PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't Cleveland meant to have a ring by now?

maybeshewill13
05-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Before Lebron? Who has won 2, going for a third. While Cleveland is still in the lottery. Dan Gilbert :lol

alanLA92
05-23-2014, 01:14 AM
You actually believed that f***? :roll: :roll: :roll:

NumberSix
05-23-2014, 01:15 AM
Known liar.

/thread

navy
05-23-2014, 01:18 AM
http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2010/07/dan-gilbert-letter.gif

alanLA92
05-23-2014, 01:19 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

maybeshewill13
05-23-2014, 01:20 AM
:lol

JohnFreeman
05-23-2014, 01:33 AM
Why that font?

imdaman99
05-23-2014, 02:06 AM
That was a stupid letter he wrote in the heat of the moment. I'm sure if he had to do it all over again, he would word it differently and leave some stuff out. I can't blame him the way bran made his franchise looking like Carrie (embarrassed in front of everyone, thinking they won the prize).

El Gato Negro
05-23-2014, 02:24 AM
This was kind of funny three years ago, if it took you three years to figure out a stacked team had a better chance than a rebuilding team well then :facepalm i find it funny that people find a fault win the cavs owner being passionate about winning.

pauk
05-23-2014, 04:25 AM
That was a stupid letter he wrote in the heat of the moment. I'm sure if he had to do it all over again, he would word it differently and leave some stuff out. I can't blame him the way bran made his franchise looking like Carrie (embarrassed in front of everyone, thinking they won the prize).

Well, it was Dan Gilbert who embarrassed Lebron/Cavs/Cavs fans for 7 straight years with his decision making/intentions or lack there of first of all, the guy just wanted to make money really and LBJ was a huge loss for him in that department, he didnt want to work hard towards obtaining what the Cavs players were desperately looking for & were close to and what the CAVS FANS truly deserved, a championship... hence he didnt do anything necessary to keep a player of Lebrons magnitude either since there is nothing else Lebron wanted but to give Cavs/Cavs fans a championship, that fanbase truly deserves it... 7 years was enough patience from Lebron, if that isnt enough hints for you that patience was running out then you are just being ignorant.... Lebron just wanted to see Dan Gilbert / GM be on the same page as him, the Cavs players and the Cavs fans.... by making decisions which would move them towards that goal.... Lebron didnt saw any of it and you really think he was gona waste that type of talent he has & his ultimate goal at the end of it all by staying and retiring ringless?

If there is somebody Cavs fans should be mad about its only DAN GILBERT....

pastis
05-23-2014, 04:30 AM
cleveland seems to be dead meat. honestly, who wants to play over there? even if they would spend 100 mio for 2 years i guess only kobe would go there, everyone else no. also i think that kyrie irving wants to fvcking leave, thats his only dream, but he cant right now

Wavves
05-23-2014, 04:33 AM
Funny to look back on that.

Even more hilarious is that he said Lebron would be taking his 'curse' to South Beach.

Curse? Or just an organisations incompetence? :oldlol:

3 #1 picks vs 2(possibly 3) championships :roll: :roll: :roll:

pastis
05-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Funny to look back on that.

Even more hilarious is that he said Lebron would be taking his 'curse' to South Beach.

Curse? Or just an organisations incompetence? :oldlol:

3 #1 picks vs 2(possibly 3) championships :roll: :roll: :roll:

2 chips with chris bosh, dwayne wade as teamm8 and lots of good role players as well.:applause: :applause: :applause:
give me wade, bosh, anders, allen etc and i would rock ECF

andremiller07
05-23-2014, 04:46 AM
Why have something shaped like a zero when you can have 3 1's

El Gato Negro
05-23-2014, 05:38 AM
Well, it was Dan Gilbert who embarrassed Lebron/Cavs/Cavs fans for 7 straight years with his decision making/intentions or lack there of first of all, the guy just wanted to make money really and LBJ was a huge loss for him in that department, he didnt want to work hard towards obtaining what the Cavs players were desperately looking for & were close to and what the CAVS FANS truly deserved, a championship... hence he didnt do anything necessary to keep a player of Lebrons magnitude either since there is nothing else Lebron wanted but to give Cavs/Cavs fans a championship, that fanbase truly deserves it... 7 years was enough patience from Lebron, if that isnt enough hints for you that patience was running out then you are just being ignorant.... Lebron just wanted to see Dan Gilbert / GM be on the same page as him, the Cavs players and the Cavs fans.... by making decisions which would move them towards that goal.... Lebron didnt saw any of it and you really think he was gona waste that type of talent he has & his ultimate goal at the end of it all by staying and retiring ringless?

You guys are morons period. first im going off memory cause i really don't care to actually look any of this up but bron got drafted in 2003? Gilbert didn't even buy the team till 2005 , he didn't make the basketball dissensions ferry did and he didn't do bad considering what he had to work with draft pick and cap wise. those lebron teams had back to back 60. win season and were the favorites when bron left. he left to team with his usa bball buddies which they planned not because he didn't want to play for cleveland. ya ferry never found the 2nd star player to go with bron but who could they realistically gotten? it's no secret Ohio is not a popular destination but that has nothing to do with Gilbert. Gilbert was paying extra taxes from exceeding the cap almost the entire time bron was there. he built the best practice facility in the nba and the q is a awesome arena. he just ate a 28 million dollar contract by firing brown so ya makes sense to say he only cares about money right? he has pumped 1 billion of his own dollars into the city of Cleveland since he has been there. so as a cavs fan im suppose to hate a owner the is willing to spend the money to put a winner on the team and has passion for a city most people rip on without ever actually going there. no thanks i wouldn't trade Gilbert for any other owner. And now the have the first pick in this draft three first rounders next year tons of cap space the future at this point is looking better than when bron was here. way worse owners in the league.

GimmeThat
05-23-2014, 05:59 AM
the Lakers used to win at a place called the Forum.

is there chemistry in baseball besides time spent during practice?
is there chemistry in swimming besides time spent cheering?

I just find it quite difficult for players who dislike each other to win in basketball

maybe mutual respect.

05-23-2014, 06:24 AM
the Lakers used to win at a place called the Forum.

is there chemistry in baseball besides time spent during practice?
is there chemistry in swimming besides time spent cheering?

I just find it quite difficult for players who dislike each other to win in basketball

maybe mutual respect.

The nba should invent a subset w/ 3v3 (like FIBA) where friends can team up and also a 1v1league for Kobe, Carmelo, Lebron, harden & other chuckers to thrive w/ out thr luxury of blaming teammates.

Magic 32
05-23-2014, 06:51 AM

Why don't you try to lure a All-star to that city while resurrecting downtown Detroit.

returnofthemack
05-23-2014, 08:22 AM
You guys are morons period. first im going off memory cause i really don't care to actually look any of this up but bron got drafted in 2003? Gilbert didn't even buy the team till 2005 , he didn't make the basketball dissensions ferry did and he didn't do bad considering what he had to work with draft pick and cap wise. those lebron teams had back to back 60. win season and were the favorites when bron left. he left to team with his usa bball buddies which they planned not because he didn't want to play for cleveland. ya ferry never found the 2nd star player to go with bron but who could they realistically gotten? it's no secret Ohio is not a popular destination but that has nothing to do with Gilbert. Gilbert was paying extra taxes from exceeding the cap almost the entire time bron was there. he built the best practice facility in the nba and the q is a awesome arena. he just ate a 28 million dollar contract by firing brown so ya makes sense to say he only cares about money right? he has pumped 1 billion of his own dollars into the city of Cleveland since he has been there. so as a cavs fan im suppose to hate a owner the is willing to spend the money to put a winner on the team and has passion for a city most people rip on without ever actually going there. no thanks i wouldn't trade Gilbert for any other owner. And now the have the first pick in this draft three first rounders next year tons of cap space the future at this point is looking better than when bron was here. way worse owners in the league.

Great post.

Anyone who thinks Dan Gilbert doesn't want to win is a dumbass. I love how people like to act like this cavs teams were just so bad instead of being championship contenders from 2007 to 2010 (4 of Lebrons 7 seasons in cleveland).

You guys act like the letter is an embarrassment. It's not. It was one of the few things that made me feel better about the whole situation right after it went down. I want a guys who's passionate to own my team. Then all you nut swingers like to say how he insulted Lebron and why would Lebron want to come back to cleveland after the way he was treated when he left. Well **** Lebron.
How about why would cavs fans want him back after the way he disrespected his fans, the city and the organization.

I also love how everyone like to talk about how the fans were burning his jerseys. That was one person who had a tv camera pointed at him during an emotional time. I was out and about that night and I personally didn't see jerseys being burned. Even if the entire town was burning jerseys I wouldn't have a problem with that. Why would anyone want a jersey with the name of a player who spit in your face on it?

r15mohd
05-23-2014, 08:44 AM

granted he spent all that money on Lebron, the city, additional practice facility, and so forth...but why did the spending stop short of talent on the floor? you kinda have no choice but to agree that Gilbert didn't provide Lebron with enough of a supporting cast to get over the hump...almost everyone is in agreement with that here. and mentioning Ferry is pointless, Ferry can only bring forth the prospects to Gilbert, Gilbert is the money factor and the final decision maker. Ferry is nothing but a consultant to Gilbert on who to hire.

lastly...even if the Cavs have the last 3 top picks in 4-years, and three 1st round picks next year...they lost out in having possibly one of the top 5, top 3, basketball players to touch an NBA court. Lebron is/was the biggest ROI for Gilbert. to a degree, Irving gives him something in return because yes he is talented but last years pick is a bust and there's no certainty to the future picks either.

IMO Gilbert and the city lost out...not the other way around

edit: actually the spending didn't stop...Gilbert/Ferry spent it on the worst possible contracts at the time.

2009-2010
Shaq - 21mil
Lebron - 15.7mil

2008-2009
Big Ben - 14.5mil
Lebron - 14.4mil
Wally - 13.7mil

2007-2008
BigBen - 15.5mil
Lebron - 13mil
Hughes - 12mil

2006-2007
Hughes - 13.3mil

the wise man
05-23-2014, 09:56 AM

Yeah, the future is so bright with an injury prone me first point guard, the worst first pick in NBA history, a soft pf, and a decent shooting guard but without potential. Not to mention your team will pick a possibly injury prone big.

swagga
05-23-2014, 10:05 AM
they should move the team from that village to a proper city like seattle.