PDA

View Full Version : The Sixers look like they could be well set for the future..

coolhandsteve
05-21-2014, 10:22 AM
If you're them at the 3rd and 10th pick, who do you take to fit in with the team?

Jailblazers7
05-21-2014, 10:25 AM
I want Wiggins and Gary Harris with those two picks. Team would be set on the perimeter for the next decade.

MCW
Harris
Wiggins
?
Noel

That is a team that has a rim protector, lockdown perimeter defender, a floor spacing SG, and a long playmaker at PG.

plowking
05-21-2014, 10:41 AM
I think Wiggins and Embiid will be taken 1 and 2, so they'd be left with Jabari, which is a good start. I guess with him and Noel, you have your two franchise players, and a very good young prospect at PG as well. At the same time, do MCW and Jabari mesh well?

At 10, a number of decent prospects could still be on the board. Aaron Gordon is one of them. If he is there, take him. If not, it could be worth it to trade the pick for a 15-20 pick and get a decent wing around there. There are a lot of SG/SF hybrids who are a decent pick up like Zach Levine, Rodney Hood, Gary Harris, James Young, etc.
I personally wouldn't go for Harris as he is on the smaller side...

But yeah, great future if Noel pans out, and if they get one of Wiggins or Parker.

Jailblazers7
05-21-2014, 11:10 AM
I think MCW's size at PG kind of helps to negate Harris being a tad short for a SG. Plus Harris was a pretty solid rebounder at MSU last year so I would feel fine with him at SG. I'm probably irrationally optimistic right now but I think there is a really solid chance that MIL takes Parker.

I do love Gordon as a prospect tho. I think he ends up being a Shawn Marion type of guy. I think he ends up getting taken before #10.

Dr.J4ever
05-21-2014, 11:12 AM
I think Wiggins will fall to the Sixers..Cavs will take Embiid. Hawes' contract is almost done, and Verejao is always injured. The Bucks need a polished scorer, while Wiggins fits in well with the Sixers fast pace game.

With the tenth pick, I don't know. Lots of names. Even Saric is a possibility. Exciting month ahead:rockon:

JellyBean
05-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Much like the Cavs, the Sixers front office will find some way to screw things up and be a lottery pick for 3-4 more years. It is like teams draft players that do not fit the coach's philosophy, so the drafted player is lost in all of the confusion.

Jailblazers7
05-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Much like the Cavs, the Sixers front office will find some way to screw things up and be a lottery pick for 3-4 more years. It is like teams draft players that do not fit the coach's philosophy, so the drafted player is lost in all of the confusion.

Sixers have a new front office (who killed it in the draft last year) and a new coach who is a Pop guy. There is no reason to believe that they will be as inept as a franchise that just fired their coach and GM.

Dr.J4ever
05-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Not this time. The Sixers FO is solid, and I'm not a homer.

JellyBean
05-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Sixers have a new front office (who killed it in the draft last year) and a new coach who is a Pop guy. There is no reason to believe that they will be as inept as a franchise that just fired their coach and GM.

We will see come June 26. I still see 2-3 years of growing pains for the Sixers, depending on who the Sixers draft and what happens with center Noel.

Im so nba'd out
05-21-2014, 11:28 AM
i cant remember the last time we had a bad draft.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 11:30 AM
God they ended up raping the shit out of the Pelicans in that trade.

Got Noel and the 10th pick in the draft for an overpaid Jrue Holiday. Unreal how stupid some of these franchises are.

Honestly....

The Pelicans have now done the following;

1. Traded Chris Paul for Gordon/Aminu/Rivers
2. Traded Noel/10th pick for Holiday
3. Signed Gordon to a max deal
4. Signed Evans to 12 million a year

Does it get worse than that?

JellyBean
05-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Not this time. The Sixers FO is solid, and I'm not a homer.

Hopefully you are right on the money. We will see on June 26.

Dr.J4ever
05-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Hopefully you are right on the money. We will see on June 26.
You a Sixer fan? If yes, get your info from Liberty Ballers.com..Check out Michael Levin's columns.

veilside23
05-21-2014, 12:01 PM
exum and mcw would be scary to be honest.
if both of them would pan out
if not then its a no brainer to pick parker not unless they are high on randle
I think at 10 pick just a toss up between Gordon, Stauskas, or harris,

Dr.J4ever
05-21-2014, 12:06 PM
exum and mcw would be scary to be honest.
if both of them would pan out
if not then its a no brainer to pick parker not unless they are high on randle
I think at 10 pick just a toss up between Gordon, Stauskas, or harris,
Exum is scary. No one knows too much about him, except maybe Brett Brown. What about Saric at 10?

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 12:43 PM
I'd go for Parker and Harris.

You then start:
CT: Noel
PF: Young
SF: Parker
SG: Harris
PG: Carter-Williams

Harris and Carter-Williams compliment each other so well. They better hope like hell that the Hornets pick Stauskas.

Im so nba'd out
05-21-2014, 01:05 PM
dont want a 6'4 sg who is not a freak athlete as long as we avoid the dude from mich st ill be happy

AI09
05-21-2014, 05:56 PM
I think the Sixers are in a really good spot right now this draft is very top heavy and highlighted by wiggens embid and parker. They just have to sit back and see who falls into thier lap. If wiggens and parker are off the board I think they might look into dante exum as well as embid. With the 10th pick I'm hoping for vonleh if he drops but wouldn't mind Harris or saric. Jusuf nurkvic from the adriatic league looks like he can be good in a couple years. If Philly does this right they can draft 2 potential all stars if they do this wrong they will be right back were they were for the past decade a mediocre team playing infront of a empty arena. I don't expect them to be good for another year or two but in east any team can make the playoffs next year.

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 06:28 PM
dont want a 6'4 sg who is not a freak athlete as long as we avoid the dude from mich st ill be happy

Stupid.

Milbuck
05-21-2014, 06:41 PM
If Gordon slides a bit to 10 and they get Wiggins, that'd be a nasty defensive core. MCW-Wiggins-Gordon-Noel would be unbelievable defensively.

Droid101
05-21-2014, 06:43 PM
If you're them at the 3rd and 10th pick, who do you take to fit in with the team?
2, 3, and 10? Shit, the Cavs had 1, 4, 4, 1, 1 and they're still trash.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Gary Harris can ball. I would take him late lottery to 20 in a heartbeat.

Not sure how you pass up Wiggins or Parker, but the idea of MCW/Exum sure looks good. Would have to be one of the more versatile (offensive and defensively, no?) and most difficult to guard backcourts in the NBA if Exum pans out. Guards seem to be more valuable to success by the season lately.

Hypothetically, take Exum and then draft Gordon and that's a great foundation. Of course Exum is a wild card and Gordon is a boom or bust prospect. But, eh, why the **** not? You normally don't win championships with composite of merely good and rotational players.

Styles p
05-21-2014, 07:05 PM
so if the sixers get exum who's going to shoot in the backcourt?

Wavves
05-21-2014, 07:35 PM
The Sixer's have a massive chance to come out as the big winners in this draft. I would imagine the player who gets drafted 3rd out of the big 3 in this draft will have a massive chip on his shoulder and the 3rd pick has a pretty good history behind it :oldlol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Exum is given a good look at the 3rd pick as well. Brett Brown has Australian connections and he would know Exum very well.

The 10th pick is a bit of a wildcard, they could go a lot of ways with it. If I were them, I'd be going after James Young, who I am really high on.

GOBB
05-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Wiggins or Parker with 3rd pick. If for some reason Clev and milw pass on Embiid sixers got to take him. No debate.

At 10 I have no idea, seems like there are quite a few prospects that aren't far from one another. What I do know is I want Payne from MSU on the sixers. Someway somehow.

The second rd picks and how sixers use them be it trade up into first rd, stash talent overseas and/or draft guys. I think that is where Hinkie and company need to earn their paychecks

JimmyMcAdocious
05-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Who do you prefer between Wiggins and Parker?

Cocaine80s
05-21-2014, 08:03 PM
If Lavine is at #10 that would be a ****ing steal

BrainDead
05-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Don't they have like 17 second round picks? :confusedshrug:

This team is gonna be stacked before its all said and done.

GOBB
05-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Who do you prefer between Wiggins and Parker?

Wiggins just based on the defensive potential of the two. I think he could be a perimeter defender Brett brown can enjoy. Parker has his work cut out for him as a defender. You can always counter that having Noel behind him could help. But wiggins is who I prefer, but if Parker is the consolation prize? I'm far from mad/upset.