PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat Vs San Antonio Spurs possible NBA Finals Discussion Thread

Connor B
05-21-2014, 12:58 AM
I have a lot of Heat friends and none of them have given me a good answer to this question - how will Miami beat the Spurs? I understand that Miami's star power will probably, ultimately get them over the Pacers in this current series, but I do not think they will be able to do that to the Spurs.

The Spurs are more well rounded than the Pacers with a much better offense, a much better bench, and multiple star vertans who are comfortable in late game. They are ridiculously complete as a team, better than last year, have a top 5 GOAT coach, and, unlike last year, have homecourt advantage and no notable injuries.

Put it this way, Lebron-Wade can both play well every game in a Spurs series, but I do not think it would be enough. Barring major injury, the big 3 combining for 90 a game, and pure luck, how can they beat the Spurs? What's their strategy? How do you keep up with Pop's adjustments and make a new strategy?

There is literally nothing to suggest the Heat can beat the Spurs in a realistic world. I can't think of one good reason.

russwest0
05-21-2014, 12:59 AM
inb4 people stupidly base everything off last year like they always do

Fudge
05-21-2014, 12:59 AM
Dude.

As big of a Heat fan as I am, they're not going to the Finals

Finna be Thunders-Pacers. Get it right, Connstar.

inclinerator
05-21-2014, 01:02 AM
role players

-smak

Milbuck
05-21-2014, 01:09 AM
They're not beating the Spurs 4 games out of 7. It's really that simple. The Spurs are just too good right now.

JT123
05-21-2014, 01:32 AM
They're not beating the Spurs 4 games out of 7. It's really that simple. The Spurs are just too good right now.
Key words being right now. 2 years ago no one thought the Thunder would beat the Spurs 4 straight times after losing the first 2 games of the series, but they did. The Spurs would have to be the favorite as this point, but to say a team with Lebron and Wade CAN'T beat the Spurs is kind of idiotic. :no:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-21-2014, 01:34 AM
two of battier,jones or allen have to go off from three, which is possible since they all are due for a great shooting series

navy
05-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Key words being right now. 2 years ago no one thought the Thunder would beat the Spurs 4 straight times after losing the first 2 games of the series, but they did. The Spurs would have to be the favorite as this point, but to say a team with Lebron and Wade CAN'T beat the Spurs is kind of idiotic. :no:
To add to this point, no one thought the Heat would beat the Thunder after they ran off 4 straight against the Spurs.

The Mavs took the Spurs to 7. If the Spurs play like that again they could lose to the Heat or the Thunder.

All Net
05-21-2014, 02:05 AM
Just turn up and play great basketball

Nobody beats Miami if they are at their best.

tanner892
05-21-2014, 02:14 AM
They will win if Spurs lose it, which is how they won last year, they cant win, they have to count on the Spurs to choke.

JebronLames
05-21-2014, 02:18 AM
LeGoat

AintNoSunshine
05-21-2014, 02:20 AM
I don't think they can, the only advantage they have is that they have the best player in the world and I bet Bron will play better than he did last year.

VengefulAngel
05-21-2014, 02:20 AM
Win 4 games against the Spurs in the finals.

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:22 AM
Let's not jinx the Spurs, they are playing great basketball and should remain the underdog in this series.

I have a strong feeling Duncan and co. will play like their life depended on it when they meet again.

Duncan wants to erase the nightmares of that missed shot.

edrick
05-21-2014, 02:23 AM
Way too early to count out OKC.

livinglegend
05-21-2014, 02:24 AM
Let's not jinx the Spurs, they are playing great basketball and should remain the underdog in this series.

I have a strong feeling Duncan and co. will play like their life depended on it when they meet again.

80% of the fans and sports analysts have the Spurs winning the potential series and yet, they are the underdog. :oldlol:

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:27 AM
80% of the fans and sports analysts have the Spurs winning the potential series and yet, they are the underdog. :oldlol:

They are HOPING that happens.

Heat are back to back champs, with the best player in the world, how are they not the favourite?

DaSeba5
05-21-2014, 02:29 AM

Heat are back to back champs, with the best player in the world, how are they not the favourite?

The Spurs are the better team with HCA. They are definitely the favorites.

poido123
Way too early to count out OKC.

Counting them out with 100% confidence.

They won't be beating Spurs 4 times without Ibaka

livinglegend

:facepalm They are not hoping, they have winning that series. Barkley didnt said that he hoped the Spurs win against Miami, he said the Spurs are the favorites.
Spurs won 8 more games in a highly more competitive conference according to most and they have HCA.

plowking
05-21-2014, 02:31 AM
They probably can't.

Spurs are too good. Last year we were the better team, and now we don't even have that over them. They are younger, more talented and more consistent.

I would be stoked and extremely surprised if we take them out in the finals.

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:31 AM
The Spurs are the better team with HCA. They are definitely the favorites.

Again, the Heat are BACK TO BACK CHAMPS, beat this team last year in the finals, have the best player in the world, how are they not favourite?

DaSeba5
05-21-2014, 02:32 AM
Again, the Heat are BACK TO BACK CHAMPS, beat this team last year in the finals, have the best player in the world, how are they not favourite?

Because the past is the past. The Spurs are playing lights out, have the better team, and HCA. It took Miami 7 games to beat them with HCA at home. The Spurs have HCA this time. I don't see how the Spurs are not the favorites here.

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:37 AM
Because the past is the past. The Spurs are playing lights out, have the better team, and HCA. It took Miami 7 games to beat them with HCA at home. The Spurs have HCA this time. I don't see how the Spurs are not the favorites here.

I'm sorry, until you have actually dethroned the champs, how can you call yourselves the favourites?

Same shit back in 98 before the Jazz played Bulls. The Bulls were back to back champs going into that series, but were considered by many to be underdog.

DaSeba5
05-21-2014, 02:39 AM
I'm sorry, until you have actually dethroned the champs, how can you call yourselves the favourites?

Same shit back in 98 before the Jazz played Bulls. The Bulls were back to back champs going into that series, but were considered by many to be underdog.

Because I only focus on the present. Last year, Miami was the best team in the league with HCA throughout. This year, the Spurs are the better team with HCA. Can Miami win? Of course they can. But they are the underdogs in that series.

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:39 AM

No offense, but if Spurs do beat Heat in the finals, ISH will go back to a bit of sensibility.

Not saying you, but there are quite a few annoying Heat fans who have been unbearable over the last few years.

plowking
05-21-2014, 02:41 AM
No offense, but if Spurs do beat Heat in the finals, ISH will go back to a bit of sensibility.

Not saying you, but there are quite a few annoying Heat fans who have been unbearable over the last few years.

You are more annoying than any of the Heat fans.

DaSeba5
05-21-2014, 02:42 AM

Wrong. If the Heat lose, this place will be infested with haters trolling the shit out of the Heat and LeBron. 1000s of threads about how LeBron is a loser who is 2-3 in the Finals and how he's not one of the best players of all time, how the most stacked team in the history of the NBA lost to an old team, and so on. Be careful what you wish for.

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:43 AM

If 5 or 10 posters can cosign this that aren't Heat fans, I think you might be onto something.

JBrizzy
05-21-2014, 02:44 AM
Of course the Heat can win. Two years ago the Spurs were invincible. They swept the first two rounds and then lost to OKC. Last year they swept Memphis in the conference finals and then lost to the Heat.

Yes they are a great team, but being a great team doesn't mean you necessarily win. You could argue that these days you cannot win without a star/superstar.

If LeBron goes God-mode then the Heat may be good enough to win. Add to that - If Wade has also has a good series, then the Heat have a very good chance to win. If the Heat's role players also have a good series like when they played OKC then the Spurs won't have a chance.

I'm not saying the Heat will win, but you must be pretty blind to not be able to see any way that it could happen. It's totally reasonable. They have been to three finals in a row and won it the last two, including beating the Spurs last year.

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:48 AM
Wrong. If the Heat lose, this place will be infested with haters trolling the shit out of the Heat and LeBron. 1000s of threads about how LeBron is a loser who is 2-3 in the Finals and how he's not one of the best players of all time, how the most stacked team in the history of the NBA lost to an old team, and so on. Be careful what you wish for.

I agree. I'm conflicted to what is best...

Do I want more Heat fans trolling me for another year? Or do I want endless threads made about heat and their failures...

Obviously the second choice is more bearable, but that's me.

DaSeba5
05-21-2014, 02:49 AM
I agree. I'm conflicted to what is best...

Do I want more Heat fans trolling me for another year? Or do I want endless threads made about heat and their failures...

Obviously the second choice is more bearable, but that's me.

There are more haters on here than Heat trolls. It only seems like there more Bran stans/Heat trolls because the same couple of posters post a lot.

AirFederer
05-21-2014, 02:50 AM
Heat`s bench needs to deliver big. And of course the big three as well.

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:50 AM

Your welcome btw :oldlol:

poido123
05-21-2014, 02:52 AM
There are more haters on here than Heat trolls. It only seems like there more Bran stans/Heat trolls because the same couple of posters post a lot.

It would be interesting to see the percentage of Heat fans to other fan bases on here...

Are Laker fans still ahead?

orange_chicken
05-21-2014, 02:54 AM
With The Help Of The Refs.

DaSeba5
05-21-2014, 02:55 AM
It would be interesting to see the percentage of Heat fans to other fan bases on here...

Are Laker fans still ahead?

Of course. The Lakers will always be the most popular franchise with the biggest fan base in the league like the Yankees and Manchester United in their respective sports.

Big#50
05-21-2014, 03:04 AM
POP has a brain fart again.
Lebron is still the greatest player on the planet. It isnt even close. He needs to play like it.

Solefade
05-21-2014, 03:32 AM
lebron needs to go god mode and others need to chip in thats their only chance.

and i cosign on poido being more annoying than heat fans

poido123
05-21-2014, 03:34 AM
lebron needs to go god mode and others need to chip in thats their only chance.

and i cosign on poido being more annoying than heat fans

:facepalm

You are a Heat fan, you don't count :no:

Solefade
05-21-2014, 03:35 AM
:facepalm

You are a Heat fan, you don't count :no:

but you're way more annoying than me :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

poido123
05-21-2014, 03:36 AM
but you're way more annoying than me :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Is there a competition going on here? :lol

SamuraiSWISH
05-21-2014, 03:37 AM
If LeBron doesn't play like a mangina as he did in the first 6 games of last year's Finals. Stay aggressive as a 30 ppg caliber scorer, knock down the open jumper when they're absolutely begging you to take it.

Rose
05-21-2014, 05:21 AM
by...

Freeing SourPatchKids

All Net
05-21-2014, 05:36 AM
Problem heat may have is who else steps up? You know the spurs have more options. Leonard for one could give Lebron Fits. Even Mills can come in and produce.

lilteapot
05-21-2014, 05:40 AM
The Heat have a chance if the rest of the team besides Lebron/D-Wade really produce in the series, particularly Bosh, Chalmers, Cole, and Allen, and Danny Green doesn't go crazy like he did last year.

Real14
05-21-2014, 05:56 AM
Joe Crawford is one of the answers why spurs aint winning again....

All Net
05-21-2014, 08:18 AM
The Heat have a chance if the rest of the team besides Lebron/D-Wade really produce in the series, particularly Bosh, Chalmers, Cole, and Allen, and Danny Green doesn't go crazy like he did last year.
Depends if they guard him, green just knows how to get open.

SilkkTheShocker
05-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Spurs aren't going off from 3 the same way they did last year.

dude77
05-21-2014, 08:47 AM
just play heat ball .. the only thing that concerns me is james going all passive like he did last night in the 1st half .. they're in danger of getting their asses blown out if he pulls that shit against sa

MostHated305
05-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Sub'd for future LOL's

:yaohappy:

Prometheus
05-21-2014, 08:50 AM
I have a lot of Heat friends and none of them have given me a good answer to this question. I understand that Miami's star power will probably, ultimately get them over the Pacers in this current series, but I do not think they will be able to do that to the Spurs.

The Spurs are more well rounded than the Pacers with a much better offense, a much better bench, and multiple star vertans who are comfortable in late game. They are ridiculously complete as a team, better than last year, have a top 5 GOAT coach, and, unlike last year, have homecourt advantage and no notable injuries.

Put it this way, Lebron-Wade can both play well every game in a Spurs series, but I do not think it would be enough. Barring major injury, the big 3 combining for 90 a game, and pure luck, how can they beat the Spurs? What's their strategy? How do you keep up with Pop's adjustments and make a new strategy?

There is literally nothing to suggest the Heat can beat the Spurs in a realistic world. I can't think of one good reason.

That's funny, because I wonder how can the Spurs beat the Heat in the Finals? I have a lot of Spurs friends and none of them have given me a good answer to this question. I understand that San Antonio's offense will probably, ultimately get them over the Thunder in this current series, but I do not think they will be able to do that to the Heat.

The Heat are much more well-rounded than the Thunder with a much better offense, a much better bench, and multiple star vertans who are comfortable in late game. They are ridiculously skilled as a team, as good as last year (when they won), have a top 5 GOAT player, and although they no longer have homecourt advantage, they still have no notable injuries.

Put it this way, Lebron-Wade can both play well every game in a Spurs series, and Miami doesn't really need much else. Barring major injury, Duncan/Parker/Leonard combining for 90 a game, and pure luck, how can they beat the Heat? What's their strategy? How do you keep up with Spo's adjustments and make a new strategy?

There is literally nothing to suggest the Spurs can beat the Heat in a realistic world. I can't think of one good reason.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-21-2014, 09:31 AM
just play heat ball .. the only thing that concerns me is james going all passive like he did last night in the 1st half .. they're in danger of getting their asses blown out if he pulls that shit against sa
i hope that was rock bottom last night.
the dude was straight up disgusting for 3 quaters.
pathetic
only his immense talent saved his ass once again when he went all out in the 4th:no:
How heat will win?? Danny Green will blow his load against Thunder this year:roll: :roll:

Bandito
05-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Spurs aren't going off from 3 the same way they did last year.
Why not?

Prometheus
05-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Why not?

maybe because it was the flukiest shooting streak in history...

jrong
05-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Heat role players tend to show up in the Finals. Chalmers can be trash all year, and then in the last series of the year, he earns himself another year starting as PG. Expect Battier to hit 3s and play big on defense too.

Enough to beat the Spurs? With the Wade of the last three games, maybe, but whether he can hold up is an open question.

Flash31
05-21-2014, 10:01 AM
The Heat BEAT the Spurs Last Year

and that was with

an injured hobbled Heat Team

Wade having 3 bone bruises and needing his knee drained in between games
An injured Mike Miller
playing JOEL ANTHONY
Danny Green becoming the GOAT 3 pt shooter shooting an absurd 68% at one point
Tony Parker getting off an extremely close,tough shot in closing seconds in game 1
Tim Duncan rewinding the clock and playing 20,10 Duncan Mode
The Heat Having the LEAST AMOUNT of FTA in a 7 game series in History

Yeah the Heat won in 7,and came back 5 down in 20 sec in game 6 buut
the chances of Green becoming Prime West,Miller,Allen 2k mode in a whole series again---come on
No More Joel Anthony
A Healthy Heat Team
A more improved Heat team an more experienced who know all of SAS strengths and weaknesses
The Heat probably won't shoot th Least Amount of FTA in History again
Bosh has a lot more range from deep now
LeBron is an even more improved shooter from 3 and in post
Wade is Healthy
Greg Oden has replaced the still alive corpse of Joel Hands of Stone Anthony and can be more effective in short spurts than Anthony was in solid minutes

Duncan is older and so is Manu and have a lot more wear on them
The Spurs probably won't have nearly a week and a half of rest before Finals while the Heat have 2 days

The Heat Beat the Spurs Last Year
Just how will they win this year---I mean it's like somehow the Spurs won last year or Mia got really really lucky to win by the way y'all are posting here

ArbitraryWater
05-21-2014, 12:15 PM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Spurs = Underdog means you think the Heat will win, right?

rzp
05-21-2014, 01:53 PM
The Spurs probably won't have nearly a week and a half of rest before Finals while the Heat have 2 days

This

/Thread

riseagainst
05-21-2014, 01:56 PM
role players

-smak

this. Ray Allen still here.

-smak

tmacattack33
05-21-2014, 03:26 PM
This year, Miami can certainly say that are better than last year.

Last year, Wade was not good towards the end of the playoffs and he even admitted that he tried to hard during the regular season last year and it ended up hurting him in the playoffs.

Lebron's better in the post now, so maybe he can post up K Leonard more. Lebron's shooting is also improved over last year.

Norris Cole is playing better than last year, and Spoelstra might smarten up and play him a little more.

So there's a lot of ways in which Miami has improved.

Haymaker
05-21-2014, 03:31 PM
You just said it: Star Power. Have their big three playing great.

DuMa
05-21-2014, 03:33 PM
SA is less reliant on TP to score points for them in crucial moments. Thats one reason SA could win over Miami. But you never know who will come up big for SA when your best scorer has been shut down by LeBron.

huskerdu
05-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Miami is in no way better than last year.

Their bench is weaker and Bosh is worse. Wade has been playing better, but the Spurs inarguably better than last year.

dannysc305
05-21-2014, 03:41 PM
You guys are over rating the Spurs they're not that good. Heat in 6.

leMVP
05-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Lebron needs to play like he did in game 6 and 7 last year.

The spurs will play their usual defense on him, he needs to make them pay especially from mid-range.

N.B. Bosh needs to play like a big man for once, he's getting raped by 37 yrs old and molested by south-american white player, this can't happen to an All-star.

Project018
05-21-2014, 04:06 PM
- Heat seem to play better against western conference teams. (Defenses are not as good as the ones in the East, however the Spurs play pretty good defense) It's a free flowing game, higher pace, more offensive opportunities, not a slug match in the paint type of game

- They have the best player on the planet

- They have multiple guys who can make big shots (Wade, James, Ray Ray, Bosh, hell even Chalmers) and know how to win on the road in tough environment

- If the Spurs deploy the same strategy against the MIA offense (make James & Wade shoot mid range shoots) as they did last Finals one would think that LeBron will not be so reluctant to shoot and be aggressive more this time around instead of waiting til like game 5 or 6 and Wade mid range game is way better now than last year

- Wade seems more healthier than last post season

- Pray that they make 3's consistently from game to game

- Put LeBron on Tony (I still think Parker still laboring with that Hammy) during the end of games and bottle him up with the trap

- Hope that the Spurs shooters don't shoot 50-65% on 3's :confusedshrug: this time around (still amazed how well Danny Green played last year)

- Make Tim Duncan beat them in his 17th or 18th (whatever it is) year. Make him shoot the mid-close range shoots and hope he doesn't turn into early 2000s Duncan one last time

- Beat the Pacers in 5 or 6 and hope the Thunder take the series to 7 games

Just some of the top off my head. Hopefully both teams make the finals again. It should be fun.

aboss4real24
05-21-2014, 04:07 PM
If they play d# like they did yesterday

and chris bosh actually shows up

they will win easily

Jailblazers7
05-21-2014, 10:19 PM
After watching the past game and a half, do people really want to claim that Danny Green's shooting in the finals was a fluke?

VengefulAngel
05-21-2014, 10:22 PM
After watching the past game and a half, do people really want to claim that Danny Green's shooting in the finals was a fluke?

Ofcourse not, but they now how much of a threat he really is, see what he did in game 6 and 7. The problem with Danny Green is his poor ball handling and lack of penetration if the three isn't there.

All Net
05-21-2014, 10:23 PM

Dude is not just a great shooter but has such a quick release too. He gets open so well and even his the confidence to pull up from three on fastbreaks and Pop is fine with that.

Smoke117
05-21-2014, 10:25 PM
The same way they did last year? Maybe i'm stupid but neither team has changed all that much...a tiger doesn't change it's colors. The Spurs are peaking at the right time now, so they are so much better than the heat in general now? Don't be naive.

All Net
05-21-2014, 10:28 PM
The same way they did last year? Maybe i'm stupid but neither team has changed all that much...a tiger doesn't change it's colors. The Spurs are peaking at the right time now, so they are so much better than the heat in general now? Don't be naive.
Spurs are clearly alot better than last year on Mills and Bello coming in straight away. Their young players are clearly better. Miami on the other hand have Wade healthy at last and playing well. Would be interesting.

eliteballer
05-21-2014, 10:55 PM
Spurs have homecourt this year and no 3 in a row at home for the heat.

JebronLames
05-21-2014, 10:57 PM
Heat players are more well rested this year. Hopefully thunder can take the spurs to at least 6 games.

DFish24
05-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Spurs in 5-6

Leftimage
05-21-2014, 11:23 PM

I disagree with bolded. Lebron & Wade were in a mad funk for games 1,2 & 3 last season. Heat won the series. This season both have had excellent playoffs thus far. If that persists I think the Heat are in the drivers seat.

JebronLames
05-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Heat in 4.

Cold soul
05-21-2014, 11:40 PM
Spurs in 6.

eliteballer
05-22-2014, 01:42 AM
Wait until the conference finals are over before you say how tired or not tired the Heat are.

jrong
05-22-2014, 02:11 AM
Spurs in 5 because of the 2-2-1-1-1 format. It would be 6 in 2-3-2.

But, Miami isn't winning in San Antonio. They have no interior, Wade's on borrowed time and LeBron is still an enigma. And there's nobody else they can count on.

Spurs take the first two at home, split in Miami and close it out in San Antonio in Game 5.

God, just please let Timmy be the one to get FMVP.

All Net
05-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Scary thing about the spurs is I can see them at this level for a while due to the depth and how good they young guys are they should continue to grow.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 09:23 AM
This is year 3 of now of people telling us the Spurs are a "historically good" team and "un-defeatable". Yet they haven't won a title since TD left his prime.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Heat in 6 if they survive the Pacers.
James on Parker
Wade on Kawhi
Chalmers and Cole on Green
Bosh on Duncan and Haslem on Splitter:banana: :banana: :banana:

toxicxr6
05-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Heat in 6 if they survive the Pacers.
James on Parker
Wade on Kawhi
Chalmers and Cole on Green
Bosh on Duncan and Haslem on Splitter:banana: :banana: :banana:

i look at that and i feel some of those matchups are terrible for miami

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 09:32 AM
maybe because it was the flukiest shooting streak in history...

They aren't going to shoot that well again. Neal, Parker, etc were all throwing up prayers last that went in. Hell, it one them game 1 and almost game 6. You got Green close to automatic the first 5 games. Duncan destroying them in games 6 and 7. Leonard played almost a perfect series aside from the miss free throw. Diaw hit every bailout 3. Tons of ref help in Game 6. And they still ****ing lost.

And this is with Wade in poor health, Bosh being invisible aside from his Game 6 rebound/block, LeBron struggling with shot, and the bench being inconsistent until Game 6/7.

So no, I am not betting on this choking Spurs team on winning anything.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 09:35 AM
i look at that and i feel some of those matchups are terrible for miami
what is terrible for Miami??
only problem is i see Kawhi shooting over Wade some times and Green if he gets space to spot up itll be hard for Chalmers to contest him but not impossible.
the rest should work.
timmy was never the biggest banger down low and Bosh could make him work.
Haslem to shut down Splitter and i seriously think Oden should play in that series. Oden could shut current duncan DOWN anywhere near the basket since he would throw him around like a doll and Duncan doesnt have the speed advantage anymore

toxicxr6
05-22-2014, 09:51 AM
only problem is i see Kawhi shooting over Wade some times and Green if he gets space to spot up itll be hard for Chalmers to contest him but not impossible.
the rest should work.
Haslem to shut down Splitter and i seriously think Oden should play in that series. Oden could shut current duncan DOWN anywhere near the basket since he would throw him around like a doll and Duncan doesnt have the speed advantage anymore

firstly lebron is the only option to guard parker... no one else on the heat roster has a chance... i also think lebron is carrying some injury so im not sure he can guard parker as good this time..
wade has 0 chance guarding leonard.. too big, too long.. too young
chalmers/cole on green would be terrible.. cole would need a 50 inch vertical to contest his shots
bosh couldnt guard duncan last year.. how could he this year? bosh has regressed alot
haslem on splitter? no chance
oden hasnt played much ever

you also have to remember the spurs ball movement is so elite... so they have an advantage on offense there as well

Dresta
05-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Spurs are getting hella overrated for beating up on a beaten down and weakened (and overrated) OKC team. Not hard to beat a team so completely lacking on the defensive end with great ball-movement, as the Spurs have done. Having two stars won't save OKC from this, because their chucking will always be less efficient than Spurs team ball slicing their d to shreds.

tpols
05-22-2014, 09:58 AM
This is year 3 of now of people telling us the Spurs are a "historically good" team and "un-defeatable". Yet they haven't won a title since TD left his prime.

This is week 2 of you saying they would lose to the thunder... :oldlol:

JellyBean
05-22-2014, 10:15 AM
If the Heat make to the Finals and face THIS Spurs team.....oh boy!!! I am not a Spurs fan...but DANG!!! This Spurs team is on a mission. They are efficient in every phase of the game. I feel bad for any team that is in the path of the Spurs run for their ring. Wow

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 10:22 AM
the rest should work.

oden on duncan,he will foul out within 5 mins :roll:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 10:24 AM
oden on duncan,he will foul out within 5 mins :roll:
because 90% of the calls on Oden were complete BS in the RS.
hes still a monster on defense when he plays, the refs just dont think hes good anymore and call BS fouls all the time.
i feel like Oden could really give duncan problems because hes bigger and stronger and Duncan isnt as fast as he used to be:confusedshrug:

poido123
05-22-2014, 10:34 AM
They aren't going to shoot that well again. Neal, Parker, etc were all throwing up prayers last that went in. Hell, it one them game 1 and almost game 6. You got Green close to automatic the first 5 games. Duncan destroying them in games 6 and 7. Leonard played almost a perfect series aside from the miss free throw. Diaw hit every bailout 3. Tons of ref help in Game 6. And they still ****ing lost.

And this is with Wade in poor health, Bosh being invisible aside from his Game 6 rebound/block, LeBron struggling with shot, and the bench being inconsistent until Game 6/7.

So no, I am not betting on this choking Spurs team on winning anything.

Yes, players need to p lay well to win a finals. Is that what your Saying?

You're assuming that spurs are exactly the same and haven't got Better?

Bellinelli on the team and a more experienced Leonard, backed by Duncan who will be hungry for redemption.

How have the heat got better from last Year?

Kiddlovesnets
05-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Spurs in 5-6 games, all Spurs home games will be blowout wins, and Heat will lose one home game.

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 10:35 AM
hes still a monster on defense when he plays, the refs just dont think hes good anymore and call BS fouls all the time.
i feel like Oden could really give duncan problems because hes bigger and stronger and Duncan isnt as fast as he used to be:confusedshrug:

oden was a foul prone since his protland's day,he will be the same,get in foul trouble every game,the biggest bust in nba history :banana:

All Net
05-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Yes, players need to p lay well to win a finals. Is that what your Saying?

You're assuming that spurs are exactly the same and haven't got Better?

Bellinelli on the team and a more experienced Leonard, backed by Duncan who will be hungry for redemption.

How have the heat got better from last Year?
Even splitter I think could cause issues this year.

poido123
05-22-2014, 10:37 AM

We are assuming Oden isn't playing. He hasn't played at all in the playoffs. How effective will he Be? He would be hell rusty and likely a liability

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 10:37 AM
duncan will eat bosh alive in the post again like he always did :rockon:

All Net
05-22-2014, 10:41 AM
We are assuming Oden isn't playing. He hasn't played at all in the playoffs. How effective will he Be? He would be hell rusty and likely a liability if he doesn't hit the floor in the pacers series he won't In the finals either.

Hopefully next year he can develop into a rotation player.

poido123
05-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Even splitter I think could cause issues this year.

No doubt.

Second time round I think he will be more settled. He played really tentative for stretches in the last finals.

His size and skills will be key if he plays well

poido123
05-22-2014, 10:44 AM
if he doesn't hit the floor in the pacers series he won't In the finals either.

Hopefully next year he can develop into a rotation player.

I wish well for Oden, I hope he comes back next year and plays well :lol

Chuckbe
05-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Don't forget Boris Diaw's lockdown defense on Bran.

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 10:46 AM
not to mention miami's defence is as good as last year :rockon: and parker will be heathier this time :applause:

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Isn't Miami fans also underestimate the spurs.but how ??? they barely beat the old spurs last year :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 10:51 AM
not to mention miami's defence is as good as last year :rockon: and parker will be heathier this time :applause:

It only matters when Parker is hurt. Lets just ignore Wade was hurt :hammerhead:

poido123
05-22-2014, 10:54 AM
It only matters when Parker is hurt. Lets just ignore Wade was hurt :hammerhead:

Will we see you around next year if heat get Smacked?

Serious question.

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 10:55 AM
WHO IS MORE SERIOUS :confusedshrug:
PARKER SHOULD BE OUT 10 DAYS To HEAL LAST YEAR :banana:

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Serious question.
you will still be in every game thread spewing your poison, thats for damn sure:lol

Warfan
05-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Wade was actually good in the finals last year, outplayed bron in gm 4 & 5, and had a big gm 7.

The spurs basically have the formula to beat miami

- Great ball movement
- Great 3 point shooting
- Great defense
- Low post threat

And the best coach in the game.

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 10:59 AM
you will still be in every game thread spewing your poison, thats for damn sure:lol

Can't wait u cry this yEAR :lol

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 10:59 AM

Serious question.

More hypotheticals from you. Get back to me when you have some facts. You remind of the OKC fans. All your arguments are based on what you want to happen. Now what actually happened. Like I said, talk to me when you have some facts and not just wishful thinking.

Kukoc
05-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Spurs in 6

Unless Cheat will find a way to win by FTA and/or play dirty against old Spurs

poido123
05-22-2014, 11:10 AM

Will we see you around if the heat get Smacked?

Serious question.

poido123
05-22-2014, 11:12 AM
More hypotheticals from you. Get back to me when you have some facts. You remind of the OKC fans. All your arguments are based on what you want to happen. Now what actually happened. Like I said, talk to me when you have some facts and not just wishful thinking.

Well I'm trying to find out a fact of whether you will be Back?

Answer the question silk

xoracle55
05-22-2014, 11:41 AM
The spurs basically have the formula to beat miami

- Great ball movement
- Great 3 point shooting
- Great defense
- Low post threat

And the best coach in the game.

The Heat basically have the formula to beat the Spurs.

Same formula! but add a doze of LBJ.

Nuff said.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Bosh simply HAS to step up this time.
Hit the open threes, take duncan of the dribble, own splitter with some fast moves.
this is the perfect series for him to show up.
spurs will game plan for Bron and to some extend Wade and Bosh doesnt have to deal with a super physical frontline:coleman:

All Net
05-22-2014, 03:03 PM
No doubt.

Second time round I think he will be more settled. He played really tentative for stretches in the last finals.

His size and skills will be key if he plays well

Maybe I'm crazy but I can see him developing into one of the top centers in the league. Hopefully he keeps improving.

SwishSquared
05-22-2014, 04:06 PM
It's certainly possible for the Heat to win and with the new format, it might help them out some if this thing goes full 7 since they don't have HCA (Game 6 at home is my point essentially).

Wade looks better thus far than he did in last year's post-season and Bosh could play better in the Finals. I also think LBJ may be more ready to face Leonard, Diaw, and the Spurs' defensive schemes than he was last year.

Historically though, if LBJ were to beat Duncan in consecutive years (and be named FMVP both times), when people claimed the SAS were a deeper, more well-rounded team with better coach, how would people view his 2007 loss?

fragokota
05-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Spurs have been the most consistent team in the league throughout the year. If their core players stay healthy( parker,TD,Ginobili,Leonard) they will win.

secund2nun
05-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Wade is a lot healthier and playing much better than last year. Miami is more well rested. The Spurs won't shoot as well from down town as last year's finals and the Heat will probably shoot better than they did last year vs the Spurs. Also the Heat now have experience against the Spur's pack the paint strategy. Duncan is another year older. Bosh can't play any worse than last year and he has better 3 point range this year.