PDA

View Full Version : Why Doesnt LeBron Guard Hibbert?

selrahc
05-19-2014, 11:19 PM
He can guard positions 1 - 5, right?

inclinerator
05-19-2014, 11:21 PM
uses too much energy, he needs everybit of energy on the offensive end cuz their offense arent that good

besides hibber isnt the most dangerous guy on the pacers\

-smak

b0bab0i
05-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Hibbert sucks ass, he will take himself out of the game again.

nathanjizzle
05-19-2014, 11:24 PM
dude would foul out by the end of the first half.

navy
05-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Hibbert sucks offensively. It will work if they dont call touch fouls for him.

no pun intended
05-19-2014, 11:27 PM
dude would foul out by the end of the first half.
This.

Black and White
05-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Maybe its because the idea that he can guard centres is just another piece of fabricated bullshit by the media???

LeBron can guard 1-4.

- Smak

livinglegend
05-19-2014, 11:30 PM
So you want him to guard Hibbert. Then, lead his team in every big statistic categories. Then, take over games when his team is down big. Then, being clutch in in the 4th.

What are the other guys on the team paid for?

hawksdogsbraves
05-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Why waste your best defender on a total scrub?

AintNoSunshine
05-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Because the Big Trashcan isn't even Pacers' 2 best player, you don't expect Lebron to guard 3 players at a time right?

I have a similar question: why doesn't Kobe score 100 points every game if he's such a great scorer?

Genaro
05-19-2014, 11:35 PM
West went off while being guarded by Bran, I wonder if Hibbert would go for a career high if that happens.

livinglegend
05-19-2014, 11:36 PM
West went off while being guarded by Bran, I wonder if Hibbert would go for a career high if that happens.
:facepalm
west is better than hibbert

Marlo_Stanfield
05-19-2014, 11:38 PM
i guarantee you lebron would shut down hibbert but thats not the biggest problem.
west is much better

truhooper
05-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Are you inferring it would be a slight to Lebron because he can't consistently guard a 7'2" sloth :biggums:

nnn123
05-19-2014, 11:40 PM
So you want him to guard Hibbert. Then, lead his team in every big statistic categories. Then, take over games when his team is down big. Then, being clutch in in the 4th.

Well LeBron doesn't do those things, so I don't think it's a crazy idea

Genaro
05-19-2014, 11:40 PM
:facepalm
west is better than hibbert
Yes but Lebron's ball denial works better against a smaller and not so strong player.

JohnMax
05-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Korver > Bran

livinglegend
05-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Well LeBron doesn't do those things, so I don't think it's a crazy idea

game 7 finals

next

nnn123
05-19-2014, 11:59 PM
game 7 finals

next

Umm....

2011 finals

next

See I can play too d!pshit

Ne 1
05-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Because Hibbert would literally sh!t on him. I disagree with the notion that Lebron can effectively guard centers to begin with, but especially when its a center as big and strong as Hibbert, he would just feast on James, both offensively and on the boards. If LeBron guarded Hibbert for a whole game, Hibbert could realistically put up peak Shaq numbers.

CHi1PriDe
05-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Maybe its because the idea that he can guard centres is just another piece of fabricated bullshit by the media???

LeBron can guard 1-4.

- Smak

Hah I thought inclinerator was Smaks other account but then I saw this. Not gonna lie, shit cracked me up :roll: :lol :oldlol: :cheers:

RedBlackAttack
05-20-2014, 12:28 AM
He's not capable of doing it successfully for any significant length of time. That's probably why.

Believe it or not, it's not a slight to a SF -- no matter how great -- to believe he is not capable of having success defending a very big, very strong center. If you think that's what he should be expected to do, you're inadvertently heaping praise on the man while intending to slight him.

J/S

inclinerator
05-20-2014, 12:36 AM
He's not capable of doing it successfully for any significant length of time. That's probably why.

Believe it or not, it's not a slight to a SF -- no matter how great -- to believe he is not capable of having success defending a very big, very strong center. If you think that's what he should be expected to do, you're inadvertently heaping praise on the man while intending to slight him.

J/S
he just doesnt have the experience, like someone said paul milsap shut him down

-smak

Marchesk
05-20-2014, 12:43 AM

You have to have 5 players on the court. Lebron has to team up with someone. Besides, he can't win championships all by himself, unlike Magic and Russell.

RedBlackAttack
05-20-2014, 12:55 AM
he just doesnt have the experience, like someone said paul milsap shut him down

-smak
I don't believe James has the defensive chops to do it for a significant portion of the game, period. Although I do think he has slipped a little in recent years defensively, there are still areas on the floor where he can be an absolute menace. His hedging and ability to cover a huge distance due to his speed/length combination is still a major reason the Heat are as good as they are.

However, defending a behemoth in the post? That's not one of those things he does on a high level. Down there, a lot of his most deadly traits are neutralized and he'd pick up a lot of fouls trying to muscle-up with Hibbert. It's pretty much the last thing the Heat should ever consider doing... like, a total last resort, desperation move.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-20-2014, 01:52 AM
Umm....

2011 finals

next

See I can play too d!pshit
If failures define an individual then Abraham Lincoln would be the biggest loser in history.
But it's not failures that define us, provided we can move on, evolve to our situation and ultimately better ourselves.
It is undeniable Lebron has done that.
You are a simple-minded person.
Next.