PDA

View Full Version : Can Paul George surpass Bran?

Ca$H
05-19-2014, 04:14 PM
If Paul George defeats Bran and puts up numbers comparable to him then goes on to win FMVP and his first title does he surpass him? Keep in mind Paul George has one all star teammate who really shouldn't be an all star(Hibbert) while Bran has two legit all star teammates(Wade and Bosh). Bran has never won a title without two all star teammates.

Milbuck
05-19-2014, 04:14 PM
:kobe:

GODbe
05-19-2014, 04:15 PM
If he wins a ring

1 > 2*

D-Rose
05-19-2014, 04:15 PM
If Paul George defeats Bran and puts up numbers comparable to him then goes on to win FMVP and his first title does he surpass him? Keep in mind Paul George has one all star teammate who really shouldn't be an all star(Hibbert) while Bran has two legit all star teammates(Wade and Bosh). Bran has never won a title without two all star teammates.
Please shut the **** up and stop trolling.

ImKobe
05-19-2014, 04:17 PM
PG has all the tools to be an all-time great, I just hope he becomes more aggressive on the offensive end in the future. Too many games, where he barely looks to shoot the ball. If you want to be a superstar, you have to demand the ball and create your own shots. PG has all the tools to be a 25-30 ppg scorer on a consistent basis.

Doctor Rivers
05-19-2014, 04:26 PM

i gotta hand it to you... you're not even funny

Jlamb47
05-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Lebron is one in the lifetime player

tmacattack33
05-19-2014, 04:33 PM

:oldlol:

If Bosh is a legit all-star then so is David West.

Black and White
05-19-2014, 04:39 PM
:facepalm dude I really like George, please stop making him look bad with threads like this

D-Rose
05-19-2014, 04:45 PM
http://www.loudamplifiermarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/dscn0056-300x225.jpg

Rocketswin2013
05-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Please shut the **** up and stop trolling.
This.

Real14
05-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Paul George is highly overrated.

fpliii
05-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Paul George is highly underrated.
:cheers:

People are trying to put guys like Harden and Melo on his level. :facepalm SMH

Black and White
05-19-2014, 04:50 PM

Melo is on his level yes,

Harden? Hell no, not even close.

outbreak
05-19-2014, 04:50 PM
George is underrated and overrated at the same time in my opinion. He isn't a go to guy like Durant and Lebron and he needs a team a lot more than those two do to help carry the scoring load, but he is underrated for all the talent he has on both ends.

KyrieTheFuture
05-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Maybe in Most Valuable Hairlines

PG will never be the offensive player JaBronie is.

Cold soul
05-19-2014, 04:56 PM
PG can be HOF someday, but won't ever be close to level of Lebron.

Relinquish
05-19-2014, 04:57 PM

Melo is a much better player than PG. :confusedshrug:

Melo is criminally underrated and PG is criminally overrated. PG is basically a rich man's Rudy Gay: similar scorer, slightly better rebounder, but a much better defender. Stop acting like he's a transcendent player. Dude put up 21.7 on 42%. :facepalm :facepalm

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Melo is a much better player than PG. :confusedshrug:

Melo is criminally underrated and PG is criminally overrated. PG is basically Rudy Gay but a better defender. Stop acting like he's a transcendent player. Dude put up 21.7 on 42%. :facepalm :facepalm
Defense is half the game, you can't dismiss the titanic advantage he has over Melo on that end as merely "better" than Gay. It's not a footnote. Stop overrating Melo.

Relinquish
05-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Defense is half the game, you can't dismiss the titanic advantage he has over Melo on that end as merely "better" than Gay. It's not a footnote. Stop overrating Melo.

And Melo has a more than TITANIC ADVANTAGE (caps are deserved) on offense. :confusedshrug:

Melo averaged 27.4 ppg (5.7ppg more) with only 1.2 FTA more per game on 3% better shooting. That's a bigger difference than Melo and George's defense, all while playing on a much worse team and being doubled FAR more and not having nearly as many other options to rely on. Adding onto all this, Melo has had at least 8 seasons better than George's best season. If George wasn't on such a good team, people would just call him what he is: an overrated chucker.

Real14
05-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Melo is better tho and you know it.

navy
05-19-2014, 05:15 PM

Perimeter defense is overrated. :confusedshrug:

Relinquish
05-19-2014, 05:17 PM

He's in denial. He's obsessed with George because he said that Kobe is his idol and will do anything just to prop him up.

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:19 PM
And Melo has a more than TITANIC ADVANTAGE (caps are deserved) on offense. :confusedshrug:

Melo averaged 27.4 ppg (5.7ppg more) with only 1.2 FTA more per game on 3% better shooting.
27.4ppg on .561 TS% over 21.7 on .555 TS% is bigger than the gap between somebody who is mediocre at best defensively and someone who is arguably the best wing defender in the league?

Dude, I'm in-market, and have watched 75%+ of Melo's games since the trade. From watching, and from the play-by-play numbers (RAPM and shit) I gotta go with PG.

I think Melo's underrated on this site in general, but when people are putting him way up there I think he's getting overrated. Damn good player, but he's just not on that level IMO.

Real14
05-19-2014, 05:19 PM
He's in denial. He's obsessed with George because he said that Kobe is his idol and will do anything just to prop him up.
Damn that's really messed up. He should know that George will never be on Kobe's level anyway.

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Perimeter defense is overrated. :confusedshrug:
Man defense on the perimeter is, but PG is a great help defender too. :confusedshrug:

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Damn that's really messed up. He should know that George will never be on Kobe's level anyway.
That's not the case at all dude. I just prefer two-way players.

KyrieTheFuture
05-19-2014, 05:21 PM
27.4ppg on .561 TS% over 21.7 on .555 TS% is bigger than the gap between somebody who is mediocre at best defensively and someone who is arguably the best wing defender in the league?

Dude, I'm in-market, and have watched 75%+ of Melo's games since the trade. From watching, and from the play-by-play numbers (RAPM and shit) I gotta go with PG.

I think Melo's underrated on this site in general, but when people are putting him way up there I think he's getting overrated. Damn good player, but he's just not on that level IMO.
Defense is just far more important for bigs rather than perimeter players. Offense is what you need from the 3 position. Honestly, don't you think if they switched teams, the Pacers would be favorites?

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Defense is just far more important for bigs rather than perimeter players. Offense is what you need from the 3 position. Honestly, don't you think if they switched teams, the Pacers would be favorites?
Nope. If we're talking a point guard maybe, but PG is so integral to what they do, controlling players' paths to the paint, taking on tough assignments, and covering when his teammates miss assignments. Without him, they lose a big part of their defensive identity.

Put Melo on that team, and the Pacers are worse off IMO.

Real14
05-19-2014, 05:23 PM

You should know better man. PG has a team that carries him especially with defensive minded players and inside protection unlike melo. George would be shit without his teammates.

Real14
05-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Now you're smoking something.

fpliii
You should know better man. PG has a team that carries him especially with defensive minded players and inside protection unlike melo. George would be shit without his teammates.
How is his team carrying him, if he's defensive minded himself, and guides perimeter players into the help in the paint?

Relinquish

You're so clueless it's just ridiculous. PG is not in any way "way up there." He is not even a top 10 player in the league. :confusedshrug:

These are all players that are better than him and none are debatable, except if you wanna debate "success."

In any order: Lebron, Durant, Melo, Griffin, Aldridge, Paul, Curry, Kobe (if he returns back healthy), Westbrook, Love, and if you don't want to include Kobe since he barely played this season, feel free to include any of Howard, Harden, and Davis.

RIP CITY
05-19-2014, 05:26 PM
No Paul George can not surpass LeBron, I wish he could but no. I'd take George over Melo and Harden for sure though.

Relinquish
05-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Nope. If we're talking a point guard maybe, but PG is so integral to what they do, controlling players' paths to the paint, taking on tough assignments, and covering when his teammates miss assignments. Without him, they lose a big part of their defensive identity.

Tell me how they would be worse off. They would finally have a guy who can shoot the three at a GREAT percentage, something they desperately need, as well as someone who can take over when needed. George is not capable of having huge games at nearly the same frequency that Melo is. The Pacers would go from a good team to an undisputed championship contender.

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:28 PM
You're so clueless it's just ridiculous. PG is not in any way "way up there." He is not even a top 10 player in the league. :confusedshrug:

These are all players that are better than him and none are debatable, except if you wanna debate "success."

In any order: Lebron, Durant, Melo, Griffin, Aldridge, Paul, Curry, Kobe (if he returns back healthy), Westbrook, Love, and if you don't want to include Kobe since he barely played this season, feel free to include any of Howard, Harden, and Davis.
Don't name names randomly and speak in generalities, or say it "isn't debatable". Tell me why specifically you feel this way and we can continue the conversation my dude. :cheers:

Real14
05-19-2014, 05:30 PM
How is his team carrying him, if he's defensive minded himself, and guides perimeter players into the help in the paint?
I think the majority of the people on here would agree that George has a system that is carrying him. Any small forward would thrive in his place, even Ariza. Melo don't have protection like that, that will send his team to the line more than others. Last night's game is a prime example of how pacers don't have trouble going to the line.

sd3035
05-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Paul George certainly has a better skill set so he definitely has the potential.

Real14
05-19-2014, 05:31 PM
I'd take George over Melo and Harden for sure though.
Go sit somewhere.

Relinquish
05-19-2014, 05:33 PM
I think the majority of the people on here would agree that George has a system that is carrying him. Any small forward would thrive in his place, even Ariza. Melo don't have protection like that, that will send his team to the line more than others. Last night's game is a prime example of how pacers don't have trouble going to the line.

Exactly. Just your typical Pacers home cooking in the playoffs. The Knicks sure know about it... 48-16 in game 6 last year. :eek: :eek:

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Tell me how they would be worse off. They would finally have a guy who can shoot the three at a GREAT percentage, something they desperately need. The Pacers would go from a good team to and undisputed championship contender.
Carmelo: 2.2-5.4
PG: 2.3-6.3

That's a huge difference? Undisputed championship contender? C'mon dude.

Real14
05-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Exactly. Just your typical Pacers home cooking in the playoffs. The Knicks sure know about it... 48-16 in game 6 last year. :eek: :eek:
Yup you damn right, but this guy swear George is that damn great:coleman:

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:37 PM
On the season, Indy averages 23.3 FTA/g. Below league average. They took 37 last night. That's an anomaly.

Putting a contract year warrior like Ariza in the same paragraph as George is disrespectful dude. He played my Lakers the same way he's playing the Wizards now. He'll be back to being a scrub next year.

Draz
05-19-2014, 05:38 PM
No

fpliii
I have nothing against either of you, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. No hard feelings, guess we both just feel pretty strongly about this and have different opinions. :cheers:

Smook A.
Sure he can. All he needs to do is...

Win more than 2 championships
Win more than 4 MVPs
Get multiple, MULTIPLE all-star appearences
Get many many all-nba 1st teams
Also he needs to consistently average 27/7/6 every year for the rest of his career

THEN he can surpass LeBron, but I don't see all those things happening to PG

ProfessorMurder
05-19-2014, 05:41 PM
He already did surpass Bran.

DaSeba5
05-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Sure he can. All he needs to do is...

Win more than 2 championships
Win more than 4 MVPs
Get multiple, MULTIPLE all-star appearences
Get many many all-nba 1st teams
Also he needs to consistently average 27/7/6 every year for the rest of his career

THEN he can surpass LeBron, but I don't see all those things happening to PG

:lol

Hey Yo
05-19-2014, 05:43 PM
He already did surpass Bran.
on impregnating strippers

TheMarkMadsen
05-19-2014, 05:47 PM
:oldlol:

If Bosh is a legit all-star then so is David West.

So the guy that's made 9 straight all star teams isn't a legit all star..

:facepalm :facepalm

Relinquish
05-19-2014, 05:47 PM
on impregnating strippers

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Relinquish
05-19-2014, 05:48 PM
I have nothing against either of you, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. No hard feelings, guess we both just feel pretty strongly about this and have different opinions. :cheers:

I understand that you are predicting that he will be a great player in the future, potentially a hall-of-famer, and I respect your opinions. It's just that right now he's not nearly as good of a player as you are making him out to be. I understand that you really like him, but he's just not nearly there yet. I feel the same way that you do about George with John Wall. I want to say that he will be an all time great and that he has taken the next step, but he still has a long, long way to go. :cheers:

fpliii
05-19-2014, 05:51 PM
I understand that you are predicting that he will be a great player in the future, potentially a hall-of-famer, and I respect your opinions. It's just that right now he's not nearly as good of a player as you are making him out to be. I understand that you really like him, but he's just not nearly there yet. :cheers:
Nah, I'm not predicting, speaking of his current level of play alone. That's why we'll have to agree to disagree. :cheers:

RIP CITY
05-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Go sit somewhere.

I am sitting, and I'd still take George over Melo and Harden.

Relinquish
05-19-2014, 06:00 PM
I am sitting, and I'd still take George over Melo and Harden.

Why would you take George over Melo? And don't say because he's not a choker. :lol :lol

Look at George's playoffs averages for his career. They make Melo's underwhelming averages look like the GOAT, and if any of the teams Melo played on (in the east I mean) were NEARLY as good as this Pacers team is currently, he would be considered to be a much better and more respected player.

RIP CITY
05-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Why would you take George over Melo? And don't say because he's not a choker. Look at George's playoffs averages for his career. They make Melo's underwhelming averages look like the GOAT, and if any of the teams Melo played on (in the east I mean) were NEARLY as good as this Pacers team is currently, he would be considered to be a much better and more respected player. :lol :lol

Because I value defense above all. George can give me 20 PPG and elite perimeter defense. Don't get me wrong, it's close because Melo is a much better scorer and I don't think he's a choker at all actually, I just prefer having a player that plays well on both ends of the floor. I think he's a better rebounder, passer, defender and leader than Melo, he just needs to be more consistent offensively.

If you prefer offense, I can definitely see why you would rather have Melo but I think George is the better overall player, just by a bit.

I wasn't including this in my reasoning before but Paul George is also alot younger.

Kingwillball
05-19-2014, 06:16 PM
No he can never surpass Lebron he isn't good enough. He can't even surpass Melo as an individual player IMO. Dude will long forgotten 20 years from now in the history if nba he is a dime a dozen player.

knicksman
05-19-2014, 06:53 PM
all he needs is 1 ring. 1 legit ring>>>>2 cheap rings

dubeta
05-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Lets be honest, George is just a borderline all star playing on a great team similar to Billups with the Pistons. The reason he is hyped as superstar is because of desperate Kobe homers trying to latch on to someone else :facepalm

JellyBean
05-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Oh my word. :banghead: