PDA

View Full Version : dirk nowitzki symphony

pastis
05-21-2014, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SJJ_OKucpo

last time i watched it was 2 years ago or so.... such a nice fvcking video:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause: :applause: even for dirk haters (poinguard, navy, markmadsen - biggest trlls ons ish by the way)

Im Still Ballin
05-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Epic, simply fvcking epic.

Lebron-esque.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

pastis
05-21-2014, 12:26 PM
"if im serge ibaka im calling my first son DIRK"

" Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locking room in the world, you say it in brazil, you say DIRK: they know nowitzki, you say it in china: they know nowitzki. KOBE, MICHAEL, DIRK" (the magic 3)

:applause: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 12:29 PM
:applause:

If only Dirk still had his 11 legs...

pastis
05-21-2014, 12:36 PM

If only Dirk still had his 11 legs...

yes his tired legs...but you know what: if you look back to his amazing 16 years it is even a wonder that he plays still that good. his style is so tough and exhausting to play, he has not and never had the luxury to rest (like duncan), he had to carry this team for 16 years by his own (unlike duncan).
:applause: :applause:

to see in Holger Geschwinders face after the win....meaning more than 1000 words...all the work just got to an end:applause: :applause:

Artillery
05-21-2014, 12:42 PM
he has not and never had the luxury to rest (like duncan), he had to carry this team for 16 years by his own (unlike duncan).
:applause: :applause:

to see in Holger Geschwinders face after the win....meaning more than 1000 words...all the work just got to an end:applause: :applause:

Someone's still mad that Duncan outplayed Dirk in the playoffs this year.

And lol at the rest excuse. Dirk's been resting on defense his entire career. He might have more titles if he played both ends of the court like TD.

pastis
05-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Someone's still mad that Duncan outplayed Dirk in the playoffs this year.

And lol at the rest excuse. Dirk's been resting on defense his entire career. He might have more titles if he played both ends of the court like TD.

:wtf: :wtf: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :wtf: :wtf: -5/10, go back to your cage little junior-high troll

T_L_P
05-21-2014, 12:45 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :wtf: :wtf: -5/10, go back to your cage little junior-high troll

Great response. Well done troll :applause:

Anyway, 2011 Dirk was damn beast. He cemented himself as a top 15 player that year.

pastis
05-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Great response. Well done troll :applause:

Anyway, 2011 Dirk was damn beast. He cemented himself as a top 15 player that year.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause:

creepingdeath
05-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Pastis, did Duncan steal your wife or something? :lol

Anyhow, I laugh at the notion that Duncan outplayed Dirk. He averaged 17.3/8.4 versus Dirk's 19.1/8 while being the third option on offense and not doing anything significantly on defense. :confusedshrug:

Artillery
05-21-2014, 12:53 PM

You know you've had a bad playoffs when Monta Ellis was more efficient than you.

pastis
05-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Anyhow, I laugh at the notion that Duncan outplayed Dirk. He averaged 17.3/8.4 versus Dirk's 19.1/8 while being the third option on offense and not doing anything significantly on defense. :confusedshrug:

You know you've had a bad playoffs when Monta Ellis was more efficient than you.

1. monta wasnt better than dirk - lol, just lol
2. but admetting he was better, so by your standarts than means, that Parker and manu and leonard etc pp are better than DUncan since 10 years? nice!

T_L_P
05-21-2014, 12:56 PM

Duncan outplayed Dirk. You can talk about who the third option was and whatnot, but Duncan put up 17/8/1/2 on .608 TS% whilst Dirk put up 19/8/2/1/1 on .480 TS%. Whilst Duncan's defense wasn't as important as Splitter's, it was still more important than Dirk's was.

Cone
05-21-2014, 12:57 PM

would've been funny if it was the Ellis of the bucks not the star Ellis in Dallas.

still. dirk > duncan

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 01:00 PM

I'm worried that Pastis might do something to Duncan...is Pastis Duncan's ex-wife?

Oh...and absolutely to the bold. Just hard to compare Duncan to Dirk now...Dirk is the first option and the entire offense revolves around him. Duncan is an afterthought and 3rd option...

Also, Dirk's series was better than people are giving it credit for. He had a shit game 1 (we lost)...and was pretty damn good the rest of the way given the circumstances (Splitter man handling him to no calls through much of the series)

Like I always say...you know when you and aren't a star. LMA actually played worse than Dirk...team loses in 5...nobody says much. Yet you'll see people on here rail on Dirk.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Duncan outplayed Dirk. You can talk about who the third option was and whatnot, but Duncan put up 17/8/1/2 on .608 TS% whilst Dirk put up 19/8/2/1/1 on .480 TS%. Whilst Duncan's defense wasn't as important as Splitter's, it was still more important than Dirk's was.

Nah...

I'm not saying Dirk was for sure better or something....just that it's too hard to compare.

Duncan's role on the Spurs is just totally different at this point.

Artillery
05-21-2014, 01:02 PM

17.3/8.4/2 on .608 TS%
ORtg - 129
DRtg - 110

compared to

19.1/8 on .480 TS%
ORtg - 96
DRtg - 111

Dirk has usually played pretty good against the Spurs too. Very unlike him to be this inefficient. Completely stagnated the Mavs offense and was a liability on D with the way the Spurs guards attacked him.

Artillery
05-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Like I always say...you know when you and aren't a star. LMA actually played worse than Dirk...team loses in 5...nobody says much. Yet you'll see people on here rail on Dirk.

I've never considered LMA a superstar though. To compare him to Dirk is pretty insane. At best, LMA should be the 2nd option on a contending team. Dirk's old now which probably explains his numbers against the Spurs but in his prime he was a beast. LMA was never an efficient player at any point of his career.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 01:06 PM
17.3/8.4/2 on .608 TS%
ORtg - 129
DRtg - 110

compared to

19.1/8 on .480 TS%
ORtg - 96
DRtg - 111

Dirk has usually played pretty good against the Spurs too. Very unlike him to be this inefficient. Completely stagnated the Mavs offense and was a liability on D with the way the Spurs guards attacked him.

Stagnated the Mavs offense? What?

Just no. Our guards inability to take advantage of the pick and roll defense is what killed us in that series.

As for Duncan/Dirk...just too hard to compare. Totally different situations at this point.

But just no to the above about Dirk hurting the offense. If we had consistent guard shooting (Calderon can but isn't comfortable) there is no way you could guard the Mavs like the Spurs did. Even without that ability we played them very close.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 01:07 PM
I've never considered LMA a superstar though. To compare him to Dirk is pretty insane. At best, LMA should be the 2nd option on a contending team. Dirk's old now which probably explains his numbers against the Spurs but in his prime he was a beast. LMA was never an efficient player at any point of his career.

I'm talking about right now.

SCdac
05-21-2014, 01:08 PM
another thread derailed by pastis or robert shaw's Duncan hating , big surprise :oldlol:

anyways big up Dirk Diggler

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--iD_GN45X--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18j4yob3vlubvjpg.jpg

pastis
05-21-2014, 01:12 PM
another thread derailed by pastis or robert shaw's Duncan hating , big surprise :oldlol:

anyways big up Dirk Diggler

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--iD_GN45X--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18j4yob3vlubvjpg.jpg

no. i didnt write anything. its artillary starting saying crap like usual.

T_L_P
05-21-2014, 01:13 PM
no. i didnt write anything. its artillary starting saying crap like usual.

You were the first one to mention Duncan you complete fool. :facepalm

creepingdeath
05-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Of course Duncan was more important on the D than Nowitzki, I agree with you about that.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the focus of the Spurs' defense revolved around Dirk. Not only was he covered extremely physical by Splitter, but a lot of times he also had to work against double teams in the low post. Obviously, I don't agree at all with pastis who claims that Duncan's points only came from wide-open layups following Parker's relentless attacks on the basket - but he does have a point. Duncan hasn't seen a double team in years. Also, the Mavs D on the rotation was f*cking awful, so there is a certain truth to the claim that Duncan did get a couple of open looks off Parker penetrations. To reply to that with "why doesn't Dirk do it then" is BS, and you know it. The Spurs D is much better than the Mavs, and he rarely ever left alone, and while Ellis had some great quarters where he attacked pretty well, he often settled for contested jumpers. Plus, unlike past seasons, Dallas doesn't (for reasons unkown to any Dallas basketball fan) regularly run the pick and pop with Dirk (and Calderon or Harris), so he cannot get easy jumpers off of bad rotations by the Spurs too often.

Come on, you cannot refute that... The Spurs had Parker and Ginobili averaging 20 and 18, respectively. Naturally, Duncan will shoot much more efficiently as a third option on the offense than Dirk. I don't see what's so criminal about that claim. Granted, Dirk's shot was pretty off in the series, but that's mainly because of game 1 (ugh..) and because he was chucking it up badly in the second half of game 7, since no one else seemed to do anything on the Mavs offense that night..

Anyway, I sure hope the Spurs win it all this year.

Artillery
05-21-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm talking about right now.

Even right now I'd rather have Dirk over LMA. This was supposed to be LMA's best season to date and he only shot .507 TS overall in the reg season. Not good.

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Even right now I'd rather have Dirk over LMA.

Same.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Nah...

I'm not saying Dirk was for sure better or something....just that it's too hard to compare.

Duncan's role on the Spurs is just totally different at this point.
dirk sucked Monkey ass vs the Spurs this year.
absolutely DISGUSTING performance
doesnt take away from his legen but dont deny it

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 04:29 PM
dirk sucked Monkey ass vs the Spurs this year.
absolutely DISGUSTING performance
doesnt take away from his legen but dont deny it

All about expectations or standards.

If we are still grading Dirk on a MVP/Superstar level...then he had a really bad series.

If we are grading him on a normal standard for a player his age having to be the focal point of an offense and working his ass off on defense playing arguably the best team in the league....meh...outside of game 1 I thought he played really well.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-21-2014, 04:40 PM
All about expectations or standards.

If we are still grading Dirk on a MVP/Superstar level...then he had a really bad series.

If we are grading him on a normal standard for a player his age having to be the focal point of an offense and working his ass off on defense playing arguably the best team in the league....meh...outside of game 1 I thought he played really well.
nah he really didnt play well
his jumper was super whack all series and he put effort on D but sucked there too.
i know hes not superstar level anymore but at times hes still top 10 in this league.
watch him have a way better playoffs next year if they make it:applause: :applause:

Milbuck
05-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Favorite player in the league :applause:

DMAVS41
05-21-2014, 05:09 PM
nah he really didnt play well
his jumper was super whack all series and he put effort on D but sucked there too.
i know hes not superstar level anymore but at times hes still top 10 in this league.
watch him have a way better playoffs next year if they make it:applause: :applause:

If he has a way better playoffs...it will be for sure about having more help and playing a better matchup.

Again, LMA was actually way worse than Dirk.

Don't think you are giving the Spurs enough credit here.

pastis
05-21-2014, 05:12 PM
look, under my nick stands :"hit open 5 footers". thats 3 foot farther away than duncans shots.:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: