PDA

View Full Version : Report: Cavs likely to pick between Wiggins/Parker

D-Rose
05-22-2014, 10:18 PM
According to Sam Amico...keep in mind that A LOT can and will change in a month or more.

[QUOTE]
Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO

COnDEMnED
05-22-2014, 10:21 PM
According to Sam Amico...keep in mind that A LOT can and will change in a month or more.

Soooooo much of this draft hinges on Embiid's health.
I hope they don't **** this up, I'm going to feel bad for Cavs fans if they blow it again.

outbreak
05-22-2014, 10:21 PM
according to Woj they were happy with his back and still think he's on the top of the board :confusedshrug:

Meticode
05-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Amico isn't a solid source for most stuff. Take what he posts with a grain of salt. Any Cavs follower knows this.

With the way the Cavs have drafted the last two drafts, don't take anything you say for granted in-my-opinion. Waiters two years ago wasn't on anyone's radar and neither was Bennett.

roffie
05-22-2014, 10:24 PM
in b4 they don't pick any of the big 3

forever cavs the laughing stock

D-Rose
05-22-2014, 10:24 PM
I think the safest pick that can draw no criticism later on if it doesn't work out is Wiggins. Take him and forget the rest.

chazzy
05-22-2014, 10:25 PM
I hope Embiid drops to 7 :lol

oh the horror
05-22-2014, 10:26 PM
I dunno man, I feel like teams are acknowledging being burnt by bigs that have had ANY history of injury. I don't blame teams for going with something a bit more secure.

El Gato Negro
05-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Amico isn't a solid source for most stuff. Take what he posts with a grain of salt. Any Cavs follower knows this.

This, if amico reported it it's not true. that hack of a writer never gets anything right, i have no idea how he still has a job.

Springsteen
05-22-2014, 10:28 PM
NO NO NO NO NO

you already have kyrie dion and tristan thompson to be major ball handlers/jack up shots and you want to add ANOTHER? GET A FREAKING POST PRESENCE FOR KYRIE TO PASS TO YOU FOOLS

outbreak
05-22-2014, 10:32 PM
I dunno man, I feel like teams are acknowledging being burnt by bigs that have had ANY history of injury. I don't blame teams for going with something a bit more secure.

it's a total crapshoot as to what they think about bigs these days I believe, a lot of GM's are still upset they passed on Drummond (not an injury concern but still). I won't believe reports until the draft actually happens this year.

D-FENS
05-22-2014, 10:54 PM
This, if amico reported it it's not true. that hack of a writer never gets anything right, i have no idea how he still has a job.

Sam used to write for Inside Hoops. He's a good writer with good insights, but his finger is not on the pulse like Woj. Still, his sources are better than Broussard or some other ESPN crony not named Chad Ford or Marc Stein.

Meticode
05-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Sam used to write for Inside Hoops. He's a good writer with good insights, but his finger is not on the pulse like Woj. Still, his sources are better than Broussard or some other ESPN crony not named Chad Ford or Marc Stein.
I'm sorry, but this isn't saying much about Amico, he's usually a bullshit source. His draft picks rumors were all wrong, he's been wrong so many times about stuff from left field.

ProfessorMurder
05-22-2014, 10:55 PM
I hope Embiid drops to 7 :lol

:lol He won't.

If he does drop out of the top 5, the Celtics would grab him at 6. They need a center badly.

bagelred
05-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Insert picture of Embiid taking off his face to reveal he's actually Greg Oden.

Rubio2Gasol
05-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Well, whatever. It's not that bad, though, the obvious pick is Embiid.

But he might be injury prone so whatever.

Still waititing for all this to be a "smokescreen" so they can get Randle no1. This the only organization in history to set smokescreens and shit when they picking number 1 :lol

Meticode
05-22-2014, 11:00 PM
in b4 they don't pick any of the big 3

forever cavs the laughing stock
If they do this again this year, I'm going to go insane. I'm already imagining it, "With the first pick of the NBA draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select...Aaron Gordon"

or

"With the first pick of the NBA draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select...Julius Randle"

or

"With the first pick of the NBA draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select...Dante Exum"

Akrazotile
05-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Teams are not disclosing to sports journalists what their honest intentions are for the draft :facepalm

El Gato Negro
05-23-2014, 12:59 AM
If they do this again this year, I'm going to go insane. I'm already imagining it, "With the first pick of the NBA draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select...Aaron Gordon"

or

"With the first pick of the NBA draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select...Julius Randle"

or

"With the first pick of the NBA draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select...Dante Exum"
What as a cavs fan makes you think this way? how are any past picks relevant to who griffin will choose? Dan Gilbert is not picking draft picks so how have you lost faith in the new gm already? i for one am glad the rid themselves of the ferry crew brown/grant and have liked everything griffin has done so far. future looks bright cheer up cavs fan.

RedBlackAttack
05-23-2014, 02:03 AM
Amico routinely pulls stories straight from his bunghole. In fact, when he reports something, I tend to think the exact opposite is the truth. He had the Cavs taking Alex Len No. 1 overall last year just before the draft started. It was his breaking news report.

Turns out he wasn't even in their Top 3 according to the information that has come out since.

In other words, this probably means Embiid is the pick.

Uncle Drew
05-23-2014, 05:39 AM
Brah, it's Amico. He's full of bs.

b0bab0i
05-23-2014, 06:53 AM
Teams are not disclosing to sports journalists what their honest intentions are for the draft :facepalm
Clippers did in 2009. They straight up said were drafting blake griffin.
I think they got fined too.

DukeDelonte13
05-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Amico routinely pulls stories straight from his bunghole. In fact, when he reports something, I tend to think the exact opposite is the truth. He had the Cavs taking Alex Len No. 1 overall last year just before the draft started. It was his breaking news report.

Turns out he wasn't even in their Top 3 according to the information that has come out since.

In other words, this probably means Embiid is the pick.

amico was POSITIVE it was Len or Noel :oldlol:

Amico is a hack... He is not plugged in at all.

Jason Lloyd of the ABJ is the most plugged in cavs beat writer (or at least was with the Grant administration).

Chris Grant's cavs were notoriously tight-lipped, Danny Ferry's not so much. It will be interesting to see how Griffin's cavs are with the media.

Meticode
05-23-2014, 08:18 AM
What as a cavs fan makes you think this way? how are any past picks relevant to who griffin will choose? Dan Gilbert is not picking draft picks so how have you lost faith in the new gm already? i for one am glad the rid themselves of the ferry crew brown/grant and have liked everything griffin has done so far. future looks bright cheer up cavs fan.
Just the fact it's happened the last 2 drafts. I'm not saying they're going to do this, but it wouldn't surprise me because they've had two drafts in a row where the pick was from completely left field.

returnofthemack
05-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Just the fact it's happened the last 2 drafts. I'm not saying they're going to do this, but it wouldn't surprise me because they've had two drafts in a row where the pick was from completely left field.

I understand the concern but thankfully grant is no longer with the team. I have a really hard time believing that the cavs would pass on Embiid, wiggins or Parker.

Jailblazers7
05-23-2014, 09:09 AM
They are either going to take Embiid or trade the pick.

tmacattack33
05-23-2014, 09:55 AM

With the way the Cavs have drafted the last two drafts, don't take anything you say for granted in-my-opinion. Waiters two years ago wasn't on anyone's radar and neither was Bennett.

All 3 of you :oldlol:

Draz
05-23-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm hoping the they blow it again lol just for the lulz

Uncle Drew
05-23-2014, 10:09 AM
If Embiid's back is OK, he's our pick. 100% sure.

Uncle Drew
05-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Watching Joel Embiid in workout for league executives in Santa Monica. Impossible to imagine passing on him at No. 1.

:rockon:

stalkerforlife
05-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Cavs better damn well draft Wiggins or Parker.

Don't blow it again.

Uncle Drew
05-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Chad Ford ✔ @chadfordinsider
Embiid quickly re-asserting claim to # 1 pick here. Added muscle, still has quick feet & a beautiful jumper. No evidence of back issues

DukeDelonte13
05-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Watching Joel Embiid in workout for league executives in Santa Monica. Impossible to imagine passing on him at No. 1.

yes.

IMO he has the highest ceiling and fits a position of need. His intangibles are off the charts. His developmental trajectory is also off the charts.

He's a C that not only has a traditional back to the basket game, but can also hit the 15 footer. He has awesome athleticism and can run the floor like a gazelle. All this and he's 7' with a 7'5'' wingspan and 250 lbs at 20 years old.

Uncle Drew
05-23-2014, 01:45 PM
yes.

IMO he has the highest ceiling and fits a position of need. His intangibles are off the charts. His developmental trajectory is also off the charts.

He's a C that not only has a traditional back to the basket game, but can also hit the 15 footer. He has awesome athleticism and can run the floor like a gazelle. All this and he's 7' with a 7'5'' wingspan and 250 lbs at 20 years old.
I don't even care anymore. Healthy, not healthy, no back at all. He's our #1.

Milbuck
05-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Embiid quickly re-asserting claim to # 1 pick here. Added muscle, still has quick feet & a beautiful jumper. No evidence of back issues

God dammit.

Well, thank god for Jabari and Wiggins, or this would suck ass.

Don't screw this up Cleveland, you have the next great big man. Please don't screw this up.

Jailblazers7
05-23-2014, 01:49 PM

God dammit.

Well, thank god for Jabari and Wiggins, or this would suck ass.

Don't screw this up Cleveland, you have the next great big man. Please don't screw this up.

Who do you prefer between Jabari and Wiggins for the Bucks?

Milbuck
05-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Who do you prefer between Jabari and Wiggins for the Bucks?
I honestly wouldn't mind either, but I'm leaning towards Wiggins.

I think Wiggins would be a better fit with Giannis. Giannis is a near 7' point-forward who is a terrific athlete. He can push the ball in transition and run the floor, and run an offense. It sounds implausible now, but he showed he had legit PG instincts and vision, and he's only 19 years old. In 3-4 years I could definitely see him playing serious point-forward despite being 7 feet tall (still growing). Defensively, he's got an absurd combination of height, length, and athleticism for his position, and he could be one of the nastiest defenders in the game.

If Embiid's off the table, we need someone athletic enough to run the floor up and down with Giannis, to finish in transition whether its a dunk, layup, oop, transition jumper, whatever. Wiggins is the perfect player for that. He's an insane athlete, great transition player, and he has a great foundation for his jumper. He can't create that well as of right now, but that's where Giannis being a point-forward comes into play.

Wiggins is also going to be an incredible defender, as Giannis could be. We could have the tallest, longest trapping defense out in the perimeter with those two guys. It would be a nightmare for opposing wings, having 6'8" 44 inch vert Wiggins and 7' tall 7'5" wingspan Giannis hounding them.

Jabari is the more polished scorer, but I'll take Wiggins's fit and higher ceiling.

Solefade
05-23-2014, 02:14 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/983666_875748682440376_661732586937153168_n.jpg

Uncle Drew
05-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Just spoke with Embiid. Told me his back is 100 percent. Been working out hard for last 3 weeks.

Embiid said he's gained 15 pounds. Up to 265. Still getting back into shape. Got a bit winded in workout but still looked quick & explosive

Hahahahahaha, vincecarteritsover.gif

Joel Embiid
05-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Just spoke with Embiid. Told me his back is 100 percent. Been working out hard for last 3 weeks.

Embiid said he's gained 15 pounds. Up to 265. Still getting back into shape. Got a bit winded in workout but still looked quick & explosive

Hahahahahaha, vincecarteritsover.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/pcfdfm6hjTvji/giphy.gif

Uncle Drew
05-23-2014, 10:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd3RVBZz6Rk

Now this, I can fap to.

Im so nba'd out
05-23-2014, 10:26 PM
if the sixers end up with andrew wiggins
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa22/speeder2007/girls/randy_marsh.jpg

ok maybe thats a little extreme but i would be really happy about the 76ers future

Fiddlesticks
05-23-2014, 10:42 PM
Dante Exum

Le Shaqtus
05-23-2014, 10:45 PM
I hope they don't **** this up, I'm going to feel bad for Cavs fans if they blow it again.

I don't know how bad you have to be to blow 3 #1 picks..

RedBlackAttack
05-23-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't know how bad you have to be to blow 3 #1 picks..
Does this post suggest you think Kyrie Irving was a poor choice?

DeuceWallaces
05-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Lol of course the Cavs will **** this up. Would be nice to see them pick Randle or someone to go nicely with the others except Kyrie.

RedBlackAttack
05-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Lol of course the Cavs will **** this up. Would be nice to see them pick Randle or someone to go nicely with the others except Kyrie.
^^^Mad the Cavs' jump cost Motown its pick. :oldlol:

This pick is an utter no-brainer, imo.

Le Shaqtus
05-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Does this post suggest you think Kyrie Irving was a poor choice?

Never been fond of Irving to be honest, and he hasn't really made their situation any different which is what a #1 pick is supposed to do.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Mad Joe D lost the pick, but happy 50 years of Cleveland ineptitude will continue to ruin any perceived luck.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Lol yeah, if Kyrie was even decent you'd think he could avoid back2back #1 picks after he was drafted.

Dat dere defense doe.

Meticode
05-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Never been fond of Irving to be honest, and he hasn't really made their situation any different which is what a #1 pick is supposed to do.
This is true, but there was and hasn't been anyone better from that draft. Irving by far has been the best player from that draft. I don't think the Cavs would be in any better of a situation if they had drafted Derrick Williams or someone else.

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2014, 12:02 AM
So, you think Derrick Williams would have been the correct pick? Those were the only two guys considered by anyone as a legitimate choice at No. 1. And, the Cavs' record has improved in each of Kyrie's first three years, including +12 in wins this past season.

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Lol yeah, if Kyrie was even decent you'd think he could avoid back2back #1 picks after he was drafted.

Dat dere defense doe.
There was a 1% chance of the Cavs getting this pick. lol

Meticode
05-24-2014, 12:05 AM
1.7%, but yea...

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:10 AM

He's been out of the playoffs and on at least a 10th worst team in a historically bad conference 3 years running.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:14 AM
And as far as Kyries draft goes, I'm not sure it's right but Kemba took his team to the playoffs.

Meticode
05-24-2014, 12:21 AM
And as far as Kyries draft goes, I'm not sure it's right but Al Jefferson took his team to the playoffs.
Agreed.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:24 AM
Ha, Kemba had just as good as or better numbers than Kyrie, he is the leader on that team, and only if he had the high lottery picks to work with that Kyrie has. Not to mention a coach and a center that has been to or won the Finals.

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2014, 12:29 AM
He's been out of the playoffs and on at least a 10th worst team in a historically bad conference 3 years running.
Well, everyone seems to be in love with John Wall right now and Kyrie's Cavs have consistently been better than Wall's Wizards over their first three years in the league.

Doesn't happen overnight. Hell, Steph Curry was just a rookie and his team was 26-56 at Kyrie's age. And, he had a pretty nice, veteran roster around him, whereas Kyrie is surrounded by fellow 20 to 22-year-olds trying to find their way in the league.

I think you're being a bit narrow sighted... or trolling me, which is probably the reality. You can't possibly believe that Irving was the wrong pick in 2011. I just don't believe that you believe that, at the time or in retrospect.

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2014, 12:31 AM
Ha, Kemba had just as good as or better numbers than Kyrie, he is the leader on that team, and only if he had the high lottery picks to work with that Kyrie has. Not to mention a coach and a center that has been to or won the Finals.
Al Jefferson is easily the best player on that team and there are also a plethora of valuable veterans in that starting lineup and rotation logging heavy minutes (Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Jeffery Taylor, Ramon Sessions, Gary Neal, etc).

Completely and totally different situation.

D-Rose
05-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Come on now, are you seriously trying to argue Kyrie was the wrong pick at #1? If that draft happened again today, he'd still be the #1 pick.

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Come on now, are you seriously trying to argue Kyrie was the wrong pick at #1? If that draft happened again today, he'd still be the #1 pick.
...and there would be no discussion. Am I taking crazy pills, here?

Eric Cartman
They drafted Lebron and Kyrie #1 overall so I think they are pretty good at what they do. Especially in such a stacked draft.

Meticode
Couple of things...

1.) Kemba Walker isn't the best player on the Hornets, Al Jefferson is with his 51%, 22/11 season.

2.) Kemba almost had no numbers better than Irving this season and Irving actually regressed offensively this past season. Irving shot 4% better than Walker from the field overall, Irving shot 3% better from the three, Irving shot 2% better than Walker from the line, they both had exactly the same assists, Irving had 0.3 more SPG, Walker had 0.6 more RPG, Walker had 0.4 less TOPG, Irving scored 3.1 more PPG.

3.) Yes, let's pretend Charlotte hasn't had any high picks recently. 2013 they had the #4 pick, 2012 when Cleveland picked Waiters at #4 the Bobcats had the #2 pick with MKG. So yes, I guess Walker hasn't had any high draft picks to work with at all.

DeuceWallaces
I never said he was the wrong pick. You quoted me and then fabricated a reasoning.

He's never made the playoffs in one of the most absolute historically weak conferences in the history of the NBA after three years of top 4 picks, and a coach and center who's either been to the finals or won it.

That's my point, it still stands, and it's a matter of fact. I threw in Kemba later because he was the same draft, has arguably better stats this year, and still made the playoffs on a shit team with shit management that obviously surpasses the Cavs.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Al Jefferson is easily the best player on that team and there are also a plethora of valuable veterans in that starting lineup and rotation logging heavy minutes (Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Jeffery Taylor, Ramon Sessions, Gary Neal, etc).

Completely and totally different situation.

No one was lining up to get Jefferson; how do you think he ended up on the ****ing Bobcats? Bynum was a top player on a championship team. In retrospect both seem unlikely but you can't sit here and pretend the players around them (Kyrie and Kemba) had nothing to do with the outcome.

You CavTards want to sit here and treat Kyrie like he's playing baseball.

Springsteen
05-24-2014, 12:38 AM
That's my point, it still stands, and it's a matter of fact. I threw in Kemba later because he was the same draft, has arguably better stats this year, and still made the playoffs on a shit team with shit management that obviously surpasses the Cavs.

Where are you getting these stats? Out of your bunghole? Did you miss the tons of posts above yours showing how Kyrie regressed offensively yet still had a better season state wise than Kemba?

The Bobcats made the playoffs this year because MJ paid out the wazoo for Big Al who just took a huge leap this season. Kemba helped of course, but that's the main factor.

Meticode
05-24-2014, 12:39 AM
No one was lining up to get Jefferson; how do you think he ended up on the ****ing Bobcats?
Several teams showed interest in him, it's just the fact Jefferson took the most money. Plain and simple. He ended up having his best season in like 5 years. :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2014, 12:44 AM
I never said he was the wrong pick. You quoted me and then fabricated a reasoning.
No, I assumed that's what you were arguing since you stepped right into the middle of a debate about how the Cavs could "blow" three No. 1 picks. When you interject a very low opinion of Irving into that conversation, people are naturally going to assume you are siding with the "bad pick" scenario.

He's never made the playoffs in one of the most absolute historically weak conferences in the history of the NBA after three years of top 4 picks, and a coach and center who's either been to the finals or won it.

The Cavs weren't even trying to make the playoffs during his first two years in the league. Dan Gilbert and Chris Grant notoriously and publicly talked about a "three year plan" that they had devised for them to get into playoff contention.

This past season was their first real attempt to make it in, and it was marred -- not by Irving -- but by the Andrew Bynum experiment that went hopelessly wrong almost immediately. The Cavs were 17 games below .500 with him on the roster and with a completely healthy team around him. They were virtually .500 after he was traded and they managed to do so even with injuries to key guys (Irving, Waiters, Deng, Varejao).

We'll never know if it was a playoff team without the Bynum experiment in the first half of the season, but the numbers usually don't lie when they're that glaring. And, in retrospect, I'll take not making the playoffs last season for Joel Embiid being our center for the next 8+ years.

I'm curious to see these "better" stats from Kemba. A very quick glimpse shows little support for that notion. Less points on far worse efficiency and less assists, while being on a roster where he was more of an afterthought for opposing defenses who had to contend with Al Jefferson on a nightly basis.

Meanwhile, Irving was the focus of every opponent, every night, all season long, and he still put up 20+/6+ with a career low turnover rate and improved defense.

No, I don't see where you're coming from.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Where are you getting these stats? Out of your bunghole? Did you miss the tons of posts above yours showing how Kyrie regressed offensively yet still had a better season state wise than Kemba?

The Bobcats made the playoffs this year because MJ paid out the wazoo for Big Al who just took a huge leap this season. Kemba helped of course, but that's the main factor.

Lol he took a 3 year deal. Wake up idiot. No one wanted him.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/pBtHe2p.png

You homers satisfied? Those are arguably better.

1 ppg fewer with slightly more rebounds, more blocks, more steals, better shooting percentage, and extremely better 3pt%. Curiosity cured?

And I like how the three year and 4 top 4 pick plan played out. I'm pretty accepting of where the Pistons are at after 4-5 bad years; it's amazing to see you Cav homers come hard after a half century of suck. You guys are delusional.

Meticode
05-24-2014, 12:50 AM

1 ppg fewer with slightly more rebounds, more blocks, more steals, better shooting percentage, and extremely better 3pt%. Curiosity cured?

And I like how the three year and 4 top 4 pick plan played out.
Ummmm, those stats show Walker's 2014 playoff stats, while the Irving's is the whole season. So Walker's stats are from a 4 game sample. :applause:

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2014, 12:50 AM

You homers satisfied. Those are arguably better.

And I like how the three year and 4 top 4 pick plan played out.
So, you compare 4 games by Walker to 71 by Irving? :oldlol:

You can't be serious right now. This has to be an attempt at trolling. I'm now convinced.

ABG
05-24-2014, 12:54 AM

And I like how the three year and 4 top 4 pick plan played out. I'm pretty accepting of where the Pistons are at after 4-5 bad years; it's amazing to see you Cav homers come hard after a half century of suck. You guys are delusional.
:roll:

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 12:58 AM
Lol it pulls up playoff stats.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Well I wasn't really trying to say Kyrie was the wrong pick just sticking up for someone in his class that's done better from an achievement perspective. The point remains he hasn't done shit, and neither has the organization, after several top picks in a historically terrible conference.

Meticode
05-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Well I wasn't really trying to say Kyrie was the wrong pick just sticking up for someone in his class that's done better from an achievement perspective. The point remains he hasn't done shit, and neither has the organization, after several top picks in a historically terrible conference.
Walker hasn't done anything better than Irving individually since they were drafted. I don't remember Walker winning Rookie of the Year. I don't remember Walker winning the three point contest. I don't remember Walker making an All-Star team. I don't remember Walker winning All-Star MVP. The Bobcats made the playoffs, that's it. Jordan dumped $13.5 million a year on Jefferson to start making the playoffs right f*cking NOW. You know the highest signed free agent since Irving was drafted? Jarrett Jack at $6.3 million.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 01:12 AM
Walker hasn't done anything better than Irving individually since they were drafted. I don't remember Walker winning Rookie of the Year. I don't remember Walker winning MVP of the Rookie/Sophomore game. I don't remember Walker making an All-Star team. I don't remember Walker winning All-Star MVP. The Bobcats made the playoffs, that's it. Jordan dumped $13.5 million a year on Jefferson to start making the playoffs right f*cking NOW. You know the highest signed free agent since Irving was drafted? Jarrett Jack at $6.3 million.

I remember Walker making the playoffs tough guy. I'll take that over MVP at the AND1 All Star Rookie Game.

Was it not the Cavs plans to make the playoffs this year? Did they not trade for Deng, hire their old proven coach, and sign Bynum? Kyrie could not get it done. He's a solid offensive player who doesn't do shit on defense, isn't a leader, and doesn't make players around him better.

Meticode
05-24-2014, 01:15 AM
I remember Walker making the playoffs tough guy. I'll take that over MVP at the AND1 All Star Rookie Game.

Was it not the Cavs plans to make the playoffs this year? Did they not trade for Deng, hire their old proven coach, and sign Bynum? Kyrie could not get it done. He's a solid offensive player who doesn't do shit on defense, isn't a leader, and doesn't make players around him better.
The Cavs missed the playoffs and it was their goal to make it I agree. Where did that put the Bobcats and Cavs? Cavs get the #1 pick. Bobcats got swept.

miles berg
05-24-2014, 01:16 AM
I would offer the pick to the Pistons for Drummond straight up.

Meticode
05-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Why?

Milbuck
05-24-2014, 01:20 AM
Was never truly a fan of Kyrie, but at this point I wish him the best of luck just to shut some of the idiots up.

As a fan of the team with the 2nd pick, I hope they take Wiggins. But in all objectivity, Cleveland is going to be a great team down the road with Embiid. Kyrie, Dion, and Embiid is a terrific young core, and having other young pieces like Tristan, Karasev, Zeller, Delladova, etc. as a developing supporting cast is very promising. I think if they really hit out of the park with this next coaching selection, they could be an elite team in 4-5 years.

By that time hopefully Kyrie has matured as a point guard, Dion and him build some better chemistry in the backcourt, all the young supporting players grow into their roles, and Embiid has developed into a legitimate 2-way force in the paint. This team in 5 years has the potential to bust completely and break up....or be contending with one of the best if not THE best center in the game, a top 5 PG, and a top 5 SG.

Im Still Ballin
05-24-2014, 01:26 AM
The Lebron curse. Cleveland will never succeed until Lebron retires/rejoins the cavs.

Meticode
05-24-2014, 01:29 AM
The Lebron curse. Cleveland will never succeed until Lebron retires/rejoins the cavs.
Hmmmm, not really LeBron related, but the whole city of Cleveland was having a 50+ year drought of not succeeding before he was drafted. :lol

Legends66NBA7
05-24-2014, 01:29 AM
They don't have a hard choice to make. They got 3 players that should all have an immediate impact

Neither team makes that trade.

DeuceWallaces
05-24-2014, 01:46 AM
Well I'm pretty certain Kyrie can't get out of the lottery with a slew of top picks and a coach who's been to the Finals. So that's pretty solid.

R.I.P.
05-24-2014, 03:02 AM
I don

TimmyDuncan
05-24-2014, 05:58 AM
After the draft,the cavs should go after every vet in the league to mentor all theses youngs kids

This year the team was too young with only Jaret Jack, Deng and Varejao as 27+ years old and they are the not guys who won the most rings in the league...

chips93
05-24-2014, 08:05 AM
NO NO NO NO NO

you already have kyrie dion and tristan thompson to be major ball handlers/jack up shots and you want to add ANOTHER? GET A FREAKING POST PRESENCE FOR KYRIE TO PASS TO YOU FOOLS

:biggums:

chips93
05-24-2014, 08:13 AM
They are either going to take Embiid or trade the pick.

what makes you say so? they have a gaping hole at the 3. their defense was awful last year, wiggins could help that big time, and parker could provide low post scoring and 3 point shooting, two things the cavs desperately lacked last year

any of the top 3 would really help us, but embiid, so long as hes healthy, is the clear number 1 imo

i love embiid, but come on, what else is he going to say?

so who would you have picked instead?

chips93
05-24-2014, 08:23 AM

you cant shit on the cleveland front office for messing up picks, AND say kyrie should be taking this team further because he has had teammates picked high in the draft.

his teammates suck or they dont, you cant shit on both the FO and kyrie. it makes zero sense.