PDA

View Full Version : Future Hall of Fame roll call.

Breezy
05-22-2014, 06:15 AM
What did I miss? What do you think? Ill give my reasoning to any entries that make you raise an eyebrow.

Locks: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli,

Borderline/Tough to call: Rondo, Derek Rose, Kyrie Irving, Vince Carter, Chauncy Billups, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh,

Potential: Joakim Noah, Andre Drummond, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Paul George, Lance Stephenson, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Russel Westbrook, Goran Dragic, Lamarcus Aldridge, Damian Lillard, Demarcus Cousins, Kawhi Leonard, Demar Derozan, John Wall.

Role Players that Could be inducted after their deaths in a future weak class: Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, David Lee, Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Serge Ibaka, Derek Fisher, Rudy Gay, Andre Miller.

Akrazotile
05-22-2014, 06:51 AM
If you put Kobe in you have to put Horry and Fisher in as well.

JellyBean
05-22-2014, 06:56 AM

:facepalm

Breezy
05-22-2014, 06:59 AM

I covered Fisher. The list is about Current Nba Players. I didn't list Shaq or Jason Kidd either.

Akrazotile
05-22-2014, 07:04 AM
I covered Fisher. The list is about Current Nba Players. I didn't list Shaq or Jason Kidd either.

No, but I mean you have to put Fisher on Kobes ballot. They won all their rings together in the same backcourt. Kobe literally hasnt won a playoff series without Fish. They deserve to be conjoined on the ballot. Kobe is empty stats without him.

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2014, 07:14 AM
You're missing Stoudemire for borderline. Howard should be a lock.

I'd throw in Lowry for potential.

Breezy
05-22-2014, 07:16 AM
No, but I mean you have to put Fisher on Kobes ballot. They won all their rings together in the same backcourt. Kobe literally hasnt won a playoff series without Fish. They deserve to be conjoined on the ballot. Kobe is empty stats without him.

Let me pretend for a second that you're not trolling and answer this objection as though it were raised by a rational adult. Even discounting Rings Kobe would still make it in the Hall of fame. Kobe Has two Olympic Gold Medals, Loads of All star appearances, all Nba 1st teams and All defensive team selection, not to mention his Career scoring total. All of which Derek Fisher does not have. Getting into the Hall of fame is does not mean you won titles.

swagga
05-22-2014, 07:18 AM
You're missing Stoudemire for borderline. Howard should be a lock.

I'd throw in Lowry for potential.

pastis
05-22-2014, 07:18 AM
What did I miss? What do you think? Ill give my reasoning to any entries that make you raise an eyebrow.

Locks: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli,

Borderline/Tough to call: Rondo, Derek Rose, Kyrie Irving, Vince Carter, Chauncy Billups, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh,

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

swagga
05-22-2014, 07:24 AM

i could see the (deserved/weak) case for everyone but k irving. Putting him there is like putting chris-douglas roberts or some crazy shook scrub.

BoutPractice
05-22-2014, 07:30 AM
Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose and yes, Chauncey Billups will have a real case. Not first ballot, but they should at least get consideration.

David Lee, Tayshaun Prince, Rudy Gay will not. It would be a joke if they even got mentioned as candidates.

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2014, 07:32 AM

Goran Dragic was on the potential list too. Lowry is on his tier and figured why not ? Off course, I have my bias but it's not totally out of the question.

His career trajectory is pretty similar to Billups, without the ring and Finals MVP (at least for now; not saying he wins a title in Toronto but it would match Billups resume along with all star selections and all-nba teams).

Breezy
05-22-2014, 07:32 AM

Rose has an MVP and everyone has gotten in so far but none of them got it right away and then fell off the map. If he can't play his star will be (is) greatly diminished.

Rondo Won a ring early, was the best player on the team in subsequent years but looks like he's going nowhere. I'm not sure if Rondo will be relevant in the years to come.

Kyrie is just assuming he returns to form and Plays out his career that way. Which is up in the air but when he's on he's must see tv.

Random_Guy
05-22-2014, 07:35 AM
vince carter is a lock imo, multiple 20+point seasons. arguable the best dunker of all time, great scorer and has big moments, clutch as fcuk, just overshadowed by his insane dunking ability.

Random_Guy
05-22-2014, 07:36 AM
oh and lol @ lance stephonsen

T_L_P
05-22-2014, 07:37 AM
The fact that Melo is a lock is in embarrassing. Easiest HoF to get into. :facepalm

Lebron23
05-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Rose is a FIRST ballot hof. he's a former nba mvp.

Random_Guy
05-22-2014, 07:40 AM
The fact that Melo is a lock is in embarrassing. Easier HoF to get into. :facepalm
this too

Random_Guy
05-22-2014, 07:41 AM
he isnt atm though. imo if he fades into obscurity from now on and becomes nothing more than a bench player then he wont make it and eventually become one of the biggest what ifs

Breezy
05-22-2014, 07:43 AM
Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose and yes, Chauncey Billups will have a real case. Not first ballot, but they should at least get consideration.

David Lee, Tayshaun Prince, Rudy Gay will not. It would be a joke if they even got mentioned as candidates.

Look at who is already in the Hall of fame, it's not all Jerry wests and Magic Johnsons.

Bob Davies, Ernest J. Schmidt, John Beckman, Richie Guerin, Roger Brown, Reece "Goose" Tatum, Gus Johnson, Maurice Stokes, Dino Meneghin, Arnold D. "Arnie" Risen, Marques O. Haynes, George H. Yardley.....

All Hall of famers. Mostly obscure roll players. The HOF get's nostalgic. Just imagine in 30 years when the selection committe are a bunch of old men saying "Remember Mo Williams? Smooth stroke on that fella. Played with him in Utah.. He's in!"

Breezy
05-22-2014, 07:45 AM
oh and lol @ lance stephonsen

Yeah you might have me there. Scratch him off the list!

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2014, 07:48 AM
The fact that Melo is a lock is in embarrassing. Easier HoF to get into. :facepalm

The basketball HOF also takes into account NCAA and olympic achievements. You add in Melo's NCAA title and 2 gold medals (context included), he's a lock.

Random_Guy
05-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Yeah you might have me there. Scratch him off the list!
:cheers:

BoutPractice
05-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Look at who is already in the Hall of fame, it's not all Jerry wests and Magic Johnsons.

Bob Davies, Ernest J. Schmidt, John Beckman, Richie Guerin, Roger Brown, Reece "Goose" Tatum, Gus Johnson, Maurice Stokes, Dino Meneghin, Arnold D. "Arnie" Risen, Marques O. Haynes, George H. Yardley.....

All Hall of famers. Mostly obscure roll players. The HOF get's nostalgic. Just imagine in 30 years when the selection committe are a bunch of old men saying "Remember Mo Williams? Smooth stroke on that fella. Played with him in Utah.. He's in!"
You have a point, but if it happens to someone, sure as hell ain't going to be Rudy Gay types. Why not Shareef Abdur Rahim or Vin Baker while we're at it?

swagga
05-22-2014, 11:22 AM

b-b-b-b-but i're read on this forum from sources of great repute that the boston celtics were all superstars dropping at least 20/10. They colluded because they hated that one black guy that got all the girls .
I swear to god it's the truth.

LOL jk wilt is a statpadding bum, and half the HOF is full of betas

K Xerxes
05-22-2014, 11:49 AM
If Chris Paul is a lock, Dwight is too.

Breezy
05-22-2014, 07:51 PM

Not if his career fizzles out this soon after his start. He could end up being a penny hardaway type.