PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland is 100% picking Wiggins.

Cocaine80s
05-20-2014, 09:03 PM
They already have 2 candians on the roster, i have no doubt theyre about to cop another one

Milbuck
05-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Sound reasoning.

Cocaine80s
05-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Sound reasoning.
who do you want most out of the big 3?

Milbuck
05-20-2014, 09:10 PM
who do you want most out of the big 3?
It's a tossup between Wiggins and Embiid, I'll take either one...which works perfectly with the #2 pick :pimp:

midatlantic09
05-20-2014, 09:12 PM
If they pick Wiggins, they'll be making a huge mistake. The guy most likely will not turn out as predicted by many. He's soft, seems to lack drive/hunger, has a limited offensive game, and while I don't think he'll be a bust, I could see him having a career like Rudy Gay (good career with 1-2 all-star appearances and a few honorable mention All-NBA teams). No way would I take him with the #1 pick.

If I'm Cleveland, I play it safe after picking Bennett last year and opt for Parker.

Cocaine80s
05-20-2014, 09:13 PM
It's a tossup between Wiggins and Embiid, I'll take either one...which works perfectly with the #2 pick :pimp:
inb4 Parker

LoneyROY7
05-20-2014, 09:15 PM
For Wiggins to reach his full potential he needs to be given the reigns to a team from get-go, like LeBron and Durant were. In Cleveland, that's just not going to happen with guys like Irving and Waiters.

What a disaster.

Milbuck
05-20-2014, 09:16 PM
inb4 Parker
Which is the best part. A disappointment in this draft would be Jabari Parker or Dante Exum. We can't lose :oldlol:

midatlantic09
05-20-2014, 09:17 PM
For Wiggins to reach his full potential he needs to be given the reigns to a team from get-go, like LeBron and Durant were. In Cleveland, that's just not going to happen with guys like Irving and Waiters.

What a disaster.

My thoughts exactly. For Wiggins to reach his potential, they'll probably need to trade Waiters. If they select Wiggins and keep Waiters, Wiggins will probably get lost in the shuffle and end up having a very mediocre rookie season.

hawksdogsbraves
05-20-2014, 09:20 PM

What a disaster.

What do you mean 'the reigns'? He's not in the same stratosphere as Durant or LeBron, so don't go there.

He's not a creator at all, he doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time. He'll fit fine on the Cavs.

DukeDelonte13
05-20-2014, 09:23 PM
they have a tough tough choice. Solid case can e made for either of parker, wiggins, embiid to go number 1.

Meticode
05-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Personally...I think they should go with Emiid. They passed on a great big-man last year in Noel and there's no telling how he will turn out, but there's a great possibility he'll put up better numbers than Bennett did. Embiid helps stretch the floor if you need to. I don't like him shooting threes like he did in college, but I don't mind the 15-20 footer if he can make it. If we're starting Thompson he would help spread the floor.

Cocaine80s
05-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Personally...I think they should go with Emiid. They passed on a great big-man last year in Noel and there's no telling how he will turn out, but there's a great possibility he'll put up better numbers than Bennett did. Embiid helps stretch the floor if you need to. I don't like him shooting threes like he did in college, but I don't mind the 15-20 footer if he can make it. If we're starting Thompson he would help spread the floor.
is verajao gonna come off the bench? or will u guys trade him?

Vancouver-Grizz
05-20-2014, 09:35 PM
If they pick Wiggins, they'll be making a huge mistake. The guy most likely will not turn out as predicted by many. He's soft, seems to lack drive/hunger, has a limited offensive game, and while I don't think he'll be a bust, I could see him having a career like Rudy Gay (good career with 1-2 all-star appearances and a few honorable mention All-NBA teams). No way would I take him with the #1 pick.

If I'm Cleveland, I play it safe after picking Bennett last year and opt for Parker.

You never know! Obviously looking at the way he played this year in college we have picked those things out. All I can say is that the NBA is a lot different from college and that I believe his skill set is primed for the professional league.

Derka
05-20-2014, 09:36 PM
They'll draft McDermott.

Draz
05-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Their drafting embiid

Meticode
05-20-2014, 09:44 PM
is verajao gonna come off the bench? or will u guys trade him?
Well, if there's a year to trade him, it's going to be this year. It's his last year and he has $9.1 million on his contract. He's a great trade assets, can give a contender great minutes and comes off the books the following year and he'll probably end up getting paid less on his next contract because frankly he's injury prone, but there's no doubt when he's fully healthy he's a top 5 rebounder in the league, especially on the offensive glass. Any contender can use that.

I think they should trade him if it's to fix a weakness, assuming they draft Embiid.

Uncle Drew
05-20-2014, 09:45 PM
If Embiid's back is good, we're absolutely picking him.

Vancouver-Grizz
05-20-2014, 09:47 PM
If they are smart they will draft Wiggins and trade him to Philly for Emblid like the Penny and Webber deal.

No doubt in my mind that Philly wants Wiggins. Philly, MCW, Wiggins, Noel...wow

PleezeBelieve
05-20-2014, 09:52 PM
A Embiid + Bennett frontline is the absolute best case scenario for the two players involved.

Man, what an historic day for the Cavs. Embiid is everything a Kyrie Irving needs. Helps cover for his atrocious defense and is an insane p&r partner. Also allows the Cavs to play inside out more.

And if they get LeBron on top of it. Wheeew

DukeDelonte13
05-20-2014, 09:54 PM
i think the cavs would be foolish to pass on embiid if his back checks out.