PDA

View Full Version : If the Mavericks had beaten the Spurs....

russwest0
05-23-2014, 03:00 AM
How far would they go? Would they beat the Blazers? And would they beat the Ibaka-less Thunder? Would we see a rematch of the 2011 Finals?

tragicbronson
05-23-2014, 03:06 AM
I agree
http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.11654140.1849/sticker,375x360.png

russwest0
05-23-2014, 03:26 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

someone tell jan 2014 he ain't about this life

Real14
05-23-2014, 03:28 AM
They would lose in tha finals to ray allen.

russwest0
05-23-2014, 03:31 AM

probably. no jj barea this time around so who would play lockdown d on lebron?

toxicxr6
05-23-2014, 03:38 AM
i think the blazers would be tough series. but i think dallas could win that
they would rape thunder with no ibaka

prob making the finals

tanner892
05-23-2014, 04:12 AM

:lol

pastis
05-23-2014, 04:23 AM
if we would have beaten SPurs i think out trip ends in the WCF vs OKC. I mean Dirk played all season great against OKC (fvcking clutch this Dirk dude) and Ibakas first sons name is also Dirk, but i think this dallas-team of veterans would be too exhausted for beating OKC

edit: ah right, Ibaka injured....well maybe we would have a shot

JonatanRey
05-23-2014, 04:28 AM
I think they had been underdog against every team in the West. Miracles happen, though. And if Dirk is in your team, even more.

JebronLames
05-23-2014, 04:37 AM
How far would they go? Would they beat the Blazers? And would they beat the Ibaka-less Thunder? Would we see a rematch of the 2011 Finals?
They beat the blazers and then lose to thunder. Rematch of 2012, then heat in 4.

russwest0
05-23-2014, 04:39 AM
They beat the blazers and then lose to thunder. Rematch of 2012, then heat in 4.

LeBron :bowdown:

CeilingFan#1
05-23-2014, 12:21 PM
It would be way too unpredictable. I could see any of Mavs, Blazers, or Thunder coming out. I think it would probably be the Thunder. I view it as paper rocks scissors. Blazers beat Mavs, Thunder beats Blazers, Mavs beat Thunder if they are able to get through Portland.

SCdac
05-23-2014, 01:26 PM
If the Mavs hadn't gotten blown out in Game 7 against SA? Who knows. Think Blazers (and Thunder) would have given them trouble. Different pace and style of game altogether, one that bodes well for both teams. Blazers averaged 110 points against em in the regular season but lost twice. Mavs defense wasn't championship-caliber, for whatever reasons (Blair-Nowitzki lineup at times, for one), that would have been revealed sooner than later imo. But Blazers didn't play great D either so that favors the Mavs. Would have been an entertaining series... But no surprise the 4 remaining teams are 4 of the best defensive teams in the league.

Cone
05-23-2014, 01:33 PM
If the Mavs hadn't gotten blown out in Game 7 against SA? Who knows. Think Blazers (and Thunder) would have given them trouble. Different pace and style of game altogether, one that bodes well for both teams. Blazers averaged 110 points against em in the regular season but lost twice. Mavs defense wasn't championship-caliber, for whatever reasons (Blair-Nowitzki lineup at times, for one), that would have been revealed sooner than later imo. But Blazers didn't play great D either so that favors the Mavs. Would have been an entertaining series... But no surprise the 4 remaining teams are 4 of the best defensive teams in the league.

:biggums: is it really necessary to say that? :oldlol: youre acting as if people are saying dallas is better (which they could be) and you're hanging on for dear life so your spurs get respect

Fudge
05-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Then OKC would be champs.

SCdac
05-23-2014, 01:52 PM
youre acting as if people are saying dallas is better (which they could be) and you're hanging on for dear life so your spurs get respect

idk what you're going on about... But as for the bolded, what do you mean by that? Mavs "could be" better, but aren't better?... I only answered the question. Mavs probably would have had trouble with both Portland and Thunder, for reasons I explained. That's my take at least... As for the thread, if we're assuming the Mavs won Game 7 instead of losing it badly, then I guess we're assuming the "Mavs are better" in this hypothetical, no? Hence my post. None the less, "better than the Spurs" or not, still think they wouldn't be best in the west or league. Would like to see Dallas pick up a big name in FA though (Melo maybe)

miles berg
05-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Mavs will get a SF and C this summer and be right back in the thick of things next March.

dr.hee
05-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Mavs will get a SF and C this summer and be right back in the thick of things next March.

The only really good center available is Gortat, and he might stay with the Wizards. What else is there? Jordan Hill? Trading for Larry Sanders?

AT9
05-23-2014, 02:47 PM
With the Ibaka injury, I think they'd make it to the Finals and lose to Miami.