PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs need to save the NBA

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Im tired of superstars picking and choosing where they want to go
No more shortcuts.

Tim Duncan and co. will restore the integrity back into the league and end the "super team" era. Everyone raise your hands and give him your energy so he can spirit bomb the Heat in the Finals

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 12:34 PM
How can they save the NBA when no one wants to watch them play? Look at their Finals ratings. Only reason anyone watched last year was because of Miami.

CelticBaller
Damn right

$LakerGold
Yes. I hope he'll put the 'energy' to good use & not by smacking the floor.

Lol jk jk. Love ya Timmy.

Kukoc
Go Spurs Go

Come on Spurs get that title

tmacattack33
05-22-2014, 12:36 PM
No more shortcuts.

Tim Duncan and co. will restore the integrity back into the league and end the "super team" era. Everyone raise your hands and give him your energy so he can spirit bomb the Heat in the Finals

The Spurs are where they are because they tanked and ended up with Tim Duncan.

I'm not sure how that is any better than 2 unrestricted free agents deciding that they wanted to sign for the same team.

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 12:38 PM

I'm not sure how that is any better than 2 unrestricted free agents deciding that they wanted to sign for the same team.

Dumbest post of the day

fpliii
05-22-2014, 12:38 PM
No more shortcuts.

Maybe you're watching the wrong sport then. :confusedshrug:

It's a stars league. This shit has been going on for decades.

Lebron23
05-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Miami will smack them again if they meet in the finals this year they are dominating a team missing it's best interior defender.

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Maybe you're watching the wrong sport then. :confusedshrug:

It's a stars league. This shit has been going on for decades.

Give me 10 examples of LeColluding in 5 different sports

fpliii
05-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Give me 10 examples of LeColluding in 5 different sports
I didn't mention other sports. I'm speaking about the NBA alone.

Marchesk
05-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Miami will smack them again if they meet in the finals this year they are dominating a team missing it's best interior defender.

A Ray Allen 3 was "smacking" them? You realize your team should have lost that game. The Spurs choked it away.

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 12:42 PM
I didn't mention other sports. I'm speaking about the NBA alone.

So you admit the NBA is superteam league? Thats my point! TD needs to restore order.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 12:43 PM
A Ray Allen 3 was "smacking" them? You realize your team should have lost that game. The Spurs choked it away.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....

Lebron23
05-22-2014, 12:44 PM

This

fpliii
So you admit the NBA is superteam league? Thats my point! TD needs to restore order.
But how is it "restoring" order if it's been going on since the 50s or 60s? The NBA has always been this way.

BigBoss

So the Spurs success against OKC is a direct correlation for why Miami will beat the Spurs. I take it back, this is now the dumbest post of the day

Marchesk

Where were you after that game 1 loss to Indiana? People were asking ...

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 12:45 PM
But how is it "restoring" order if it's been going on since the 50s or 60s? The NBA has always been this way.
LeColliding and its ripple effects have been going on since 2010.

SilkkTheShocker
05-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Where were you after that game 1 loss to Indiana? People were asking ...

I was banned half way through the Bucks/Heat series. Nice deflection though

Lebron23
05-22-2014, 12:47 PM
You are a Kobetard. Just relax and watch the heat take care of business.

Kukoc
05-22-2014, 12:50 PM

Coulda, woulda, shoulda

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 12:50 PM

Dawg your name is Lebron23 :lol

Marlo_Stanfield
05-22-2014, 12:54 PM
inb4 LeBron 35 PPG on 50%:applause: :applause:

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 12:59 PM
inb4 LeBron 35 PPG on 50%:applause: :applause:

:roll: not happening lebrons declined

swagga
05-22-2014, 01:13 PM
No more shortcuts.

the nba should save itself from incompetent GMs. Cleveland couldn't build a team around lebron and still hasn't got a decent team after 5 top 5 picks in 3 years. How can a franchise be so incompetent??!?!
I swear to god it looks like gilbert's retarded son is running the entire operation.

If you gave san antonio those picks they would be set for 10 years.

red1
05-22-2014, 01:19 PM
op shed tears the last two nba finals and he is sick and tired of it

Ne 1
05-22-2014, 01:22 PM

If ever LBJ change his mind by signing with a Big Market team in the 2010 Season.

I am still supporting the Cleveland Cavaliers because this is my favorite team since 2002, when they drafted Dajuan Wagner as the 6th overall pick in the NBA Draft.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1571505&postcount=13

LeBron is gonna win an NBA Championship someday. I am still a Cavaliers fan even if LeBron sign with the Bulls, Knicks, or Nets.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4368410&postcount=4

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls are my 2 favorite teams in the NBA.

Just look at my avatar.

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3235308&postcount=62

r15mohd
05-22-2014, 01:56 PM

are you Lebron23's #1 fan or something...you post an awful lot about him, and also having a log of his posts readily as you do above doesn't help you denying it :confusedshrug:

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 02:03 PM

:applause:

And Lebron23 pulls the LeHoudini in this thread

BigBoss
05-22-2014, 02:06 PM
are you Lebron23's #1 fan or something...you post an awful lot about him, and also having a log of his posts readily as you do above doesn't help you denying it :confusedshrug:

You do realize you sound like lebron23's #1 fan

pegasus
05-22-2014, 02:07 PM
No you weren't. You were posting all kinds of BS until the first game of ECF.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/419891524802187264/YIvETZMe.jpeg

Dengness9
05-22-2014, 02:13 PM

You mean when David Robinson played 6 games due to injury and they were led by 37 year old Dom Wilkins averaging 18ppg and second best player Sean Elliot who only appeared in 39 games averaging 15 ppg?

Stop posting. Thank you

Dengness9
05-22-2014, 02:15 PM
No you weren't. You were posting all kinds of BS until the first game of ECF.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/419891524802187264/YIvETZMe.jpeg

Good Ol' Heat007!!!! Is this also Sillk?

I knew it was this Michael Sam wannabe bandwagoner! CLASSIC:roll: :lol :oldlol:

Unbiased_one
05-22-2014, 02:35 PM

The spurs are pretty much the definition of a superTEAM.

SpanishACB
05-22-2014, 02:39 PM
No more shortcuts.

that's not the issue

the issue is deep in nba's nature in that in most teams the figure of the coach is completely secondary to the franchise player or in many cases players.
this is more prevalent in good teams, that rely on the so called superstar players to carry their stat load.

popovich is agreat coach in his own right but there's plenty of coaches with similar approach and discipline that simply put do not get a chance in the NBA and when they do many times it ends wrongly because there's a chemistry issue with the team's resident superstar that many times escalates to players not even doing what the coach says or the coach having to adapt to a secondary role in which he just runs practices and players play their thing.

if nba stars allowed themselves to be coached and coaches took this initiative to play team ball some of the top teams would be playing amazing basketball because they already have the tools to do so.

r0drig0lac
05-22-2014, 03:44 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/lebron.jpg

rmt
05-22-2014, 04:01 PM
that's not the issue

the issue is deep in nba's nature in that in most teams the figure of the coach is completely secondary to the franchise player or in many cases players.
this is more prevalent in good teams, that rely on the so called superstar players to carry their stat load.

popovich is agreat coach in his own right but there's plenty of coaches with similar approach and discipline that simply put do not get a chance in the NBA and when they do many times it ends wrongly because there's a chemistry issue with the team's resident superstar that many times escalates to players not even doing what the coach says or the coach having to adapt to a secondary role in which he just runs practices and players play their thing.

if nba stars allowed themselves to be coached and coaches took this initiative to play team ball some of the top teams would be playing amazing basketball because they already have the tools to do so.

Agreed. SAS works because their "stars" aren't concerned about their stats and emphasize team ball. Sometimes I wonder if it's because they're foreigners - who usually tend to be less about "me, me, me" and more about "team, team, team." It's difficult here in the US - anyone who's halfway good is targeted from they're very young with enticement of endorsements, etc, - told how great they are, etc. SAS's big 3 certainly didn't grow up (teen years) with this.

Other coaches than Pop - e.g. Bud at ATL - are using the "sharing" and movement philosophy - look how well ATL did without their best player despite the lack of talent - IIRC, they were #1 in NBA in assists.

SAS is not out of the woods until they've won 4 games vs OKC. I've seen this story before 2 years ago when OKC suddenly became a passing demon themselves. Of course, it's a bit different this year because no Harden and no Ibaka, but every team can do and there are lots of teams out there with more talent than SAS - all they need is for the stars to buy in and be coachable/disciplined - but some care too much about their stats and numbers.

AirFederer
05-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Team ball beats iso ball :bowdown:

It's just beautiful.

Lakers Legend#32
05-22-2014, 04:16 PM
The Spurs won't save the NBA. They will put everyone to sleep. ZZZZzzzzz.

diamenz
05-22-2014, 08:00 PM
The Spurs won't save the NBA. They will put everyone to sleep. ZZZZzzzzz.

what exactly is exciting/fun for you and all of the other folks who think the spurs are a bore?

i mean, it must be just iso ball and embarrassing fast break fails; because it's not great passing, off ball movement, great coaching and high percentage shooting that the team works the entire clock for.

i'm seriously asking.

DaSeba5
05-22-2014, 08:07 PM
The NBA needs so much saving that we've had one of the best Finals last year and one of the best playoffs this year. Miami generates a lot of interest whether you hate them or love them, which means money and ratings. The NBA is doing very well.

poido123
05-22-2014, 08:13 PM

How many bans have you Had?

Shouldn't that tell you Something? :oldlol:

poido123
05-22-2014, 08:18 PM
The NBA needs so much saving that we've had one of the best Finals last year and one of the best playoffs this year. Miami generates a lot of interest whether you hate them or love them, which means money and ratings. The NBA is doing very well.

And when Miami finishes it's run, what has the nba got Then? People are only watching to see them lose.

People want to see the nba return to some kind of order, colluding teams is not what people want.

DaSeba5
05-22-2014, 08:22 PM
And when Miami finishes it's run, what has the nba got Then? People are only watching to see them lose.

People want to see the nba return to some kind of order, colluding teams is not what people want.

Colluding team? Besides that nonsense that keeps being thrown around, the NBA has always had stacked teams. Jordan won 6 times in one decade. He probably could have won more if he didn't quit to play baseball. The Celtics dominated the 60s. The Celtics and Lakers dominated the 80s. Did people get tired of them? You want the NBA to return to what? The Lakers winning more titles? What is different now than before?

poido123
05-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Colluding team? Besides that nonsense that keeps being thrown around, the NBA has always had stacked teams. Jordan won 6 times in one decade. He probably could have won more if he didn't quit to play baseball. The Celtics dominated the 60s. The Celtics and Lakers dominated the 80s. Did people get tired of them? You want the NBA to return to what? The Lakers winning more titles? What is different now than before?

This is the usual defense when colluding is brought up.

No team has gone about it the way the heat have. No one.

DaSeba5
05-22-2014, 08:32 PM
This is the usual defense when colluding is brought up.

No team has gone about it the way the heat have. No one.

That's because the media has never been this big. Free Agency has never been this popular. The scrutiny of a player and the questions of where they are going -all the rumors- is constantly a story 24/7. It's a different era. We all agree it was handled wrong, but you can't compare this NBA to the NBA of the 80s.

poido123
05-22-2014, 08:44 PM
That's because the media has never been this big. Free Agency has never been this popular. The scrutiny of a player and the questions of where they are going -all the rumors- is constantly a story 24/7. It's a different era. We all agree it was handled wrong, but you can't compare this NBA to the NBA of the 80s.

There's nothing wrong with saying that they colluded but I still support them because they are my team before that all happened.

I just hope for the nbas sake that it restores some order to this. Otherwise we will have super teams dominating the league, we want more parity. We want to see a true star carry his team and win chips on the back of greatness, not stacking the team to make it nearly unbeatable.

DaSeba5
05-22-2014, 08:50 PM
There's nothing wrong with saying that they colluded but I still support them because they are my team before that all happened.

I just hope for the nbas sake that it restores some order to this. Otherwise we will have super teams dominating the league, we want more parity. We want to see a true star carry his team and win chips on the back of greatness, not stacking the team to make it nearly unbeatable.

There hasn't been party in the NBA in a quarter of a century. You keep giving me the typical dumb rhetoric I hear from other people, but you keep forgetting how stacked past title teams were. The only difference is that those players came to the stars instead. But, those teams drafted well and did a great job building a great team around their franchise player. What did Cleveland do? LeBron gave them 7 years and they never gave him another all-star level player. They never had a great team around him and who was his coach? Mike Brown? As you can see, years after LeBron left, they have had 3 #1 picks and they still can't win. They've fired multiple coaches within that span. Does that sound like a franchise you want to be part of?

LeBron did the right thing. Imagine if he stayed and never won a title up until this point? Do you really think his career would be better off right now or do you think 2 Final MVPs and 2 MVPs in Miami is better for his career among the greats?

poido123
05-22-2014, 08:57 PM
There hasn't been party in the NBA in a quarter of a century. You keep giving me the typical dumb rhetoric I hear from other people, but you keep forgetting how stacked past title teams were. The only difference is that those players came to the stars instead. But, those teams drafted well and did a great job building a great team around their franchise player. What did Cleveland do? LeBron gave them 7 years and they never gave him another all-star level player. They never had a great team around him and who was his coach? Mike Brown? As you can see, years after LeBron left, they have had 3 #1 picks and they still can't win. They've fired multiple coaches within that span. Does that sound like a franchise you want to be part of?

LeBron did the right thing. Imagine if he stayed and never won a title up until this point? Do you really think his career would be better of right now or do you think 2 Final MVPs and 2 MVPs in Miami would be better for him?

I don't know, i respect loyalty more than winning. The stacked teams you're talking about didn't have superstars join other superstars of the game. Perhaps Kareem joining Magic? That's about it.

DaSeba5
05-22-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't know, i respect loyalty more than winning. The stacked teams you're talking about didn't have superstars join other superstars of the game. Perhaps Kareem joining Magic? That's about it.

Like I said, it's different now. FA is a bigger factor now. Players have more of a say. It's a different era. Plus Cleveland failed LeBron. How much loyalty would you give your employer if you were really unhappy of the company's dysfunction?

Well you hate one of the most loyal franchises in the NBA then. Miami's franchise is a big family. Past players, coaches, and executives are still part of the franchise and have been for years. Besides the big 3, name a time where Miami is known to be notoriously disloyal?

But it's still a business and loyalty is not the most important thing. Players want money for their families and themselves, and they want to win too. You can't run a team expecting all of your players to have extreme loyalty. They understand it's a business too.