PDA

View Full Version : Must be depressing for Kobe

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Seeing Duncan win another ring while being one of the main men behind it, thus solidifying his status as a greater basketball player than Kobe.

All while Kobe himself knows he will never will another ring in the stacked west :lol

I bet Kobe sells a lot of shoes though.

Fudge
05-20-2014, 12:08 AM
You're worried more about Kobe, who's probably at home fcuking his wife, than LeBron winning this year. :oldlol:

You automatically take the L.

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Nah Kobe wont feel too bad, Duncan is ahead of him with or without his fifth ring anyway, while Lebron's legacy is still questionable when compared to Kobe's so if I were Kobe Id definitely root for Duncan and the Spurs against the Heat in NBA finals.

Cold soul
05-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Seeing Duncan win another ring while being one of the main men behind it, thus solidifying his status as a greater basketball player than Kobe.

All while Kobe himself knows he will never will another ring in the stacked west :lol

I bet Kobe sells a lot of shoes though.

Kobe living in your head rent free. Let me guess you're some fatass living in your parents basement. Sad life you must have, brah.

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:12 AM
You're worried more about Kobe, who's probably at home fcuking his wife, than LeBron winning this year. :oldlol:

Not even a LeBron fan :lol So insecure you had to mention him :roll:

Now I kinda hope it's the Heat vs Spurs. Lose lose for Kobe stans.

Fudge
05-20-2014, 12:14 AM
This kids pulling for LeBron to win over his hometown team. How is that. :oldlol:

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Kobe living in your head rent free. Let me guess you're some fatass living in your parents basement. Sad life you must have, brah.

Swing and a miss.

And fyi, nobody cares about a person who makes ad hominem attacks. Think about it son.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-20-2014, 12:16 AM
thread is dumb
Kobe never surpassed Tim GOATen and never really had a chance to do so

Fox
This kids pulling for LeBron to win over his hometown team. How is that. :oldlol:

Not a Pacers fan either. Try again.

AnaheimLakers24
i bought kobe shoes so the last part is probably true

ThePhantomCreep
05-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Rofl, Duncan plays on an absurdly stacked team. Was he even on the court when San Antonio took over in the third?

Duncan 2014 ring = Kareem 1987 ring.

Fox
thread is dumb

Agree, but some fans (guess they're Kobe stans) think Kobe is greater than Duncan now. That's why I chose the word 'solidifying'.

Kiddlovesnets
thread is dumb

This... Actually Kobe did get his chance in 2011, a three-peat would change his legacy dramatically but he failed hard. The Lakers got swept by the underdog Mavericks and since then Kobe never had another chance to catch up against Duncan.

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:19 AM
i bought kobe shoes so the last part is probably true

Rofl, Duncan plays on an absurdly stacked team. Was he even on the court when San Antonio took over in the third?

Delusional Kobe stans detected :lol

ThePhantomCreep
05-20-2014, 12:19 AM
This... Actually Kobe did get his chance in 2011, a three-peat would change his legacy dramatically but he failed hard. The Lakers got swept by the underdog Mavericks and since then Kobe never had another chance to catch up against Duncan.

How did the great Tim Duncan fare in the playoffs that year?

AnaheimLakers24
05-20-2014, 12:20 AM
:lol

zoom17
05-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Duncan> kobe

Kiddlovesnets
05-20-2014, 12:22 AM
How did the great Tim Duncan fare in the playoffs that year?

Duncan's Spurs lost in 1st round to the 8th seed Grizzlies, which was why Kobe had a really good chance that year. But Kobe's Lakers failed equally hard, he did not take advantage of this opportunity and now theres no way he will get another chance to surpass Duncan as he had in 2011. The two players legacies are pretty much set in stone now, Duncan can still hope to improve his slightly by winning another title, which will put him in front of Shaq.

ThePhantomCreep
05-20-2014, 12:22 AM
Delusional Kobe stans detected :lol

Truth hurts.

Duncan 2011-2014 = Monster game once every month. He can't even average his old unimpressive 20/10 stats anymore.

He'll be chipping in his usual 13/8 in game 2, don't worry.

Fudge
05-20-2014, 12:23 AM
7. Kobe
8. Duncan

:oldlol:

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:27 AM
Truth hurts.

Duncan 2011-2014 = Monster game once every month. He can't even average his usual non-impressive 20/10 stats anymore.

He'll be chipping in his usual 13/8 in game 2, don't worry.

What truth?

That Duncan is already greater than Kobe, and by adding another ring this year while being a huge contributor Duncan is solifidying that he is indeed greater than Kobe?

Then yes, of course. But I already stated that. Try to keep up.

PickernRoller
05-20-2014, 12:33 AM

:lol :lol

Kobe >Duncan and OP can rage all he wants - the truth won't change. Ask Duncan himself - he knows he ain't better. All you need to know.

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 12:38 AM

Kobe >Duncan and OP can rage all he wants - the truth won't change. Ask Duncan himself - he knows he ain't better. All you need to know.

Some reporter once listed 20 guys who he thought were better than Duncan (among them were Isiah, Cousy, Stockton, etc). Duncan nodded and said, you've got a bunch of guys right there.

So, can you answer honestly: do you agree that Stockton is ahead of Duncan?

(Don't relate this to Kobe. You can think Kobe's better, I have no problem with that. I'm questioning your absurd reasoning.)

Cold soul
05-20-2014, 12:42 AM
OP epic fail thread. Duncan hasn't won anything since 2007 much less ever repeated as champion during his title years. Last year during NBA Finals Duncan missed easy put back for the lead yet nobody brings it up.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif

riseagainst
OP is a fakkit.

Fox

Lol @ raging. More like laughing at you delusional Kobe stans :lol It's funny when you observe such idiocy.

Duncan knows he's building his legacy and just confirming that he's greater than Kobe. Another title with a good finals performance, FMVP or not, would put him out of Kobe's reach since Kobe will never win another ring.

Jacks3
05-20-2014, 12:43 AM
Kobe has more rings than the entire Sperms franchise.

Whats there to be depressed about?

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:43 AM
OP is a fakkit.

Stay salty cuz

Deuce Bigalow
05-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Boiled down:::

http://thestudenttimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/kobe-bryant-championship-5.jpg

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHO/AAIK222.jpg

tanner892
05-20-2014, 12:44 AM
You're worried more about Kobe, who's probably at home raping his wife, than LeBron winning this year. :oldlol:

fixed

imnew09
05-20-2014, 12:45 AM
and they said Lakers fans are annoying LOL. Haters these days

Cold soul
05-20-2014, 12:46 AM
Lol @ raging. More like laughing at you delusional Kobe stans :lol It's funny when you observe such idiocy.

Duncan knows he's building his legacy and just confirming that he's greater than Kobe. Another title with a good finals performance, FMVP or not, would put him out of Kobe's reach since Kobe will never win another ring.

You sure love to talk about Kobe. It sounds like an insecure ****** to me.

sportjames23
05-20-2014, 12:46 AM

Or OP's wife. :oldlol:

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Kobe has more rings than the entire Sperms franchise.

Whats there to be depressed about?

Can't read?

The fact that Duncan is on the verge on getting his 5th ring and possibly 4th FMVP, something Kobe will never match. Duncan is currently confirming his legacy as the greatest basketball player of his generation and most certainly greater than Kobe.

Basically if the Pacers don't reach the Finals it's a Kobe stans worst night mare. Either LeBron gets his 3rd ring and likely 3rd FMVP, which is one more FMVP than Kobe. AND it leaves LeBron plenty of time to get a 4th title and 4t FMVP. OR Timmy gets his 5th ring thus confirming what we all know is the truth: Tim Duncan is greater than Kobe Bryant.

Duncan NCAA legacy. Kobe Bench warming legacy
Duncan 2 x NCAA player of the year. Kobe "shaq's little brother" of the year.
Duncan NBA Rookie of the year. Kobe "Shaq's 2nd fiddle" for next 7 yrs.
Duncan 2 x season MVP. Kobe 1
Duncan 3 x FMVP. Kobe 2
Duncan 1 x Finals loss. Kobe 2 x finals losses
Duncan 1 x MVP sweep (2003). Kobe 0

Sucks being a Kobe stan :roll:

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:53 AM
You sure love to talk about Kobe. It sounds like an insecure ****** to me.

I don't like his face.

No, but seriously. His stans annoy me. Duncan is greater than Kobe, but they're simply too narrow-minded and brainwashed to realize it.

Deuce Bigalow
05-20-2014, 12:55 AM
Can't read?

The fact that Duncan is on the verge on getting his 5th ring and possibly 4th FMVP, something Kobe will never match. Duncan is currently confirming his legacy as the greatest basketball player of his generation and most certainly greater than Kobe.

Basically if the Pacers don't reach the Finals it's a Kobe stans worst night mare. Either LeBron gets his 3rd ring and likely 3rd FMVP, which is one more FMVP than Kobe. AND it leaves LeBron plenty of time to get a 4th title and 4t FMVP. OR Timmy gets his 5th ring thus confirming what we all know is the truth: Tim Duncan is greater than Kobe Bryant.

Duncan NCAA legacy. Kobe Bench warming legacy
Duncan 2 x NCAA player of the year. Kobe "shaq's little brother" of the year.
Duncan NBA Rookie of the year. Kobe "Shaq's 2nd fiddle" for next 7 yrs.
Duncan 2 x season MVP. Kobe 1
Duncan 3 x FMVP. Kobe 2
Duncan 0 x Finals losses. Kobe 2 x finals losses
Duncan 1 x MVP sweep (2003). Kobe 0

Sucks being a Kobe stan :roll:
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0618/nba_u_allenshot_gb1_576.jpg

Boiled down:::

http://thestudenttimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/kobe-bryant-championship-5.jpg

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHO/AAIK222.jpg

DFish24
05-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Duncan is a role player averaging 15/8, so no a title doesn't put him over Kobe. Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, if Duncan wins this year it's like a '87 Kareem title where he put up 19/7.

Fox
OP epic fail thread. Duncan hasn't won anything since 2007 much less ever repeated as champion during his title years. Last year during NBA Finals Duncan missed easy put back for the lead yet nobody brings it up.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif

Lol @ all this idiot. Duncan still gets it done, Kobe is on a couch.

You Kobe stans are well aware of Tim Duncan and his accomplishments. And even though you respect him more than LeBron. It's still a big dilemma for you guys, because a 5th ring for Duncan along with a possibly 4th FMVP (already has one more than Kobe) will indeed confirm his superior legacy.

Lakers fans are narrowminded and aren't able to look a Kobe's career objectively. Let me put it in words you can understand. Kobe is a brilliant scorer, but it's a well known fact that Kobe needed the GOAT coach, the most dominant Big man of all-time, multiple All-NBA players alongside him and the triangle offense. Duncan needed only Pop and quality role players.

ZaaaaaH
Kobe owned the Spurs just about every year.

Duncan is still the best PF All Time

-Smak

sportjames23

LOL, I just noticed Manu flopping in this pic. :oldlol:

Fox
05-20-2014, 12:59 AM

lmao. gonna change that now. Old habits.

Still, Kobe lost Finals twice. Duncan only once.

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 01:10 AM
Duncan is a role player averaging 15/8, so no a title doesn't put him over Kobe. Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, if Duncan wins this year it's like a '87 Kareem title where he put up 19/7.

I will admit unless Duncan goes ape-shit this round and in the Finals, this ring probably won't do much for his legacy (aside from the stupid 5>4 argument).

However, to call Duncan a role player right now is absurd. If 2014 Playoff Duncan is a role player, so is almost everyone else in the league.

Cold soul
05-20-2014, 01:10 AM
I don't like his face.

No, but seriously. His stans annoy me. Duncan is greater than Kobe, but they're simply too narrow-minded and brainwashed to realize it.

And yet you make a pointless thread about it. Oh really? Is that way most of the world has Kobe ranked over Duncan currently. It's okay take the L and move on.

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2014, 01:14 AM
lmao. gonna change that now. Old habits.

Still, Kobe lost Finals twice. Duncan only once.

So making 5 finals and losing one is better than making 7 finals and losing two

Hater logic :roll: :roll:

Cold soul
05-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Lol @ all this idiot. Duncan still gets it done, Kobe is on a couch.

You Kobe stans are well aware of Tim Duncan and his accomplishments. And even though you respect him more than LeBron. It's still a big dilemma for you guys, because a 5th ring for Duncan along with a possibly 4th FMVP (already has one more than Kobe) will indeed confirm his superior legacy.

Lakers fans are narrowminded and aren't able to look a Kobe's career objectively. Let me put it in words you can understand. Kobe is a brilliant scorer, but it's a well known fact that Kobe needed the GOAT coach, the most dominant Big man of all-time, multiple All-NBA players alongside him and the triangle offense. Duncan needed only Pop and quality role players.

Duncan didn't get job done last year and flat out chocked in game 7. Duncan has had for his entire career a top three coach all-time in Pop. Duncan played with HOF talent and pretty good players in David Robertson, Tony Parker, Manu ginobili, etc. Lol calling Duncan cast role players you're an idiot.

Legends66NBA7
05-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Can the mods close this thread ?

Literally no point to this.

Deuce Bigalow
05-20-2014, 01:17 AM
Championships: Kobe 5. Duncan 4.

Finals: Kobe 7. Duncan 5.

Head-to-head playoff record: Kobe 4-2. Duncan 2-4.

Playoff record with HCA: Kobe 27-2. Duncan 28-6.

50-win teams beaten in the playoffs: Kobe 24. Duncan 16.

All-NBA First Teams: Kobe 11. Duncan 10.

Scoring/Rebounding/Assist/Steals/Block/FG%/FT% Titles: Kobe 2. Duncan 0.

Cold soul
05-20-2014, 01:18 AM
Championships: Kobe 5. Duncan 4.

Finals: Kobe 7. Duncan 5.

Head-to-head playoff record: Kobe 4-2. Duncan 2-4.

Playoff record with HCA: Kobe 27-2. Duncan 28-6.

50-win teams beaten in the playoffs: Kobe 24. Duncan 16.

All-NBA First Teams: Kobe 11. Duncan 10.

Scoring/Rebounding/Assist/Steals/Block/FG%/FT% Titles: Kobe 2. Duncan 0.

:applause:

/thread

Fox
05-20-2014, 01:21 AM
So making 5 finals and losing one is better than making 7 finals and losing two

Hater logic :roll: :roll:

Did I say that? I simply pointed out that Kobe has lost more Finals than Duncan. After this year when the Spurs win 6 Finals with 5 wins will be better than 7 Finals and 5 wins though. Higher win % in Finals.

inb4 "but at least Kobe made it to the Finals one more time than Duncan". Guess what? Idgaf, he lost more too. Not impressive.

J Shuttlesworth
05-20-2014, 01:21 AM
So irrelevant to compare Duncan to Kobe considering Kobe had prime Shaq with him for 3 of those rings.

Look at FMVPs and MVPs. 2 MVPs, 3 FMVPs on 4 rings. I'd say FMVP/MVP are bigger individual accomplishments than just someones ring count. Plus Duncan has better longevity wise and controls the defensive game a lot more than Kobe ever has, even at this age.

Fox
05-20-2014, 01:23 AM
And yet you make a pointless thread about it. Oh really? Is that way most of the world has Kobe ranked over Duncan currently. It's okay take the L and move on.

Maybe in a world where Kobe stans are the only inhabitants.

In the real world we all know Duncan is greater than Kobe. Especially after he wins his 5th ring and possibly 4th FMVP this season.

Artillery
05-20-2014, 01:25 AM
:oldlol: Lakers paying 30 million for a cripple

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2014, 01:25 AM
Did I say that? I simply pointed out that Kobe has lost more Finals than Duncan. After this year when the Spurs win 6 Finals with 5 wins will be better than 7 Finals and 5 wins though. Higher win % in Finals.

inb4 "but at least Kobe made it to the Finals one more time than Duncan". Guess what? Idgaf, he lost more too. Not impressive.

Not impressive to make it to the finals more times and win more rings while doing so..

These delusional haters

Fox
05-20-2014, 01:26 AM
Duncan didn't get job done last year and flat out chocked in game 7. Duncan has had for his entire career a top three coach all-time in Pop. Duncan played with HOF talent and pretty good players in David Robertson, Tony Parker, Manu ginobili, etc. Lol calling Duncan cast role players you're an idiot.

And Kobe didn't get the job done twice in the Finals. I can nitpick too. All those things still dont compare to having Phil (Phil > Pop) and Shaq (Shaq >>>> anything Duncan ever played with). Try as much as you want. But those are quality players, but no super star like Shaq. Who gives a fukk about "pretty good players"? Stay idiotic.

Artillery
05-20-2014, 01:26 AM
So irrelevant to compare Duncan to Kobe considering Kobe had prime Shaq with him for 3 of those rings.

Look at FMVPs and MVPs. 2 MVPs, 3 FMVPs on 4 rings. I'd say FMVP/MVP are bigger individual accomplishments than just someones ring count. Plus Duncan has better longevity wise and controls the defensive game a lot more than Kobe ever has, even at this age.

Even in his prime, Kobe was a bad defender. RAPM doesn't lie.

Fox
05-20-2014, 01:27 AM
Not impressive to make it to the finals more times and win more rings while doing so..

These delusional haters

Duncan has one more FMVP than Kobe, who was carried by Shaq. Idgaf that he has one more ring in more tries. After this year Duncan will have the SAME amount of rings in LESS tries. Deal with it, stan.

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Maybe in a world where Kobe stans are the only inhabitants.

In the real world we all know Duncan is greater than Kobe. Especially after he wins his 5th ring and possibly 4th FMVP this season.

In the real world Kobe was voted as the player of the decade.

Not Duncan.

http://beta.sportingnews.com/article/118425-sporting-news-nba-athlete-decade-kobe-bryant-sg-lakers

http://www.nba.com/alldecade/vote13/

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/340253-kobe-bryant-player-of-the-decade-in-the-nba

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top-10-players-in-NBA-history#photo-title=Kobe+Bryant+%25281996-present%2529&photo=30219332

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 01:29 AM

No, he didn't. Green, Tony and Manu choked.

"Choking" needs to be balanced with expectations. That anyone would expect a 37-year-old to be the best player for his team in the Finals is absurd, especially when most Kobe stans love propping up TP as some sort of GOAT candidate.

I agree that Duncan didn't just have a group of role players, but David Robinson was elite for the first three years and then he started breaking down, fast. Tony and Manu have been two of the most inconsistent stars this league has ever seen. We can't really compare Kobe's and Duncan's help. Kobe got to play with a guy who averaged 28/14/3/3 in his Laker career. That alone should end all discussion. But on top of that, Kobe got to play with 20/10 Gasol and, like Duncan, a bunch of great role players (remember Fisher dropping 18 per game on the Spurs in '01, shooting 75% from 3)?

Artillery
05-20-2014, 01:30 AM
And Kobe didn't get the job done twice in the Finals. I can nitpick too. All those things still dont compare to having Phil (Phil > Pop) and Shaq (Shaq >>>> anything Duncan ever played with). Try as much as you want. But those are quality players, but no super star like Shaq. Who gives a fukk about "pretty good players"? Stay idiotic.

Yup. Kobe had another ALL-NBA player on every one of his championships(3 times Shaq, 2 times Gasol). Duncan was the only ALL-NBA player on every one of his championship teams.

Fox
05-20-2014, 01:31 AM
In the real world Kobe was voted as the player of the decade.

Not Duncan.

By people who dont know basketball and blindly follow a stupid narrative created by pro-Kobe people (media in LA vs media in San Antonio etc). However, people who truly look at their careers will see that Duncan is the greater player. After his 5t ring and possibly 4th FMVP (2 more than Kobe) it will be confirmed. And hopefully the same clueless people who voted Kobe as the player of the decade will realize that the greatest players of their generation (generation > decade) was Tim Duncan.

Cold soul
05-20-2014, 01:34 AM
No, he didn't. Green, Tony and Manu choked.

"Choking" needs to be balanced with expectations. That anyone would expect a 37-year-old to be the best player for his team in the Finals is absurd, especially when most Kobe stans love propping up TP as some sort of GOAT candidate.

I agree that Duncan didn't just have a group of role players, but David Robinson was elite for the first three years and then he started breaking down, fast. Tony and Manu have been two of the most inconsistent stars this league has ever seen. We can't really compare Kobe's and Duncan's help. Kobe got to play with a guy who averaged 28/14/3/3 in his Laker career. That alone should end all discussion. But on top of that, Kobe got to play with 20/10 Gasol and, like Duncan, a bunch of great role players (remember Fisher dropping 18 per game on the Spurs in '01, shooting 75% from 3)?

Sure those players chocked worse I agree with you. I hate when people act like Duncan didn't have pretty good cast around him on top of amazing coaching his whole career.

Marlo_Stanfield
whoever puts kobe over duncan at this point is certified 100% INSANE:coleman:

Artillery
By people who dont know basketball and blindly follow a stupid narrative created by pro-Kobe people (media etc). However, people who truly look at their careers will se that Duncan is the greater player. After his 5t ring and possibly 4th FMVP (2 more than Kobe) it will be confirmed. And hopefully the same clueless people who voted Kobe as the player of the decade will realize that the greatest players of their generation (generation > decade) was Tim Duncan.

Impact-wise, Kobe isn't even the 5th best player of the decade.

Lebron/Duncan/Shaq are all clearly ahead. Then you have KG/Dirk whose impact statistics are all more impressive than SidekickBe's. Kobe's comes in at 6th imo.

TheMarkMadsen
05-20-2014, 01:37 AM
By people who dont know basketball and blindly follow a stupid narrative created by pro-Kobe people (media in LA vs media in San Antonio etc). However, people who truly look at their careers will see that Duncan is the greater player. After his 5t ring and possibly 4th FMVP (2 more than Kobe) it will be confirmed. And hopefully the same clueless people who voted Kobe as the player of the decade will realize that the greatest players of their generation (generation > decade) was Tim Duncan.

:roll: :roll:

Kobe was unanimously selected as the NBA player of the decade

Let it go buddy

http://beta.sportingnews.com/article...yant-sg-lakers

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...ade-in-the-nba

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/T...photo=30219332

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 01:39 AM
Sure those players chocked worse I agree with you. I hate when people act like Duncan didn't have pretty good cast around him on top of amazing coaching his whole career.

Duncan had great teams the vast majority of his career (though the 2000-2003 Spurs were mediocre at best. Most honest viewers who watched those years would agree). All I'm saying is it wasn't as good as Kobe's was.

Who do you think had more help?

Fox
05-20-2014, 01:46 AM
:roll: :roll:

Kobe was unanimously selected as the NBA player of the decade

Let it go buddy

http://beta.sportingnews.com/article...yant-sg-lakers

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...ade-in-the-nba

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/T...photo=30219332

And I still don't care about some arbitrary ranking by so called experts. Lol @ using this as part of an argument. Make your argument look weak. Like I already wrote. It's a narrative created by pro-Kobe media (LA is much bigger, has much more hype), and when you add the fact that there's only a ONE ring differential between them (soon to be 0, because Duncan is winning his 5th rings this season), Duncan having one more FMVP (underrated fact!) AND the fact that Kobe played under GOAT coach Phil Jackson (Phil > Pop) and had the luxury of possibly the GOAT Center in Shaq (Shaq >>>>> anything Duncan has had)... well, then there's no contest. Duncan is the greatest of the two.

And if you really want to get technical, a decade is 10 years. Both players have played longer than 10 year, much longer actually. It's called longevity, and the greatest athletes (NBA, NFL, boxing, baseball, soccer) are measured by that. Duncan beats Kobe here.

Cold soul
05-20-2014, 01:48 AM
Duncan had great teams the vast majority of his career (though the 2000-2003 Spurs were mediocre at best. Most honest viewers who watched those years would agree). All I'm saying is it wasn't as good as Kobe's was.

Who do you think had more help?

Hmm good question. Let's see as 2nd option Kobe played with prime Pau Gasol and Shaq at his peak so overall as best player next to the star I have to go with Kobe here overall, but as all round cast and role players go than Duncan. I'm big Duncan fan myself both Kobe/Duncan aren't too far off as all-time greats go on GOAT list they both have solid case being ranked over each other. Both are top 10 greats.

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Hmm good question. Let's see as 2nd option Kobe played with prime Pau Gasol and Shaq at his peak so overall as best player next to the star I have to go with Kobe here overall, but as all round cast and role players I'll go than Duncan. I'm big Duncan fan myself both Kobe/Duncan aren't too far off as all-time greats go on GOAT list they both have solid case being ranked over each other. Both are top 10 greats.

Fair enough. I just happen to think star power is what wins. Even 2010 Gasol is more valuable than any version of Manu or Tony imho. And peak Shaq? Forget about it.

But on top of that, Kobe did have some very well rounded casts too. People forget 00-03 Fisher was probably better than 02-04 Parker, who was Duncan's second option. Then there were guys like Eddie Jones and Lamar Odom.

I personally think Kobe had more help than Duncan in his career though. I don't think Kobe ever won a title as the clear underdog (like Duncan did coming into the '99 season, and throughout the '03 season).

Still, it'd be interesting to see how well each other would have done if they somehow were drafted by the opposite team. Does Shaq ever even leave LA? Do more stars join Kobe in SA?

PickernRoller
05-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Some reporter once listed 20 guys who he thought were better than Duncan (among them were Isiah, Cousy, Stockton, etc). Duncan nodded and said, you've got a bunch of guys right there.

So, can you answer honestly: do you agree that Stockton is ahead of Duncan?

(Don't relate this to Kobe. You can think Kobe's better, I have no problem with that. I'm questioning your absurd reasoning.)

What's absurd about Duncan admitting so on National TV when interviewed by Magic Johnson a year/months ago. Maybe I am more of a fan of Timmy than his "fans" :lol :lol

There is no contest on who's better period. Hardware front - check. Peak - check. Carried his team to 4 Finals, while being co-op for 3 w/ Shaq - check. 01, 04, 06-12 Better than Duncan - check. Eye test - check. Stats - check.

Those oblivious and in denial of the reality in front of them can convince themselves that they are fakkits if that's their wish.

The fallacy of ISH is that a popularity contests must be won to reach a consensus on who's better on player x vs. player y threads - redone a 1000 times a week. So normally trolls, haters etc collude and talk sh1t, and support whatever agenda they so wish on support of whichever side. Doesn't change reality now does it? Kobe > Duncan.

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 02:50 AM
What's absurd about Duncan admitting so on National TV when interviewed by Magic Johnson a year/months ago. Maybe I am more of a fan of Timmy than his "fans" :lol :lol

There is no contest on who's better period. Hardware front - check. Peak - check. Carried his team to 4 Finals, while being being co-op for 3 w/ Shaq - check. 01, 04, 06-12 Better than Duncan - check. Eye test - check. Stats - check.

This isn't a case where I have to convince people with "proof" on those obvlivious and in denial of the reality in front of them. The fallacy of ISH is that a popularity contests must be won to reach a consensus on who's better. So normally, trolls, haters etc collude talk sh1t, and support whatever agenda they so wish. Does that change reality? No. Kobe > Duncan.

This is why Kobe fans are usually idiots. I specifically said don't talk about Kobe. I'm asking you about something completely different.

But if you want to get into it. Duncan has a 24.7 Playoff PER to Kobe's 22.4. PER is how well you do statistically. Stats = Duncan. Peak = Duncan. Carried an All-Starless team the title. Kobe without another All-Star: 7th seed, 1st round exit. Eye test = Duncan (see how easy that one is?). Longevity = Duncan. Hardware front: 4+3+2 = 9. 5+2+1 = 8. Duncan better in 98-00, 02-05, 07, 13, 14.

Fudge
05-20-2014, 02:51 AM
Kobe is better than Duncan.

Let's leave it there and do some lines.

PickernRoller
05-20-2014, 03:04 AM
This is why Kobe fans are usually idiots. I specifically said don't talk about Kobe. I'm asking you about something completely different.

But if you want to get into it. Duncan has a 24.7 Playoff PER to Kobe's 22.4. PER is how well you do statistically. Stats = Duncan. Peak = Duncan. Carried an All-Starless team the title. Kobe without another All-Star: 7th seed, 1st round exit. Eye test = Duncan (see how easy that one is?). Longevity = Duncan. Hardware front: 4+3+2 = 9. 5+2+1 = 8. Duncan better in 98-00, 02-05, 07, 13, 14.

But seriously: do you have some sort of disability? I asked you about something completely different (whether guys like Stockton and Isiah are better than Duncan), and you turn it into a Kobe thing. :facepalm

PER....:roll: :roll:

Longevity - Kobe. He was actually relevant from 06-12. What you asked was moronic so I didn't bother. What you're trying to imply is borderline moronic too. You're trying to discredit Duncan words - strip them off of meaning to continue bickering about something that has no debate. When seriously asked on National TV we got the answer, not from a mouth piece, expert or high profile player, from the man himself. There is nothing, absolutely nothing more telling that the man himself admitting so. Recently too - after all is basically said and done with their careers - almost over. It's what it's.

Kobe > Duncan. No one can't be more delusional and idiotic than a Duncan fan thinking he's better than Kobe. You can take that to the bank. There is no debate. Like the usual end of these threads, it's Kobe > Duncan, Duncan>Kobe. Fact is there is only one choice - the correct choice: Kobe > Duncan.

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 03:12 AM
PER....:roll: :roll:

Longevity - Kobe. He was actually relevant from 06-12. What you asked was moronic so I didn't bother. What you're trying to imply is borderline moronic too. You're trying to discredit Duncan words - strip them off of meaning to continue bickering about something that has no debate. When seriously asked on National TV we got the answer, not from a mouth piece, expert or high profile player, from the man himself. There is nothing, absolutely nothing more telling that the man himself admitting so. Recently too - after all is basically said and done with their careers - almost over. It's what it's.

Kobe > Duncan. No one can't be more delusional and idiotic than a Duncan fan thinking he's better than Kobe. You can take that to the bank.

How are Kobe's stats better then? Don't just say they are. Duncan was elite from '97-'08, then again in '13 and '14. Kobe was elite from '00-'13. The difference is, Duncan from '09-'12 still shits all over Kobe from '96-'99. Duncan wins on longevity. Kobe hasn't played a damn Playoff game in two years. :oldlol:

Again, Duncan said Stockton and Isiah could be ranked ahead of him. Have you ever heard of humbleness? Duncan doesn't give himself these stupid titles like Kobe does. He just works hard and plays. dafuq you think he's gonna say? "Naw, I'm better than Bean?" Also, didn't he say he was the better player in the league currently?

Also, the entire TNT crew agreed that either Shaq or Duncan was the player of the decade. Stop acting like .001 of basketball viewers think Duncan is better than Kobe. The billions in China probably do, though.

PickernRoller
05-20-2014, 03:19 AM
How are Kobe's stats better then? Don't just say they are. Duncan was elite from '97-'08, then again in '13 and '14. Kobe was elite from '00-'13. The difference is, Duncan from '09-'12 still shits all over Kobe from '96-'99. Duncan wins on longevity. Kobe hasn't played a damn Playoff game in two years. :oldlol:

Again, Duncan said Stockton and Isiah could be ranked ahead of him. Have you ever heard of humbleness? Duncan doesn't give himself these stupid titles like Kobe does. He just works hard and plays. dafuq you think he's gonna say? "Naw, I'm better than Bean?" Also, didn't he say he was the better player in the league currently?

Also, the entire TNT crew agreed that either Shaq or Duncan was the player of the decade. Stop acting like .001 of basketball viewers think Duncan is better than Kobe. The billions in China probably do, though.

Kobe gives himself titles because he can actually claim them. But before you keep spouting non-sense, which titles does Kobe has actually claimed? Let me know I'll wait....since you claim so yourself.

As for longevity - nope. Still a big No. Unless you consider Andre Miller in the contest too. If we talk about Top 3 in the league from 1999-2014 Kobe will edge Duncan by a landslide - keep dreaming. 01,04,06-12. We can get as subjective as you want.... no contest. Only delusion.

Kobe > Duncan. Next.

I think people see Kobe with 5 rings, see Kobe as the best player in the league for a longer, sustained period. See Kobe trashing the Spurs usually when it comes to post-season play and see the better player on the floor. As for the TNT crew - they should rephrase the question to Top 10, Top 5. The answer will quickly change - and it DOES.

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 03:25 AM
Kobe gives himself titles because he can actually claim them. But before you keep spouting non-sense, which titles does Kobe has actually claimed? Let me know I'll wait....since you claim so yourself.

As for longevity - nope. Still a big No. Unless you consider Andre Miller in the contest too. If we talk about Top 3 in the league from 1999-2014 Kobe will edge Duncan by a landslide - keep dreaming. 01,04,06-12. We can get as subjective as you want.... no contest. Only delusion.

Kobe > Duncan. Next.

He's claimed the "Black Mamba." :oldlol: Nice nickname, but giving it to youself is beta as ****. Robin was probably better.

Nope, nope, nope all you want. Duncan was elite from 97-08, then again in 13 and 14. Kobe was elite from 00-13. You just spew a bunch of conjecture with nothing to back it up (because you can't?).

Next.

PickernRoller
05-20-2014, 03:30 AM
He's claimed the "Black Mamba." :oldlol: Nice nickname, but giving it to youself is beta as ****. Robin was probably better.

Nope, nope, nope all you want. Duncan was elite from 97-08, then again in 13 and 14. Kobe was elite from 00-13. You just spew a bunch of conjecture with nothing to back it up (because you can't?).

Next.

What's not back-able? That Kobe has a higher peak? That Kobe had sustained high level of play much longer throughout most of his career (Top 3)? Sustained the title as the best player in the league for much longer than Duncan? Has more rings? Completely owns the soul of the Spurs franchise when it comes to post-season play? Carried the Lakers to 4 Finals out of 7, 3 being co-op? Duncan carried the Spurs in 1, 4 being co-op? That your boy admits he is inferior? That your boy never stacks up in the Top 10 against Kobe if you ask any of the greats seriously?

All of those are facts. Keep the denial going - the meltdown is almost complete :lol

Again, Kobe>Duncan whether you feel convinced or not. It's a fact of life, not mine.

T_L_P
05-20-2014, 03:34 AM
What's not back-able? That Kobe has a higher peak? That Kobe had prolonged high level of play throughout most of his career? Sustained the title as the best player in the league for much longer than Duncan? Has more rings? Completely owns the soul of the Spurs franchise when it comes to post-season play? That your boy admits he is inferior? That your boy never stacks up in the Top 10 against Kobe if you ask any of the greats?

All of those are facts. Keep the denial going - the meltdown is almost complete :lol

Duncan's peak > Kobe's though. What is Kobe's peak, exactly? Winning with Shaq? Putting up 35 PPG in the regular season then completely choking in the Playoffs? Being the best player on the most stacked team in the league? Duncan in '03 is superior to any version of Kobe. A lot of people think this.

Also, Duncan never said Kobe was better than him. He called him the best in the league at that point, but what's that go to with whole careers? Also, like I said, it's not in Duncan's nature to call himself the best or chase the spotlight.

Seriously though, what's with this meltdown shit? Because I have an opinion? You must fraternise with fools if this is considered a meltdown. :oldlol:

PickernRoller
05-20-2014, 03:41 AM
Duncan's peak > Kobe's though. What is Kobe's peak, exactly? Winning with Shaq? Putting up 35 PPG in the regular season then completely choking in the Playoffs? Being the best player on the most stacked team in the league? Duncan in '03 is superior to any version of Kobe. A lot of people think this.

Also, Duncan never said Kobe was better than him. He called him the best in the league at that point, but what's that go to with whole careers? Also, like I said, it's not in Duncan's nature to call himself the best or chase the spotlight.

Seriously though, what's with this meltdown shit? Because I have an opinion? You must fraternise with fools if this is considered a meltdown. :oldlol:

You need to watch Duncan more ..... since it seems you are referring to an old interview where he admitted he wasn't better - Kobe being the best in the league at that point. I am actually talking recently - how he's striving to stack up with Kobe and Magic with 5. It's not the first time he has admitted who his master is.
You watch his tone and you'll see the undeniable truth - he doesn't compare. No humbleness, a man just being honest. Kobe's peak> Duncan....which is actually from 06-08. Your boy never had the luxury of playing with Kwame Brown, Smush Parker and the rest of the clowns while in his "peak". What should be noteworthy is how Kobe carried those clowns to the playoffs in the West- a major feat. It didn't took long for the league to fold when he actually got Gasol to back him up - 3 straight Finals period. I remember Pop crying in the media...that I do.

3+1+3. That is sustained dominance your boy will only dream off. The Spurs are a vulture franchise - always will be. When a dominant team comes about they move over like they always have. Vultured the title in 99, in 03, in 07 against teen Branny and in 05. Then again Spurs fans are content being second to LA.

Meltdown in full effect. Next.

Artillery
05-20-2014, 03:52 AM
The Duncan vs Kobe arguments are always embarrassing. A great two-way big will always have more impact than a one-way guard. Kobe's a great offensive player but he's been a net negative on defense his entire career. Then you throw in the fact that he won the majority of his championships as a sidekick and it gets quite lopsided in Duncan's favor.

The advanced numbers and impact stats all favor Duncan. He never threw his teammates under the bus, never asked for a trade to a stacked team, never asked for a bloated 30 mil contract that destroys his team's capspace. He never played for a wealthy team willing to go over the lux tax every year to win. Never played next to another top ten HOFer.

Hell, Kobe can't even walk right now while Duncan's leading his team in scoring in conference finals games at age 38. Kobe doesn't even have longevity on his side :oldlol:

PickernRoller
05-20-2014, 03:58 AM
The Duncan vs Kobe arguments are always embarrassing. A great two-way big will always have more impact than a one-way guard. Kobe's a great offensive player but he's been a net negative on defense his entire career. Then you throw in the fact that he won the majority of his championships as a sidekick and it gets quite lopsided in Duncan's favor.

The advanced numbers and impact stats all favor Duncan. He never threw his teammates under the bus, never asked for a trade to a stacked team, never asked for a bloated 30 mil contract that destroys his team's capspace. He never played for a wealthy team willing to go over the lux tax every year to win. Never played next to another top ten HOFer.

Hell, Kobe can't even walk right now while Duncan's leading his team in scoring in conference finals games at age 38. Kobe doesn't even have longevity on his side :oldlol:

That's a cool story and all but Kobe>Lebron too.

Gnite.

TheMagicMan
05-20-2014, 04:01 AM
SysTim Duncan taking advantage of Ibaka's absence :applause:

Artillery
05-20-2014, 04:09 AM
That's a cool story and all but Kobe>Lebron too.

Gnite.

Lebron's only halfway through his career and he's already surpassed SidekickBe. The next couple years are going to be rough for you Kirby fans. With the prevalence of advanced stats, Kobe's all-time status is already in jeopardy. He's hovering at around 11th or 12th in NBA circles. Wouldn't be surprised to see him continue to drop.

Deuce Bigalow
05-20-2014, 04:12 AM

sportjames23
05-20-2014, 04:18 AM
LOL @ SidekickBe and SysTim

Artillery
05-20-2014, 04:25 AM

Kobe's actually more of a system player. Without Phil Jackson(GOAT coach) and the triangle, he's just a volume scorer that puts up empty stats on bad teams. Never played good defense either(RAPM confirms this) so he's basically a one-way chucker. Couldn't adapt to a D'Antoni offense, or play defense under a Mike Brown system. Couldn't make the playoffs under Rudy Tomjanovich or Frank Hamblen. Was a horrible player when he played for Del Harris and Rambis. Kobe's a bit of one-trick pony and doesn't understand how to adapt his game to suit other playing styles. He needs the triangle in order to be effective. A system player.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Kobe stans are getting more and more desperate as it becomes apparent to more people that Duncan and Lebron should have better positions than their idol on the all-time ranking.
:banana:

Fox
05-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Kobe stans are getting more and more desperate as it becomes apparent to more people that Duncan and Lebron should have better positions than their idol on the all-time ranking.
:banana:

This. Lol @ all the Kobe stans ITT. Ignorant as fukk.

Dresta
05-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Only an idiot would take Kobe over Duncan :roll:

Roundball_Rock
05-20-2014, 12:04 PM

Kareem posted 22/7 along with 3 blocks in the 1987 Finals. He was a minor factor in 1988 but even as late as 1987 he was a force in the Finals--despite being 40 years old. GOAT. :bowdown:

Duncan can still hope to improve his slightly by winning another title, which will put him in front of Shaq.

Shaq>Duncan. Shaq>Kobe. There is nothing they can do to surpass Shaq. He simply reached a level of dominance they never did.