PDA

View Full Version : If you don't think the Harden trade was one of the worst ever, you're an idiot.

Connor B
05-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Its that simple. Maybe he sucks as a first option superstar down in Houston, but he was only going to get better as a bonafide 6th man, and Bennett could have kept him around by amnesting Perkins, or other trade values if his cheap ass was that concerned with staying over the tax. If your end game line up is Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka...I'd say you are doing pretty well as far as all time great NBA line ups go.

One of the worst trades ever, Lamb doesn't even play anymore and was crap towards the end of the season, Adams we have no idea how good he might end up being, and Jackson is not the same.

OKC fans - stop settling for a shit coach and a cheap owner. Make a stand or Durant and Westbrook will run for the hills.

Black and White
05-22-2014, 12:48 AM
OKC needed to choose between Ibaka and Harden, and IMO, they made the right choice, lets not act like Reggie, Lamb and Adams are close to what they are going to be yet.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 01:01 AM
inb4 Milbuck

OP is wrong though.

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 01:04 AM
Its that simple. Maybe he sucks as a first option superstar down in Houston, but he was only going to get better as a bonafide 6th man, and Bennett could have kept him around by amnesting Perkins, or other trade values if his cheap ass was that concerned with staying over the tax. If your end game line up is Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka...I'd say you are doing pretty well as far as all time great NBA line ups go.

One of the worst trades ever, Lamb doesn't even play anymore and was crap towards the end of the season, Adams we have no idea how good he might end up being, and Jackson is not the same.

OKC fans - stop settling for a shit coach and a cheap owner. Make a stand or Durant and Westbrook will run for the hills.

Nope.

The thing that nobody is talking about...they actual dumb thing. Was the Thunder not moving Thabo's expiring contract packaged with the Dallas pick and a couple young guys like Roberson or Jones for a legit impact player at the sg or center position.

That was the big **** up.

Presti did everything right up until this trade deadline or perhaps over the summer they could have fixed it. Instead Presti fell in love with another pick that won't help them for at least 2 years...and the Thunder should already be at home watching if not for pure luck.

Hopefully they bounce back because I have them to win the West, but Presti ****ed up big time here regardless of the outcome of this series.

Are the Magic really turning down Thabo's expiring deal, Perry Jones, Roberson, the 21st pick, and a 2nd round pick for Afflalo? Obviously that's not the only option, but it's the one that made the most sense.

That was the play...and Presti blew it.

Milbuck
05-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Cut the shit with the "you're dumb if you disagree with me" crap.

Explain to me what Harden would've done tonight to help them win this game.

Would he have locked up Green, Mills, Belinelli, or whoever else he was "guarding" with his Pippen-esque defense?

Or would he have used his monstrous scoring skill set of overplayed step backs, retarded transition 3s and repulsive flops to courageously ignite the OKC offense?

Or would he use his Magic-like leadership and intangibles to will his team back and boost everyone's confidence?

He wouldn't have done JACK SHIT tonight. I shudder to think of how many more 3s they would've rained with that apathetic bearded **** "trying" to stay with those shooters. OKC's biggest problem tonight was a complete lack of discipline on both ends of the floor. Between Westbrook's poor shot selection, Durant coming off Green several times, countless turnovers or whatever it was...bad decision making and careless mistakes was what slaughtered their execution.

You really think that low-IQ retard in Houston would've changed anything?

miggyme1
05-22-2014, 02:06 AM

Would he have locked up Green, Mills, Belinelli, or whoever else he was "guarding" with his Pippen-esque defense?

Or would he have used his monstrous scoring skill set of overplayed step backs, retarded transition 3s and repulsive flops to courageously ignite the OKC offense?

Or would he use his Magic-like leadership and intangibles to will his team back and boost everyone's confidence?

He wouldn't have done JACK SHIT tonight. I shudder to think of how many more 3s they would've rained with that apathetic bearded **** "trying" to stay with those shooters. OKC's biggest problem tonight was a complete lack of discipline on both ends of the floor. Between Westbrook's poor shot selection, Durant coming off Green several times, countless turnovers or whatever it was...bad decision making and careless mistakes was what slaughtered their execution.

LMAO

u right tho...its not harden the thunder are missing...its ibaka and a smarter coach.

if scott brooks doesnt change his starting lineup for game 3 the thunder will lose this series in 4. he at least has to bench perkins. me personally id run a 4-1 set with jackson,westbrook,lamb,and durant on the perimeter and adams down in the paint. i guess we will see

COnDEMnED
05-22-2014, 03:09 AM
inb4 Milbuck

OP is wrong though.
Nailed it by 7 minutes. That was close.. :cheers:

salwan
05-22-2014, 03:31 AM
He killed the spurs 2 years ago.

Hate him or loath him, Harden would have a bigger impact than lamb and Adams combined.

BlazerRed
05-22-2014, 03:40 AM

Would read again :lol :applause:

Cocaine80s
05-22-2014, 03:45 AM

Harden raped the spurs 2 years ago. Im sure not being the #1 option on offense would help him save some energy to play defense.

russwest0
05-22-2014, 04:07 AM

Hate him or loath him, Harden would have a bigger impact than lamb and Adams combined.

Adams just played a damn good game. Something like 9 points and 8 rebounds and put in work on Duncan.

Swap Adams and Lamb for Harden and take Ibaka out of the equation and does OKC really do anything different than they have so far? Defense is a big problem and Harden doesn't improve that. For iso scoring we already have two guys who can do that.

Tough call but longterm obviously the Harden trade was the right one for OKC. This Adams kid is a stud and fills a much more important position. Can't just blame the Harden trade for OKC's most important durable players getting hurt.

russwest0
05-22-2014, 04:09 AM
The best part about Adams is that as raw as he is, he's already a solid two way player who guys have to put in work defending on defense and put in work trying to score on on offense.

Thats already one step in the right direction towards winning a championship. You don't win a championship with a team loaded of guys who only play offense, or guys who only play defense, or a mix of both. You need everyone on the floor capable of helping out on both sides of the ball, period.

Trading Harden was the right move but idiots act as if what he's doing in Houston is some impressive feat and that his numbers would carry over to his 6th man role in OKC and that his defense would magically improve. Open your eyes people. The dude is Corey Magette 2.0.

BoutPractice
05-22-2014, 04:11 AM
I'm an idiot

Smook A.
05-22-2014, 04:23 AM
James Harden was the 6th Man with the Oklahoma City Thunder. He wasn't the star. He wasn't even in the starting lineup.

When you are a 6th, you aren't really supposed to do "everything". Thats what the starters do, like Durant and Westbrook. Harden was big for the Thunder. Ibaka would play his normal, shot-blocking defense, and Durant and Westbrook do their job on offense while playing good d.

There would already have been alot points up on the board because Durant and Westbrook would do their job on the offensive end. So now those guys are tired and they need rest.

Exit: Starters
Enter: James Harden and the rest of the bench.

Harden comes in and scores 16-18 points for the rest of game. Ya know... a couple threes, layups. Maybe dish out a few assists here and there. He doesn't even have to worry about playing defense because OKC would be up by so many points at this point.

After Harden does his job, the Thunder would be up by atleast 10. Now you have Durant and Westbrook coming in.

Today after the 1st quarter during Game 2 between the Spurs and Thunder, the OKC Thunder were up by 2. Durant and Wesbrook sit. Spurs score 34 in the 2nd quarter and Thunder only score 18. Now if Harden was playing they'd definitely score a little more, plus he'd give effort on defense. In Oklahoma City, Harden played defense way more because he didn't have to play so many minutes. He locked down Kobe in one of the playoff games. Kobe couldn't do crap. He constantly got stripped and got his shot contested by JAMES HARDEN.

To say Harden wouldn't help the Thunder's bench just means you hate on him. Even if you hate you have to admit that he would make a large impact. Sure he may not play good defense in Houston but thats probably because his role there is different. He plays alot more minutes and knowing him, he probably gets tired. In OKC he didn't have to play THAT MANY minutes and therefore played better defense. With Harden coming off the bench, OKC got more points up. He would score 16-18 every game consistently.

In the 2012 series vs San Antonio he was huge for them.

Game 1 - 19 points (41%) 6 reb, 1 ast
Game 2 - 30 points (77%) :eek: ... 7 reb, 4 ast
Game 3 - 15 points (50%) 4 reb, 3 ast
Game 4 - 11 points (31%) 7 reb, 7 ast
Game 5 - 20 points (55%) 4 reb, 3 ast
Game 6 - 16 ponts (45%) 5 reb, 4 ast

In Game 4 Harden was bad. But he made it up by dishing out 7 assists and scoring 20 points on 55% next game.

If OKC had Harden right now, they'd be playing better.

GimmeThat
05-22-2014, 04:24 AM
the Brooklyn Nets have a payroll of 100 mil
Knicks 88 mil
Heat 80 mil

Thunders at 70mil

In that perspective, yes, one of the worst ever.

russwest0
05-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Smook you have to remember how well this team has done with Ibaka stepping his game up. Following beating the Clippers in 6 I had us favorites to beat the Spurs.

Durant is a better player and Ibaka is FAR better. Westbrook seems marginally better. All of this affects Harden fitting in as well. Harden would have gotten the ball even less with the current big 3 on the floor. Plus Reggie Jacksons emergence as well...

when full strength there is just simply no room for Harden aside from what he was doing... getting 16ppg and playing shit defense... which isn't worth the max.

A true 3 and D SG would be a much better fit. Someone like Afflalo or Shumpert if he becomes a slightly better shooter.

MiseryCityTexas
05-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Trading Jeff Green for Perkins was a dumb move also. Most underrated lopsided trade in NBA history.

Smook A.
05-22-2014, 04:35 AM
Smook you have to remember how well this team has done with Ibaka stepping his game up.

Durant is a better player and Ibaka is FAR better. Westbrook seems marginally better. All of this affects Harden fitting in as well. Harden would have gotten the ball even less with the current big 3 on the floor.

A true 3 and D SG would be a much better fit. Someone like Afflalo or Shumpert if he becomes a slightly better shooter.
Oh yeah definitely. Ibaka is a big time player for the Thunder. He does his thing on the defensive side and on the offensive side you got him making open jumpers. He's almost automatic when he shoots.

Its a god damn shame he went down. It would've made Game 1 and Game 2 more competitive.

And I can't imagine how scary and nasty the Thunder would be with Afflalo on their team... He would be the perfect fit. It'd be a match made in Heaven. You guys gotta trade for him. I think he's the "missing piece"

russwest0
05-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Trading Jeff Green for Perkins was a dumb move also. Most underrated lopsided trade in NBA history.

again, people aren't looking at what okc had that made the trade necessary...

they had Ibaka who needed minutes to develop who was behind Jeff Green and their starting center was some scrub bitch named Kristic.

The Perkins trade wasn't bad at all it was the contract they gave Perkins. He would have only been worth that contract if he retained his prime level athleticism.

brantonli
05-22-2014, 04:36 AM

I doubt Reggie Jackson would've developed as much though, and he can only get better. Seems almost like the Thunder have a NBA2K14 association mode problem, too many talented young players and they keep having to trade them away.

comerb
05-22-2014, 04:37 AM
OKC needed to choose between Ibaka and Harden,

No they didn't.

MiseryCityTexas
05-22-2014, 04:51 AM
again, people aren't looking at what okc had that made the trade necessary...

they had Ibaka who needed minutes to develop who was behind Jeff Green and their starting center was some scrub bitch named Kristic.

The Perkins trade wasn't bad at all it was the contract they gave Perkins. He would have only been worth that contract if he retained his prime level athleticism.

Green was a better 2nd option than Westbrick, and I honestly liked Ibaka better coming off the bench. He brought that energy off the bench. Collison is garbage, but he "works hard".

bdreason
05-22-2014, 05:01 AM
Ibaka over Harden is a smart choice.

I think OKC could have amnestied Perkins and moved some contracts to keep Harden though. That means they would have had to pay Perkins cash, and probably exceed to cap to add depth... and I don't think the OKC investment group is willing to pay the luxury tax, or just throw cash at an amnestied player.