PDA

View Full Version : This Loss Is On Paul George.........

Dro
05-20-2014, 11:17 PM
I've said it time and again, his b-ball IQ is low and his ball-handling and decision is shaky and downright horrible at times.........If he's making his shot then he's great but when he's not, man its ugly....And people have the nerve to think Lance is a bad player? In the 4th, Lance should have the ball every time.....PG is handing the ball to Hibbert at the 3 point line, making lazy passes, leaving people open on defense.....He and Scola bricking everything are the main reasons for this loss.....

Props to D Wade and Lebron doing what superstars do, stepping up in the 4th quarter..:applause:

I'm glad we had control of most of this game despite his horrible performance. I said we would lose tonight. Miami has not lost back to back playoff games in 2 years. And they will have the momentum for game 3 also and I expect them to probably win that one. Hopefully we can win game 4. Its going to take 7 games now to win this thing.....

Also, Miami's role players got involved just like I said they needed to and Miami as a whole played excellent defense......

Also, hopefully we learn from this game on how to execute down the stretch.....In the 4th quarter, the ball was mostly in Lebron's hands and in Wade's a bit.....Lebron kept that ball, ran through multiple pick and rolls until he got an opening and kicked it out to shooters, the same thing Lance was doing earlier in the game. For whatever reason, Lance did not have the ball in his hands as much as needed to in the 4th quarter.......

Miami showed why they are back to back champions...

Good game....:cheers:

Cocaine80s
05-20-2014, 11:18 PM
I still trust PG more than lance

oh the horror
05-20-2014, 11:19 PM
They serious need a point guard on that team.

Milbuck
05-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Can't wrap my head around why they didn't get one after last season.

That's two straight seasons of getting exposed as being turnover prone, lacking offensive structure, and having no true floor general.

They better make a push for a traditional PG this offseason.

oarabbus
05-20-2014, 11:24 PM

That's two straight seasons of getting exposed as being turnover prone, lacking offensive structure, and having no true floor general.

George Hill is actually a great player, way underrated. However, his teammates and coach seem to be amongst the ones doing the underrating, and I suppose he isn't quite the floor general type of PG.

Random_Guy
05-20-2014, 11:25 PM

and people were hating on rondo smh

Random_Guy
05-20-2014, 11:26 PM
George Hill is actually a great player, way underrated. However, his teammates and coach seem to be amongst the ones doing the underrating, and I suppose he isn't quite the floor general type of PG.
thats just it, he is a quiet solid player but 1 he cant finish, and 2 he is a sg

imdaman99
05-20-2014, 11:27 PM
He played some bad D at the end. Double Wade and get the other guy started? :facepalm

And then let the other guy cut to the basket over and over for layups.

NattyPButter
West took a shit load of shots too and missed. The bench didn't do shit so it's more then just PG. There really was no ball movement also.

orange_chicken
You're blaming Paul George when you clearly knows it's the refs. Nice try David Stern you may go retire now.

Dro
05-20-2014, 11:28 PM
He's not, but you're right, he's a good player.....He's just a scorer first, playmaker 2nd or even 3rd....He's at his best off the ball......Until the team gets a true point, I'm ok with allowing Lance take on the primary ball handling and playmaking duties......His ball handling is criminally underrated, as long as he stays under control and keeps his emotions in check which he's been doing lately...He's been having great games and still staying composed during the games...

If you notice, dudes don't really press up on Lance when he has the ball because they know he can blow right by them....

JohnFreeman
05-20-2014, 11:28 PM
The offense stops when it gets to him. His defense isn't that great either.

mentallooser
05-20-2014, 11:30 PM
He got doubled quite a bit as well and didn't know how to deal with it.

Dro
05-20-2014, 11:30 PM
You're blaming Paul George when you clearly knows it's the refs. Nice try David Stern you may go retire now.
Refs had nothing to do with it....They called it even for both teams....Its on PG.....

I know West missed shots too but to be fair, he was in foul trouble in the 1st half and I guess he didn't have any rhythm in the 2nd half....It feels like Scola shot 1-20.....Like Van Gundy said, a great defense has to decide on something to give up and tonight, they decided to give Scola that open jumper because he was way off..........Just like Indiana chooses to give up mid-range jump shots because they are the lowest % shot in the game.....Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't......Tonight, Miami's strategy worked and thats good coaching......

PickernRoller
05-20-2014, 11:32 PM
The game was decided when Norris Cole raped Watson when the bench units came in. Stopped watching the game then - knew the result.

Dro
He got doubled quite a bit as well and didn't know how to deal with it.
He has absolutely no idea how to deal with a double team or a trap.....He had about 2-3 passes deflected at critical times in the 4th also......And his shot selection PISSES me off.....He just takes bad shots.....Lots of fadeaways, doesn't go to the rim enough......His 1st step still isn't quick enough and he needs to get stronger..........He also got the ball stripped a couple times tonight.......For as bad as Lebron played in the 1st half, he thoroughly outplayed PG tonight.......

Dro
The game was decided when Norris Cole raped Watson when the bench units came in. Stopped watching the game then - knew the result.
But he only got those shots because Lebron created for him...thats what a great player is supposed to do, make your teammates better......even when you're not having a great game yourself.....

orange_chicken
05-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Nice comeback David Stern but your legacy has already been exposed. The NBA aint about basketball it's about money and since you got so much money already please go retire don't come back.

Refs had nothing to do with it....They called it even for both teams....Its on PG.....

I know West missed shots too but to be fair, he was in foul trouble in the 1st half and I guess he didn't have any rhythm in the 2nd half....It feels like Scola shot 1-20.....Like Van Gundy said, a great defense has to decide on something to give up and tonight, they decided to give Scola that open jumper because he was way off..........Just like Indiana chooses to give up mid-range jump shots because they are the lowest % shot in the game.....Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't......Tonight, Miami's strategy worked and thats good coaching......

Dro
05-20-2014, 11:43 PM
I still trust PG more than lance
Depends on what part of the game you're talking about......To put together a huge scoring outburst that may be sorely needed at times? To play lockdown defense at times? Sure........To run the team? To get the ball to the right person at the right time? To get a "good" shot? I'm going with Lance.....

Uchmanmamba24
05-20-2014, 11:46 PM
This loss really hurts for some reason, maybe it was because Born Ready had such a monster game and we were leading going into the 4th quarter. I love PG24 but he stinked up the joint tonight. He should never handle the ball towards the end of the game. I still got Pacers in 5 tho. Pacers lost this game more than the Heat won it. I'm confident, PG24 and West will play better next game.

Relinquish
05-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Still waiting for Fpliii's comment about how George is better than Melo. :cheers:

Dro
This loss really hurts for some reason, maybe it was because Born Ready had such a monster game and we were leading going into the 4th quarter. I love PG24 but he stinked up the joint tonight. He should never handle the ball towards the end of the game. I still got Pacers in 5 tho. Pacers lost this game more than the Heat won it. I'm confident, PG24 and West will play better next game.
Thats why I'm taking the positive from the game.....PG played one the worse games I've seen him play in the playoffs, West was taken completely out of the game in the 1st half, didn't have any rhythm in the 2nd half, Scola bricked every open shot he took and we still led most of the game......If not for Wade and Lebron doing what they do best, we win this game.....No choice but to find the positives in the game......

Uchmanmamba24
People need to stop overreacting. PG24 hasn't become crap all of a sudden. He's still one of the best two way players in the league

Marlo_Stanfield
05-20-2014, 11:50 PM
i still like george.
his defense is close to elite.
his shot when on is a beauty and he never gives a fukk.he also learned not to chuck and his scoring isnt THAt important against miami.
but yes he needs to improve in most offensive aspects to ever be called a true superstar

Uchmanmamba24
05-20-2014, 11:54 PM
I know it sounds crazy but I expect the Pacers to close out this series in 5, I'll be at the Fieldhouse for Game 5.

The-Legend-24
05-20-2014, 11:56 PM
Still better than Melo.

rzp
05-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Still better than Melo.

:biggums:

Kingwillball
05-21-2014, 12:06 AM
Still better than Melo.

I don't think If I can chose One Player to Sit out against Heat it would be Hibbert and West before him. NO way U would say that about Melo cause HE can put up 30 any night and his defense on Pacers would look a lot better with Hibbert and West backing him up.

pmj
05-21-2014, 12:12 AM
He's not, but you're right, he's a good player.....He's just a scorer first, playmaker 2nd or even 3rd....He's at his best off the ball......Until the team gets a true point, I'm ok with allowing Lance take on the primary ball handling and playmaking duties......His ball handling is criminally underrated, as long as he stays under control and keeps his emotions in check which he's been doing lately...He's been having great games and still staying composed during the games...

If you notice, dudes don't really press up on Lance when he has the ball because they know he can blow right by them....

I seriously feel like about 50-60 players in the NBA and D-league could have the same production as George Hill on this Pacers team. He is not a good player, regardless of his talent, he just doesn't produce.

Dro
05-21-2014, 12:16 AM
I seriously feel like about 50-60 players in the NBA and D-league could have the same production as George Hill on this Pacers team. He is not a good player, regardless of his talent, he just doesn't produce.
He produces when he's aggressive and has a clearly defined off-ball role......He's just not aggressive often enough and is generally torn between running the team and trying to spot up for 3's......Frank should just make him a SG period....He even said himself he's not comfortable being a playmaker......To be fair, he went to the same high school I went too, he's about 7-8 years younger than me though I believe.....But he was a scorer in high school and in college...Around 30 ppg at both levels.......I'm not saying that to show how he good he was because I know stats don't mean much in high school and at a small college.......I'm just saying that to show that he's much more comfortable when he can just focus on trying to score instead of being a PG......

dude77
05-21-2014, 12:28 AM
. I still got Pacers in 5 tho .

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/bonjovi-trade/Used%20GIFS/jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

yes .. indiana's gonna sweep next 2 in miami :facepalm

Just2McFly
05-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Dro gets props for being a rational fan... I like the way you look at the game

Dro
05-21-2014, 12:30 AM
Dro gets props for being a rational fan... I like the way you look at the game
:cheers:

Just2McFly
05-21-2014, 12:35 AM
I think the next game pacers should trap those Wade pick and rolls because my god he was killing them. They also need to tighten up those rotations. Too many shooters were left Wide OPEN. You guys pay hibbert to protect the rim, he needs to do that without the whole team converging on the driving player leaving two to three heat players wide open.

tamaraw08
05-21-2014, 12:41 AM

I've been saying that for many months now. This is on Larry Bird, failing to make it happen esp when they had Granger and draft picks to offer.
Rondo, Lowry, Jameer Nelson would have made a MAJOR DIFFERENCE.
Heck, even Greivis Vasquez or Ander Miller too can't hurt this team.

tamaraw08
05-21-2014, 12:45 AM
He needs to work on literally every aspect of offense. The body and natural ability of a top 5 player but lacks any pure skills. Not a single one. Passing, shooting, handling. All average to below.

He'll get there eventually though I think.

How much of all George's struggles is bec of Lebron James?:confusedshrug:
He did that constantly, making Luol Deng looked below average in the playoffs.

pmj
05-21-2014, 01:15 AM
He produces when he's aggressive and has a clearly defined off-ball role......He's just not aggressive often enough and is generally torn between running the team and trying to spot up for 3's......Frank should just make him a SG period....He even said himself he's not comfortable being a playmaker......To be fair, he went to the same high school I went too, he's about 7-8 years younger than me though I believe.....But he was a scorer in high school and in college...Around 30 ppg at both levels.......I'm not saying that to show how he good he was because I know stats don't mean much in high school and at a small college.......I'm just saying that to show that he's much more comfortable when he can just focus on trying to score instead of being a PG......

I agree with the gyst of what you are saying, what I'm saying is, if I was running the team and you consistently got outplayed by scrubs like Chalmers, Cole, etc., I wouldn't pay you any money and instead just play Watson and other vet min players or young players. He just doesn't do anything positive for this team that literally any other NBA level player couldn't do. Eddie House would be more productive than him at shooting 3s and doing nothing else.

BlackVVaves
05-21-2014, 01:37 AM

Shit is unfathomable :facepalm

Dro
05-21-2014, 01:44 AM
I agree with the gyst of what you are saying, what I'm saying is, if I was running the team and you consistently got outplayed by scrubs like Chalmers, Cole, etc., I wouldn't pay you any money and instead just play Watson and other vet min players or young players. He just doesn't do anything positive for this team that literally any other NBA level player couldn't do. Eddie House would be more productive than him at shooting 3s and doing nothing else.
I know what you're saying.........he does seem invisible much of the time.......

BlackVVaves
05-21-2014, 02:07 AM
I know what you're saying.........he does seem invisible much of the time.......

And he's poor at entry passes.

And it takes him 12 seconds to set up the offense.

And he over dribbles.

And he's straight trash when you apply full court press to him for an entire game.

Pacers got fleeced by the Spurs. I'm not a huge Leonard fan, think he gets overrated far too frequently (this jackass Shaq called him a superstar :biggums: ) but he's an elite defender and great finisher around the rim and he's shooting touch from mid range - 3 has improved.

He literally does everything better than George Hill.

All Net
05-21-2014, 02:08 AM
Iq and turnovers have always been the Pacers issue.

turnaroundJ
05-21-2014, 02:26 AM
What do these players have in common:

Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Granger

ihoopallday
05-21-2014, 03:38 AM

I honestly owe you an apology for trying to call you out the other night. You're a pretty rational Indy fan and actually bring great input into the game threads. Again, sorry bout that whole scenario. Good luck to your team and look forward to some great games ahead of us. :cheers:

navy
05-21-2014, 03:43 AM
I think Dro is a great poster, although he is too easily trolled and overly emotional. Plus he likes the Pacers. And he knows how much I despise this team. Especially Roy All Star Hibbert.

ihoopallday
05-21-2014, 03:54 AM
Yeah, he is a pretty good poster. He calls out his team's players when they have a shitty game, unlike most of us on here. Really don't know why I tried to bag on him the other day. Dumb move on my part. Anyways, didn't even get to watch the game till like an hour ago. Been out at the field all day. :lol Thankfully I'm off Saturday so I'll catch game 3

cltcfn2924
05-21-2014, 04:53 AM
I think the next game pacers should trap those Wade pick and rolls because my god he was killing them. They also need to tighten up those rotations. Too many shooters were left Wide OPEN. You guys pay hibbert to protect the rim, he needs to do that without the whole team converging on the driving player leaving two to three heat players wide open.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the defense tonight. The game was in the 80's. I just thought Indy was mentally tougher this year, but I was dead wrong. Vogel choked, why take the ball out Stephensons' hands', PG threw the ball away 3 times in a row. Gave up a 5 point lead quicker than I've ever seen anyone do it. The way this game was going, 5 pts. should have been golden, but don't blame the defense.

KyleKong
05-21-2014, 05:11 AM
Free SPK

Dro
05-21-2014, 11:09 PM
I honestly owe you an apology for trying to call you out the other night. You're a pretty rational Indy fan and actually bring great input into the game threads. Again, sorry bout that whole scenario. Good luck to your team and look forward to some great games ahead of us. :cheers:
Thx bro.......I honestly try to be rational because thats how I am about everything in my real life.....I've got strong ties to the Pacers going back to when I was young and my grandmother was a huge Pacer fan, R.I.P.....All the way back to Mel Daniels, Roger Brown, George Mcginnis.......She knew everything about those ABA Pacer teams and the ABA in general, damn I miss her.....

Dro
05-21-2014, 11:10 PM
I think Dro is a great poster, although he is too easily trolled and overly emotional. Plus he likes the Pacers. And he knows how much I despise this team. Especially Roy All Star Hibbert.
Thx bro.........you're right, I am easily trolled....I'm working on that......:lol

Random_Guy
05-21-2014, 11:11 PM
yeah dro is a legit pacers fan

Dro
05-21-2014, 11:15 PM
On another note, I forgot they didn't play again until Saturday..I think this is better for Indiana because Miami definitely has the momentum after game 2. I feel if the game was played tomorrow, Miami would definitely win...But since theres a long layoff until the game 3, it gives the Pacers a chance to get over that loss and maybe Miami's momentum won't be as strong although I still feel they have the momentum and thus the advantage in game 3. Its their first game at home in this series and their crowd will be rocking.....We can't afford a slow start.......

Also, it gives Paul George a chance to recover from his concussion. He coulda fooled me because he played like he had a concussion in game 2, lol......I thought he may have to sit out a game like they do in the NFL but I think the rule says as long as you can go 24 hours without any noticeable after effects, he can play in game 3...

Dro
05-21-2014, 11:17 PM
yeah dro is a legit pacers fan
:cheers: