting for LeBron to do his thing.

robert_shaww
05-19-2014, 08:57 AM
* It's almost impossible to trade Wade due to his history with the team so Bosh is the likely trade piece.
* It's difficult for Miami to improve next year and the following years due to cap space so the most they can hope for is another washed-up former All Star who signs for the minimum.
* Maybe LeBron finally realizes that this version of the Heat is no different from his teams in Cleveland and leaves Miami.

miami is not losing to those scrubs...god.

navy
05-19-2014, 08:57 AM
1 game. 4 straight ECF. 3 straight Finals. 2 Championships.

DMAVS41
05-19-2014, 08:58 AM
I doubt it.

They play in a historically bad conference with no signs of getting much better.

I could see them all opting out and taking less money to come back together so they could add another couple pieces ( a better center)...etc.

But where would they go? How could they get a better situation than the one they are in now?

Where would Lebron go? He can't go out West because it's a total crap shoot with way too many teams capable of winning in the playoffs.

fiddy
05-19-2014, 09:04 AM
* Their offense is LeBron or bust. Everyone stands on the 3-pt line waiting for LeBron to do his thing.
:facepalm Did you watch the game last night? Bran was insignificant for the most part of the game. It was Wade that tried to do something on offense.

JellyBean
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
I do think that, should the Heat not repeat (3-peat), the Big 3 will be broken up. The luxury tax will be too much for the owner. I think the Heat are looking at $40-$50 million this year in luxury tax cost. So I see the Big 3 breaking up, sadly.

JohnnySic
05-19-2014, 09:17 AM
LeBron and Bosh will sign with Lakers to create the new abomination.

Wade will either play out his career with the Heat or sign on to another contender where he can piggyback a younger star and have a reduced workload for last last few years.

Book it.

Trollsmasher
05-19-2014, 09:23 AM
They should do it anyway

Fvck Bosh

PJR
05-19-2014, 09:23 AM

It's obvious you don't know much about the Lakers current salary cap situation.

Dresta
05-19-2014, 09:30 AM
:coleman:

Oh, stop this bullshit. Bron still plays with two clear all-star quality players, it is not 'just Lebron.' You stans always making excuses for your Gawd :facepalm .

BlazerRed
05-19-2014, 09:34 AM
WTF? Wade is still an incredible player. He was better than Lebron yesterday.. and Bosh has been hitting bailout threes all year. It just so happened he had an off game shooting. It happens. Grow up.

Beastmode88
05-19-2014, 09:49 AM

Wade will either play out his career with the Heat or sign on to another contender where he can piggyback a younger star and have a reduced workload for last last few years.

Book it.

Lolol. There's something called cap space. I doubt the laker organization will pull a nets. Lebron, wade and bosh will stay in miami because there's no other place with a better option. Lebron will not play in cleveland because it's straight up cancer. Do you actually think Dan Gilbert and Lebron can actually coexist? The amount of shit talked from Dan Gibert will not be forgotten. The cav players are not professionals when it comes to nba if u recall what luol deng said just weeks after being traded there. And plus you have to trade waiters or kyrie. Whole thing is a shitstorm and you think LBJ would go back to taint his legacy more? :facepalm

mistergreens
05-19-2014, 11:11 AM
You don't break up a team that at a minimum, made it to the ECF (I still believe they will win this series) and is the 2x defending champs. Adjust yes, break up? C'mon.

ImKobe
05-19-2014, 11:38 AM
You don't break up a team that at a minimum, made it to the ECF (I still believe they will win this series) and is the 2x defending champs. Adjust yes, break up? C'mon.

Lakers broke up after losing in the Finals & winning 3 out of 4 Finals in 5 seasons.

Andrei89
05-19-2014, 11:50 AM
I am fine with it as long as Wade does not leave. Wade is Miami Heat and I hope he retires in Miami.

Flash31
05-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Thats gotta be the highest expectations for any team ever then if they break up
3 Straight Finals,2 Back to Back Championships,made ECF a 4th Straight Time

Had the 2nd longest winning streak in reg season in history

Has any team that was on pace for 4 STRAIGHT Finals Broken up and it not having anything to due with age and the team making a 4th straight CF?

Hell the Chi Bulls didnt break up when they lost in 94,95 and didn't make the Finals---they simply added better pieces and went to win 3 More Championships.

Why would the Big 3 break up when this offseason they could restructure their contracts and add better pieces and improve the team even more?
now theyre championship favs and made 3 straight on pace for 4
but with a better team theyll be even more assured of the championship

so why would they break up when the Big 3s sole goal is about winning the Championship every year?

Solefade
05-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Lakers broke up after losing in the Finals & winning 3 out of 4 Finals in 5 seasons.

in 2004? that was because kobe drove shaq out

Solefade
05-19-2014, 12:39 PM
they're not going to trade wade, i can see them trading bosh and i think lebron stays..

Rubio2Gasol
05-19-2014, 12:47 PM
No different from the teams in Cleveland.

You know, 11 years and about 10 all stars later, maybe the problem isn't the teams.....

AlexanderRight
05-19-2014, 12:49 PM

That's because during that time the Lakers had way to many problems both personal and professional between the players, management, and coaches on and off the court. Miami's situation is no where near as desperate or drastic as the Lakers' in 04.

Soundwave
05-19-2014, 01:05 PM
I think they'll probably lose Bosh but keep LeBron.

It helps that Miami/South Beach, if you have money, is an absolutely spectacular place to live.

Houston I think would be the only other attractive landing spot for LeBron, I'm not even sure what their cap situation is.

Eastern Conference is still the softer conference too.

The Lakers would not have broken up either if Shaq and Kobe got along.