PDA

View Full Version : With the 9th pick of the 2014 nba Draft the hornets select ?

veilside23
05-21-2014, 11:42 PM
With the 9th pick of the 2014 nba Draft the hornets select ?

who would it be?

CLTHornets4eva
05-22-2014, 01:41 AM
With the 9th pick of the 2014 nba Draft the hornets select ?

who would it be?

I really hope its LeVine, Vonleh or Gordon.

BTW when is this changing to Hornets?

onewickedlady
05-22-2014, 01:46 AM
I really hope its LeVine, Vonleh or Gordon.

BTW when is this changing to Hornets?

Already has. :(

absalom
05-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Now that the hornets got the 9th pick, getting afflalo/nelson should not be the priority of the team.

rufuspaul
05-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Send the 9th pick along with Biz and Hendo to Minn. for Kevin Love. Use #24 on a backup PG and get a decent 2 and backup 5 in FA.

veilside23
05-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Send the 9th pick along with Biz and Hendo to Minn. for Kevin Love. Use #24 on a backup PG and get a decent 2 and backup 5 in FA.

would minny accept that? if they do they its Klove and Big AL again:applause:

onewickedlady
05-23-2014, 09:08 PM

The stadium would be back to sell-out crowds.

absalom
05-24-2014, 10:58 PM
If Love is coming here, Big Al and Zeller should be moved, imagine the amount of points Al and Love will give up if they are paired together. It would take a herculean effort for MKG and Henderson just to stop penetration because if opposing players went to the paint do you think Big Al and Love would contest that shots?

On to the 9th pick, at the start of the season I am pro tank because I like Marcus Smart for the bobcats but if he is not available they should swing for the fences. Zach Lavine could be that guy I think he has superstar potential and his comp is Westbrook.

rufuspaul
05-28-2014, 11:57 AM

Probably not. Plus KLove would have to agree to a contract extension. Just wishful thinking on my part.

veilside23
05-28-2014, 09:18 PM
its a tricky part for the hornets because they might want to give up on henderson already.. gary harris and nik stauskas can certainly spread the floor and be the 2nd or 3rd option behind kemba and big Al

rufuspaul
05-29-2014, 01:28 PM
its a tricky part for the hornets because they might want to give up on henderson already.. gary harris and nik stauskas can certainly spread the floor and be the 2nd or 3rd option behind kemba and big Al

I gave up on Henderson 2 seasons ago.

absalom
05-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Gotta watch some tapes of lavine, stauskas and harris.

veilside23
05-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Gotta watch some tapes of lavine, stauskas and harris.

lavine may have the highest potential among the three .. the draft combine of harris proved that he isnt that tall nothing wrong with that if he has the same jumping ability of monta ellis ... but harris is a good defender...

stauskas though is the best shooter among the three... he also has some hops and is a legit 6'6.75 ...

you can also bank on gordon however that might have some issues with mkg's development..

absalom
05-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Since the hornets core is set draft Lavine and let him develop while being Henderson's understudy. :rockon:

rufuspaul
05-30-2014, 10:58 AM
stauskas though is the best shooter among the three... he also has some hops and is a legit 6'6.75 ...

The more I hear about this guy the more I like him.

veilside23
06-05-2014, 09:52 PM
The more I hear about this guy the more I like him.

would you use the 9th pick for stauskas though ?

rufuspaul
06-09-2014, 02:27 PM
would you use the 9th pick for stauskas though ?

If we don't package the picks in a trade I wouldn't mind getting Stauskas at 9, Hairston at 24 and Wilbekin at 45. I doubt it's going to work out that way though.

absalom
06-13-2014, 09:37 PM
What if Cho trades Kemba + 24 + future pick to move up and draft Smart and get Stauskas at 9? It would be a better backcourt than Kemba and Stauskas.

veilside23
06-16-2014, 02:12 PM
What if Cho trades Kemba + 24 + future pick to move up and draft Smart and get Stauskas at 9? It would be a better backcourt than Kemba and Stauskas.

yes smart I think is better than kemba.. however I they will accept the trade

rufuspaul
06-17-2014, 11:48 AM
P.J. Hairston is in town today for a 2nd workout. He'd be a great pick at 24 but I sure hope we don't waste #9 on him.

rufuspaul
06-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Gary Harris is working out today. I like that kid.

veilside23
06-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Gary Harris is working out today. I like that kid.

harris might have a problem scoring or defending bigger players.. and his leaping ability isnt that great to compensate with his lack of height. if anything i would prefer clarkson over him and specially stauskas :)

Kukoc
06-22-2014, 05:44 PM
I think Gordon would be good for Charlotte

liverpooty
06-25-2014, 02:17 AM
Probably end up picking McDermott.

rufuspaul
06-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Probably end up picking McDermott.

In my wildest dreams I never thought Vonleh would be there at 9. He could end up being one of the top 3 out of this class. He has the potential to be the next Chris Bosh.

Jailblazers7
06-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Might have to be a league pass team for me next year. They've secretly become one of my favorite teams in the league to root for. I really like their draft this year and I imagine that MJ is looking to land a player or two in FA to solidify the teams playoff spot.

absalom
06-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Wow as in wow, Rich Cho is a genius. Vonleh and Hairston are BPA at their current positions. Getting those future pick is gravy. :applause:

onewickedlady
06-28-2014, 01:04 AM
In my wildest dreams I never thought Vonleh would be there at 9. He could end up being one of the top 3 out of this class. He has the potential to be the next Chris Bosh.

Excited about Vonleh and Hairston. I understand we have a chunk of cap space now, too. And a full roster, already. Which means we'll be packaging some of our players and maybe adding financial considerations in order to attract the top-tier (not on their way down) talent that will catapult our team even further upward in this coming season's standings. Does that mean we will let McBob walk? Sure we can do without Gary Neal, but who else might we package for a trade or are there other expiring contracts that will free up room on the roster. I'd hate to see Tolliver traded if we're losing McBob because they are our most reliable three-point shooters.

Any thoughts, guys?

rufuspaul
06-28-2014, 08:29 AM
At this point I envision us using the cap space to add 2 free agents: a scorer (Chandler Parsons?) and a backup point guard (Ramon Sessions?). I think we're gonna try and keep McBob but not if he commands too much money. It would be nice to get another center also.

onewickedlady
06-28-2014, 10:19 AM
So whom do we give the boot to?

veilside23
06-28-2014, 11:50 AM
a scorer? hmmm evan turner ? parsons will be expensive.. turner on this team would be good. but if you really have capspace go for lance stephenson..

i am really happy for the pick.. vonleh could easily be a top 4 pick . if only magic didnt have Vuc and harris already. Utah also passed on him because they have favors and kanter.

center ? i dont know if you guys need a center.

you already got big al , biyombo , zeller and now vonleh

but if ever this would be a good fit for them .. some notable free agents.

Pau gasol .. .yes its possible
Gortat... not unless wizards pay him
jason smith.
channing frye... gives you the shooting...
okafor again maybe?

rufuspaul
06-29-2014, 04:45 PM

Biz was relegated to 10th guy off the bench last year. His days might be numbered.

onewickedlady
06-29-2014, 10:53 PM
a scorer? hmmm evan turner ? parsons will be expensive.. turner on this team would be good. but if you really have capspace go for lance stephenson..

i am really happy for the pick.. vonleh could easily be a top 4 pick . if only magic didnt have Vuc and harris already. Utah also passed on him because they have favors and kanter.

center ? i dont know if you guys need a center.

but if ever this would be a good fit for them .. some notable free agents.

Pau gasol .. .yes its possible
Gortat... not unless wizards pay him
jason smith.
channing frye... gives you the shooting...
okafor again maybe?

I can't imagine getting Okafor back. That would be Soooooooooooooooo cool. And I think that our fans would be ecstatic. After all, he didn't leave because he wanted to. RufusPaul and I still have our Emeka Okafor bobblehead dolls back from the Bobcats first season!
I do believe that Biz, Neal and Pargo will be trade bait. Possibly Tolliver if we have a reliable three point shooter still on the team. Like let's re-sign McBob. He isn't the most reliable 3 pointer but he's much more valuable to the team in other ways than Tolliver.

veilside23
07-07-2014, 02:26 AM
you can resign mcbob and let tolliver walk .. and channing frye isnt a bad replacement ..

rufuspaul
07-07-2014, 04:04 PM
you can resign mcbob and let tolliver walk .. and channing frye isnt a bad replacement ..

So much for that.