PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Being Considered Historically Good For 3rd Year in a Row

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 10:57 AM
But whenever they lose, it's all good because they were "old" and "overachieving". Which one is it going to be? Are they this well oiled machine that can play with the best of them. Or are they the team Spurs fans/LeBron haters say they are whenever they lose? They are the favorites this season in the Finals according to this board. I don't see any excuses if they lose.

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 11:00 AM
But whenever they lose, it's all good because they were "old" and "overachieving". Which one is it going to be? Are they this well oiled machine that can play with the best of them. Or are they the team Spurs fans/LeBron haters say they are whenever they lose? They are the favorites this season in the Finals according to this board. I don't see any excuses if they lose.

DUNCAN >>>>>>>>> LEBRON :rockon:

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 11:02 AM

So they must be a lock to win all, right?

Sarcastic
05-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Old, but in a weak era with few teams that play team ball, they are thriving.

Marlo_Stanfield
are you the user Greg Oden 52 that got banned??
i know you are just admit it :oldlol: :oldlol:

livinglegend
championship or bust

anything less than a championship would be a huge failure

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Before the finals: Spurs are unbeatable and will win in 5 agaisnt Miami, one of the GOAt teams
IF they win vs the Heat: Lebron lost to an ancient Tim Duncan and Manu and an overrated team. Lebron sucks.
IF Heat win: LOLOL Heat won against an old ass team on their last leg. heat are so lucky Ibaka got injured. Lebron only wins against weak and old competition. herp derp:coleman:

red1
05-22-2014, 11:07 AM
right on. the flip-flopping on this board is unbelievable

poido123
05-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Silk insecurity threads are out in full force :lol

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 11:08 AM
are you the user Greg Oden 52 that got banned??
i know you are just admit it :oldlol: :oldlol:
ODEN = BUST:no:

livinglegend
05-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Before the finals: Spurs are unbeatable and will win in 5 agaisnt Miami, one of the GOAt teams
IF they win vs the Heat: Lebron lost to an ancient Tim Duncan and Manu and an overrated team. Lebron sucks.
IF Heat win: LOLOL Heat won against an old ass team on their last leg. heat are so lucky Ibaka got injured. Lebron only wins against weak and old competition. herp derp:coleman:

In 2012, they said Heat got lucky because Thunder beat Spurs. Heat would have lost to Spurs because of their great ball movement.
In 2013, they said Heat got lucky that Westbrook got injured and they had to face an old Spurs team. Durant and Westbrook would expose Heat. :oldlol: :oldlol:

red1
05-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Silk insecurity threads are out in full force :lol
*bulls fan

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2014, 11:11 AM
ODEN = BUST:no:
oh no... ish, its him, pls ban

tpols
05-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Spurs have not been considered historically good for past 3 years.. after losing to the 8 seed in memphis in 2011, everyone expected them to do the same in 2012.. dominate RS and fold in the playoffs early. And they got backdoor swept again the next year. Last year they made the Finals and were underdogs.. it took bran going houdini and record setting number of 3s for them to just have a tied series half way through.

This year they look at their best though.. previous years they werent really that scary. They had their breakout performance just last year against the Heat.

Paul George 24
05-22-2014, 11:13 AM

JUST BECAUSE I SAID ODEN IS A BUST :lol

Rake2204
05-22-2014, 11:14 AM
I still have a very difficult time picking against a team featuring one of the most dominant forces in NBA history alongside two Dream Team teammates... alongside Ray Allen aka perhaps the deadliest three point shooter in NBA history. Unfortunately, the team they went out of their way to create is filled with enough talent to win an NBA championship even when everyone is not clicking on all cylinders.

poido123
05-22-2014, 11:16 AM
*bulls fan

Why do you always run to the aid of heat Fans?

I see you supporting raptors like a good fan, but then you have this heat Support?

:wtf:

Anyways, Bulls have no worries, we have good times ahead

houston
05-22-2014, 11:16 AM
silk always come with facts

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 11:18 AM
dont ban hes freaking hilarious

red1
05-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Why do you always run to the aid of heat Fans?

I see you supporting raptors like a good fan, but then you have this heat Support?

:wtf:

Anyways, Bulls have no worries, we have good times ahead
to the aid of heat fans? wtf. bulls fans are salty as fck on this board thus the *bulls fan. btw you're acting like a *bulls fan right now

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Spurs have not been considered historically good for past 3 years.. after losing to the 8 seed in memphis in 2011, everyone expected them to do the same in 2012.. dominate RS and fold in the playoffs early. And they got backdoor swept again the next year. Last year they made the Finals and were underdogs.. it took bran going houdini and record setting number of 3s for them to just have a tied series half way through.

This year they look at their best though.. previous years they werent really that scary. They had their breakout performance just last year against the Heat.

No one is talking about LeBron. And go back to 2012 where the Spurs were getting compared to some of the GOAT teams. Especially when they were 10-0 in the playoffs at one point. Revisionist history is a tpols favorite.

Bandito
05-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Lebron stans already coming with the excuses:lol

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 11:35 AM

Who is making excuses? I fully believe Miami will beat them. Do yourself a favor and use your free time to learn how to read, f.ag boy.

Bandito
05-22-2014, 11:41 AM
If the Heat wins the beat a stacked team as underdogs and MJ < Lebrom. If they lose, they lost to a stacked team. Please...same story since 2010 ******

Prometheus
05-22-2014, 11:41 AM
I hate how people are calling this excuses or insecurity. OP even said he's picking Miami, but it's a valid question.

You act like the Spurs are this dominant wrecking ball that will smoke every team in the playoffs.

Miami beats them, suddenly they're an aging team on its last leg and Miami gets no credit for the win.

It's nothing more than a cheap way for haters to discredit the Heat.

Bandito
05-22-2014, 11:45 AM
If the Heat they are the champions if they do not they are not. As simple as that. I may joke about the asterisks but that is some dumb crap. Heat won because they were the better team luck, voodoo or whatever you want to call it.

Droid101
Damage control is fast with the branstans.

SilkkTheShocker
I hate how people are calling this excuses or insecurity. OP even said he's picking Miami, but it's a valid question.

You act like the Spurs are this dominant wrecking ball that will smoke every team in the playoffs.

Miami beats them, suddenly they're an aging team on its last leg and Miami gets no credit for the win.

It's nothing more than a cheap way for haters to discredit the Heat.

Exactly. We keep hearing how this Spurs team is on a mission. Didn't we hear that when they went 10-0 in the playoffs in 2012? Or when they only lost two games in the west playoffs last year? This is year 3 now of hearing the same s.hit. It's pretty funny how a team can go from "unbeatable" to "old/overachieving" all of a sudden

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 11:46 AM
silk always come with facts

:cheers:

nightprowler10
05-22-2014, 11:48 AM
This thread makes no sense. The Spurs are apparently "historically good" for the 3rd season even though they ran out of gas and got backdoor swept by OKC, ran out of gas and choked in the finals the next year, and are playing exceptionally so far because Pop rested them half the season. The Heat on the other hand are looking to make their fourth final in a row and have the best overall player in the NBA...are they not also historically good?

The fact is, if the Spurs face off against Heat again, they'll still be the underdogs. Not just because Miami has the best player on the court but also because Spurs are old and prone to running out of gas. Had they won last year it would no doubt be an upset and a great achievement for SA. The same holds true this year.

TheMan
05-22-2014, 11:52 AM
You were crapping your pants last time they played. Spurs are winning it all this year and you'll go missing for months. Have a fun summer doe :cheers:

RagaZ
05-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Obsessed.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 11:54 AM
You were crapping your pants last time they played. Spurs are winning it all this year and you'll go missing for months. Have a fun summer doe :cheers:

I got Miami winning. Everything else you said was the typical hypothetical/wishful thinking garbage you're always spewing. Get back to me when you have some facts. I won't hold my breath though waiting :oldlol:

LeBron 06
05-22-2014, 11:56 AM
This thread makes no sense. The Spurs are apparently "historically good" for the 3rd season even though they ran out of gas and got backdoor swept by OKC, ran out of gas and choked in the finals the next year, and are playing exceptionally so far because Pop rested them half the season. The Heat on the other hand are looking to make their fourth final in a row and have the best overall player in the NBA...are they not also historically good?

The fact is, if the Spurs face off against Heat again, they'll still be the underdogs. Not just because Miami has the best player on the court but also because Spurs are old and prone to running out of gas. Had they won last year it would no doubt be an upset and a great achievement for SA. The same holds true this year.

The Spurs deserve to be favorite this year

The only reason that the heat can be favorite this year is because they won the last two years

I think the heat will beat the spurs, but the Spurs will probably be the favorite by the experts

TheMan
05-22-2014, 12:00 PM
I got Miami winning. Everything else you said was the typical hypothetical/wishful thinking garbage you're always spewing. Get back to me when you have some facts. I won't hold my breath though waiting :oldlol:
It's a given I'll be here to rub it in your face if the Spurs win, I'll be here to eat crow if the Heat win, question is, will you? And no excuses will be given. I didn't last time, Spurs just choked coupled with some terrible Pop decisions.

MostHated305
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
I agree with OP.

Spurs Win = Heat suck, spurs play team ball
Spurs Lose = What did you expect? they're old

These haters line up the excuses well before tip-off.

Rake2204
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM

The fact is, if the Spurs face off against Heat again, they'll still be the underdogs. Not just because Miami has the best player on the court but also because Spurs are old and prone to running out of gas. Had they won last year it would no doubt be an upset and a great achievement for SA. The same holds true this year.I concur. LeBron James is good enough by himself to turn a mediocre team into a contender. Add Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Ray Allen to the mix and it's an automatic favorite in the making.

I think there's two ways of looking at that Heat club. Some say they're not getting as much from the non-LeBron stars so it's not like they're stacked. On the other side, I feel the Heat are so talented and stacked that all three non-LeBron stars can be playing at only partial strength and still win the NBA championship. It does not really seem like they need to be clicking on all cylinders to emerge victorious.

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Who the hell considers these senior citizen led Spurs to be Historically good? Some of their key guys are so old they can't even play back to backs :lol

They're just benefitting from the fact that, as Jerry West pointed out recently, this is one of the weakest eras in NBA History. The Spurs are built and play like an old, broken down version of an 80s team. And look what their doing to the low IQ shotjackers now. Shit is hilarious to watch :lol

Brizzly
05-22-2014, 12:15 PM

The went to the finals last years, took the eventual champions to seven games and were seconds away from winning. Any excuse is implausible seeing as they were the second best team.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Who the hell considers these senior citizen led Spurs to be Historically good? Some of their key guys are so old they can't even play back to backs :lol

They're just benefitting from the fact that, as Jerry West pointed out recently, this is one of the weakest eras in NBA History. The Spurs are built and play like an old, broken down version of an 80s team. And look what their doing to the low IQ shotjackers now. Shit is hilarious to watch :lol

You Jordan stans are an insecure bunch :eek:

kamil
05-22-2014, 12:18 PM
*bulls fan

*raptors fan

HoopsFanNumero1
05-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Anyone saying the Spurs aren't historically good is most likely either a Heat hater, a Jordan stan, or a Kobetard. 60+ wins, 1st seed, and they're absolutely dominating in the playoffs. They would definitely be the favorites in the Finals.

3peated
05-22-2014, 12:21 PM
clippers getting cheated out of the wcf is why the spurs look so good. they're playing an incomplete team who shouldn't be there.

HoopsFanNumero1
05-22-2014, 12:21 PM

It's actually pretty shocking how biased some of these guys are.

Solefade
05-22-2014, 12:23 PM
it's funny how no one is really addressing OP's question, they just come in to give their worthless 2 cents about how it's a weak era/heat are stacked/spurs suck/duncan > lebron :lol

haters stay losing

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 12:26 PM
It's actually pretty shocking how biased some of these guys are.

Yep. It's sad.

oh the horror
05-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Anyone saying the Spurs aren't historically good is most likely either a Heat hater, a Jordan stan, or a Kobetard. 60+ wins, 1st seed, and they're absolutely dominating in the playoffs. They would definitely be the favorites in the Finals.

I wouldn't call being taken to a game 7 by Dallas "dominating" the playoffs.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 12:29 PM
it's funny how no one is really addressing OP's question, they just come in to give their worthless 2 cents about how it's a weak era/heat are stacked/spurs suck/duncan > lebron :lol

haters stay losing

Exactly. Just pure deflection. I even flat out said I have Miami winning no matter what. :oldlol: LeBron haters go all in on the Spurs, but if/when they lose they are going to talk about how they are nothing but overachievers/old. All this board talks about is how stacked Miami is. But in every hypothetical matchup they are picked to lose or just win in 7 games. I remember this board talking about how Memphis would have beaten them :oldlol:

HoopsFanNumero1
05-22-2014, 12:33 PM

That was clearly an exception. Look at what they did in the RS with all their starter playing limited minutes. Just look at what they're doing the past two series.

Solefade
05-22-2014, 12:37 PM

i wouldn't call portland and OKC "well coached" teams either

carlisle is definitely capable of matching up with popovic in terms of coaching ability and portland/okc play defense that's softer than baby shit

Just2McFly
05-22-2014, 12:38 PM

you really need to let go of this bias

Dresta
05-22-2014, 12:47 PM

Yeah, so basically, the 2013 playoff Spurs were a much better team than many on here were admitting, sweeping both the Lakers and Grizzles (who trounced OKC) on their way to the finals. While the Heat slugged through 7 physical games against Indiana.

tpols
05-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Yeah, so basically, the 2013 playoff Spurs were a much better team than many on here were admitting, sweeping both the Lakers and Grizzles (who trounced OKC) on their way to the finals. While the Heat slugged through 7 physical games against Indiana.

Yes.. spurs have been historically great this year and last. They were fake contenders the few years before that and had to prove they got over the playoff hump.. which they have.

Droid101
05-22-2014, 12:50 PM
I wonder how it feels to be wrong about absolutely everything. Must be exhausting.

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 12:51 PM

Insecure about what exactly? Am I the one trying to make a retirement community intramural squad out to be the showtime Lakers? :oldlol:

You're just out here doing possible ass whooping preemptive excuse making. That way if old man Duncan grandfathers bronze again you can claim it was an atg team.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 12:52 PM
I wonder how it feels to be wrong about absolutely everything. Must be exhausting.

Just imagine yourself as you. That's how I imagine it would feel.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Just imagine yourself as you. That's how I imagine it would feel.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Insecure about what exactly? Am I the one trying to make a retirement community intramural squad out to be the showtime Lakers? :oldlol:

You're just out here doing possible ass whooping preemptive excuse making. That way if old man Duncan grandfathers bronze again you can claim it was an atg team.

Do you know how to read, Jamal? I got the Heat winning the series.

Dr Seuss
05-22-2014, 12:55 PM
its insane how insecure heat fans have become these last few weeks. the whole regular season they were barking that the heat are the favorites no matter what because they are the defending champs. and now, after seeing how well the spurs play, and recalling last years intense series, they claim the spurs are the absolute favorite, in order to save face.

its ridiculous that this site still holds any sense of credibility. its now nothing more than a bunch of preteen mentalities, butting heads left and right over the stupidest shiit

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 01:04 PM
its insane how insecure heat fans have become these last few weeks. the whole regular season they were barking that the heat are the favorites no matter what because they are the defending champs. and now, after seeing how well the spurs play, and recalling last years intense series, they claim the spurs are the absolute favorite, in order to save face.

its ridiculous that this site still holds any sense of credibility. its now nothing more than a bunch of preteen mentalities, butting heads left and right over the stupidest shiit

Another illiterate poster. Have said multiple times now that Miami is winning the series. Point is what will the excuse be if/when the Spurs lose.

Dr Seuss
05-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Another illiterate poster. Have said multiple times now that Miami is winning the series. Point is what will the excuse be if/when the Spurs lose.

the same thing people are going to say if/when the heat lose; they were out played by a better team. simple as that

And once again, the whole point of you making this thread is to save face. sure, youre saying you think the heat are going to win. but if they dont, you can cite this thread as to why they didnt. that you claim the spurs are a "historically good team". but the only reason you even pretend to acknowledge that, is to give yourself an excuse for the heat losing. which deep down inside, youre deathly afraid of

were not retarded on this site. your ploys are obvious

Rake2204
05-22-2014, 01:06 PM
But whenever they lose, it's all good because they were "old" and "overachieving". Which one is it going to be? Are they this well oiled machine that can play with the best of them. Or are they the team Spurs fans/LeBron haters say they are whenever they lose? They are the favorites this season in the Finals according to this board. I don't see any excuses if they lose.I think it's tough to throw the entire board all into one camp. I believe there's many of us here who believe the Spurs are good, but likely not good enough to defeat a stacked Miami Heat team featuring three Dream Teamers who opted to create their unit from scratch and surround themselves with the best three point shooter of all-time alongside willing and effective role players.

I think San Antonio can win, but I feel the odds have greatly been in Miami's favor since 2010. I admit it is sometimes frustrating to hear "experts" pick against Miami in previous seasons, as it threatens to lend credence to the notion that they're somehow not capable of winning multiple rings without even really needing to play to the best of their abilities.

I was always a fan of LeBron James, but I do not support the manner with which this team came together. As someone who thoroughly enjoys competition, I'd prefer it if championships were not as easy as friends getting together in a neutral location, playing pretty well, and more or less walking into the NBA finals for as long as they're together.

But on the other side, I do not blame fans of one of those individual players (or the Miami Heat themselves) from enjoying the experience.

Sarcastic
05-22-2014, 01:07 PM

So a team that loses 2 straight finals is historically good? Utah 97 & 98 must be historically good too.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 01:11 PM
So a team that loses 2 straight finals is historically good? Utah 97 & 98 must be historically good too.

I don't think they are historically good for the record. But were you around for 2012 when the Spurs were getting compared to all time great teams by some analysts? Or last year when people were arguing they were unbeatable. Let's not change the narrative the last few years about the Spurs. They get talked up as some type of unbeatable machine. And when they lose people sugarcoat it by saying they were old/overachievers. I don't think they are historically great. I think they are a well-oiled/incredibly balanced team. But they aren't going to beat Miami.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 01:12 PM
I think it's tough to throw the entire board all into one camp. I believe there's many of us here who believe the Spurs are good, but likely not good enough to defeat a stacked Miami Heat team featuring three Dream Teamers who opted to create their unit from scratch and surround themselves with the best three point shooter of all-time alongside willing and effective role players.

I think San Antonio can win, but I feel the odds have greatly been in Miami's favor since 2010. I admit it is sometimes frustrating to hear "experts" pick against Miami in previous seasons, as it threatens to lend credence to the notion that they're somehow not capable of winning multiple rings without even really needing to play to the best of their abilities.

I was always a fan of LeBron James, but I do not support the manner with which this team came together. As someone who thoroughly enjoys competition, I'd prefer it if championships were not as easy as friends getting together in a neutral location, playing pretty well, and more or less walking into the NBA finals for as long as they're together.

But on the other side, I do not blame fans of one of those individual players (or the Miami Heat themselves) from enjoying the experience.

I can respect this take. :applause:

BuffaloBill
05-22-2014, 01:14 PM
I think it's tough to throw the entire board all into one camp. I believe there's many of us here who believe the Spurs are good, but likely not good enough to defeat a stacked Miami Heat team featuring three Dream Teamers who opted to create their unit from scratch and surround themselves with the best three point shooter of all-time alongside willing and effective role players.

I agree. The Heat have been the favorites to win the championship every year since 2010.

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 01:25 PM

You're not fooling anyone with this shit you clown. If/when the ghost of Tim Duncan sweeps lehairline under the rug, 7 years after the last time he did, a couple of weeks after an equally geriatric Dallas squad pushed them to 7... You'll point out that everyone was claiming the spurs were historically good... When no one ever called them that. Literally no one.

Solefade
05-22-2014, 01:29 PM
oh so the "weak competition" excuse is not only restricted to the eastern conference, it has also spread to the western conference teams now that it looks like heat will make it to the finals and meet the spurs who got taken to 7 in the first round :lol

obvious agendas are obvious

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
You're not fooling anyone with this shit you clown. If/when the ghost of Tim Duncan sweeps lehairline under the rug, 7 years after the last time he did, a couple of weeks after an equally geriatric Dallas squad pushed them to 7... You'll point out that everyone was claiming the spurs were historically good... When no one ever called them that. Literally no one.

You're trying too hard. And funny part is you calling Duncan a "ghost" is your way of hating on this era, while propping up Jordan. Do you know how insecure you sound right now? You can't even properly address the topic at hand because Jordan has got his hand up your p.ussy :oldlol: You throwing out terms like geriatric, ghosts, etc are just cop outs you will use if/when Miami beats them. I flat out have said I don't think they are an all time great team, nor do I see them beating Miami in a Finals series. But that doesn't the fact you got analysts and people on tv talking about how great his Spurs team. We heard it in 2012, and we heard in 2013. That point was being made in regards to not falling for the typical shit we hear about the Spurs every year. You won't hear excuses from me, because I would be shocked if Miami lost. Sorry for schooling your ass, but it was for the best. I would say class dismissed, but you wouldn't get the reference.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 01:37 PM
oh so the "weak competition" excuse is not only restricted to the eastern conference, it has also spread to the western conference teams now that it looks like heat will make it there and cus spurs got taken to 7 in the first round :lol

obvious agendas are obvious

:oldlol:

Loving how LeBron haters in this thread are avoiding the facts like the plague. Haven't seen this much deflection in awhile. :eek:

Dresta
05-22-2014, 01:40 PM
So the Spurs weren't good in 2013 despite playing in a conference that is stacked and losing only 2 games until the finals?

Pretty much every post i see of yours is delusional, sardonic and annoying. You need to get to grips with reality buddy. Have some ****ing consistency for once.

Solefade
05-22-2014, 01:42 PM
So the Spurs weren't good in 2013 despite playing in a conference that is stacked and losing only 2 games until the finals?

Pretty much every post i see of yours is delusional, sardonic and annoying. You need to get to grips with reality buddy. Have some ****ing consistency for once.

droid is easily the worst poster on this forum, the sad part is that he tries really hard to be a good poster :oldlol:

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 01:46 PM
the same thing people are going to say if/when the heat lose; they were out played by a better team. simple as that

And once again, the whole point of you making this thread is to save face. sure, youre saying you think the heat are going to win. but if they dont, you can cite this thread as to why they didnt. that you claim the spurs are a "historically good team". but the only reason you even pretend to acknowledge that, is to give yourself an excuse for the heat losing. which deep down inside, youre deathly afraid of

were not retarded on this site. your ploys are obvious

I'm saying... This thread is an insult to everyone's intelligence. And he has the nerve to talk about obvious agenda. Funny he wrote this up a few hrs after the AARP smacked the MVP around to the tune of a 30+ point stomping. He decided to take out spurs ass whooping insurance even though Miami hasn't even played game 3 of the ECF yet.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm saying... This thread is an insult to everyone's intelligence. And he has the nerve to talk about obvious agenda. Funny he wrote this up a few hrs after the AARP smacked the MVP around to the tune of a 30+ point stomping. He decided to take out spurs ass whooping insurance even though Miami hasn't even played game 3 of the ECF yet.

You really need to take those reading classes, Tyrone.

tpols
05-22-2014, 02:01 PM
I dont get the point of this thread.. in the title you personally assert that the spurs have been historically good for the past 3 years.. and you say they are the favorites, but you expect Miami to win easily??

So what you're essentially saying is that you believe Miami is even more stacked than a historically great team.. Wouldnt they be the ones with no excuses for losing then?

rhowen4
05-22-2014, 02:11 PM
it is funny how no matter how strong the spurs look at some point the last few years, something obscure always happen to make them look completely different. i'm not even sure that's a good reason to bet against them (head says no, heart says yes).

Solefade
05-22-2014, 02:12 PM
I dont get the point of this thread.. in the title you personally assert that the spurs have been historically good for the past 3 years.. and you say they are the favorites, but you expect Miami to win easily??

So what you're essentially saying is that you believe Miami is even more stacked than a historically great team.. Wouldnt they be the ones with no excuses for losing then?

reading comprehension isn't strong in this one

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 02:14 PM
You really need to take those reading classes, Tyrone.

Suck my dick you clown. No need to act like a pouty little bitch just because you got your ho card pulled. Next time try to make it less obvious.

Worry about the pacers and their concussed best player for now. If Miami meets the AARP all stars in the finals and Jesus is all out of miracles then I'll look forward to your thread comparing them to other 'historically good' teams like the '11 mavericks

fragokota
05-22-2014, 02:16 PM
If Spurs stay healthy they'll win the chip. They're better than last year and Miami worse

nightprowler10
05-22-2014, 02:16 PM

He's saying that everyone is calling the Spurs an historically great team but they'll be making excuses if/when they lose to Miami... which is a blatant lie because no one is calling them that. Basically these stans are putting all their eggs in the "repeat a lie often enough everyone starts believing it" basket.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Suck my dick you clown. No need to act like a pouty little bitch just because you got your ho card pulled. Next time try to make it less obvious.

Worry about the pacers and their concussed best player for now. If Miami meets the AARP all stars in the finals and Jesus is all out of miracles then I'll look forward to your thread comparing them to other 'historically good' teams like the '11 mavericks

Now you're starting to get noticeably upset over something said on the internet. Keep trying to sneak those built in excuses "AARP", "geriatric", "ghost", etc. You aren't slick, son. I don't need to worry about anything. Because I have the balls to actually say that Miami is going to take the series. But the rest of you cowards are going to hide behind "old" excuse when that happens. Glad to see you're starting early. Until the Finals, have fun jerking it to Space Jam and throwing on your old Champion made Jordan jersey once your shift at Arby's ends.

Milbuck
05-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Now you're starting to get noticeably upset over something said on the internet. Keep trying to sneak those built in excuses "AARP", "geriatric", "ghost", etc. You aren't slick, son. I don't need to worry about anything. Because I have the balls to actually say that Miami is going to take the series. But the rest of you cowards are going to hide behind "old" excuse when that happens. Glad to see you're starting early. Until the Finals, have fun jerking it to Space Jam and throwing on your old Champion made Jordan jersey once your shift at Arby's ends.
Are you gonna be here when Miami loses to them?

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Are you gonna be here when Miami loses to them?

Miami losing isn't going to happen. This Spurs team is going to do what they have done the last 3 postseasons. Choke. But I look forward to seeing how it gets sugarcoated this year. We are all supposed to respect and talk about how great the Spurs are. But when they lose it doesn't matter because they're old. Same shit every year.

zoom17
05-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Lat time the spurs won this guy was president.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/120/289107887_bd481fa57f_z.jpg

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 02:28 PM

Jimmies, meet Mr. Bill Rustle :lol

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Jimmies, meet Mr. Bill Rustle :lol

Just like I thought, you can't refute any of that. Y'all are too easy. :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
05-22-2014, 02:31 PM
A lot of historically great teams lose. Birds Celtics, Russells Celtics, Magics Lakers, Docs 76ers, Wilts 76ers and Lakers combined to lose what....15 times while still roughly the teams that are remembered as all time elite?

And not always to other teams on the list.

Historically great is not even close to the same thing as unbeatable.

GimmeThat
05-22-2014, 02:31 PM

I don't understand how they are the favorites. Or even understand how anyone could favor either team.

I guess they are the favorite in dethrowning the defending champ.

Spurs is about the only team out west that has great playoff experiences because of how "old" they are. Only when you factor in the "playoff" basketball age, Spurs advantages over the Heat diminishes by a lot in contrast to other teams they face.

The question really comes down to whether or not Pop can come up with something the Heat hasn't seen before, and utilize all of his tricks before they are figured out.

JustinJDW
05-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Obvious Agenda.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Obvious Agenda.

No agenda. I just want to know what the excuse will be if/when Spurs lose.

Purch
05-22-2014, 02:35 PM
The way I look at it, is anything after 2010 is just icing on the cake. After they got swept by the Suns everyone thought they were finished, but through unselfishness, great coaching and a great culture, they've been able to extend this run even longer.

JustinJDW
05-22-2014, 02:39 PM
No agenda. I just want to know what the excuse will be if/when Spurs lose.No such thing as excuses in professional sports. Teams loose because their opponent scored more points than them on that day.

r0drig0lac
05-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Spurs do not need to make excuses, the team 2x reigning champions, and has the world's best player of the last five years in their prime need is to make excuses in case of defeat, the Heat is automatically a favorite against anyone. But if SA had Duncan prime rather than an old Duncan, the Spurs have swept the Heat in 2013 and sweep this year no doubt, lol, if Duncan gets a superstar and an all star in the season 99-00 shaq would be ringless

DJ Leon Smith
05-22-2014, 02:52 PM
So they must be a lock to win all, right?

Nope because LeBron isn't good enough to be a lock to beat an old, overrated team. He might get outscored by a Jason Terry-level player again

Derka
05-22-2014, 02:55 PM
So if the Heat lose, you totally won't be one of the people making "Refs rigged it against the Heat" threads.

Right?

Cos no excuses.

All Net
05-22-2014, 02:59 PM
This is the thing

Spurs big 3 are old but the rest aren

Boarder Patrol
05-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Slight favorites to win it all IMO.

The-Legend-24
05-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Spurs and Duncan get more passes than any team/player, ever.

Just imagine had LeGOAT missed that point black layup with the game on the line? He would be crucified to no end.

LeBron >> Duncan, btw.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Spurs and Duncan get more passes than any team/player, ever.

Just imagine had LeGOAT missed that point black layup with the game on the line? He would be crucified to no end.

LeBron >> Duncan, btw.

No doubt. No idea how that was swept under the rug the way it was. Huge choke

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2014, 04:53 PM
You're not fooling anyone with this shit you clown.

You don't see this guy mad alot but I guess Silkk broke another one :lol

You're trying too hard. And funny part is you calling Duncan a "ghost" is your way of hating on this era, while propping up Jordan. Do you know how insecure you sound right now? You can't even properly address the topic at hand because Jordan has got his hand up your p.ussy :oldlol: You throwing out terms like geriatric, ghosts, etc are just cop outs you will use if/when Miami beats them. I flat out have said I don't think they are an all time great team, nor do I see them beating Miami in a Finals series. But that doesn't the fact you got analysts and people on tv talking about how great his Spurs team. We heard it in 2012, and we heard in 2013. That point was being made in regards to not falling for the typical shit we hear about the Spurs every year. You won't hear excuses from me, because I would be shocked if Miami lost. Sorry for schooling your ass, but it was for the best. I would say class dismissed, but you wouldn't get the reference.

:eek: Don Dadda taking the L? Silkkster *bow

JUDGE WITNESS
05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Who is making excuses? I fully believe Miami will beat them. Do yourself a favor and use your free time to learn how to read, f.ag boy.
:lol

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 05:12 PM

Dude got absolutely destroyed. Probably taking his anger out on some poor customer's Big Mac at McDonalds :oldlol:

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 05:18 PM

You nigguhs are smoking that good shit if you thought I caught feelings over this bullshit :lol

How exactly did I take an 'L'? Dude thought he was slick but got exposed for what he was doing. I would love to see who exactly has been calling the Spurs 'Historically good' these past 3 years. Honestly haven't seen anyone outside of the OP claim that.

If anything, they're always written off as too old and underestimated every season since '07. But please, show me some quotes.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2014, 05:22 PM
You nigguhs are smoking that good shit if you thought I caught feelings over this bullshit :lol

How exactly did I take an 'L'? Dude thought he was slick but got exposed for what he was doing. I would love to see who exactly has been calling the Spurs 'Historically good' these past 3 years. Honestly haven't seen anyone outside of the OP claim that.

If anything, they're always written off as too old and underestimated every season since '07. But please, show me some quotes.

Dude, just go watch some ****in' game reviews man... everyone is calling this team an epically well oiled machine. The fact you called this team "senior citizens" was ridiculous, and way off base for your standarts.. just stop it, take the L and move on like a man.

Again, let me get this... They are right now, steamrolling through one of the most loaded conferences of ALL TIME... Im sure we can agree on that, right? So how does that work? Why are they beasting through it? Here's the part where I actually disagree with Silkk, Id take it a step further... I DO think this team is epically loaded. You get good contributions from EVERYONE. No player where you're like "ohh no, coach let him in the game".. they are destroying the best conference in recent memory.

mehyaM24
05-22-2014, 05:25 PM

says the obsessed jordan occultist that hates every superstar in the league.

you're clearly upset, Terrell :oldlol:

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Dude, just go watch some ****in' game reviews man... everyone is calling this team an epically well oiled machine. The fact you called this team "senior citizens" was ridiculous, and way off base for your standarts.. just stop it, take the L and move on like a man.

From just a couple of Weeks Ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzJl8lQhCx4)

Now, go ahead and show me where ANYONE called these Spurs a Historically good team. I'll wait.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 05:26 PM

Nothing to be exposed. Flat out stated Miami would beat them. Having an agenda would have been me saying Heat would be underdogs in a series. Which I don't agree with, considering Miami is the back to back champs and healthy. I just want to know what the excuse will be for the Spurs when they lose. Considering many on here and analysts feel they should be the favorites. But whenever they lose they get the "old" excuse. You can't have it both ways. This is why reading comprehension is important. You Jordan stans got jumpy over threads saying this Spurs team was better then anyone the Bulls played in the 90s. And it's had serious carry over effect in other threads.

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Nothing to be exposed. Flat out stated Miami would beat them. Having an agenda would have been me saying Heat would be underdogs in a series. Which I don't agree with, considering Miami is the back to back champs and healthy. I just want to know what the excuse will be for the Spurs when they lose. Considering many on here and analysts feel they should be the favorites. But whenever they lose they get the "old" excuse. You can't have it both ways. This is why reading comprehension is important. You Jordan stans got jumpy over threads saying this Spurs team was better then anyone the Bulls played in the 90s. And it's had serious carry over effect in other threads.

Who the hell said this? :oldlol:

And if the Spurs lose, they lose. Who said they need 'excuses'? What was the Heat's excuse for losing in '11 while being the clear favorites?

Solefade
05-22-2014, 05:29 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/holy-sht.gif

DAAYYMNN

RIP CITY
05-22-2014, 05:29 PM
The Miami Heat are still the odds on favorites to win the Title in my opinion. I don't believe anyone can beat Miami if Wade is healthy. I will admit that part of the reason I think Miami will beat San Antonio is because of the Spurs age but at the end of the day, Miami is just the best team in the NBA period with a healthy D-Wade. At least until proven otherwise.

I hate how the Heat came together, I think it cheapens the game, I think it devalues competition, I think they took the easiest path to win but let's face it, I can't blame them for doing it. You always want to give yourself the best chance to win in sports, that's what they did. I don't have to like it but I have to live with it.

mehyaM24
05-22-2014, 05:30 PM
the spurs are a great ****ing team. honestly miami losing to them wouldnt be an upset.....idk what the hell you clowns are smoking.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2014, 05:31 PM
For the record: I really don't see a way Miami beats SA... I would be shocked if they did. And while I had doubts about Miami winning in 2012, this time I'm much more selled on the opponent.

Spurs are younger, more consistent, deeper, flat out better than last year...
while the Heat went the wrong direction. Selled Miller, everyone else got older. This team needs a fresh kick of youth&physicality, and im looking at Allen/Lewis/Battier.

Hopefully Jones/Battier/Lewis are in for a great 3 point shooting series, although I don't expect much from Lewis.
Wade must stay this way... sitting him in the RS has paid off.
LeBron will definitely be better than last year, he will literally need to go god mode every game.
Here's the deal: I KNOW he could... I just doubt his head would allow him to. Hes too unselfish at times to be shooting 25+ a game. Which against the Spurs, may be what they need.

I'd be stoked and surprised if MIA does somehow win.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2014, 05:32 PM
From just a couple of Weeks Ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzJl8lQhCx4)

Now, go ahead and show me where ANYONE called these Spurs a Historically good team. I'll wait.

Dude, that was in the MIDST OF THE 1ST ROUND.... :facepalm :banghead:

They have looked WAY different since then.. gosh, like talking to a Kobe fan.

DaSeba5
I don't need to make excuses. I just think the Spurs are the better team with HCA. They have Miami's weaknesses and play terrific team ball. Miami would need a huge series from everyone to win.

mehyaM24
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/holy-sht.gif

DAAYYMNN

dota stays taking L's man. i remember when his master, fatal, used to make him write paragraphs. shit was hilarious! :oldlol:

Dr Seuss
Again, let me get this... They are right now, steamrolling through one of the most loaded conferences of ALL TIME..

i wouldnt say they are steamrolling through the most loaded conference.

vs mavs - long 7 game series. but ultimately, the spurs outplayed them

vs blazers - didnt have a shot from the getgo, in my opinion. while the blazers do you a nice starting line up, they are still inexperienced and lack a consistent bench. losing mo williams the last few games didnt help their cause either

vs thunder - with the news that ibaka was out for the playoffs, all hope for the thunder was lost because they dont have a rim protector, nor anyone to slow down duncan and his high post passing, or his low post presence.

overall, the matchups have been in favor for the spurs. not so much that they just steam rolled the competetion.

JUDGE WITNESS
You Jordan stans got jumpy over threads saying this Spurs team was better then anyone the Bulls played in the 90s. And it's had serious carry over effect in other threads.

exposed :lol silk goin to work in this thread

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Who the hell said this? :oldlol:

And if the Spurs lose, they lose. Who said they need 'excuses'? What was the Heat's excuse for losing in '11 while being the clear favorites?

For a second I thought we were talking about the potential 2014 Finals. No one is making excuses for 2011. But who is talking about it? Deflecting about something else is making you look even worse. The 11 Heat had no excuses. The Spurs on the other hand get hyped up every year, and when they choke it gets swept under the rug. Backdoor swept in 2012, one of the biggest Finals meltdowns ever last year, etc. It's 2014 and they are getting the same hype they have in the past. I just want to know how LeBron haters will sugarcoat it when they lose again.

Dr Seuss
05-22-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't need to make excuses. I just think the Spurs are the better team with HCA. They have Miami's weaknesses and play terrific team ball. Miami would need a huge series from everyone to win.

understandable. but all season long, heat fans, as well as the rest of the civil, non-agenda driven posters, have argued that the heat are the favorites and will continue to be so, until another team hoists that nba championship trophy up at season end.

so any miami fan saying that spurs are the favorites, sounds more like a half glass empty plea, than anything else.

DaSeba5
05-22-2014, 05:46 PM
understandable. but all season long, heat fans, as well as the rest of the civil, non-agenda driven posters, have argued that the heat are the favorites and will continue to be so, until another team hoists that nba championship trophy up at season end.

so any miami fan saying that spurs are the favorites, sounds more like a half glass empty plea, than anything else.

I live in the present. It's a new year. Miami's bench is weaker and their old tired legs were apparent all season long when they were extremely inconsistent, especially on defense. Miami's bench has still been a major problem and Bosh continues to struggle in the playoffs against bigger teams. Miami still can win the title, but the Spurs have been the best team with the best coach and the best bench in the league all season. They took Miami to 7 and now they have HCA.

So you can take it how you want, but I wouldn't call Miami the favorites from what I've seen all season. I still think Miami can win though.

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Dude, that was in the MIDST OF THE 1ST ROUND.... :facepalm :banghead:

Type into any search engine these words: 'Spurs old' or 'Spurs boring', then count up how many results you get.

Then type in 'Spurs historically good/great' and come back here with the results from the past 3 years.

You claimed I took an L when the OP claimed people are calling the Spurs historically good... so go ahead and show me where ANYONE (besides the OP) claimed that.

Again, I'll wait. Then we'll tally up the W/L column.

For a second I thought we were talking about the potential 2014 Finals. No one is making excuses for 2011. But who is talking about it? Deflecting about something else is making you look even worse. The 11 Heat had no excuses. The Spurs on the other hand get hyped up every year, and when they choke it gets swept under the rug. Backdoor swept in 2012, one of the biggest Finals meltdowns ever last year, etc. It's 2014 and they are getting the same hype they have in the past. I just want to know how LeBron haters will sugarcoat it when they lose again.

Again... by whom exactly? Every year since '07, especially after Duncan's production plummeted after his knee issues, the rap on the Spurs has been that they're too old, can't deal with athletic teams, etc. Show me where anyone in the past 3 off-seasons picked the Spurs to win it all. Show me where, as you claim, people are calling this iteration of the Spurs an all time great team.

You can collaborate with your boy above, see what you can come up with :cheers:

i remember when his master, fatal, used to make him write paragraphs. shit was hilarious!

The irony! :oldlol:

Dude retired because I clowned him on a regular basis. He used to PM me begging me to lay off him. I'll see if I have any archived in my inbox. Waddington (Fatal's real name BTW, in case you didn't know) was my whipping boy for years before he quit.

DonDadda59
05-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Easy fellas... one at a time (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T2l15bKMZk)

Call Waddington maybe... see if he can help you.

http://danielbarrett10.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/l_468_337_30efeccf-4783-4991-a392-e30b05117619.jpeg

ArbitraryWater
05-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Easy fellas... one at a time (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T2l15bKMZk)

Call Waddington maybe... see if he can help you.

http://danielbarrett10.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/l_468_337_30efeccf-4783-4991-a392-e30b05117619.jpeg

classic thread of fatal playing with the don

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176414&page=7