PDA

View Full Version : Get the fvck over the draft lottery.

Trentknicks
05-21-2014, 02:55 AM
Cleveland got lucky but no one else missed out majorly or got robbed.

ImKobe
05-21-2014, 02:56 AM
Lakers got robbed.

Yankstar
05-21-2014, 02:59 AM
Lakers got robbed.

its fine we will poach the top picks eventually... Right?:cry:

fiddy
05-21-2014, 03:00 AM
Lakers got robbed.
blame Swaggy P

BlazerRed
05-21-2014, 03:00 AM
I like willies

Myth
05-21-2014, 03:01 AM
I have never had any problems with the Cavs and felt bad for them when LeBron left, but I think I will now have a hard time rooting for them. If they are successful, it will feel gifted and unearned. They have no excuse for being a shitty franchise now and if they win, it will be because "they should have."

coin24
Thanks to nick young and idiot dantoni for fu.cking the lakers for the foreseeable future:(

buddha
la was robbed

coin24
05-21-2014, 03:02 AM
I have never had any problems with the Cavs and felt bad for them when LeBron left, but I think I will now have a hard time rooting for them. If they are successful, it will feel gifted and unearned. They have no excuse for being a shitty franchise now and if they win, it will be because "they should have."

It's the cavs, they'll fu.ck this up somehow..

DaSeba5
05-21-2014, 03:02 AM
Like I said, IDK what to tell Cav fans if they don't make the playoffs next year. Especially in this conference.

Trentknicks
05-21-2014, 03:05 AM
The Cavs just feel like a punch of good pieces thrown in together but the fit and culture seems to be pretty bad.

In hindsight the Lakers are in a bit of trouble, will probably be in that 8-11 range in the West next year. Not good enough to do much, not bad enough to get a high lotto pick. That Kobe contract will really hurt.

fiddy
05-21-2014, 03:06 AM
Like I said, IDK what to tell Cav fans if they don't make the playoffs next year. Especially in this conference.
point a finger and laugh? :confusedshrug:

NuggetsFan
05-21-2014, 03:09 AM

This.

Don't know why people are surprised. It's the same with the Oilers in hockey and they were terrible enough to earn those picks. Nobody likes a handout and when you have a team win 3/4 1st overall picks people won't like

People will get over it but in a few years if they become good whenever there fans talk shit it'll be like "duh you won the lottery 3 fkcing times" :lol

BlazerRed
05-21-2014, 03:17 AM
This.

Don't know why people are surprised. It's the same with the Oilers in hockey and they were terrible enough to earn those picks. Nobody likes a handout and when you have a team win 3/4 1st overall picks people won't like

People will get over it but in a few years if they become good whenever there fans talk shit it'll be like "duh you won the lottery 3 fkcing times" :lol
Edmonton :applause:

Myth
05-21-2014, 03:18 AM
This.

If you get a #1, #2, #4 over the course of a bad stretch, fine, especially if your team set out strategically to land those, including trading players for picks that worked out. But 3 #1s is unheard of, and to do it by pure luck after your shitty team failed to make the playoffs with a pretty good roster? Just insane.

Imagine if Clippers had Griffin (2009), but then lucked into Irving 2 years later, followed by Anthony Davis. There would be no excuse for them to not be a championship contender.

andremiller07
05-21-2014, 03:28 AM
It would have been nice if the Kings actually got a top 2 pick for once, instead we are now looking to trade the 8th pick.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 04:07 AM
If you get a #1, #2, #4 over the course of a bad stretch, fine, especially if your team set out strategically to land those, including trading players for picks that worked out. But 3 #1s is unheard of, and to do it by pure luck after your shitty team failed to make the playoffs with a pretty good roster? Just insane.

Imagine if Clippers had Griffin (2009), but then lucked into Irving 2 years later, followed by Anthony Davis. There would be no excuse for them to not be a championship contender.
Erm, the Clippers did luck into the Irving pick. They just stupidly traded it to the Cavs prior to the draft with no protections. Wouldn't such a move be a credit to the Cavs' organization? I mean, isn't Irving only on the team because of a heady trade? The Cavs made their own luck that year at the Clippers' expense.

If Sterling would have been willing to pay Baron Davis' contract for one more season, they would have had back-to-back No. 1 picks that were far easier and in better drafts than what the Cavs have faced the last two years.

And, it's not the same as the situation you described above... at all. Both Griffin and Davis were clear No. 1 picks, as was Kyrie to a lesser extent.

The Cavs, with their own actual pick, have gotten the No. 1 selection twice, but one was in what may go down as the worst draft class ever. Guys like McLemore, Porter and Len and the teams that drafted them were actually much better off not going No. 1, because they were all awful and didn't have to endure the scrutiny of being the No. 1 pick. As it turned out, having the top pick last year was more a distraction than a godsend and it would have been that way had the Cavs gone in most of the other possible directions being considered (McLemore, Porter, Len).

That's nothing like having clear picks like Griffin, Davis or Irving dropped in your lap.

Even this year, it seems Embiid is most people's top pick, but he has a potentially serious medical issue afoot. Again, not a clear choice here like the three you mentioned. The right choices still have to be made and it isn't as easy as just saying "Anthony Davis" and closing the book. When it comes to "lucking into players," draft classes matter... a lot.

plowking
05-21-2014, 04:11 AM

Are people serious? :oldlol:

First it was "build the team the right way; through the draft".

Now even that isn't the right way.

It has become "build the team right way, without getting too lucky, and don't buy too many good players as well"...

:oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 04:13 AM

It has become "build the team right way, without getting too lucky, and don't buy too many good players as well"...

People are insane.

Simmons has been using the phrase "God hates Cleveland" for several years. Now, all of a sudden, even he's acting like everything good gets handed to us... Cleveland.

Insane.

Myth
05-21-2014, 04:30 AM
Erm, the Clippers did luck into the Irving pick. They just stupidly traded it to the Cavs prior to the draft with no protections. Wouldn't such a move be a credit to the Cavs' organization? I mean, isn't Irving only on the team because of a heady trade? The Cavs made their own luck that year at the Clippers' expense.

Forgot about that. Still Cavs lucked into 2 #1 picks AFTER landing Irving.

plowking
05-21-2014, 04:31 AM
People are insane.

Simmons has been using the phrase "God hates Cleveland" for several years. Now, all of a sudden, even he's acting like everything good gets handed to us... Cleveland.

Insane.

It is a damn lottery. It is completely random. People need to get over it. :oldlol:

Myth
05-21-2014, 04:33 AM

The difference between Cavs and the Heat though, is you can't really hold it against the Cavs organization the same way in the sense that they lucked out rather than the players colluding to make a super team. But at the same time, it would be hard to credit the organization for their success if they get 3 #1 picks in 4 years. Any team to do that should be expected to win.

plowking
05-21-2014, 04:37 AM
The difference between Cavs and the Heat though, is you can't really hold it against the Cavs organization the same way in the sense that they lucked out rather than the players colluding to make a super team. But at the same time, it would be hard to credit the organization for their success if they get 3 #1 picks in 4 years. Any team to do that should be expected to win.

You can't hold it against either team.

One team got lucky through the draft, the other signed free agents.

There is no right way to build a team, like some on here think. Well there is, and the Heat are doing it right recently, since they've been the team winning.

RedBlackAttack
Forgot about that. Still Cavs lucked into 2 #1 picks AFTER landing Irving.
...one of which was in a draft that probably most GMs were happy to pick 2nd-5th instead.

Look, I'm not saying what has happened isn't perplexing. I was shocked by tonight's result. But, people really do need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture when acting like a dynasty has been handed to us on a silver platter.

There have been no LeBrons or Durants in the drafts we've had high picks in over the last few years. The closest thing is Anthony Davis, and New Orleans won the lottery that year. That's the best draft we've taken part in post-LeBron and our pick was actually knocked down one spot from where it was projected prior to the lottery.

We'll see what happens with these guys in this upcoming draft... hopefully it will turn out well. But, so far, it definitely doesn't feel like the deck has been unfairly stacked in the Cavs' favor. It's not because of bad picks, either... Irving was the right choice, Thompson/Waiters were perfectly reasonable where they went and last year's draft was abhorrent.

There were no Tim Duncans, Shaqs or LeBrons available, as far as I can tell.

Myth
The point is, being gifted a player happens. Being gifted the whole core of a team just takes away a challenge that makes it fun to root for a team. Thunder was gifted Durant, but they made smart selections outside of that. Spurs were gifted Duncan back in the day, but the rest of their core was made from wise decisions. Much easier rooting for rosters that weren't completely gifted to a franchise IMO.

NuggetsFan
05-21-2014, 04:45 AM
You can't hold it against either team.

One team got lucky through the draft, the other signed free agents.

There is no right way to build a team, like some on here think. Well there is, and the Heat are doing it right recently, since they've been the team winning.

Correct there's no right way to build. Things aren't cut and dry tho, people look into how things are formed. Superstars joining up to win is pretty shady and pretty ugly for the sport. Having 3/4 of the #1 overall picks while not as bad because the Cavaliers didn't intend for it to happen still gives them the "spoiled" image.

There's a reason why people who don't even follow basketball hated the Heat before they even had success, or when they lost in the finals. NFL fans, NHL fans heck any sport fans mock the Heat and there's a reason for it. Cleveland walking away with 3/4 1st overall picks will be mocked and laughed at just like it would be in ANY sport. Just like it would be with a person who won the real lottery 3 times.

If they win it'll be like yeah there suppose to tho, just like it is with Miami. Not to the same degree obviously because draft picks are known. When they lose they'll be laughed at more so than a normal team, just like Miami. It's human nature. Just like kids born into trust funds are mocked :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 04:48 AM
The point is, being gifted a player happens. Being gifted the whole core of a team just takes away a challenge that makes it fun to root for a team. Thunder was gifted Durant, but they made smart selections outside of that. Spurs were gifted Duncan back in the day, but the rest of their core was made from wise decisions. Much easier rooting for rosters that weren't completely gifted to a franchise IMO.
...and the Cavs haven't been "gifted" anything close to a Durant or a Duncan. That's the point you seem to be missing.

Also, I'll point out to you that this Spurs dynasty actually involved TWO No. 1 picks, both of which were clearly the best in their draft classes and HOF players (Robinson/Duncan).

Root for whomever you choose. I'm sure you would have turned against the Blazers if they got lucky a few times in the lottery. Why would you root for the Cavs anyway?

NuggetsFan
05-21-2014, 04:52 AM
People are insane.

Not really. I've watched the exact same thing happen in another sport and the reactions were exactly the same. It'll fade away soon enough and if the Cavs fail people will make a joke out of it and if they succeed people will act less impressed.

It'll be like a waaaaaaaay smaller version of the Miami situation.

If I was in your position I wouldn't care, but I wouldn't act surprised or think people were crazy when they were like that's bullshit :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 04:59 AM
Not really. I've watched the exact same thing happen in another sport and the reactions were exactly the same. It'll fade away soon enough and if the Cavs fail people will make a joke out of it and if they succeed people will act less impressed.

It'll be like a waaaaaaaay smaller version of the Miami situation.

If I was in your position I wouldn't care, but I wouldn't act surprised or think people were crazy when they were like that's bullshit :confusedshrug:
Even comparing this to the Miami situation on a much smaller scale is just crazy.

I don't follow hockey, so I'm not qualified to comment on what kind of talent was available in the drafts they won... but am I to believe that the strength of the draft doesn't matter and that "just winning" should be enough to create a dynasty?

What if you happen to get a bunch of high picks in drafts that just aren't very good? Because, that's sort of what has happened with the Cavs, at least prior to this coming draft (we'll see how it goes)... certainly last year and arguably in 2011 when Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Jonas Valanciunas, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker and Jimmer Fredette were 9 of the first 10 picks.

There isn't a single franchise-changing talent among that group... Not one. A bunch of role players at best, scrubs at worst. And last year was 10x worse.

Myth
05-21-2014, 05:03 AM
...and the Cavs haven't been "gifted" anything close to a Durant or a Duncan. That's the point you seem to be missing.

Also, I'll point out to you that this Spurs dynasty actually involved TWO No. 1 picks, both of which were clearly the best in their draft classes and HOF players (Robinson/Duncan).

Root for whomever you choose. I'm sure you would have turned against the Blazers if they got lucky a few times in the lottery. Why would you root for the Cavs anyway?

I'm not missing that point. My point is that they should be "a" top team. They may not have a Durant or Duncan, but they have certainly been gifted an opportunity that should put them over a majority of the league. And although they didn't get gifted a player of that caliber, they are consistently getting all the opportunity in the world to make a powerhouse team, while all of the other teams in the draft are getting the scraps.

Really? You have to go all the way back to the 80s to track the success of the Spurs? Spurs have been just as successful (more successful really) after Robinson retired, so it is kind of pointless even mentioning him. For the last decade, Spurs have been successful with 1 gifted player that they successfully built around.

Of course I wouldn't turn against the Blazers, and I don't expect you to turn against your Cavs. I would count my blessings that we got 3 #1 picks in 4 years, but I'd like to think I would understand how other fans would have a hard time rooting for my team rather than getting defensive about it.

Myth
05-21-2014, 05:07 AM
certainly last year and arguably in 2011 when Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Jonas Valanciunas, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker and Jimmer Fredette were 9 of the first 10 picks.

What you just listed in the 2011 year is what I mean by scraps. Yes, Irving is no Durant or Duncan, but he is heads and tails above the scraps, so why are the Cavs still in the lottery (in the East) lucking out into #1 picks. Last year wasn't great, but the Cavs also f*cked up bad and that is their own fault.

Rose
05-21-2014, 05:07 AM
Free SPK.

El Gato Negro
05-21-2014, 05:14 AM
I'm not missing that point. My point is that they should be "a" top team. They may not have a Durant or Duncan, but they have certainly been gifted an opportunity that should put them over a majority of the league. And although they didn't get gifted a player of that caliber, they are consistently getting all the opportunity in the world to make a powerhouse team, while all of the other teams in the draft are getting the scraps.

Really? You have to go all the way back to the 80s to track the success of the Spurs? Spurs have been just as successful (more successful really) after Robinson retired, so it is kind of pointless even mentioning him. For the last decade, Spurs have been successful with 1 gifted player that they successfully built around.

Of course I wouldn't turn against the Blazers, and I don't expect you to turn against your Cavs. I would count my blessings that we got 3 #1 picks in 4 years, but I'd like to think I would understand how other fans would have a hard time rooting for my team rather than getting defensive about it.you clearly are missing the point or just have no clue to begin with.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:14 AM

Of course I wouldn't turn against the Blazers, and I don't expect you to turn against your Cavs. I would count my blessings that we got 3 #1 picks in 4 years, but I'd like to think I would understand how other fans would have a hard time rooting for my team rather than getting defensive about it.
Robinson played through 2003 and his rookie season was 1990. Yeah, I think he deserves mentioning, especially since he was a big part of two of their four championship teams.

The Robinson draft was the beginning of that franchise's turnaround from irrelevant to top notch. I'm not saying they aren't brilliant in other aspects... they are. But, luck always plays a role in a dynasty like the one they've created and they lucked into two of the best and most obvious No. 1 picks in the modern era.

Our luck has been different... more plentiful in a shorter span of time, but without the individual impact of a Duncan/Robinson.

Listen, a lot of people hated the Cavs and Cleveland prior to this, so I'm assuming not much is going to change. But, I do think it's ridiculous that any success will now be open season for mocking when one LeBron or one Duncan can be more valuable than all the picks we've accumulated combined.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:17 AM
What you just listed in the 2011 year is what I mean by scraps. Yes, Irving is no Durant or Duncan, but he is heads and tails above the scraps, so why are the Cavs still in the lottery (in the East) lucking out into #1 picks. Last year wasn't great, but the Cavs also f*cked up bad and that is their own fault.
Completely off-topic, but I don't think they "f#cking up bad." Bennett still has a lot of upside and he showed something when he was given the opportunity. That may still turn out to be a decent pick in a bad draft.

And, again, the Irving pick shouldn't even be brought up in this conversation which is why I left him out of that list... The Cavs acquired him with exactly the kind of heady trade you'd be praising the Spurs or OKC for.

NuggetsFan
05-21-2014, 05:17 AM
Even comparing this to the Miami situation on a much smaller scale is just crazy.

It is but I can't think of a better comparison. There the same in the sense that I bet Cleveland catches heat if they fail to do anything, and if they succeed will get people being like whatever. Not trolls or idiots or people just on msg but just in general. Doesn't make them "crazy" it's just a natural reaction. Completely different from Miami I guess and probably a bad comparison.

I don't follow hockey, so I'm not qualified to comment on what kind of talent was available in the drafts they won... but am I to believe that the strength of the draft doesn't matter and that "just winning" should be enough to create a dynasty?

The situation with the hockey team is actually kinda similar to the Cavs in terms of there drafts. Different sport tho, individuals have less of an impact. I only used it as an example because they won the lottery a bunch of times and still get clowned for it and catch heat. It's actually strangely similar how much it's been close to that :lol

Strength of the draft matters but at the end of the day the FIRST overall pick is going to side step that. Your talking about the pick of the litter. How do you think what your saying affects the teams that were worse off than Cleveland yet didn't get the first stab at the talent? When you get the 1st overall pick expectations come with it, expectations are apart of everything.

What if you happen to get a bunch of high picks in drafts that just aren't very good? Because, that's sort of what has happened with the Cavs, at least prior to this coming draft (we'll see how it goes)... certainly last year and arguably in 2011 when Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Jonas Valanciunas, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker and Jimmer Fredette were 9 of the first 10 picks.

I mean this draft looks pretty elite at the top. Irving while at the time wasn't hyped as such I think outside of the truly game changing guys is the next best thing. If you can't grab a LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, MJ, Duncan, Durant etc. than I think when all said and done Kyrie is in that next tier.

There isn't a single franchise-changing talent among that group... Not one. A bunch of role players at best, scrubs at worst. And last year was 10x worse.

I'm not even saying it's completely fair. At this point I'm not that annoyed with it. I deff was being abit of a troll originally. Just that no matter the strength of the draft when a team gets the 1st overall pick 3/4 drafts it's without question bullshit. Bad for the NBA. Nobody wants to see that. If the pick was 2nd or 3rd there would be far less of a shit storm and it wouldn't stay in people's minds as long. 3 years from now if the Cavs make the finals 3 first overall picks sticks out. 3rd overall, 2nd overall than 1st doesn't as much.

Myth
05-21-2014, 05:18 AM
you clearly are missing the point or just have no clue to begin with.

How am I missing my own f*cking point? I came in here and made a claim about why I think I will have a hard time rooting for them, and people got defensive. I keep being thrown the "but we didn't get a Durant or Duncan" point, which is irrelevant to my original point.

Myth
05-21-2014, 05:21 AM
And, again, the Irving pick shouldn't even be brought up in this conversation which is why I left him out of that list... The Cavs acquired him with exactly the kind of heady trade you'd be praising the Spurs or OKC for.

And despite getting a #1 pick (good for them on that trade), they lucked into 2 #1 picks. The issue isn't that they got 1 #1 pick, it is that AFTER having a quality #1 pick, they still are getting #1 pick after #1 pick. A team shouldn't need that much luck to succeed when they already have pieces to build around, but the Cavs couldn't drag their sorry asses into the East playoffs despite a more than adequate roster, and then they luck into the 3rd 1st.

NuggetsFan
05-21-2014, 05:22 AM
How am I missing my own f*cking point? I came in here and made a claim about why I think I will have a hard time rooting for them, and people got defensive. I keep being thrown the "but we didn't get a Durant or Duncan" point, which is irrelevant to my original point.

Not to mention Duncan and Robinson were how many drafts apart? Robinson being on the backside of his career when Duncan was getting started. Wasn't he like 35 during the 2nd championship? ... Spurs later consisting of late round steals in Manu/Tony Parker.

Cavaliers just ripped off 3 1st overalls in 4 years. Robinson was drafted 1st overall in 86' the Spurs made the playoffs and than he got hurt and the Spurs "kept him out" which BTW gets mentioned by fans too and drafted Duncan in 1997.

El Gato Negro
05-21-2014, 05:25 AM
You have no point other than i hate Cleveland. The cavs havnt missed on draft picks they have plenty of cap space, expiring contracts for trades and loads of future picks including three first rounders next year. they havnt messed up anywhere other than coaching and have been very unlucky to get high draft picks in shit draft classes. those the facts not the force fed ish/espn bs.

El Gato Negro
05-21-2014, 05:27 AM
You guys are clearly salty end of story. Cleveland loves you! keep trying to spin the shit drafts as if there were star players to be had tho its amusing.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:27 AM
Irving while at the time wasn't hyped as such I think outside of the truly game changing guys is the next best thing. If you can't grab a LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, MJ, Duncan, Durant etc. than I think when all said and done Kyrie is in that next tier.
I love Kyrie, but I'll say it again... the Cavs' organization deserves credit for him being a Cavalier, not viewed as a gift. That was one of the best trades any franchise has made in the last several years. And, again, that's the kind of move that any other franchise would get a ton of love for doing... but, at least from my perspective, it's viewed as "just luck" because it's the Cavs.

I'm not even saying it's completely fair. At this point I'm not that annoyed with it. I deff was being abit of a troll originally. Just that no matter the strength of the draft when a team gets the 1st overall pick 3/4 drafts it's without question bullshit. Bad for the NBA. Nobody wants to see that. If the pick was 2nd or 3rd there would be far less of a shit storm and it wouldn't stay in people's minds as long. 3 years from now if the Cavs make the finals 3 first overall picks sticks out. 3rd overall, 2nd overall than 1st doesn't as much.
I know rage posting when I see it. I've probably done it in my time here, which is why I wasn't too harsh in my retorts earlier. We have a cordial history on this board and I'd like it to remain that way.

With that said, I think a lot of the arguments here are misguided. The actual individual drafts matter... a lot. And, up to this point, I don't feel the Cavs have really been gifted all that much (again, Kyrie was had in a trade). I expect this draft to be much better than the last few, so this pick is hugely important... but, getting No. 1 last year and No. 4 in 2011 and 2012 doesn't exactly strike me as being gifted a dynasty regardless of who we took.

Myth
05-21-2014, 05:28 AM
Not to mention Duncan and Robinson were how many drafts apart? Robinson being on the backside of his career when Duncan was getting started. Wasn't he like 35 during the 2nd championship? ... Spurs later consisting of late round steals in Manu/Tony Parker.

Cavaliers just ripped off 3 1st overalls in 4 years. Robinson was drafted 1st overall in 86' the Spurs made the playoffs and than he got hurt and the Spurs "kept him out" which BTW gets mentioned by fans too and drafted Duncan in 1997.

1987 actually, but fully agree.

Real14
05-21-2014, 05:31 AM
OP iz wrong on this. This draft lottery is rigged, 3 out of 4 years of being number 1 pick sure isn't lucky its nuttin but pure bullshit and a plot to lure Lebron back into Cleveland. What else could tha shit be?:confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:35 AM
And despite getting a #1 pick (good for them on that trade), they lucked into 2 #1 picks. The issue isn't that they got 1 #1 pick, it is that AFTER having a quality #1 pick, they still are getting #1 pick after #1 pick. A team shouldn't need that much luck to succeed when they already have pieces to build around, but the Cavs couldn't drag their sorry asses into the East playoffs despite a more than adequate roster, and then they luck into the 3rd 1st.
The misguided Bynum experiment cost them a spot in the playoffs this year, no doubt about. I liked the move at the time, though, and still think it was worth the risk (since there was no risk, financially speaking).

It's not like they didn't try to get in after he was gone, too. The acquisitions of Deng and Hawes got them very close, but the Bynum hole was a little too deep to climb out of. They were close, while also being the second youngest roster in the league.

What happened tonight was by pure chance. They had the best record of any team picking in the Top 10 in the draft. This was not a case of tanking for a pick. That's why I'm not going apologize for getting a little lucky, especially for a sports town that has endured as much bad luck as Cleveland, be it the Browns, Indians or Cavs.

Maybe there is something to this karma thing, because I feel like if any fans deserve it, it is ours.

Myth
05-21-2014, 05:36 AM
You have no point other than i hate Cleveland. The cavs havnt missed on draft picks they have plenty of cap space, expiring contracts for trades and loads of future picks including three first rounders next year. they havnt messed up anywhere other than coaching and have been very unlucky to get high draft picks in shit draft classes. those the facts not the force fed ish/espn bs.

I don't hate the Cavs at all, Mr. "you clearly are missing the point." Probably the most bothersome part is that I like the Cavs, but it wasn't unconditional and now I feel like there is less point in hoping they are good. I was a big Mark Price and Brad Dougherty fan growing up. I was excited when they got Kemp (even though he did not retain his Sonic abilities). I was a big fan of the Cavs in LeBron's earlier years (even rooted for them over the Spurs). Then, I was pissed as hell when LeBron ditched them. I was happy they got Irving, and even intrigued to an extent when they got a 2nd #1 pick. But the 3rd in 4 years means they have no excuse for not being contender in the future when all the other teams get the scraps from those years. Realistically, they should have 3 #1 picks in their prime in the future, while most other teams with #1 picks will have either pre-prime or post-prime players.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:41 AM

Robinson was drafted in '87, but his rookie year was 1990. He was putting up 16/10 and 2+ blocks per game with DPOY level defense during their first championship and was the team's starting center, averaging just under a double-double with still very good defense, during their second one.

That really wasn't even the point, though... it was the level of player we're talking about with Robinson/Duncan, which the Cavs haven't had the opportunity to acquire despite their recent good fortune. I was making the point that the actual drafts matter as much or more than the picks themselves. I stand by that.

NuggetsFan
05-21-2014, 05:42 AM
With that said, I think a lot of the arguments here are misguided. The actual individual drafts matter... a lot. And, up to this point, I don't feel the Cavs have really been gifted all that much (again, Kyrie was had in a trade). I expect this draft to be much better than the last few, so this pick is hugely important... but, getting No. 1 last year and No. 4 in 2011 and 2012 doesn't exactly strike me as being gifted a dynasty regardless of who we took.

Yeah enough keystrokes have been wasted. Both potentially getting ahead of ourselves too because Cleveland's "1st overall" picks are still pretty young. AB while looking extremely unimpressive as a rookie could turn into something, Irving could still have another gear, this great 1st overall in the current draft could fall flat on his face as well.

Logical or not, right or wrong 3/4 1st overall picks will rub people the wrong way no matter how you slice it. Look at the history of the NBA lottery, look at the past 4 years. Something happened we haven't seen before. Admittedly I didn't think of the Cavs trading for the pick, that was a smart move. Drafts haven't been exactly loaded but still think Irving + this current draft is being downplayed by you.

Myth
05-21-2014, 05:43 AM
The misguided Bynum experiment cost them a spot in the playoffs this year, no doubt about. I liked the move at the time, though, and still think it was worth the risk (since there was no risk, financially speaking).

It's not like they didn't try to get in after he was gone, too. The acquisitions of Deng and Hawes got them very close, but the Bynum hole was a little too deep to climb out of. They were close, while also being the second youngest roster in the league.

What happened tonight was by pure chance. They had the best record of any team picking in the Top 10 in the draft. This was not a case of tanking for a pick. That's why I'm not going apologize for getting a little lucky, especially for a sports town that has endured as much bad luck as Cleveland, be it the Browns, Indians or Cavs.

Maybe there is something to this karma thing, because I feel like if any fans deserve it, it is ours.

I think the Bynum thing is a pretty poor excuse given how epically weak the East is. Hard to say "he is the reason we couldn't win 37 games" when he only played 24 games all season, and he was traded for a recent all-star and a good big for the last 1/3 of the season or so. Sure, he hurt the team, but the East is just so bad.

I'm aware it was chance, and I'm not in any way expecting you to apologize for your team. I'm just hoping you can see why it could make somebody like myself, who was a casual fan of the Cavs, have a hard time pulling for them.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:45 AM
But the 3rd in 4 years means they have no excuse for not being contender in the future when all the other teams get the scraps from those years.
And, if that's your overall point, then I agree. There is no longer any excuses.

My main gripe was the idea that it wouldn't mean anything if they do become contenders because they've had a streak of luck. It will still take some work and the pieces still have to fit.

I would have been just as happy picking 3rd this year without all this scrutiny.

NuggetsFan
05-21-2014, 05:47 AM
Robinson was drafted in '87, but his rookie year was 1990. He was putting up 16/10 and 2+ blocks per game with DPOY level defense during their first championship and was the team's starting center, averaging just under a double-double with still very good defense, during their second one.

That really wasn't even the point, though... it was the level of player we're talking about with Robinson/Duncan, which the Cavs haven't had the opportunity to acquire despite their recent good fortune. I was making the point that the actual drafts matter as much or more than the picks themselves. I stand by that.

Yeah all I meant was the drafts were ten years apart. If Irving was drafted ten years ago this thread wouldn't have been created. Obviously quality of players are much different, just like the situations are.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:50 AM
I think the Bynum thing is a pretty poor excuse given how epically weak the East is.
The numbers don't lie.... Something like 15 games under .500 with him while the team was completely healthy... And then they played essentially .500 ball when he was traded despite key lengthy injuries to key guys (Kyrie, Dion, Deng, Varejao).

I don't feel it is an excuse so much as a pretty obvious fact when you dissect the numbers/records while he was on the team and when he wasn't. Even when he wasn't on the floor, he had the team in complete disarray according to reports.

But, whatever.... I have to crash. Getting dizzy.

Myth
05-21-2014, 05:51 AM
And, if that's your overall point, then I agree. There is no longer any excuses.

My main gripe was the idea that it wouldn't mean anything if they do become contenders because they've had a streak of luck. It will still take some work and the pieces still have to fit.

I would have been just as happy picking 3rd this year without all this scrutiny.

Yeah, that is my overall point. They have no excuses for not being towards the top of the NBA when their players get to their primes. I felt they had no legit excuse for even being in this draft, but that wasn't my original point.

I'm going to be getting off soon :cheers:

Btw, if the Cavs were to win a championship because of 3 #1s, I may not be as thrilled as I would have without them winning this draft, but I'll be happy for the fans of the team (assuming not too many of them are bandwagon fans at that point).

BlazerRed
05-21-2014, 05:55 AM
Bennett :biggums:

clipps
05-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Im having a hard time "believing" that the Cavs "should" be amazing because of their recent luck in the lottery. This is coming from a guy whose supported a team that's been in the lottery all but 7 times in the past 3 decades.

Verticality
05-21-2014, 06:20 AM
Im having a hard time "believing" that the Cavs "should" be amazing because of their recent luck in the lottery. This is coming from a guy whose supported a team that's been in the lottery all but 7 times in the past 3 decades.

Big difference between being in the lottery a lot and winning it a lot, don't ya think?

Sarcastic
05-21-2014, 07:12 AM
Bring on the Draft Wheel!!!

http://i.minus.com/iQ6x8xPmn1LGu.png

I think there is a good possibility that it happens after this draft.

BoutPractice
05-21-2014, 07:18 AM
It is what it is. I personally hope Embiid gets to Milwaukee and doesn't bust out Oden or Olowokandi style. Somehow I feel he'll get cursed if he goes to Cleveland.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 07:23 AM
Bennett :biggums:

meh, if the cavs took Len same result.

If the cavs took Porter same result.

If the cavs took Cody Zeller same result.

If the cavs took Noel, who the f*ck knows.

The cavs were not about to draft their 3rd 6'3'' guard in 3 years.

BlazerRed
05-21-2014, 07:25 AM

Should have traded the pick then rather than waste it on a useless sack of shit.

GOBB
05-21-2014, 07:38 AM
How does Cleveland get so lucky? 3 #1's

Not upset at how it played out. Always felt top 3 was as good as 1 or 2. I was worried about landing 4 and 5. Wiggins Embiid Parker, one will be a Sixer and I'm alright with that. Not totally high on either player. But Cavs can't screw this one up. I wonder who they take because you can argue for Embiid or Wiggins.

I also wonder if Parker could surprise and go above either before sixers pick?

Good luck Cavs I hope your selection actually pans out.

andremiller07
05-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Honestly the NBA had to give the first pick to one of the West lottery teams, I mean if you can't make the playoffs in the East you just completely fail at basketball. Making the playoffs in the West you got to win like 50 games or very close to it and the West had 8 of the best 10 teams in the playoffs and the Suns and Timberwolves probs would have been better than quiet a few of the East playoff teams.

Seriously give it to a team that actually needs it not one that's already had like a insane amount of top 3 picks already. You shouldn't need the #1 pick to be a playoff team in the East teams like the Jazz/Kings needed this way more moving forward and neither has had a top 3 pick in ages (well Jazz have but Kantar is garbage).

That's just garbage the NBA needs to put some rule in place where you can't reward someone for being garbage honestly I would love a rule if you get a top 5 pick you can't have a lottery pick for the next 3 years that way shit teams like the Cavs/Kings/Jazz/Bucks/76ers are forced to trade and actually develop and not rely on being shit to get them players in the draft.

bigt
05-21-2014, 08:06 AM

Is it fair to say Cavs would be in the same position if they took Noel last year? I mean he didn't play at all this season, and while Bennett had a horror start I would presume if you took him out and added nobody they're still going to end up more or less in the same boat, except with an excuse of sorts because their number one pick was out ala Griffin in his first year.

Although I'd still be a lot more excited by a Cavs future featuring Irving, Waiters, Noel and one of Parker/Wiggins (Embiid would probably be off the table in that situation, don't think it'd have the same twin towers allure that Davis/Noel had for the 5 seconds that dream was a reality for me). I know Bennett has gotten better since his first few weeks but he still doesn't strike me as a superstar like Noel could be

Trentknicks
05-21-2014, 08:23 AM
Honestly the NBA had to give the first pick to one of the West lottery teams, I mean if you can't make the playoffs in the East you just completely fail at basketball. Making the playoffs in the West you got to win like 50 games or very close to it and the West had 8 of the best 10 teams in the playoffs and the Suns and Timberwolves probs would have been better than quiet a few of the East playoff teams.

Seriously give it to a team that actually needs it not one that's already had like a insane amount of top 3 picks already. You shouldn't need the #1 pick to be a playoff team in the East teams like the Jazz/Kings needed this way more moving forward and neither has had a top 3 pick in ages (well Jazz have but Kantar is garbage).

That's just garbage the NBA needs to put some rule in place where you can't reward someone for being garbage honestly I would love a rule if you get a top 5 pick you can't have a lottery pick for the next 3 years that way shit teams like the Cavs/Kings/Jazz/Bucks/76ers are forced to trade and actually develop and not rely on being shit to get them players in the draft.
Please, if there's any team who has drafted worse than the Cavs based on draft position in recent year, it's the Kings. They have quite literally gone no where in the last 5, arguably 6 seasons.

andremiller07
05-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Please, if there's any team who has drafted worse than the Cavs based on draft position in recent year, it's the Kings. They have quite literally gone no where in the last 5, arguably 6 seasons.
We have had zero top 3 picks, the Cavs have had 4 or 5, two of our top 5 picks are quality players in the NBA in Tyreke Evans and DMC. Big difference drafting 7-15 than it is 1-4

The Iron Sheik
05-21-2014, 08:26 AM
"This is the last year we'll be in the draft lottery." -Dan gilbert

Uncle Drew
05-21-2014, 08:33 AM
Should have traded the pick then rather than waste it on a useless sack of shit.
We tried trading it. :sleeping

Sarcastic
05-21-2014, 08:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FyNhJAg.jpg

Dat moment when you realize you are going to Cleveland or Milwaukee.

Derka
05-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Celts are right where they statistically had the best chance of being, so no shock there.

But that Cleveland thing...:oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 09:33 AM

Easy to play armchair GM but what most people on here don't realize is that it take two to tango. The cavs did try though.

What GM in their right mind would trade up for last year's number 1?

I mean c'mon. :oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Is it fair to say Cavs would be in the same position if they took Noel last year? I mean he didn't play at all this season, and while Bennett had a horror start I would presume if you took him out and added nobody they're still going to end up more or less in the same boat, except with an excuse of sorts because their number one pick was out ala Griffin in his first year.

Although I'd still be a lot more excited by a Cavs future featuring Irving, Waiters, Noel and one of Parker/Wiggins (Embiid would probably be off the table in that situation, don't think it'd have the same twin towers allure that Davis/Noel had for the 5 seconds that dream was a reality for me). I know Bennett has gotten better since his first few weeks but he still doesn't strike me as a superstar like Noel could be

Bennett did get a lot better he had some decent games but he went down with a knee sprain or something.

Even if Noel was healthy he wouldn't have gotten much burn on Cleveland's team last year. He's a very raw prospect, i like him a lot, and i like him a lot pre draft. His weight is scary though. 206 pounds at the combine and he was 220ish at kentucky. He's gonna get pushed around a lot. I wish him the best though and I do think he has a very high ceiling.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 10:16 AM

Right...it's hilarious how butt-hurt Cavs fans don't get it.

It's not hard. NBA fans that aren't Cavs fans don't want a shit franchise like them to get all these players. Why? Because they have a history of being a shit franchise and not putting pieces around elite players.

We don't want to see a franchise that lucked into one of the 8 or so best players ever...and could only give him Mo Williams in 7 years....get 3 number 1 draft picks. It would be like this for other teams. The Wolves haven't made the playoffs in what seems like forever...and they've had KG and Kevin Love.

So what's the point? You get KG and can't do shit. You get Kevin Love and can't do shit. You get Lebron and you can't surround him with shit.

Just seems pointless. These shit franchises continue to get pick after pick...and they don't do anything with them half the time.

That is why fans are upset. If some improbable thing was going to happen...we wanted it to be for a team like the Suns or something. That would make the league better. Not giving a shit franchise another great pick.

As a NBA fan...hopefully they turn it around.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Right...it's hilarious how butt-hurt Cavs fans don't get it.

It's not hard. NBA fans that aren't Cavs fans don't want a shit franchise like them to get all these players. Why? Because they have a history of being a shit franchise and not putting pieces around elite players.

We don't want to see a franchise that lucked into one of the 8 or so best players ever...and could only give him Mo Williams in 7 years....get 3 number 1 draft picks. It would be like this for other teams. The Wolves haven't made the playoffs in what seems like forever...and they've had KG and Kevin Love.

So what's the point? You get KG and can't do shit. You get Kevin Love and can't do shit. You get Lebron and you can't surround him with shit.

Just seems pointless. These shit franchises continue to get pick after pick...and they don't do anything with them half the time.

That is why fans are upset. If some improbable thing was going to happen...we wanted it to be for a team like the Suns or something. That would make the league better. Not giving a shit franchise another great pick.

As a NBA fan...hopefully they turn it around.

i don't see what separates the suns from the timberwolves and the cavs. What have the suns accomplished? Having Amare walk from them for nothing? Trading for old shaq? :confusedshrug:

People seems to forget that the NBA has the fewest amount of different teams winning a championship, and apparently on ISH if your franchise hasn't won one, you are a sh*t franchise.

BoutPractice
05-21-2014, 10:56 AM
I suppose... But as non-Cavs fan, if they do select what turns out to be a HOF type player with their first pick, it'd be frustrating and a bit pointless to watch said player accumulate stats on non-contending Cavs teams before bolting to a shiny big market.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 11:10 AM
i don't see what separates the suns from the timberwolves and the cavs. What have the suns accomplished? Having Amare walk from them for nothing? Trading for old shaq? :confusedshrug:

People seems to forget that the NBA has the fewest amount of different teams winning a championship, and apparently on ISH if your franchise hasn't won one, you are a sh*t franchise.

What separates them?

They didn't get Lebron and then surround him with nothing for 7 years. The Suns got Nash, Amare, Marion...and a group of quality role players as well for years.

They clearly built more around Amare than the Cavs did around Lebron....it's not even remotely close.

But that isn't even really the point. The Suns didn't get 4 number 1 picks in 11 years.

Nobody cares about this if the Cavs do something with this latest one now. We want them to. We want them to be good. We want to see more quality teams.

That is what this is about. The more quality teams...the more fun the NBA is. And we rightfully are worried that a franchise like the Cavs that seem to always screw it up...is going to screw it up again and we are worried we are going to see really good young players wasting away in Cleveland.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 11:15 AM
I suppose... But as non-Cavs fan, if they do select what turns out to be a HOF type player with their first pick, it'd be frustrating and a bit pointless to watch said player accumulate stats on non-contending Cavs teams before bolting to a shiny big market.

t i get the point.. I'm ultra pissed at the Indianapolis colts for having all that time with Peyton, having a year with no QB, then tanking for Andrew Luck.

But look at KD an OKC. KD hasn't seemed to give any indication he wants out. Not every superstar player is like Lebron. (and it's not like the cavs weren't contending with Lebron, they were in the mix his last 3 seasons)

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 11:17 AM
What separates them?

They didn't get Lebron and then surround him with nothing for 7 years. The Suns got Nash, Amare, Marion...and a group of quality role players as well for years.

They clearly built more around Amare than the Cavs did around Lebron....it's not even remotely close.

But that isn't even really the point. The Suns didn't get 4 number 1 picks in 11 years.

Nobody cares about this if the Cavs do something with this latest one now. We want them to. We want them to be good. We want to see more quality teams.

That is what this is about. The more quality teams...the more fun the NBA is. And we rightfully are worried that a franchise like the Cavs that seem to always screw it up...is going to screw it up again and we are worried we are going to see really good young players wasting away in Cleveland.

Did Cleveland ruin Lebron's career? No.

Did Milwaukee ruin Kareem's career? No.

Did Orlando ruin Dwight's career? No.

Did Orlando ruin Shaq's career? No.

Did OKC ruin Harden's career? No.

Did Denver ruin Melo's career? No.

I get the saltiness, but let's not act like a player goes to Cleveland and contracts some terrible space jam disease where they are terrible the rest of their career.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Did Cleveland ruin Lebron's career? No.

Did Milwaukee ruin Kareem's career? No.

Did Orlando ruin Dwight's career? No.

Did Orlando ruin Shaq's career? No.

Did OKC ruin Harden's career? No.

Did Denver ruin Melo's career? No.

I get the saltiness, but let's not act like a player goes to Cleveland and contracts some terrible space jam disease where they are terrible the rest of their career.

Dude. I don't understand this. Nobody is saying this just about the Cavs....it's just that the Cavs are the most recent team to do this shit.

It's a wide spread problem in the NBA for some of these markets/franchises.

Nobody said the Cavs ruined Lebron's career. But they sure wasted 7 years of it giving him scraps to work with...let's be honest.

That is all this is. People would be saying the same shit if so many other teams had done what the Cavs have done the last 11 years.

You Cavs fans act like it's personal. It's not. It's about what your franchise has done for a long time now. It's just been a poorly run franchise for a long time now and as fans it scares us to see so much young talent heading to a shit franchise with a history of screwing things up...because we want more quality teams.

I just hate the draft lottery for this reason. I know the Cavs got lucky...this isn't about that. I'm for an almost completely random draft with each team getting the same odds each year. Because giving high picks to shit teams fails just as much as it works. It promotes tanking and being bad...and essentially turns some markets into developmental teams. Like the Wolves.

And most likely what would have been the Cavs with Irving had they not lucked into the first pick this year.

We just want to see them do something with it now. They could not have done worse with Lebron...hopefully they do better with all the stuff they have now.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 11:26 AM
t i get the point.. I'm ultra pissed at the Indianapolis colts for having all that time with Peyton, having a year with no QB, then tanking for Andrew Luck.

But look at KD an OKC. KD hasn't seemed to give any indication he wants out. Not every superstar player is like Lebron. (and it's not like the cavs weren't contending with Lebron, they were in the mix his last 3 seasons)

See...this is the problem people have with Cavs fans.

Comparing KD and Lebron? What?

KD is playing on a loaded team with a legit superstar and a great 3rd guy in Ibaka with a really good drafting GM with tons of future assets and young players.

The Cavs were so much worse than these Thunder teams it's just laughable to compare them...

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Dude. I don't understand this. Nobody is saying this just about the Cavs....it's just that the Cavs are the most recent team to do this shit.

It's a wide spread problem in the NBA for some of these markets/franchises.

Nobody said the Cavs ruined Lebron's career. But they sure wasted 7 years of it giving him scraps to work with...let's be honest.

That is all this is. People would be saying the same shit if so many other teams had done what the Cavs have done the last 11 years.

You Cavs fans act like it's personal. It's not. It's about what your franchise has done for a long time now. It's just been a poorly run franchise for a long time now and as fans it scares us to see so much young talent heading to a shit franchise with a history of screwing things up...because we want more quality teams.

I just hate the draft lottery for this reason. I know the Cavs got lucky...this isn't about that. I'm for an almost completely random draft with each team getting the same odds each year. Because giving high picks to shit teams fails just as much as it works. It promotes tanking and being bad...and essentially turns some markets into developmental teams. Like the Wolves.

And most likely what would have been the Cavs with Irving had they not lucked into the first pick this year.

We just want to see them do something with it now. They could not have done worse with Lebron...hopefully they do better with all the stuff they have now.

that's just revisionist history. You act as if the cavs were in the lottery rather then contenders. Lebron had his opportunities in Cleveland.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 11:29 AM
See...this is the problem people have with Cavs fans.

Comparing KD and Lebron? What?

KD is playing on a loaded team with a legit superstar and a great 3rd guy in Ibaka with a really good drafting GM with tons of future assets and young players.

The Cavs were so much worse than these Thunder teams it's just laughable to compare them...

what have the thunder done that the cavs didn't? get to the finals once? be disappointing?

kamil
05-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Lakers got robbed.

STFU, your franchise has had enough success, some of it through rigging; 2002.

It's long overdue that the Lakers fell into complete irrelevance.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 11:40 AM
what have the thunder done that the cavs didn't? get to the finals once? be disappointing?

What?

It's not just about results...it's about building a quality team.

Again...this is the problem with delusional Cavs fans. You think Lebron left for no reason or that he has a flaw or something. He left because you gave him shit to work with for 7 years and basically had no future.

Take a look at the the differences;

KD is now in year 7....the same year Lebron left.

The Thunder have been contenders since 2011. They have a superstar in Westbrook who is 25 years old. Ibaka is a great 3rd guy...he's 24. Reggie Jackson is a fantastic 6th man...he's 23. They have a beast of a prospect at center with Adams. Perry Jones and Lamb are both promising and they are 22 and 21 respectively.

And they have an extra pick in the draft this year.

So not only have the Thunder been contenders since 2011, but they have a brighter future on paper than any other team in the league.

The Cavs never gave Lebron a player as Ibaka his entire team in Cleveland. Mo Williams, probably the best player Lebron had, would be the 5th best player on the current Thunder.

Even worse, the Cavs were old as ****.

Look at what the Cavs were running out;

Mo Williams
Jamison (old)
Shaq (old)
Parker (old)
West
Andy
Moon
Big Z (old)

That is what the Cavs had the year Lebron left. It's laughable how bad that is for the future. They had nothing. And they weren't even close to as good as the Thunder are now when healthy.

Please stop comparing the two situations. Durant would be a moron to leave....Lebron absolutely had to leave in order to win.

And I'd also like to point out...that the current Cavs should be in a position to trade some of their young players and picks for a true star. Like Kevin Love, but most likely they can't, because a guy like Love won't agree to stay for sure.

That is an issue Cavs fans try to sweep under the rug.

Again, we all want the Cavs to be good. We want every team to be better. It's way more fun to watch the league. The West was amazing this year. The East was shit. And it's not as fun. If there were 5 more good teams...that NBA would be so much better. And it's frustrating when teams like the Wolves and Cavs squander a lot of what they've gotten.

I<3NBA
05-21-2014, 11:58 AM
the Cavs have been gifted nothing. they've managed to screw up everything, expect them to continue doing so.

any team that re-hires Mike Brown should get no respect from anyone.

and the moron that made that move should not be allowed to hold any front office position forever.

Legends66NBA7
05-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Dat moment when you realize you are going to Cleveland or Milwaukee.

Wiggins probably bolting after his 4th season. Ditto for Joel.

I just can't see them having success on those teams that will convince them to stay.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Wiggins probably bolting after his 4th season. Ditto for Joel.

I just can't see them having success on those teams that will convince them to stay.
I love how people are speculating 5, 6, 7 years down the road. :oldlol:

The last 18 hours have been priceless.

VengefulAngel
05-21-2014, 05:13 PM
What?

It's not just about results...it's about building a quality team.

Again...this is the problem with delusional Cavs fans. You think Lebron left for no reason or that he has a flaw or something. He left because you gave him shit to work with for 7 years and basically had no future.

Take a look at the the differences;

KD is now in year 7....the same year Lebron left.

The Thunder have been contenders since 2011. They have a superstar in Westbrook who is 25 years old. Ibaka is a great 3rd guy...he's 24. Reggie Jackson is a fantastic 6th man...he's 23. They have a beast of a prospect at center with Adams. Perry Jones and Lamb are both promising and they are 22 and 21 respectively.

And they have an extra pick in the draft this year.

So not only have the Thunder been contenders since 2011, but they have a brighter future on paper than any other team in the league.

The Cavs never gave Lebron a player as Ibaka his entire team in Cleveland. Mo Williams, probably the best player Lebron had, would be the 5th best player on the current Thunder.

Even worse, the Cavs were old as ****.

Look at what the Cavs were running out;

Mo Williams
Jamison (old)
Shaq (old)
Parker (old)
West
Andy
Moon
Big Z (old)

That is what the Cavs had the year Lebron left. It's laughable how bad that is for the future. They had nothing. And they weren't even close to as good as the Thunder are now when healthy.

Please stop comparing the two situations. Durant would be a moron to leave....Lebron absolutely had to leave in order to win.

And I'd also like to point out...that the current Cavs should be in a position to trade some of their young players and picks for a true star. Like Kevin Love, but most likely they can't, because a guy like Love won't agree to stay for sure.

That is an issue Cavs fans try to sweep under the rug.

Again, we all want the Cavs to be good. We want every team to be better. It's way more fun to watch the league. The West was amazing this year. The East was shit. And it's not as fun. If there were 5 more good teams...that NBA would be so much better. And it's frustrating when teams like the Wolves and Cavs squander a lot of what they've gotten.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This.

TheReturn
05-21-2014, 05:18 PM

:applause:

Ball So Harden
05-21-2014, 07:11 PM

I like that idea, but with a tweak. Give teams the ability to declare franchise players. A franchise contract could allow for longer contracts that can pay more per year. If your team and a player come to terms on such a contract, you are ineligible for a top 3 pick until that contract is no longer on your team.

LABean
05-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Cleveland got lucky but no one else missed out majorly or got robbed.

The Pistons lost their pick. Cleveland bumped them out of the top 8.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 07:36 PM
The Pistons lost their pick. Cleveland bumped them out of the top 8.
Not exactly a surprise. Pistons fans knew this was a distinct possibility. Any movement in teams 9-14 would have knocked the Pistons out. They needed it to work out exactly as projected.

Sucks for their fans... they are a divisional foe, though, so... :confusedshrug:

longtime lurker
05-21-2014, 08:18 PM
The crying over the lottery is fvcking hilarious! Who gives a damn how many number 1 picks Cleveland gets. That's why it's called fvcking lottery! Fans of loser franchises are just mad because they continue to support a garbage team that's forever "rebuilding" :lol

Congrats to Cleveland. Don't fvck it up, pick Wiggins.

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2014, 12:28 AM
I love how people are speculating 5, 6, 7 years down the road. :oldlol:

The last 18 hours have been priceless.

My comments are really in jest, but most Raptor fans want to believe it.

I don't see Wiggins staying if the team isn't contending and certainly not in Milwaukee of all places.

Shade8780
05-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Laker fans saying they got robbed when every other ****ing team went down one spot too. Jesus, I hate their fans :facepalm

ballup
05-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Not sure why people mad. I was laughing my ass off when the results were revealed.