PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Kevin Love to Cleveland

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 12:12 PM
I hear rumors all the time from connected people, but this one is picking up considerable heat.

If the Cavs are unhappy with Embiid's medical, they will look to trade the pick with Tristan Thompson for Kevin Love and Corey Brewer.

I see why the Cavs would want to do that, it means they think they have a shot at resigning Deng as well.

For the Wolves it means they are really considering trading Love and building around Rubio. There are some athletes (Wiggins) that would benefit greatly from playing with Ricky.

D-Rose
05-21-2014, 12:16 PM
It's not a rumor, more of people just discussing it. I don't see Love signing an extension there as of now. Who know though.

pastis
05-21-2014, 12:19 PM
It's not a rumor, more of people just discussing it. I don't see Love signing an extension there as of now. Who know though.

nice avatar:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

topic: hell no!

Kiddlovesnets
05-21-2014, 12:22 PM
So they get Kevin Love for one year rent and then he takes his talent to the south beach?
:biggums:

Clyde
05-21-2014, 12:23 PM
I hear rumors all the time from connected people, but this one is picking up considerable heat.

If the Cavs are unhappy with Embiid's medical, they will look to trade the pick with Tristan Thompson for Kevin Love and Corey Brewer.

I see why the Cavs would want to do that, it means they think they have a shot at resigning Deng as well.

For the Wolves it means they are really considering trading Love and building around Rubio. There are some athletes (Wiggins) that would benefit greatly from playing with Ricky.

seriously, you haven't heard shit.

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 12:27 PM
seriously, you haven't heard shit.

It doesn't bother me if you believe me or not, it's your loss.

Just so you know I have broken a few trades and draft signings here, on Real GM and a couple of team websites.

Anyway, this is a rumor from a reliable source of mine. Take it for what it's worth.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 12:29 PM
So they get Kevin Love for one year rent and then he takes his talent to the south beach?

yeah doesn't really make sense to me.

No need for the cavs to risk getting Boozered again.

Trollsmasher
05-21-2014, 12:31 PM
rumor: K-Love to everywhere

sauce: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/68391/gift-of-love-29-trades-for-29-teams

riseagainst
05-21-2014, 12:35 PM
inb4 Lebron goes back to Cleveland.

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 12:41 PM
yeah doesn't really make sense to me.

No need for the cavs to risk getting Boozered again.

Love would have to pick up his 2015/16 option for this to even have a chance of happening

Real Men Wear Green
05-21-2014, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't trade the #1 pick for Love. Not when you have to have enough talent there to convince him to stay after the deal. If Embiid can stay healthy I'd wager he has a career as good as Love is having or better, Love beats him in scoring and probably rebounding but great defensive centers are more likely to anchor champions than scoring pfs that let their man score as well.

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't trade the #1 pick for Love. Not when you have to have enough talent there to convince him to stay after the deal. If Embiid can stay healthy I'd wager he has a career as good as Love is having or better, Love beats him in scoring and probably rebounding but great defensive centers are more likely to anchor champions than scoring pfs that let their man score as well.

They're still trying to win now. They think by bringing Love in that they can retain Deng in free agency. The coaching change should help as well.

Cavs probably looking for a well-rounded line-up like this:
CT: Varejao
PF: Love
SF: Deng/ Brewer
SG: Waiters
PG: Irving

I think they'd have to include their other first round pick in the deal as well. A lot of these Eastern teams that were in the lottery are serious about playing playoff basketball this coming season. They see a lot of room to move up in the east.

TylerOO
05-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Kyrie-Bron-Love? Not too shabby

robert de niro
05-21-2014, 12:47 PM
as a wolves fan I do it but I really don't understand why the cavs would do that

Shade8780
05-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Sullinger, Bass, Johnson and #6 pick to Minny for Love.

rhowen4
05-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Is he good? Can MIA get him?

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 12:53 PM
They're still trying to win now. They think by bringing Love in that they can retain Deng in free agency. The coaching change should help as well.

I think they'd have to include their other first round pick in the deal as well. A lot of these Eastern teams that were in the lottery are serious about playing playoff basketball this coming season. They see a lot of room to move up in the east.

retaining deng in nowhere near a priority for this team. Cavs should not give Loul a payday.

D-FENS
Is he good? Can MIA get him?

Maybe for Bosh, Cole and a pick

Mass Debator
I rather the Cavs get Bosh through free agency and pick up Embiid. Probably move Varejao.

Kyrie
Waiters
Deng (for cheaper if not no sign)
Bosh
Embiid

D-FENS
retaining deng in nowhere near a priority for this team. Cavs should not give Loul a payday.

Deng's problems had more to do with Brown than anyone else.

Real Men Wear Green
05-21-2014, 12:56 PM

If they think this way then that's their business but you can't be in "win now" mode after a 33-win season. It's not realistic. Love isn't the kind of superstar that transforms a bad team into a Conference finalist. Plus Embiid will have a positive impact on winning immediately anyway, he'll probably come into the league as one of the EC's top 3 centers.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Deng's problems had more to do with Brown than anyone else.

no not at all. Deng was fine last season on the cavs, his numbers went down because his usage did... Cavs don't need a guy who can't consistently hit outside jumpers at the 3 spot.

Deng has a ton of miles on him and the cavs don't need to give him 10 million dollars a year.

16X
05-21-2014, 12:59 PM
lmao maybe Waiters or Tristan for Love. Throw in a future draft pick. Not this years. Not even if Love commits to staying.

robert de niro
05-21-2014, 01:04 PM
at the end of the day, this is the wolves we are talking about, we will find a way to **** it up and accept some stupid ass trade :lol

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 01:07 PM
at the end of the day, this is the wolves we are talking about, we will find a way to **** it up and accept some stupid ass trade :lol

I don't think so. They're getting assets for Love, especially if he goes east. These young east teams all think they're close to the playoffs.

Truth be told, Boston is actually sitting prettiest in the league. In 2-3 years the young talent will develop further, and they may net a superstar player gain (like KG or Allen) and the team has the Nets picks, which will be then be quite valuable because the team is on the downward spiral.

JohnnySic
05-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Stupid trade for Cleveland. You take a chance with someone like Embiid.

If Embiid and Bennett both develop to go along with Irving and Thompson you are looking at a potential dynasty.

Rose'sACL
05-21-2014, 01:12 PM
just imagine if he is traded to miami for bosh and a few picks. this place would explode although miami's PnR defense will suffer a lot. Minnesota will not get as much offensively from bosh as they do with love but they will improve a lot defensively on PnR.

NattyPButter
05-21-2014, 01:14 PM
No thx let Love go to LA. Dude seemed to be hurt a lot this seeason and that Cavs already have to many injury prone players as it is.

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Stupid trade for Cleveland. You take a chance with someone like Embiid.

If Embiid and Bennett both develop to go along with Irving and Thompson you are looking at a potential dynasty.

The thinking is:
-Take a chance with young core, if it fails, Irving leaves
-Trade young players for all-stars, keep Irving happy in Cleveland

What the Cavs have failed to recognise is that Irving is a Steve Francis/ Stephon Marbury type. Not someone to build around

TheMan
05-21-2014, 01:20 PM
as a wolves fan I do it but I really don't understand why the cavs would do that
My condolences

ProfessorMurder
05-21-2014, 01:23 PM
The thinking is:
-Take a chance with young core, if it fails, Irving leaves
-Trade young players for all-stars, keep Irving happy in Cleveland

What the Cavs have failed to recognise is that Irving is a Steve Francis/ Stephon Marbury type. Not someone to build around

Exactly. Cavs need to get their shit together. F*ck keeping Irving happy, he's not going to win you anything.

BlackVVaves
05-21-2014, 01:32 PM

Please refrain from making further trade proposals :biggums:

Meticode
05-21-2014, 01:53 PM
I greatly hope this isn't true or happens. I'm not a fan of Kevin Love's game and not a fan of possibly having him only 1 year. He needs to end up somewhere like on the Lakers, Suns, etc. Somewhere where there's a good chance he'll resign with that same team. Cleveland isn't one of them if he's all about winning right now.

bagelred
05-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Alot of "Love" for a guy who's never ever...ever...been to the playoffs. Wow.

TylerOO
05-21-2014, 02:05 PM
I rather the Cavs get Bosh through free agency and pick up Embiid. Probably move Varejao.

Kyrie
Waiters
Deng (for cheaper if not no sign)
Bosh
Embiid

Why would a free agent choose to sign to Cleveland?

el gringos
05-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Oh you meant Avery Bradley, olynyk and a 1st?

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Exactly. Cavs need to get their shit together. F*ck keeping Irving happy, he's not going to win you anything.

It's not about "keeping Irving happy." But, he is a max-level talent and should be offered that contract.

First of all, this Love stuff is nonsense. The Cavs would need a commitment from him that he'd extend his contract here and that's not going to happen. Secondly, the T-Wolves aren't getting anything close to the No. 1 overall pick in this draft for Love, who has made it pretty clear that he's leaving one way or the other. They have no leverage to pull off a deal like that, where they're actually probably getting the better of it.

As we've seen with recent big-name players who make it clear they want out, teams usually get pennies on the dollar. This is likely to work out the same way.

The Cavs need to keep this pick and take the guy at the top of their board, which I'm assuming is Embiid given his medical checks out.

This team is already more than just Irving. There were large chunks of the season where Dion Waiters was as good or better than Irving and it's not because Kyrie was playing poorly... Both these guys are very young and very talented.

I still believe Bennett could turn into a really nice player. He showed some thing in the second half of the season and his athleticism/shooting for a 4 could be huge for this team as he continues to grow.

Tristan Thompson was disappointing last year. I have a feeling he will not be with the team next season. The Cavs have to decide what he's worth with contract negotiations. I'm assuming Kyrie will sign an extension this summer and a decision about Waiters will have to be made in the next couple years.

That's the one thing with all these high picks... you aren't going to be able to keep them all past their rookie contracts. It's key to figure out who's a longterm piece and who is expendable. After his disappointing third season, Tristan is now expendable.

IMO, the core will now become whoever they take this year (Embiid is most likely), Irving, Waiters and Bennett. Also keep in mind that the Cavs have a ton of cap space. I think Hawes would be a good piece for the future. Deng will not be re-signed.

That means, if we do go forward with an Embiid, Irving, Waiters, Bennett core, the team needs to sign a knock down shooter at the 3 to balance out the roster. I haven't even really looked at who is available or who we might be able to get in a trade that could include Tristan Thompson and maybe some other future assets/cap space.

I'd love to get a guy in the mold of a Kyle Korver to put next to Irving/Waiters on the perimeter. The beauty with having this pick in this draft is that the Cavs don't have to worry about appeasing Kyrie. I have no doubt he'll sign the max extension, especially now, but if he wants out, he can go and the Cavs still have plenty of young talent to build around.

b1imtf
05-21-2014, 03:46 PM

D-FENS
05-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Tristan Thompson was disappointing last year. I have a feeling he will not be with the team next season.

Yeah, any player that decides to change shooting hands at this stage of their career is a flake. Thompson is a garbage man at best, same with Waiters. If the Cavs FO weren't such reachers, the team would be stacked by now, especially with the top pick this year

CT: Drummond (2012, p4)
PF: Noel (2013, p1)
SF: Wiggins (2014, p1)
SG: Thompson (2011, p5)
PG: Irving (2011, p1)

Worst drafting team in the NBA

fatboy11
05-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Another silly trade "rumor" sending Love to a non-playoff team.

He's not going to agree to that. He basically gets to pick his shot here.

Milbuck
05-21-2014, 04:17 PM

Why the **** would anyone want to do that? I suppose if they got a top 5 pick for Love, maybe, but if not...building around Rubio is just a nightmarish position for a franchise to be in.

NumberSix
05-21-2014, 05:28 PM

If by "connected people" you mean you heard Brian Windhorst on the radio.

FireDavidKahn
05-21-2014, 05:29 PM
I'd love it but Love isn't gonna sign longterm in Cleveland so it's moot.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Yeah, any player that decides to change shooting hands at this stage of their career is a flake. Thompson is a garbage man at best, same with Waiters. If the Cavs FO weren't such reachers, the team would be stacked by now, especially with the top pick this year

CT: Drummond (2012, p4)
PF: Noel (2013, p1)
SF: Wiggins (2014, p1)
SG: Thompson (2011, p5)
PG: Irving (2011, p1)

Worst drafting team in the NBA
Revisionist history is fun. There were only a couple people on this website touting Drummond as high as the 4th pick. I know because I was one of them. And, no one in the media was promoting it. Most people on here and in general thought Thomas Robinson was the BPA at the spot. People conveniently forget that.

Waiters has been one of the best players in that class. Either people haven't watched much of him or they don't know talent when they see it. He's good and he should remain a part of the team for the long haul.

I wanted Noel, but he has proven nothing.

None of the Cavs picks in the last few years have been horrible. Tristan Thompson has averaged a double-double the last couple years. Like I said, I think Bennett is the more likely candidate for the future of this team, but TT has been better than most of the other players taken in the Top 10 of that draft.

Cavs hit a homerun with Irving, a double with Waiters, a single with Tristan, and Bennett is still at the plate as far as I'm concerned. He wasn't given anything close to a chance this past year and still has a lot of upside.

Drafting a guy like Jan Vesely? That's what a strikeout looks like. Thomas Robinson is a strikeout.

KingLeBronJames
05-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Kevin Love is gonna reject the trade to Cleveland.

secund2nun
05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
I'd take my chances with Embiid over Love. If anything they should trade the ticking time bomb known as Uncle Drew for Love.

Embiid and Love would be quite the front court.

Cocaine80s
05-21-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't know how good Cleveland would be with Love, but this would be one of the most exciting teams to watch next year.

Kyrie
Waiters
Gee/Bennet
Love/Thompson
Embiid/Verajao

D-Rose
05-21-2014, 05:49 PM
Revisionist history is fun. There were only a couple people on this website touting Drummond as high as the 4th pick. I know because I was one of them. And, no one in the media was promoting it. Most people on here and in general thought Thomas Robinson was the BPA at the spot. People conveniently forget that.

Waiters has been one of the best players in that class. Either people haven't watched much of him or they don't know talent when they see it. He's good and he should remain a part of the team for the long haul.

I wanted Noel, but he has proven nothing.

None of the Cavs picks in the last few years have been horrible. Tristan Thompson has averaged a double-double the last couple years. Like I said, I think Bennett is the more likely candidate for the future of this team, but TT has been better than most of the other players taken in the Top 10 of that draft.

Cavs hit a homerun with Irving, a double with Waiters, a single with Tristan, and Bennett is still at the plate as far as I'm concerned. He wasn't given anything close to a chance this past year and still has a lot of upside.

Drafting a guy like Jan Vesely? That's what a strikeout looks like. Thomas Robinson is a strikeout.

I can't believe that people don't understand this about drafts. Nobody knows anything beforehand about someone picked lower becoming a star.

Last year's draft was crap in terms of talent for everyone. There's barely anyone in that draft that has shown much of anything. Just look at some other top picks in Zeller, McLemore, Len, Porter that have done next to nothing as well.

Bennett has shown glimpses. He's not even had a fresh start yet ffs. I DO NOT believe he is a bust, yet at least.

Milbuck
05-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Honestly, aside from that poor decision in the 2013 draft...the Cavs haven't drafted THAT poorly since Lebron left.

Kyrie was the best decision. There are players like Kawhi, Vucevic, etc. who may one day surpass him if they reach their potential, but there is no reason to criticize the Cavs for taking Irving at the time.

Tristan Thompson wasn't the ideal situation considering what Kawhi, Klay, Vucevic, and even Valanciunas to an extent have become. But the issue is, all of the 4 players mentioned weren't exactly hot commodities at the time, and acting like they were is clear revisionist history. You could also make a legitimate argument that Kawhi wouldn't have been anywhere near the player he is today if he wasn't under the guidance of Popovich, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, etc in that wonderful development system. And neither Vucevic nor Valanciunas are stars at this point either, they're both simply very good young players with bright futures.

Waiters seems like a surprise pick, but he has shown a hell of a lot more than people are willing to give him credit for. I love Bradley Beal and he gets so much love as one of the next terrific 2 guards...but Waiters is right there with him even though he rarely gets any shine.

Bennett was not a good decision, no questions there.

The people who are jumping around saying "Cleveland could've had Kyrie-Klay-Wiggins-Noel-Drummond" aren't looking at it the right way. Cleveland has really only misfired completely on 1 out of 4 picks. 2 of the 4 are good picks, and the 3rd one is solid. Not everyone can be OKC and hit big on essentially every pick.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Honestly, aside from that poor decision in the 2013 draft...the Cavs haven't drafted THAT poorly since Lebron left.

Kyrie was the best decision. There are players like Kawhi, Vucevic, etc. who may one day surpass him if they reach their potential, but there is no reason to criticize the Cavs for taking Irving at the time.

Tristan Thompson wasn't the ideal situation considering what Kawhi, Klay, Vucevic, and even Valanciunas to an extent have become. But the issue is, all of the 4 players mentioned weren't exactly hot commodities at the time, and acting like they were is clear revisionist history. You could also make a legitimate argument that Kawhi wouldn't have been anywhere near the player he is today if he wasn't under the guidance of Popovich, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, etc in that wonderful development system. And neither Vucevic nor Valanciunas are stars at this point either, they're both simply very good young players with bright futures.

Waiters seems like a surprise pick, but he has shown a hell of a lot more than people are willing to give him credit for. I love Bradley Beal and he gets so much love as one of the next terrific 2 guards...but Waiters is right there with him even though he rarely gets any shine.

Bennett was not a good decision, no questions there.

The people who are jumping around saying "Cleveland could've had Kyrie-Klay-Wiggins-Noel-Drummond" aren't looking at it the right way. Cleveland has really only misfired completely on 1 out of 4 picks. 2 of the 4 are good picks, and the 3rd one is solid. Not everyone can be OKC and hit big on essentially every pick.

Excellent post.

The only thing I'd take issue with is completely giving up on AB after one season. The pick shocked me and I wanted Noel, but I watched every minute of his rookie season and even I don't feel qualified to project the longterm success of the pick. He was given basically no chance by Brown to show what he may be capable of and, even then, there were flashes in the second half of the season... and it was an awful draft all the way around.

Outside of that, you're spot-on. I especially agree with the Waiters part. I feel like it would almost take him becoming an All Star before anyone gives him any credit outside of Cleveland. Like you said, everyone loves Beal and dismisses Dion, yet these two guys have essentially been mirrors of one another in terms of production.

Dion took some huge steps this past season... improved his jumper dramatically, improved his defense, showed playmaking ability, late game clutchness at times. And, everyone still puts him in the "miss" category. It's baffling.

Rose'sACL
05-21-2014, 06:36 PM
they should trade kyrie for love but the problem is that wolves already have rubio and love might not re-sign after next season.

DukeDelonte13
05-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Excellent post.

The only thing I'd take issue with is completely giving up on AB after one season. The pick shocked me and I wanted Noel, but I watched every minute of his rookie season and even I don't feel qualified to project the longterm success of the pick. He was given basically no chance by Brown to show what he may be capable of and, even then, there were flashes in the second half of the season... and it was an awful draft all the way around.

Outside of that, you're spot-on. I especially agree with the Waiters part. I feel like it would almost take him becoming an All Star before anyone gives him any credit outside of Cleveland. Like you said, everyone loves Beal and dismisses Dion, yet these two guys have essentially been mirrors of one another in terms of production.

Dion took some huge steps this past season... improved his jumper dramatically, improved his defense, showed playmaking ability, late game clutchness at times. And, everyone still puts him in the "miss" category. It's baffling.

i agree on not giving up on AB after one season, but you shouldn't be giving up on TT so early on.

Kid is so criminally underrated, even by cleveland fans. He had a couple of bad games but he usually was one of the more consistent guys who positively impacted games.

Compare his career to Andy's. Give TT some time and he can really flourish. Griffin expressed that he wants TT to stop worrying about a jumper and just focus on rebounding and defense.

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2014, 06:57 PM
i agree on not giving up on AB after one season, but you shouldn't be giving up on TT so early on.

Kid is so criminally underrated, even by cleveland fans. He had a couple of bad games but he usually was one of the more consistent guys who positively impacted games.

Compare his career to Andy's. Give TT some time and he can really flourish. Griffin expressed that he wants TT to stop worrying about a jumper and just focus on rebounding and defense.
I haven't given up on TT. I'd be fine with him being a part of the longterm plan, but at some point the financial aspect of having five Top 4 picks including three No. 1s is going to come to a head. We're likely not going to be able to keep all these guys longterm. Tough decisions are going to have to be made.

And, I have no clue how much to pay Tristan. I'm assuming Kyrie will be signing the max extension in July. That's what everyone is talking about, but few have considered what to do with TT. Do we pick up his option and just put the situation off? Offer him an extension and, if so, for how much?

I like TT a lot as a person and he brings some good things to the team, but I believe Bennett has more upside and will likely be the choice of the franchise at the 4 for the long haul... total speculation by me.

Next year, we have to start thinking about paying Dion. Then there's going to be AB... followed by whoever we take this year.

This team could go from a great cap sheet to completely clogged in a short period unless hard decisions are made right now, when we still have control over who stays and who goes. I look at our core... say we take Embiid.

Irving, Waiters, Bennett, Thompson, Embiid.

Which of these guys are part of our longterm core and which are expendable? Sorry to say, TT could be the odd man out.