PDA

View Full Version : Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving

Inferno
05-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Lillard's got the athleticism and 3 point shooting, Kyrie's got the craftiness and ball-handling. Lillard's proven in the playoffs, but Kyrie's 2 years younger.

Who you got?

Black and White
05-21-2014, 10:44 PM
I'll take Lillard, dude has ice in his veins and has a better head on his shoulders.

BlazerRed
05-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Lillard all day everyday :bowdown:

Random_Guy
05-21-2014, 10:45 PM
its funny, a year ago i would have had kyrie>>>
but now, damn i dont think its even close tbh.

navy
05-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Lillard it isnt close. However I Lillard has a much better team so there's that.

Inferno
05-21-2014, 10:49 PM
Lillard it isnt close. However I Lillard has a much better team so there's that.

Yeah, that's definitely a factor in Lillard's efficiency, no matter how small.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lillada01/shooting/2014/
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/irvinky01/shooting/2014/

Lillard was assisted on 39.8% of his buckets this season to Kyrie's 31.0%, and if you break it down, Lillard was assisted on 24% of his 2's to Kyrie's 26.7%, but on 57.1% of his 3's to 45.5% of Kyrie's. Shows how useful a dominant big man like LMA is, to be able to draw doubles and kick it out for a good look at the 3.

ABfor3
05-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Lillard, he has a little Kobe attitude.

noob cake
05-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Lillard's got the athleticism and 3 point shooting, Kyrie's got the craftiness and ball-handling. Lillard's proven in the playoffs, but Kyrie's 2 years younger.

Who you got?

lol Irving is far more athletic than Lillard. Lillard is not better than Irving at 3 point shooting. Irving won the 3 point challenge remember?

Lillard simply gets more media time since he is Adidas' favorite young player who is playing on a winning team. Irving is on a different stratosphere as a player at every level.

Random_Guy
05-21-2014, 11:16 PM
lol Irving is far more athletic than Lillard. Lillard is not better than Irving at 3 point shooting. Irving won the 3 point challenge remember?

Lillard simply gets more media time since he is Adidas' favorite young player who is playing on a winning team. Irving is on a different stratosphere as a player at every level.
yeah but one showed up in the playoffs when it mattered and came through in the biggest moment whilst the other has never been there, has been called a bad leader by teammates, and has simply been underwhelming this season

navy
05-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Kyrie Irving isnt that athletic. His handles hide it. Lillard > Irving athletically.

nathanjizzle
05-21-2014, 11:34 PM
lillard, he has the derrick rose spirit.

noob cake
05-21-2014, 11:41 PM
yeah but one showed up in the playoffs when it mattered and came through in the biggest moment whilst the other has never been there, has been called a bad leader by teammates, and has simply been underwhelming this season

Living in the ashes of post LeBron Cleveland. Portland vs Cleveland. Irving is being scapegoated for his team's lack of success. He has been de-facto one of the most hated players in the NBA by the virtue that he played at Duke. Fact: Duke is the most hated college basketball team in the US.

Do you even get the concept of team? Most of the Spurs role players would look like utter garbage on Cleveland without Pops/Duncan/Parker.

Inferno
05-21-2014, 11:46 PM

Irving is in no way more athletic than Lillard. Just look at some of Lillard and Irving's plays and you'll see that Lillard can get faster and he also has more hops. And the 3 point contest doesn't mean shit. Curry loses it every year :lol

DoodleDa
05-22-2014, 12:02 AM

:biggums:

Have you seen some of the plays Lillard makes? The fact that you used the three point contest as evidence that he's a better three point shooter just shows how little you know.

Do you know how many people voted Kyrie for a starter just because of those Uncle Drew commercials and they haven't seen him play a game once? Those Uncle Drew commercials gave him so much publicity that idiots were saying that he was the best PG in the league. Even though Lillard has a much better team, it's clear that Irving has taken no steps to help the Cavs improve at all. Do you even watch games? Irving is a ball dominant iso point guard that doesn't do much besides making highlight plays.

Irving is very talented, but Lillard is much better.

RedBlackAttack
05-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Irving is in no way more athletic than Lillard. Just look at some of Lillard and Irving's plays and you'll see that Lillard can get faster and he also has more hops. And the 3 point contest doesn't mean shit. Curry loses it every year :lol
Kyrie is a massively underrated athlete. In fact, he's become underrated period. It's amazing how his public perception has fluctuated so drastically in such a short period of time. It goes back to people constantly living in the moment and not looking at the bigger picture.

He walked into the league as basically an All-Star level player/talent. Right away, his skills were apparent which is very rare for a 19-year-old. It took some time for people to catch on, but when they did, they completely overcompensated.

Suddenly, ESPN had him ranked as the 7th best player in the entire NBA heading into this year as a 21-year-old. That was ridiculous... and so were the expectations.

When he failed to meet them, suddenly I see people questioning if he's a top 10-15 point guard in the NBA, which is even more laughable.

Why can't people temper their emotional responses a bit? He's an incredible basketball talent who is still very young and still learning the game, on and off the court.

Also, athleticism is about more than just who jumps higher or who is faster in a straight line. Kyrie's handles are the result of absurd hand/eye coordination and change-of-direction/quickness. He also has great natural reflexes.

They're both great young PG talents. I'd take Kyrie for being younger and having what I believe is a higher ceiling. Right now, they're close and I don't think there would be a dramatic difference in their respective teams if they traded spots.

hawksdogsbraves
05-22-2014, 12:06 AM
Lillard had a great playoffs and is a great player, but Irving is better.

They're actually pretty similar players, both great shooters and poor defenders, but Kyrie is on a different level with his ability to finish around the rim.

It's a case of Lillard being on a much better team and having had such a high profile postseason that we forget how talented Irving is.

Duggrr
05-22-2014, 12:07 AM
If Lillard could become a 8-9 assist guy and got his defense up to say, 6/10 (it's probably at 2.5 right now) he'd be probably a top 3 or 2 PG.

And I can't fairly judge Kyrie. I didn't watch a single Cavs game this year, not even the Lillard buzzer beater game :lol

Inferno
05-22-2014, 12:07 AM
Kyrie is a massively underrated athlete. In fact, he's become underrated period. It's amazing how his public perception has fluctuated so drastically in such a short period of time. It goes back to people constantly living in the moment and not looking at the bigger picture.

He walked into the league as basically an All-Star level player/talent. Right away, his skills were apparent which is very rare for a 19-year-old. It took some time for people to catch on, but when they did, they completely overcompensated.

Suddenly, ESPN had him ranked as the 7th best player in the entire NBA heading into this year as a 21-year-old. That was ridiculous... and so were the expectations.

When he failed to meet them, suddenly I see people questioning if he's a top 10-15 point guard in the NBA, which is even more laughable.

Why can't people temper their emotional responses a bit? He's an incredible basketball talent who is still very young and still learning the game, on and off the court.

Also, athleticism is about more than just who jumps higher or who is faster in a straight line. Kyrie's handles are the result of absurd hand/eye coordination and change-of-direction/quickness. He also has great natural reflexes.

They're both great young PG talents. I'd take Kyrie for being younger and having what I believe is a higher ceiling. Right now, they're close and I don't think there would be a dramatic difference in their respective teams if they traded spots.

I definitely agree with Kyrie being an underrated athlete, but I was just calling him out on flat out saying that Kyrie's a better athlete than Lillard. Kyrie's game-style probably doesn't highlight his athleticism as much as Lillard's does, but from what I've seen from the both I've got to give the edge to Lillard in that department :cheers:

I agree with everything you said about Kyrie, and I'd have no issues with anyone taking him over Lillard. Swap teams and I'm sure he'd have a higher efficiency (Lillard was assisted on 40% of his buckets compared to Kyrie on 31% of his). Both have bright futures :cheers:

Wally450
05-22-2014, 12:08 AM
It's closer than people think. This is ISH where when someone has a 40 point game, they're the best at their position.

The reason Lillard is getting the nod now is because of his recent playoff success while Kyrie misses games and is in the lottery again.

Last season Kyrie was dropping 30 a night and hitting GWs left and right and he was mentioned as the best PG "and it wasn't close".

Give Kyrie a decent team like Lillard and it would be close. For now though, give me Lillard. I'm a huge Kyrie fan also.

RedBlackAttack
05-22-2014, 12:09 AM

Have you seen some of the plays Lillard makes? The fact that you used the three point contest as evidence that he's a better three point shooter just shows how little you know.

Do you know how many people voted Kyrie for a starter just because of those Uncle Drew commercials and they haven't seen him play a game once? Those Uncle Drew commercials gave him so much publicity that idiots were saying that he was the best PG in the league. Even though Lillard has a much better team, it's clear that Irving has taken no steps to help the Cavs improve at all. Do you even watch games? Irving is a ball dominant iso point guard that doesn't do much besides making highlight plays.

Irving is very talented, but Lillard is much better.
See, this is the stuff I'm talking about. The Cavs have improved steadily in each of Irving's first three seasons. That's no coincidence. They were +12 this year in the wins department when compared to last year, and that was even after the horrible Bynum experiment, which cost the team basically the first half of the season.

Saying Irving is all "highlight plays" is just dumb. There's no other way to say it. Do you watch him on a regular basis? I sort of doubt it.

Meticode
05-22-2014, 12:12 AM
I can't pick either one right now. Irving is slightly younger, plays on a far worse team. The only difference is Lillard's gone to hte playoffs and had some big games. Irving has yet to prove that part of his game yet.

Last season they were pretty similiar as far as numbers go...

Lillard: 20.7PPG, 42% FG%, 39% 3P%, 87% FT%, 5.6APG, 3.1RPG, 0.8SPG

Irving: 20.8PPG, 43% FG%, 36% 3P%, 86% FT%, 6.1APG, 3.9RPG, 1.5SPG

I do feel Irving has a more consistent jumper, I think he took a lot of bad shots this year, also has some of the best handles in the leage. Lillard is more athletic and has great confidence, and it's easier to get past his man.

Akrazotile
05-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Lillard, he has a little Kobe attitude.

kyrie is the one with kobe's attitude, which is why the answer is Lillard and it isn't close.

DoodleDa
05-22-2014, 12:20 AM
See, this is the stuff I'm talking about. The Cavs have improved steadily in each of Irving's first three seasons. That's no coincidence. They were +12 this year in the wins department when compared to last year, and that was even after the horrible Bynum experiment, which cost the team basically the first half of the season.

Saying Irving is all "highlight plays" is just dumb. There's no other way to say it. Do you watch him on a regular basis? I sort of doubt it.

Let me start off by saying I do take it back when I say that Lillard is much better, but I can't see how you can form an argument for Irving being clearly better. It's close.

Sure, after being a lottery team when he was drafted....they are still a lottery team. I'm not saying he should be bringing them to the ECF, but the point is that if he's as good as everyone thinks he is, why are they still such a mediocre team? Unless your definition of helping a team is bringing them from extreme mediocrity to normal mediocrity.

You don't even understand how hyped I was on Kyrie when he first came into the league and even after his rookie season. So when I say something you disagree with you assume I don't watch him consistently? Great logic. I said he doesn't do much outside highlight plays, not that he is all highlight plays. I don't see how you can disagree with this. Where's your evidence that he is a great all around point guard that makes his teammates better? His extreme talent and handles land him in the SC top 10, yet he's still a 20 ppg sub-40% shooter. Like I said, I was hyped as f*ck on Kyrie so I watch him as much as I can. The fact that he's ball dominant is a fact if you watch him play.

Stats do not explain play styles within an offense.

RedBlackAttack
05-22-2014, 01:11 AM
Let me start off by saying I do take it back when I say that Lillard is much better, but I can't see how you can form an argument for Irving being clearly better. It's close.

Sure, after being a lottery team when he was drafted....they are still a lottery team. I'm not saying he should be bringing them to the ECF, but the point is that if he's as good as everyone thinks he is, why are they still such a mediocre team? Unless your definition of helping a team is bringing them from extreme mediocrity to normal mediocrity.

You don't even understand how hyped I was on Kyrie when he first came into the league and even after his rookie season. So when I say something you disagree with you assume I don't watch him consistently? Great logic. I said he doesn't do much outside highlight plays, not that he is all highlight plays. I don't see how you can disagree with this. Where's your evidence that he is a great all around point guard that makes his teammates better? His extreme talent and handles land him in the SC top 10, yet he's still a 20 ppg sub-40% shooter. Like I said, I was hyped as f*ck on Kyrie so I watch him as much as I can. The fact that he's ball dominant is a fact if you watch him play.

Stats do not explain play styles within an offense.

First, I believe I've watched every game he's played in his young career. I may have missed one or two at some point, but if I did, I don't remember them. I've also seen him play live and in-person... several times. The Q is about 15 minutes from my backyard.

The reason I questioned whether or not you watch him is because you questioned how much someone else may be watching him... and then followed it up by saying something that isn't remotely true.

Do you even watch games?

and then...

Irving is a ball dominant iso point guard that doesn't do much besides making highlight plays.

Irving played more off the ball this past season than most point guards ever do. Much of the time when he and Dion or he and Jack were on the court together, it was Kyrie who would work off of screens and try to create open looks that way... because it is harder to double a player off the ball and Kyrie was getting trapped like crazy early in the season all over the floor.

This is reflected in his advanced statistics, where his usage rate this past season was the lowest of his career.

Secondly, Kyrie's scoring efficiency may have been down this past season, but he can still score from anywhere on the floor effectively which makes him a rare kind of player. He's good from distance, midrange and around the basket. A lot of his points come from simple midrange jumpers, not "highlight plays."

Lastly, for all of the hand-ringing Kyrie has had to deal with this year, he did improve in some key areas. Unforced, careless turnovers were a real problem for him in his first two years, which isn't uncommon for young high usage point guards asked to score and create. He cut those WAY down this season.

I thought his playmaking improved this year, as well, especially once the Cavs acquired a legitimate perimeter shooting threat in the last 30 games (Hawes). I think he averaged something like 9 assists per game in his first two weeks playing with Hawes.

Statistically speaking, his assist/TO ratio was massively improved this season.

His defense is still pretty bad, but his effort is a hell of a lot better than it was his first two years and that's where it has to start (and Lillard is no better in this department).

Also, he played over 70 games, which many people did not think was possible after his injury-plagued first two years.

So, coming into this season, the biggest knocks on Kyrie were his durability, playmaking and defense. I thought all three of those areas were improved this year... some considerably so.

The main reason a lot of people have fallen out of love with Kyrie is because his scoring efficiency dropped. Interestingly, that's the one area that separated him from a lot of young point guards in his first two seasons. I'm not too concerned about it, to be honest. Mike Brown's offense wasn't the most creative in the world and Kyrie's shooting stroke was just a little off most of the year. I don't see either of these things being much of an issue going forward.

Also, I guess a lot of people expected the second youngest roster in the NBA to make a leap larger than +12 wins. I did think the team would be better, but I also didn't think Bynum could do as much damage as he did during his short stay.

Kyrie is still one of the best young prospects in the NBA. Most guys are just entering the draft at Kyrie's age. He's putting up 20+/6+ and people are acting as if he's a massive disappointment.

You wanted my take... there it is.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 01:24 AM
Just compare their playoff stats to know who's better

:oldlol:

Simple Jack
05-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Kyrie had an underwhelming season this year IMO. I was expecting both an individual jump and a jump in the success of the team however there were plenty of stretches which had me thinking he took a step back.

That said, he is the better player. Blazers have a lot of weapons so it's hard to accurately predict how Lillard would do if he was asked to shoulder more of a load offensively, as well as being one of, if not the only, main focus of an opposing team's defense.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Kyrie had an underwhelming season this year IMO. I was expecting both an individual jump and a jump in the success of the team however there were plenty of stretches which had me thinking he took a step back.

That said, he is the better player. Blazers have a lot of weapons so it's hard to accurately predict how Lillard would do if he was asked to shoulder more of a load offensively, as well as being one of, if not the only, main focus of an opposing team's defense.

You could use that same argument to explain that Dion Waiters is better than Klay Thompson, because the Warriors have a lot of weapons so it's hard to predict how Klay would do if he had to shoulder more of a load offensively.

and it would be just as wrong.

Threethrows
05-22-2014, 01:50 AM
You could use that same argument to explain that Dion Waiters is better than Klay Thompson, because the Warriors have a lot of weapons so it's hard to predict how Klay would do if he had to shoulder more of a load offensively.

Don't argue with simple jack bro, nigguh gone full retard.

RedBlackAttack
05-22-2014, 01:53 AM

Really a weird season for both Kyrie and the Cavs. There were month-long stretches where Kyrie was playing the best basketball of his career. After a horrible start to the season, he had a stretch from the start of December through mid-January where he was putting up something like 25/7/3 on 48/44/90 and the Cavs were winning.

Then, they'd slip back into a funk where things looked disorganized and ugly... then they'd turn it back on again. Very up and down.

I guess that's part of the risk when you rely so heavily on young players.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 01:54 AM
Don't argue with simple jack bro, nigguh gone full retard.

:oldlol: :cheers:

dontgetchoked
05-22-2014, 01:59 AM
Just a few years ago people were saying that kyrie was better than rose and westbrook and now all of a sudden lillard is better than irving. Man, brandon jennings can drop 30 points and people around here will be making threads about him being better than cp3. :rolleyes:

Lillard is a good 3 point shooter, but not really much better than kyrie imo. kyrie shoots better from mid range and at the rim. This was a bad year for kyrie, and he was still just as good as lillard. if he put up the stats he did 2 years ago this wouldnt even be a discussion. What, did irving just lose his skills? he has shot 47 and 45% his first two years and he is the first option on that team. Dame has lamarcus to draw attention. Kyrie is just as cluch as lillard. remember when he dominated russ and hit the gamewinner against okc?

If irving played for portland you guys would be calling him the best pg in the league.

therammingman
05-22-2014, 02:50 AM
dumb ?

lillard easy

Simple Jack
05-22-2014, 03:52 AM

That shouldn't have been interpreted as my sole reason. I'm basing it off what I've seen from Kyrie since his rookie year.

That's not a proper comparison either way because neither Klay nor Waiters were focal points of opposing teams defenses, nor are either of them asked to shoulder the bulk of the offensive responsibility (which was the case with Kyrie, and why I used it as a supporting point).

Simple Jack
05-22-2014, 03:56 AM
Really a weird season for both Kyrie and the Cavs. There were month-long stretches where Kyrie was playing the best basketball of his career. After a horrible start to the season, he had a stretch from the start of December through mid-January was he was putting up something like 25/7/3 on 48/44/90 and the Cavs were winning.

Then, they'd slip back into a funk where things looked disorganized and ugly... then they'd turn it back on again. Very up and down.

I guess that's part of the risk when you rely so heavily on young players.

Agreed. Caught a bunch of Cavs games this season as I do dailyfantasysports. Drafted dude constantly at various points in the season because his salary dipped so low and was disappointed plenty of times until he'd explode or go on a nice stretch as you mentioned.

Cavs need to just settle down and get some rhythm going and I don't just mean on the court. Trades/coaching changes/roster changes don't allow a team to get that much needed chemistry and system in place which is so important (especially for a young team in need of direction).

FPJ
05-22-2014, 04:03 AM
People underestimate the impact of a coach and good management. Its not fair to Kyrie.

unknowns8
05-22-2014, 04:07 AM
cant believe how many on here are adding the "and its not even close" remark to their pick

it's apparent that it is close ... so close that I'm taking Irving purely on age ... someones already said it but if you switch both players teams, neither team improves or regresses much

Irving because he has more upside and age in his favour

noob cake
05-22-2014, 04:09 AM
cant believe how many on here are adding the "and its not even close" remark to their pick

it's apparent that it is close ... so close that I'm taking Irving purely on age ... someones already said it but if you switch both players teams, neither team improves or regresses much

Irving because he has more upside and age in his favour

No, it is not even close. Irving is a completely shit situation.

Lillard was drafted in a great situation, and is probably in the best situation he can be in.

Regardless, both players are putting up similar stats on paper. Irving is 2 years younger. Anyone taking Lillard over Irving is on crack.

Lebron23
11-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Irving is now in the same tier as Lillard. Both are top 5 PG's.

RoseCity07
11-17-2014, 04:53 PM

Irving doesn't have the drive to be great and it's visible in his body language. He looks like he's playing around out there most of the time. I think people rate him so highly because his ball handling is about as good as it gets in the NBA. Lillard has surpassed him in defense now.

I'd take Lillard over him just on attitude alone.

navy
11-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Westbrook
CP3
Curry

Parker
Lillard
Irving
Wall

Debateable.

Djsonny
11-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Game on the line, who would you trust with the ball? Lillard. Lillard will win you games after all said and done

Lebronxrings
11-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Lillard is a top 5 pg right now and has performed impressively in the playoffs. Kyrie isn't even top 10 pg, and has never made the playoffs. The choice is yours.

FatComputerNerd
11-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Game on the line, who would you trust with the ball? Lillard. Lillard will win you games after all said and done

Kyrie has hit his fair share of clutch game-winners.

They do call him Mr. 4th quarter...

Either way, they're both obviously very talented.

Inferno
11-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Currently...

Lillard: 20.6/5.2/6.6 on 47/47/93 shooting, 64% TS

Kyrie: 22.4/3.0/5.0 on 46/41/88 shooting, 59% TS

Lillard's defense looks improved, haven't seen Kyrie play though

oarabbus
11-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Lillard every day of the week and twice if they're playing the Rockets

RoseCity07
11-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Currently...

Lillard: 20.6/5.2/6.6 on 47/47/93 shooting, 64% TS

Kyrie: 22.4/3.0/5.0 on 46/41/88 shooting, 59% TS

Lillard's defense looks improved, haven't seen Kyrie play though

This is with lillard having a bunch if terrible games to start the year. Think I saw over the last week he is averaging 28ppg and 8assists

MUGEN
11-17-2014, 08:46 PM
This is with lillard having a bunch if terrible games to start the year. Think I saw over the last week he is averaging 28ppg and 8assists

Yep he scored 29/28/27

ralph_i_el
11-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Kyrie always looks like he's trying so hard on offense and he pounds the air out of the ball.

Lillard gets about the same results but plays with a more efficient and restrained style IMO. He seems to be a much savvier player than Irving, whereas Irving is more agile and aggressive with the ball.

RedBlackAttack
11-17-2014, 08:54 PM
FYI, Kyrie is averaging 26.3 points on 54.3% FG, 52.5% 3PT and 90.0% FT over the last three games. Also, 6.3 assists against 0.3 turnovers and 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals.

Not bad... especially when you consider he's doing it without taking anything away from LeBron's game.

sammichoffate
11-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Lillard and it's not even close. Irving ain't no scrub though.

RoseCity07
11-17-2014, 09:49 PM
FYI, Kyrie is averaging 26.3 points on 54.3% FG, 52.5% 3PT and 90.0% FT over the last three games. Also, 6.3 assists against 0.3 turnovers and 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals.

Not bad... especially when you consider he's doing it without taking anything away from LeBron's game.

I know 3 games is a small sample size but we can compare both player's last 3 games right now:

Lillard averaged 28.0 points (58.8% FG), 4.7 rebounds, 8.7 assists and 1.33 steals. The NBA’s leader with 33 3-pointers, Lillard went 14-for-20 (70.0%)

The_Yearning
11-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Damian Lillard.

I only watch the playoffs.

Lebron23
01-29-2015, 07:34 AM
Give me Kyrie Irving.

D-Wait
01-29-2015, 08:37 AM
Give me Kyrie Irving.

Nice bump :oldlol:

Leroy Jetson
01-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Lillard is clutch. Gotta go with him.

ralph_i_el
01-29-2015, 03:19 PM
I'll still take Lillard. He's less flashy, but I think he's more cerebral and efficient with his movements.

Edit: lol I already posted this but better.

The_Yearning
01-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Still taking DL.

But dude needs to learn how to play iso ball. He doesn't have the ability to create something out of nothing a la Kyrie.

lilteapot
01-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Still taking DL.

But dude needs to learn how to play iso ball. He doesn't have the ability to create something out of nothing a la Kyrie.
Not sure that's something you can teach.

Jlamb47
01-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Lillard

Dro
01-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Probably Lillard but its pretty close.....

The Red Viper
01-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Currently, Lillard. But Kyrie is younger and has a higher ceiling.

Genaro
01-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Still take Lillard right now one bad game from him while Kyrie had the best game of his life won't change that.

That being said I think that Kyrie could end up having the better career since he's only 22 and Lillard is already 24.

Kingwillball
01-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Irving has more talent scoring without a doubt lillard is a hair better all around but Irving will be a top 5 pg for next decade..

Meticode
01-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Either player.

They Won
01-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Still Lillard, even after Irving's 55.

Lebron23
04-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Damian Lillard in the regular season. Kyrie Irving so far in the playoffs.

I know you are
04-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Lillard has been awful these playoffs, but it is a really bad matchup for him. It was a miracle that the Blazers made the playoffs. Would Cavs make the playoffs without LeBron?