PDA

View Full Version : People hating on Wiggins for his lack of Moves, but...

theoneneo
05-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Enlighten me on what moves Lebron had(or jump shot for that matter) when he entered the league. Hell, Lebron still is inconsistent with his Shot, and his move arsenal been lacking. He dominates on Athletic Ability alone. I'd say Wiggins has a better jumper this stage of the game than Bron did.

Point been Wiggins, and all of these Rookies will have time to Develop and get better. The skies the limit for these guys.

Cocaine80s
05-22-2014, 05:22 PM
wiggins might have a better jumper but lebron was better at everything else. wiggins can't even handle the ball unless its a straight line drive

jzek
05-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Point been Wiggins, and all of these Rookies will have time to Develop and get better.

So basically, you want the Cavs to draft another Anthony Bennett.

- smak

MP.Trey
05-22-2014, 05:25 PM
wiggins might have a better jumper but lebron was better at everything else. wiggins can't even handle the ball unless its a straight line drive
This. Wiggins might have a better jumper coming in. But LeBron was/is superior in ball handling, passing, basketball IQ, they're probably a wash defensively with similar athletic ability.

But I see what you're saying OP, I don't think Wiggins will be the next LeBron level talent but he'll be very, very good given time and probably slightly better than expected right off the bat.

Jyap9675
05-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Lebron was an amazing passer even coming out HS. I don't see this with Wiggins.

VengefulAngel
05-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Lebron's jumper was on par with Wiggins and Lebron was superior in every single category, Wiggins will be great but he needs to improve his ball handling demonstrate a higher bball iq and continue to improve his shot. Lebron's sole impediment coming out of high school was his jump shot and he the fact that he was a 'man' amongst boys and whether this could translate to the NBA.

chocolatethunder
05-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Lebron was an amazing passer even coming out HS. I don't see this with Wiggins.
True, and Wiggins' ball handing isn't too sporty and neither is his J (not that Lebrons was). These two players aren't similar to me in any way. Wiggins is long and thin and super athletic and doesn't really do anything super well yet (but I sure think he can) Lebron was tall and athletic with a great handle and passing skills but their games are not alike at all.

dreamwarrior
05-22-2014, 05:55 PM
You guys forgetting defense? Wiggins at 19 is a better defender than Lebron is right now.

Milbuck
05-22-2014, 05:59 PM
You guys forgetting defense? Wiggins at 19 is a better defender than Lebron is right now.
:kobe:

secund2nun
05-22-2014, 06:05 PM
People hate on Wiggins because of his lack of production in both high school and college. This street baller playground mindset that fans use to analyze the game needs to end.

Lebron is very strong and very athletic....a true athletic beast in addition to being skilled at passing, outside shooting (now), rebounding, defense (unique because of size and athleticism). Wiggins doesn't have anywhere close to the power that Lebron has nor does he have the passing abilities.

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 06:17 PM
True, and Wiggins' ball handing isn't too sporty and neither is his J (not that Lebrons was). These two players aren't similar to me in any way. Wiggins is long and thin and super athletic and doesn't really do anything super well yet (but I sure think he can) Lebron was tall and athletic with a great handle and passing skills but their games are not alike at all.

What? They are both right about 6'8" with a 7' wingspan. In fact LeBrons predraft measurements are longer than Wiggins.

Anyway, Wiggins may have a godly vert but thus far has not shown himself to be anywhere near the physical specimen Lebron is. Sorry Wiggins dickriders.

chocolatethunder
05-22-2014, 06:32 PM
What? They are both right about 6'8" with a 7' wingspan. In fact LeBrons predraft measurements are longer than Wiggins.

Anyway, Wiggins may have a godly vert but thus far has not shown himself to be anywhere near the physical specimen Lebron is. Sorry Wiggins dickriders.
I'm comparing their body types, I know what his measurements are. You mean lebron doesn't have larger shoulders and is more muscular? Wiggins is long and thin. Lebron isn't thin and is bulkier even tho his height and wingspan are the same. Someone was comparing them so I was describing their differences. Which is exactly what you're saying, wiggins in spite of measuring then same isn't the same as lebron.

noob cake
05-22-2014, 06:47 PM
:coleman:

RoundMoundOfReb
05-22-2014, 06:48 PM
For one, LeBron had an NBA handle when he came into the league, Wiggins does not. If you think LeBron dominates on athletic ability alone you're a moron..

VengefulAngel
05-22-2014, 06:55 PM

What have you been smoking?

and where can I get some?

oarabbus
05-22-2014, 08:12 PM
I'm comparing their body types, I know what his measurements are. You mean lebron doesn't have larger shoulders and is more muscular? Wiggins is long and thin. Lebron isn't thin and is bulkier even tho his height and wingspan are the same. Someone was comparing them so I was describing their differences. Which is exactly what you're saying, wiggins in spite of measuring then same isn't the same as lebron.

I see what you're saying. Bron was certainly much more muscular at 19 than Wiggins is now. Your use of Wiggins being "long" vs Bron being "tall" made it seem like you were suggesting Wiggins had a wingspan advantage, or some kind of measurement difference. Anyway yeah, their body types are quite different.

RedBlackAttack
05-22-2014, 08:25 PM
This. Wiggins might have a better jumper coming in. But LeBron was/is superior in ball handling, passing, basketball IQ, they're probably a wash defensively with similar athletic ability.

But I see what you're saying OP, I don't think Wiggins will be the next LeBron level talent but he'll be very, very good given time and probably slightly better than expected right off the bat.

LeBron was a pretty awful defender in his first couple years in the league. It was a major weakness, really until Mike Brown was brought in to work with him. The biggest edge Wiggins has on James at the same age is defensively. Wiggins already shows good instincts on that end and has the potential to be elite defensively and relatively soon, given his crazy athleticism.

Wiggins also definitely has a better jumper. LeBron's mechanics were inconsistent and pretty bad to start his career. Wiggins already has pretty good form and he has a nice high release point.

That's really where it ends, though. LeBron was significantly better at everything else. Wiggins has a lot of holes in his current game.

r0drig0lac
05-22-2014, 08:36 PM
wiggins can be better than lebron defensively?

RedBlackAttack
05-22-2014, 08:39 PM
wiggins can be better than lebron defensively?
I'm not sure if he will be better than prime James defensively, but he's certainly better at the same age.

dubeta
05-22-2014, 08:50 PM
The real question is....

What does Wiggins do better than Harrison Barnes?

Can someone help me out??

russwest0
05-22-2014, 08:51 PM
wiggins is about the same size as young lebron too.

just needs to get on that hgh flow

JohnFreeman
05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
I feel Wiggins won't even be that good. Least we can get some competition in the dunk contest

russwest0
05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
also, lebron would have done far more damage vs college competition than wiggins did this year. homie shot 1-6 in his teams elimination game from the tournament... :facepalm

Cocaine80s
05-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Wiggins reminds me of a 6'8 westbrook. ****ing insane potential

russwest0
05-22-2014, 08:58 PM
if wiggins wants to be lebron 2.0 he has to do what lebron did and basically become harden 2.0.

he has to go against instinct and intentionally run into defenders, develop a stiff arm move, learn to drive with his head lowered, learn to ignore worries of traveling since it wont be called much, and also learn how to flop for the call.

Jailblazers7
05-22-2014, 10:09 PM
A big criticism of Paul George was his lack of handles coming into the league and he turned out fine. I'm not too worried about Wiggins.