PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to draft at number 6?

Rondooooooooooo
05-21-2014, 07:00 AM
The mock drafts I have see have us drafting Aaron Gordon, who do you guys want to see in a celtics jersey next season?

HURLEX
05-21-2014, 11:22 AM
I think Noah Vonleh is their best bet at #6. He has the biggest hands in the whole draft, has serious wingspan, a PF that can shoot, he's young and very coachable. Perfect for the rebuilding Celtics and I think Brad Stevens could help make him into an even better version of Chris Bosh.

Shade8780
05-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Gordon.

CelticBaller
05-21-2014, 01:11 PM
I think Noah Vonleh is their best bet at #6. He has the biggest hands in the whole draft, has serious wingspan, a PF that can shoot, he's young and very coachable. Perfect for the rebuilding Celtics and I think Brad Stevens could help make him into an even better version of Chris Bosh.
Oh great another pf

Shade8780
05-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Oh great another pf
Either another PF or draft Smart at our best position.

salwan
05-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Vonleh :confusedshrug: I think he's got a higher ceiling than randle or gordon.

I have a feeling we will move our draft pick tho. can we somehow move up to get a top4 pick?

CelticBaller
05-22-2014, 01:02 AM
Either another PF or draft Smart at our best position.
Give me smart, move him to sg and let bradley go, i heard he thinks he can get max anyways

Rondooooooooooo
05-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Give me smart, move him to sg and let bradley go, i heard he thinks he can get max anyways

This is what I was thinking if we do keep the pick. We have too many PF already, and I dont see them drafting another, unless they plan on moving sully, olynyk, or bass.

veilside23
05-28-2014, 09:21 PM
maybe package green + the pick to philly? and get their 3rd pick plus i dont know who else...

ballup
05-31-2014, 12:10 PM
I'd say trade the pick

UConnCeltics
06-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Rondo, Green, Anthony, Bradley, Sullinger for Westbrook, Lamb, Perkins, and 21.
6- Gordon
17- James Young
21- Shabazz Napier

Westbrook/Shabazz
Lamb/Young
Wallace/FA
Bass/Gordon
Perkins/Olynyk

Do I get the award for most unrealistic but possible at the same time scenario? Best part is there is enough expiring to grab Kevin Love next year.

Shade8780
06-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Rondo, Green, Anthony, Bradley, Sullinger for Westbrook, Lamb, Perkins, and 21.
6- Gordon
17- James Young
21- Shabazz Napier

Westbrook/Shabazz
Lamb/Young
Wallace/FA
Bass/Gordon
Perkins/Olynyk

Do I get the award for most unrealistic but possible at the same time scenario? Best part is there is enough expiring to grab Kevin Love next year.
That's pretty much our whole team for Westbrook :lol

Pushxx
06-02-2014, 10:47 PM
My favorite players in the draft are Gary Harris, TJ Warren, Doug McDermott, Nik Stauskas, and Dario Saric.

I'm excited to see how the draft changes with trades.

JohnnySic
06-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Smart or Randle, whichever is there.

hj01850
06-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I would pick Gordan, because of his hustle and athletic ability.

UConnCeltics
06-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Trade Rondo and Green for Gay and #8. Pick up Embiid at 6, Lavine at 8, Shabazz at 17.

Bradley/Shabazz
LaVine
Gay/Wallace
Bass/Olynyk
Sullinger/Embiid (RIP)

That team would be on a collision course for the #1 pick next season. But after next season, we get Love for the max and then sign back Rondo. We get:

Rondo/Shabazz
Bradley/LaVine
Lottery pick/Wallace
Love/Olynyk
Sullinger/Embiid

That team has the potential to be dirty.

Shade8780
06-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Trade Rondo and Green for Gay and #8. Pick up Embiid at 6, Lavine at 8, Shabazz at 17.

Bradley/Shabazz
LaVine
Gay/Wallace
Bass/Olynyk
Sullinger/Embiid (RIP)

That team would be on a collision course for the #1 pick next season. But after next season, we get Love for the max and then sign back Rondo. We get:

Rondo/Shabazz
Bradley/LaVine
Lottery pick/Wallace
Love/Olynyk
Sullinger/Embiid

Trading Rondo and Green for Gay and LaVine :biggums:
Starting Sully over Embiid :biggums:
Signing back Rondo, a year after trading him :biggums:
Assuming Love will be allowed to walk into FA after a team just traded for him :biggums:

Rondooooooooooo
06-24-2014, 08:41 AM

Bradley/Shabazz
LaVine
Gay/Wallace
Bass/Olynyk
Sullinger/Embiid (RIP)

Rondo/Shabazz
Bradley/LaVine
Lottery pick/Wallace
Love/Olynyk
Sullinger/Embiid

Wayyyy too much risk in resigning rondo, signing love, and all the players falling to us in the draft

That_Admiral
06-25-2014, 06:13 AM
I hear that it's possible that embiid might be up for grabs at 6. Do you think it's worth going for that risk? I mean it could pay off immensely if he heals, and if he doesn't, well we're still in the rebuilding phase.

Rondooooooooooo
06-25-2014, 07:20 AM
I hear that it's possible that embiid might be up for grabs at 6. Do you think it's worth going for that risk? I mean it could pay off immensely if he heals, and if he doesn't, well we're still in the rebuilding phase.

I would be 100% for drafting embiid at 6, that would be a steal.

Shade8780
06-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Of course it's worth it. Embiid is the best prospect in the Draft.

CelticBaller
06-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Parker, more realistically exum

That_Admiral
06-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Parker, more realistically exum

you think exum will drop down that low? i highly doubt it. but if he did, that would be crazy good

CelticBaller
06-26-2014, 09:26 PM
you think exum will drop down that low? i highly doubt it. but if he did, that would be crazy good
so close :/

That_Admiral
06-26-2014, 09:39 PM
so close :/
hahah, yeah i just saw that... damn almost got him

That_Admiral
06-26-2014, 09:42 PM
So how do we feel about our first round picks?

CelticBaller
06-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Young was a steal, smart meh

UConnCeltics
06-26-2014, 11:53 PM
I wish we packaged Rondo to get to 8 when Vonleh was sliding. Best PF in draft, and Ainge would have ended the night with 3 lottery talents.

That_Admiral
06-27-2014, 12:16 AM
I wish we packaged Rondo to get to 8 when Vonleh was sliding. Best PF in draft, and Ainge would have ended the night with 3 lottery talents.
just asking, but don't you think we already have enough power forwards as it is? like bass, humphries and sulinger? unless you're saying we would probably trade them off.

UConnCeltics
06-27-2014, 09:10 AM
just asking, but don't you think we already have enough power forwards as it is? like bass, humphries and sulinger? unless you're saying we would probably trade them off.
Well Humphries expired this year so I don't think they will bring him back. Bass will expire after this season. I think Sullinger is much better suited to be your first big off the bench, if you want to be a championship team. You need an elite PF to win the championship. The last 8 championship teams have had 5 elite PFs: Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, KG, Dirk, and Pau Gasol back when Lakers had Bynum.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2014, 03:07 PM
We still have glaring weaknesses that need addressing. But they weren't there in this draft, either.. I'm OK with the picks

Rondooooooooooo
06-29-2014, 12:19 AM
We still have glaring weaknesses that need addressing. But they weren't there in this draft, either.. I'm OK with the picks

Like a lights out shooter? Nik Staukas was there, but I think getting him at 6 would have been reaching. I am hoping we put a offer out to Hayward, him and Stevens have history, Stevens will know just how to use him efficiently

BlackWhiteGreen
06-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Like a lights out shooter? Nik Staukas was there, but I think getting him at 6 would have been reaching. I am hoping we put a offer out to Hayward, him and Stevens have history, Stevens will know just how to use him efficiently

Like a centre was more my thinking... We might be missing out on 5% 3ptshooting from Stauskas to Bradley, but a rim protector would do this team a world of good. Personally I'm rooting to get Steimsma back. Solid and cheap

Rondooooooooooo
06-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Like a centre was more my thinking... We might be missing out on 5% 3ptshooting from Stauskas to Bradley, but a rim protector would do this team a world of good. Personally I'm rooting to get Steimsma back. Solid and cheap

Agreed. I wasn't hoping for stauskas, I'm just still anticipating us to get Hayward. Steimsma would be a awesome pickup, and like you said relatively cheap

Shade8780
07-02-2014, 01:00 PM
He's the next Bill Russell after all.