Fudge
05-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Andrew Bogut/Jermaine O'Neal
Kevin Love/Marreese Speights
Andre Iguodala/Draymond Green
Klay Thompson/Jordan Crawford
Stephen Curry/Steve Blake

:biggums:

Almost the perfect starting 5. Good defensive anchors to cover up Love's and Curry's suspect D in Bogut and Iggy. Klay is also a great defender. Rebounding will be no problem. And shooters....everywhere.

BRUH...

OKC-GSW finna duke it out for the next thousands of years.

Akrazotile
05-22-2014, 02:54 PM
I was told this roster wouldn't be able to even make the playoffs without the Preacha Man doe :confusedshrug:

Fudge
05-22-2014, 02:55 PM
I was told this roster wouldn't be able to even make the playoffs without the Preacha Man doe :confusedshrug:
BRUH...

D-FENS
05-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Straight trade for David Lee and Harrison Barnes :roll:

All Net
05-22-2014, 03:12 PM
and how will they get him exactly?

JTatStarranch
05-22-2014, 03:15 PM
How are they going to get points in the paint? You do know that is the only proven way to win in basketball consistently.

Fudge
05-22-2014, 03:16 PM
and how will they get him exactly?
David Lee, Harrison Barnes, and a draft pick, my sources say.

TheMarkMadsen
05-22-2014, 03:18 PM
I traded for love in 2k as the warriors and we 3peated

Jameerthefear
05-22-2014, 03:21 PM
OP trying to make excuses for if the Warriors get him. They aren't btw

RIP CITY
05-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Not enough defense to be Championship favorites but they would most certainly be a better team.

Inferno
05-22-2014, 03:25 PM

Pls

Fudge
05-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Pls
"Pls" as in "please happen" or "pls" as in "n!gga please"?

Inferno
05-22-2014, 03:28 PM
"Pls" as in "please happen" or "pls" as in "n!gga please"?

Please happen, brah

bdreason
05-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Blake and O'Neil are free agents. Green would most likely have to be included in the trade.

rhowen4
05-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Not enough defense to be Championship favorites but they would most certainly be a better team.
So they would go from 3rd defensively in the RS to "not enough" by removing Lee, inserting Love?

VengefulAngel
05-22-2014, 03:35 PM
are these the same sources that told you Ibaka wasn't going to miss a game?

You live in bullshit mountain....:facepalm

Brujesino
05-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Wolves want Klay Thompson, Warriors management do not want to trade Klay.

Lee,Barnes,2015 1st round pick,maybe a filler like nedovic or festus

for Love,schved

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mxh7xh3

something along those lines.

Could also be without the fillers

TheMarkMadsen
05-22-2014, 03:43 PM
I would give up Lee, Klay & Barnes if I had too.

You will never win in this league primarily being a jump shooting team.

Love/Curry would be a deadly combo. Iggy would be the perfect compliment.

bdreason
05-22-2014, 03:52 PM
No way we give up Thompson. Klay is going to be a top 5 SG in this league for the next decade.

While I would be willing to move Lee and Barnes for Love, that doesn't mean I think he's the answer. If anything, we need to shoot less jumpers, not more. Having a stretch PF isn't going to do shit when nobody else on the team attacks the paint... and I'd rather have Thompson and Curry shooting 3's than Kevin Love. :oldlol:

Milbuck
05-22-2014, 03:54 PM
I would give up Lee, Klay & Barnes if I had too.

You will never win in this league primarily being a jump shooting team.

Love/Curry would be a deadly combo. Iggy would be the perfect compliment.
Losing both wings would hurt a lot IMO. I would try to keep Barnes. It seems like Minny is going to demand Klay in the trade, and you gotta keep at least one young wing player. Slide Iggy to the 2 and start Barnes at the 3.

SwishSquared
05-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Love can score inside. If he were to be traded to GSW, I'm sure Kerr would run sets that gets him the ball inside. I do think that Barnes + Lee + future first is inadequate. Wolves would ask for Klay + Lee + Green + 1st rounder. I doubt any deal gets done sans Klay.

SwishSquared
05-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Losing both wings would hurt a lot IMO. I would try to keep Barnes. It seems like Minny is going to demand Klay in the trade, and you gotta keep at least one young wing player. Slide Iggy to the 2 and start Barnes at the 3.
Would you prefer to keep Green or Barnes if you were GSW? (assuming you have to give up Klay as part of the deal).

RIP CITY
05-22-2014, 04:00 PM
So they would go from 3rd defensively in the RS to "not enough" by removing Lee, inserting Love?

Apparently statistics can be very misleading, because I never viewed them as a Top 10 defensive team in the NBA. Just going by my own eye test, I didn't consider them that good of a defensive team. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but they definitely didn't look like a Championship level defense at any point this season and I don't think they would be if this Love trade went down. That's just how I see it.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 04:02 PM

There we go. That's what I like to hear.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Would you prefer to keep Green or Barnes if you were GSW? (assuming you have to give up Klay as part of the deal).

First of all, no thanks I'd rather not make the trade if we're losing Klay. Seriously.

Second, we're keeping Draymond :rockon: but still no deal if we're losing Klay. Love is not worth Klay, DLee, Barnes/Green, AND a pick.

D-Rose
05-22-2014, 04:06 PM
No they're not. Where's the defense? I could see them being the 4 seed.

TheMarkMadsen
05-22-2014, 04:09 PM

Maybe they could throw in a pick and keep Barnes

For those not wanting to give up Klay.. You have to ask yourself, is he a championship 2nd option on a team built around Steph Curry?

The answer is no, shooting guards RARELY lead teams to championships, before Jordan came a long it was unheard of to build a championship team around around a shooting guard. You just don't do it. For the warriors to build around Curry & Klay would basically be to build around 2 shooting guards.

You already have Curry, and every good GM knows that you need to pair a great guard with a great big man. They can't just rely on curry & Klay getting hot to win playoff games. Love would open up the game for curry, plus he can stretch the floor as well.

Curry & Love surrounded by defense and shooting is a legit contender IMO. Warriors already have two very good defensive wings in Iggy & Green. If they can upgrade their big man depth, they would be scary.

Inferno
05-22-2014, 04:10 PM

Green >> Barnes

SwishSquared
05-22-2014, 04:11 PM
First of all, no thanks I'd rather not make the trade if we're losing Klay. Seriously.

Second, we're keeping Draymond :rockon: but still no deal if we're losing Klay. Love is not worth Klay, DLee, Barnes/Green, AND a pick.
Warriors can't trade a first-round pick until like 2019 or 2020, so the pick's irrelevant for a long time. Warriors are not getting Love for Lee + Barnes + a pick that far down the line. They can, and will get, more from Boston and Chicago.

EDIT:

Green >> Barnes
I agree and expect the Wolves to ask for Green + Klay in any deal involving Lee.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Maybe they could throw in a pick and keep Barnes

For those not wanting to give up Klay.. You have to ask yourself, is he a championship 2nd option on a team built around Steph Curry?

The answer is no, shooting guards RARELY lead teams to championships, before Jordan came a long it was unheard of to build a championship team around around a shooting guard. You just don't do it. For the warriors to build around Curry & Klay would basically be to build around 2 shooting guards.

You already have Curry, and every good GM knows that you need to pair a great guard with a great big man. They can't just rely on curry & Klay getting hot to win playoff games. Love would open up the game for curry, plus he can stretch the floor as well.

Curry & Love surrounded by defense and shooting is a legit contender IMO. Warriors already have two very good defensive wings in Iggy & Green. If they can upgrade their big man depth, they would be scary.

Klay is a 2-way player. We're keeping him.

TheMarkMadsen
05-22-2014, 04:15 PM

It doesn't matter.

You don't build championship teams around 2 shooting guards.

Hell you don't build championship teams around guards

bdreason
05-22-2014, 04:17 PM

Klay probably isn't a championship 2nd option... but I don't think Love is either. The difference is we have Klay on the cheap for 2 more years... and Love is going to want a MAX extension immediately.

Let's be real honest, Curry probably isn't a championship caliber 1st option either... so we need to build our team differently than a team like the Heat or Thunder. That's the one reason I'm optimistic about the Kerr trade... because he's going to use a motion offense similar to what the Spurs use, instead of trying to ISO guys like Curry and Klay.

SwishSquared
05-22-2014, 04:19 PM
If you keep Klay, you're not getting Love. A trade of:
Klay + Barnes + Lee would likely get the deal done. Wouldn't be surprised if Minny dumps a contract in the trade (like Budinger). If they re-sign Blake & Crawford, gives GSW:

Curry-Iggy-Green-Love-Bogut
Blake-Crawford-Budinger-Speights-Ezeli

Also think they might have non-tax payer's MLE to get another big and wing player to shore up the bench. I think they have no draft picks, so it's imperative that they use their MLE wisely and that is a team that can make a really deep playoff run (as long as they stay healthy).

navy
05-22-2014, 04:20 PM

Hmmm....Ive never thought of the Warriors as a good defensive team despite repeatedly hearing this.

fragokota
05-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Klay probably isn't a championship 2nd option... but I don't think Love is either. The difference is we have Klay on the cheap for 2 more years... and Love is going to want a MAX extension immediately.

Let's be real honest, Curry probably isn't a championship caliber 1st option either... so we need to build our team differently than a team like the Heat or Thunder. That's the one reason I'm optimistic about the Kerr trade... because he's going to use a motion offense similar to what the Spurs use, instead of trying to ISO guys like Curry and Klay.

c'mon give him some props.Love can be a legit 2nd option on championship team

TheMarkMadsen
05-22-2014, 04:24 PM

I agree with your thoughts on Curry and to some extent Love, I feel as though Curry & Love would compliment each other so well that with a few well placed role players the team could over achieve and make a finals or two.

Love being able to consistently create for himself in the paint would do wonders with curry.

Love gets Rubio so many open looks by just being on the court, I can't imagine the looks curry might get with a legit 25 ppg scorer beside him

Milbuck
05-22-2014, 04:24 PM

Dude, Love is absolutely a championship 2nd option.

I joke around about him a lot, but the guy is a special player. He just got done putting up 26/13/4/1/1 on 59% TS with 27 PER, and he would've made the playoffs in the East.

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Wolves want Klay Thompson, Warriors management do not want to trade Klay.

Lee,Barnes,2015 1st round pick,maybe a filler like nedovic or festus

for Love,schved

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mxh7xh3

something along those lines.

Could also be without the fillers

The wolves would make them take back at least brewer.

I think the Warriors are going to have to give up Green if they really want Love.

I think both teams would greatly benefit from the following;

Love/Brewer/Barea for Lee/Barnes/Green and 2015 first round pick

I'd also do Love/Brewer/Barea for Lee/Thompson no pick if the Wolves are hell bent on Thompson.

Inferno
05-22-2014, 04:29 PM
No they're not. Where's the defense? I could see them being the 4 seed.

3rd best defense with Lee. Love can't be worse than Lee.

Smook A.
05-22-2014, 04:34 PM
If the Warriors DO trade for Kevin Love then you already know they'll be a Top 3 offensive team in the league. They're going to put a lot of points up on the board but how will do they do on defense? Stephen Curry can be a liability on the defensive end and we all know Kevin Love is a liability himself.

So if the Warriors trade Klay Thompson, David Lee, and Harrison Barnes for Kevin Love then the Warriors really only have 2 good defenders left. Andrew Bogut and Andre Iguodala. I imagine them being like the mid-2000 Phoenix Suns if this really happens.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Hmmm....Ive never thought of the Warriors as a good defensive team despite repeatedly hearing this.

Did you watch them during the RS? There's a man named Andrew Bogut who's one of the best defensive Cs in the game. If you only watched us vs the Clips you missed the reason we were a top defense this year.

If the Warriors trade Klay Thompson, David Lee, and Harrison Barnes for Kevin Love then the Warriors really only have 2 good defenders left. Andrew Bogut and Andre Iguodala. I imagine them being like the mid-2000 Phoenix Suns if this really happens.

Exactly, this is why I want to keep Klay. If we can do DLee + A pick + Barnes for Love, that would be ideal.

D-Rose
05-22-2014, 04:35 PM
3rd best defense with Lee. Love can't be worse than Lee.
I still don't see them beating SA, OKC, LAC in a 7 game series. Much less Miami. Do you, honestly?

Fudge
05-22-2014, 04:36 PM
If the Warriors DO trade for Kevin Love then you already know they'll be a Top 3 offensive team in the league. They're going to put a lot of points up on the board but how will do they do on defense? Stephen Curry can be a liability on the defensive end and we all know Kevin Love is a liability himself.

So if the Warriors trade Klay Thompson, David Lee, and Harrison Barnes for Kevin Love then the Warriors really only have 2 good defenders left. Andrew Bogut and Andre Iguodala. I imagine them being like the mid-2000 Phoenix Suns if this really happens.
They have Draymond too and they can easily get away with a lineup of Bogut/Love/Draymond/Iggy/Curry in most instances.

navy
05-22-2014, 04:40 PM
I still don't see them beating SA, OKC, LAC in a 7 game series. Much less Miami. Do you, honestly?

Nope. Which is why I said Mark Jackson shouldnt have been fired.

This warriors team is full of talent and good role players, but they arent beating beating the top teams no matter what they do. Too much talent at the top.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 04:40 PM

REally man? With a healthy Bogut we could have taken out the Clips this year. I'm not saying it's a fact, but we would have had a damn good chance.

Upgrade D Lee to Love and we can take on OKC no doubt. The Spurs are the only team I'd still be afraid of.

Admittedly I'm biased but we almost beat the Clips as it was.

navy
05-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Did you watch them during the RS? There's a man named Andrew Bogut who's one of the best defensive Cs in the game. If you only watched us vs the Clips you missed the reason we were a top defense this year.

I did. Granted, I only watched them vs great teams.

Genaro
05-22-2014, 04:41 PM
In Before Bogut gets injures and the whole season goes south

LoneyROY7
05-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Andrew Bogut/Jermaine O'Neal
Kevin Love/Marreese Speights
Andre Iguodala/Draymond Green
Klay Thompson/Jordan Crawford
Stephen Curry/Steve Blake

:biggums:

Almost the perfect starting 5. Good defensive anchors to cover up Love's and Curry's suspect D in Bogut and Iggy. Klay is also a great defender. Rebounding will be no problem. And shooters....everywhere.

BRUH...

OKC-GSW finna duke it out for the next thousands of years for the chance to face the Clippers in the WCF.

Agreed, dawg. :applause:

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 05:00 PM

Without Bogut they aren't...but with him they definitely are.

Is everyone forgetting that they were without Bogut?

Love is a better defender than Lee as well.

Just2McFly
05-22-2014, 05:01 PM
they arent playing defense next season tho

All Net
05-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Warriors source has said they like their chances.. Hmm

All Net
05-22-2014, 05:05 PM
With Bogut healthy they can beat them... They took clips to 7 without him.

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Warriors source has said they like their chances.. Hmm

Some package around Lee/Barnes and a pick while getting them to take back Brewer's contract and or Barea seems like probably the best they can do as they want to win now.

And this is where Love is under-rated...he's worth Lee/Thompson for sure.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Some package around Lee/Barnes and a pick while getting them to take back Brewer's contract and or Barea seems like probably the best they can do as they want to win now.

Curry, steve Blake, Jordan Crawford, Nedovic, and Barea?

We're gonna have to involve another team or send a PG their way.

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Curry, steve Blake, Jordan Crawford, Nedovic, and Barea?

We're gonna have to involve another team or send a PG their way.

I thought Blake was a free agent...

And has Crawford picked up the qualifying offer?

Cone
05-22-2014, 05:08 PM
they get worse

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 05:09 PM
I thought Blake was a free agent...

:hammerhead:

You're correct.

sundizz
05-22-2014, 05:11 PM
I hate loving the Dubs so much. If they get Klove they will have 3 studs (Curry, Love, Bogut) that are about as injury prone as possible. Heart wrenching watching those 3 run around out there. A house built of glass.

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 05:13 PM
I hate loving the Dubs so much. If they get Klove they will have 3 studs (Curry, Love, Bogut) that are about as injury prone as possible. Heart wrenching watching those 3 run around out there. A house built of glass.

Isn't Lee always hurt as well?

Springsteen
05-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Why are all these teams willing to mortgage their assets for 1 year of Love? Sure, he's a good player, but who's to say he'll stay after that year? Then you've just traded good players and picks for one good year with him, and then he's gone.

navy
05-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Why are all these teams willing to mortgage their assets for 1 year of Love? Sure, he's a good player, but who's to say he'll stay after that year? Then you've just traded good players and picks for one good year with him, and then he's gone.
Which teams have said they were giving up good assets for Love? Wolves arent getting shit.

Rubio2Gasol
05-22-2014, 06:11 PM

He'll resign I think.

Great City + Curry + Great Fans :coleman:

Human Error
05-22-2014, 06:32 PM
I am shocked that Kevin Love is being ridiculously overrated. He is a better player than David Lee but not by much to make throwing in Klay Thompson and a future 1st rounder deserving. And words around the league are he is a negative presence in the locker room. The top priority for the Warriors is to make sure that Bogut does not get hurt again. If Bogut gets hurt again, it is meaningless to turn Lee into Love because if Lee the ever unreliable on D does one thing better than Love, it is playing defense.

Solefade
05-22-2014, 06:34 PM
GSW gonna low ball the wolves, they know he's walking anyway

Sarcastic
05-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Kevin Love will finally get to see the playoffs if he goes to the Warriors, but to say they will be the favorites is laughable.

How many first year head coaches have ever won it all, or even made it to the finals?

Springsteen
05-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Kevin Love will finally get to see the playoffs if he goes to the Warriors, but to say they will be the favorites is laughable.

How many first year head coaches have ever won it all, or even made it to the finals?

better chance than the knicks :lol

D-FENS
05-22-2014, 06:47 PM
I am shocked that Kevin Love is being ridiculously overrated. He is a better player than David Lee but not by much to make throwing in Klay Thompson and a future 1st rounder deserving. And words around the league are he is a negative presence in the locker room. The top priority for the Warriors is to make sure that Bogut does not get hurt again. If Bogut gets hurt again, it is meaningless to turn Lee into Love because if Lee the ever unreliable on D does one thing better than Love, it is playing defense.

Kevin Love Defensive rating = 104
David Lee Defensive rating = 103

Kevin Love has a PER that is 11.8 higher than the guy he is matched up against when at PF
Kevin Love has a PER that is 17.3 higher than the guy he is matched up against when at Center

David Lee has a PER that is 4.2 higher than the guy he is matched up against when at PF
David Lee has a PER that is 9.7 higher than the guy he is matched up against when at Center

David Lee's defensive numbers are boosted by playing on a better defensive team. He is one of the most useless man and team defenders in the league.

Kevin Love is an average man defender and average team defender. He's a better defender than Lee. Lee has nothing on Love.

TheMarkMadsen
05-22-2014, 06:56 PM
^^ all good points.

Plus Love can take over a game offensively.

He's a top 10 player in the league whose about to enter his prime. You do whatever it takes to get him as long as you're not trading any top 10 players yourself.

Love will be considered a top 5 player when he finally lands on a good team.

Sarcastic
05-22-2014, 06:56 PM
better chance than the knicks :lol

Did I talk out of my ass and say the Knicks are the favorites?

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 07:06 PM
^^ all good points.

He's a top 10 player in the league whose about to enter his prime. You do whatever it takes to get him as long as you're not trading any top 10 players yourself.

Exactly this.

SwishSquared
05-22-2014, 07:10 PM
He's essentially picking which team he's staying with long-term. He could also opt-in to the last year of his contract, same as CP3, as a condition of the trade.

This whole trade boils down to which starting 5 is more likely to win a title:

1. Curry-Iggy-Green-Love-Bogut
2. Curry-Klay-Iggy-Lee-Bogut

I think #1 is the better starting 5 (and GSW should do the trade) that features two dominant offensive players that and there is still a good core defensively. Love's defensive issues are not solely physical incapabilities- he didn't try much in Minnesota since he had such a huge offensive burden. He can be an average defender I think. He doesn't have great foot speed and is not a rim protector, but a healthy Bogut can cover that up.

Would anybody think flipping Bogut for Tyson Chandler be a bad move considering Bogut has a 3 year extension just now starting and since Chandler is an expiring? Both are injury-prone, but there's an outside shot they could get Asik next season as FA if they cleared some cap.

Verticality
05-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Good offensive roster, but not good on D and the coach is a mystery.

Cone
05-22-2014, 07:20 PM
^^ all good points.

this is why he is overrated

top 10? no. top 5? HELL no

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 07:21 PM
this is why he is overrated

top 10? no. top 5? HELL no

Could you list your top 10 players?

Heavincent
05-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Good offensive roster, but not good on D and the coach is a mystery.

This is a complete myth, and I don't understand why people keep saying it. The Warriors were better on defense than they were on offense this year.

navy
05-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Kevin Love definitely has deficiencies in defense and offensive repertoire. But you cant argue with the results.

Cone
05-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Could you list your top 10 players?

in no particular order:

lebron
kd
cp3
griffin
westbrook
melo
lma
curry
paul george
dwight

after top 10, id still rather have: dirk, davis, cousins, tony parker, harden.

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 07:32 PM
in no particular order:

lebron
kd
cp3
griffin
westbrook
melo
lma
curry
paul george
dwight

after top 10, id still rather have: dirk, davis, cousins, tony parker, harden.

okay...you do realize that the only guys for sure better are Durant and Lebron...right?

LOL at Parker/Harden/George

Aldridge? Meh...inefficient and was trash against the Spurs. Also...a year older Dirk will not be better than Love.

Love is like, at worst, the 9th best player in the league.

Jameerthefear
05-22-2014, 07:34 PM
people are overrating the hell out of love lol

maybeshewill13
05-22-2014, 07:45 PM
:lol

Cone
05-22-2014, 07:46 PM
people are overrating the hell out of love lol

no kidding. he has proven nothing but to be a no-defense, stat-padding, cancer who disappears in the clutch and can't lead his teams to win. no more excuses.

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 08:05 PM
no kidding. he has proven nothing but to be a no-defense, stat-padding, cancer who disappears in the clutch and can't lead his teams to win. no more excuses.

what have guys like cp3, griffin, melo, LMA, cousins, davis, and harden proven in the playoffs?

Hard for Love to do worse than all those guys (cousins/davis haven't played in the playoffs yet) have done. Paul/Griffin together haven't done shit. LMA nothing. Melo has been a clown in the playoffs for his career. Harden has been dreadful in the playoffs since the 12 NBA finals.

But yea...they are all clearly better than Love because he hasn't proven enough. At least with Love there is the potential he won't suck like most of the above have in the playoffs.

I don't even like Love that much...but this is getting absurd if people think he's not worth Thompson/Lee. That is beyond stupid.

Cocaine80s
05-22-2014, 08:07 PM
This is a complete myth, and I don't understand why people keep saying it. The Warriors were better on defense than they were on offense this year.
Are you really repping 3 different teams? I swear u were a laker fan too

Inferno
05-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Lee + Barnes + 2015 1st

pls get it done

qrich
05-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Automatic favorites for the top draft pick?

Inferno
05-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Automatic favorites for the top draft pick?

:coleman: You serious?

SwishSquared
05-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Lee + Barnes + 2015 1st

pls get it done
I don't think GSW can trade the 2015 first round pick because of last summer's Iggy sign-and-trade. You can't go two consecutive years sans first-rounders. Their first available tradeable first round pick is like 2019.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 08:15 PM
I don't even like Love that much...but this is getting absurd if people think he's not worth Thompson/Lee. That is beyond stupid.

But is he worth Thompson/Barnes, Lee, AND a draft pick? He couldn't lead his team to .500 this year, and the Twolves are by no means awful. We aren't exactly overflowing with 1st round picks.

qrich
05-22-2014, 08:21 PM
:coleman: You serious?

No, but Lee/Barnes/a mid to late twenties pick won't cut it.

And giving up Klay will be an atrocious decision and lead to two guys on the starting unit who would benefit the team more by allowing a midget to play the defensive side of the floor.

Unless the Warriors are able to somehow snag Bazz, both seconds and maybe toss in a little Air Bud, to bolster the wings, I don't see it benefiting you guys much.

DMAVS41
05-22-2014, 08:39 PM
But is he worth Thompson/Barnes, Lee, AND a draft pick? He couldn't lead his team to .500 this year, and the Twolves are by no means awful. We aren't exactly overflowing with 1st round picks.

He's worth Barnes/Lee and a pick for sure in my opinion.

Thompson/Lee and a first round pick? Yes if the Wolves send back Brewer and Martin.

Not like they want either of those guys anyway if Thompson is coming in and they need to get rid of one of Brewer/Buddinger

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qeqw97g

Derka
05-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Wake me when Bogut isn't injured and I'll believe he can anchor a title contending team.

Until then, this team makes the 2nd round and bows out even with Love.

Also, this trade doesn't happen without Klay and/or Green going to Minny.