PDA

View Full Version : In three straight drafts, Cavs passed on Jonas, Drummond and Noel; is Embiid next?

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Can this team really be that stupid to pass on potentially the best Center since Dwight Howard?

Yea, I think they can:bowdown:

I can't think of a big that was drafted that didn't have some injury issues coming out of college or high school. Like, didn't Dwight Howard have an issue or two when he came out? Same for Okafur, right?

Kujo
05-21-2014, 06:36 AM
That back would scare me (even if he passes all medical test). Parker or Wiggins are the safer picks.

Plus, I'm not convinced Embid will be as good as everyone think's hell be. He's still very raw, and very much a project imho.

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 06:42 AM
That back would scare me (even if he passes all medical test). Parker or Wiggins are the safer picks.

Plus, I'm not convinced Embid will be as good as everyone think's hell be. He's still very raw, and very much a project imho.
Safer based on what?

At minimum Embiid will be a 12/11/3 player. I mean really, that's his absolute floor. The guy is clearly the more skilled and impactful player among the three. Kansas went to shit when Embiid got hurt... What's wiggins gonna do for Cleveland that he could do leading like 10 All Americans at Kansas?

coin24
05-21-2014, 06:46 AM
OP dumbass told us Kyrie will bust and dion is the next wade:lol :lol

Only the cavs would be stupid enough to pick Embiid at #1, please do it:oldlol:

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 06:47 AM
In 21 MPG from the Center position, Embiid averaged the same amount of APG & SPG as Wiggins from the wing did in 34 MPG!!

I mean, this guy Wiggins is getting a straight pass for having a rather pedestrian freshman season

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 06:49 AM

Post the stats that back up Wiggins being a great player in the league... Oh wait, there aren't any (besides FT rate).

Uncle Drew
05-21-2014, 06:50 AM

Embiid's the best prospect in this whole thing. :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
05-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Maybe go for Wiggins. Kyrie and Waiters have the guard spots pretty much locked down

FPJ
05-21-2014, 06:54 AM
:oldlol: They will probably take Randle.

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 06:55 AM
Who would the Spurs draft? Hmmm.. I wonder who

Rubio2Gasol
05-21-2014, 07:02 AM
:oldlol: They will probably take Randle.

Seems like a Cavs type of pick :cheers:

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 07:02 AM
embiid could be the next hakeem, and that's not really a stretch to say.

He's only been playing bball since 2011 and he has such a varied offensive arsenal already it's crazy.

Comparing this guy to nerlens noel when he came out is night and day. a 206 pound C w/ no offense versus a 250 pounder that can go to work in the post?

The back is a major concern though. Stress fractures are a pretty bad sign.

Uncle Drew
05-21-2014, 07:05 AM
The back is a major concern though. Stress fractures are a pretty bad sign.
Drummond seems to do just fine. If his back causes no issues for the future, he's our guy. He fits everywhere. Post player, rim protector, you name 'em. Hell, even Kyrie's defense won't be an issue anymore. He'd be a nice duo with Bennett too.

Flush
05-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Canadian curse: Cavs will draft Wiggins.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 07:09 AM
Drummond seems to do just fine. If his back causes no issues for the future, he's our guy. He fits everywhere. Post player, rim protector, you name 'em. Hell, even Kyrie's defense won't be an issue anymore. He'd be a nice duo with Bennett too.

i love how he runs the floor.

Cavs also have access to the best medical facilities in the world, and have one of the best medical training staffs in the league.

He's my top choice at the moment

bigt
05-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Before the lottery I was desperately hoping Boston would sneak into the top pick/s and get a shot at Embiid. The back is a justifiable concern, but if he's healthy enough to go I think he has the potential to be a top 2 bigman in the league alongside Anthony Davis. I'd be taking him in spite of the risk, the value of a bigman with that kind of natural ability and skill is just too good to pass up

JtotheIzzo
05-21-2014, 07:56 AM
I've seen mock drafts with them taking Embiid, Parker and Wiggins.

Hard to see them not f*cking it up, that is the Cavs.

Hopefully Wiggins falls to Philly, but I would bet the farm that Cleveland takes him.

ralph_i_el
05-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Post the stats that back up Wiggins being a great player in the league... Oh wait, there aren't any (besides FT rate).
huuuuur stats. I bet nobody could post any stats for kyrie either

toneloc103
05-21-2014, 08:02 AM
PB you forgot to list the legendary Alex len, who we passed up also. Emid=Thabeet imo. People said the same crap about Thabeet when he came out. a 7 footer with a bad back? Thanks but no. I would love to have Wiggins, then Parker. Why not re-sign Hawes and draft Wiggins? We have servicable big men. What we dont have is a 3.

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 08:02 AM

Hopefully Wiggins falls to Philly, but I would bet the farm that Cleveland takes him.
What you think Bennett does this season?

He looked lost this season. I was shocked how out of place he looked on the court, like he didn't believe he was good enough to be in the league. He has talent but his on-court temperament and mentality left me dispirited.

Regardless, you gotta go with Embiid if you think Bennett is worthy of development. They fit together perfectly.

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 08:06 AM
PB you forgot to list the legendary Alex len, who we passed up also. Emid=Thabeet imo. People said the same crap about Thabeet when he came out. a 7 footer with a bad back? Thanks but no. I would love to have Wiggins, then Parker. Why not re-sign Hawes and draft Wiggins? We have servicable big men. What we dont have is a 3.
Cavs only need a 3D small forward. Hawes not protecting the rim. Him and Bennett is not frontline that's taking you anywhere. Gotta build a cohesive team.

Embiid is not Thabeet. Embiid moves like a SF. He's a fluid athlete with great timing on both sides of the court. Thabeet is a lazy comparison, IMO.

JtotheIzzo
05-21-2014, 08:11 AM
What you think Bennett does this season?

He looked lost this season. I was shocked how out of place he looked on the court, like he didn't believe he was good enough to be in the league. He has talent but his on-court temperament and mentality left me dispirited.

Regardless, you gotta go with Embiid if you think Bennett is worthy of development. They fit together perfectly.

That's true, and I still believe Bennett can play in the league. I think he will climb to be a top 15 PF in the league next season with summer league and training camp under his belt.

Bennett will put in the time this summer and he will come out of it a much more focused and dominant (to a degree obviously) player. He does have a good attitude and is a good kid.

Embiid is a great pick any year, I just don't see the Cavs rolling the dice, I see them playing it safe, and there is a hole at 3 and with Wiggins' ability to defend 1 through 4 he could play two alongside LBJ should he decide to come back.

Kyrie-Wiggins-LeBron-Bennett-7Footer.

That would be a scary team.

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 08:19 AM
That's true, and I still believe Bennett can play in the league. I think he will climb to be a top 15 PF in the league next season with summer league and training camp under his belt.

Bennett will put in the time this summer and he will come out of it a much more focused and dominant (to a degree obviously) player. He does have a good attitude and is a good kid.

Embiid is a great pick any year, I just don't see the Cavs rolling the dice, I see them playing it safe, and there is a hole at 3 and with Wiggins' ability to defend 1 through 4 he could play two alongside LBJ should he decide to come back.

Kyrie-Wiggins-LeBron-Bennett-7Footer.

That would be a scary team.
Wiggins is not a shooting guard. Drafting him to play the 2 is stupid but its something I think the Cavs could do, as they apparently don't value the Center position and think playing from the outside in is going to win games in this league.

coin24
05-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Any idea who's coaching the cavs next season??
Will play a big role developing what they have, brown was a disaster for Bennett

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Any idea who's coaching the cavs next season??
Will play a big role developing what they have, brown was a disaster for Bennett
Hollins or Karl, IMO

Im so nba'd out
05-21-2014, 09:10 AM
its 3 great players pleezebelieve and we all get one :cheers:.I would be happy with any of the 3

Nash
05-21-2014, 09:12 AM
embiid > Parker and wiggins

Jailblazers7
05-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Wiggins is much more raw than Embiid as a prospect. Just because Embiid's english sounds bad doesn't mean he is some super raw project.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 09:25 AM
Wiggins is much more raw than Embiid as a prospect. Just because Embiid's english sounds bad doesn't mean he is some super raw project.

i don't think people are considered about his development... if anything it what has everybody going so crazy. Legit prototypical C's with his repertoire are hard to come by.

it's that damn back. Heard this is his second stress fracture. If true that's a pretty big red flag.

Uncle Drew
05-21-2014, 09:59 AM
According to ESPN, Embiid is at the top of our draft board.

SilkkTheShocker
05-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Passing on Jonas isn't a big deal. In hindsight, Leonard would have been the pick at 4.

PleezeBelieve
05-21-2014, 10:20 AM
According to ESPN, Embiid is at the top of our draft board.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Jailblazers7
05-21-2014, 10:22 AM

I think it is likely that it goes:

1. Embiid
2. Parker
3. Wiggins

Embiid is the clear #1 imo if his back passes testing. MIL already has someone in the mold of Wiggins in Giannis and Jabari gives them a scorer to build around that they desperately need. Play him as a stretch 4 or go big with him at 3. Plus, MIL is close to Chicago so I could see that as a factor in the back of their minds.

Haymaker
05-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Many other teams passed on Drummond and Jonas, not just the Cavs. Noel is still a question mark.

Rocketswin2013
05-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Safer based on what?

At minimum Embiid will be a 12/11/3 player. I mean really, that's his absolute floor. The guy is clearly the more skilled and impactful player among the three. Kansas went to shit when Embiid got hurt... What's wiggins gonna do for Cleveland that he could do leading like 10 All Americans at Kansas?
Lol that's his floor if healthy. A bad back can drastically change the performance of a player.

christian1923
05-21-2014, 11:46 AM
I would take wiggins, Parker, exum, smart and randle all before embiiid. The guy is already injured, bigs always get hurt, and center isn't an important position anymore.

He might be good for a few years but that back is scary