am i correct ?

Ok.

Inferno
05-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Melo plays defense

MavsSuperFan
05-23-2014, 01:04 PM
melo and its not close.

Love isnt a scrub, and he would be a great second option, but melo is a franchise player

casual_fan
05-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Depends on what you are looking for.

Melo can create better and therefore is better 1st option.

On the other hand i can see Love as a great complementary player, while melo would have problems coexisting with another star.

Of course Loves rebounding is a plus, but at the same time he sucks on defence.

FireDavidKahn
05-23-2014, 01:09 PM
melo and its not close.

Love isnt a scrub, and he would be a great second option, but melo is a franchise player
Such a franchise player he misses the play offs in the East.:applause:

MavsSuperFan
05-23-2014, 01:10 PM
40 wins would be an accomplishment for love brah

nightprowler10
05-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Playing your game, Melo's been to playoffs in both conferences though, unlike Love who's never sniffed it.

Anyway, Melo for me.

FireDavidKahn
05-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Playing your game, Melo's been to playoffs in both conferences though, unlike Love who's never sniffed it.

Anyway, Melo for me.
That's kinda irrelevant. It's about now, not past.

Le Shaqtus
05-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Melo plays defense

Barely

fpliii
05-23-2014, 01:20 PM
People always seem pick Melo in these comparisons, no matter who he's going up against. I watch a ton of him, but not very much of Love, so I can't comment.

Fire Colangelo
05-23-2014, 01:21 PM
That's kinda irrelevant. It's about now, not past.

Love has the better team tbh.

oarabbus
05-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Melo is better

MavsSuperFan
05-23-2014, 01:50 PM
People always seem pick Melo in these comparisons, no matter who he's going up against. I watch a ton of him, but not very much of Love, so I can't comment.
you never watch love because his teams are always irrelevant, his empty stats never translate to wins.

He gets stats, but his defense is so bad it negates his stats.

He will position for a defensive rebound instead of trying to contest the shot.

hawksdogsbraves
05-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Love is better by every measurable statistic...

Melo is better... according to homer Knicks fans? I mean if your argument is 'he's a legit first option and Love isn't', just look at this season. Melo couldnt even get to the playoffs in one of the weakest conferences ever.

We've seen what happens when teams try to build around '1st option Melo'. It doesn't work. At all.

Let Love get to a competent Coach and watch what he can do. He will be far more relevant and impactful than Melo has ever been.

Lebronxrings
05-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Love is better by every measurable statistic...

Melo is better... according to homer Knicks fans? I mean if your argument is 'he's a legit first option and Love isn't', just look at this season. Melo couldnt even get to the playoffs in one of the weakest conferences ever.

We've seen what happens when teams try to build around '1st option Melo'. It doesn't work. At all.

Let Love get to a competent Coach and watch what he can do. He will be far more relevant and impactful than Melo has ever been.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

LoneyROY7
05-23-2014, 06:05 PM
I'll take the guy who's made the playoffs every season but one.

Shade8780
05-23-2014, 06:11 PM
I'd rather have Love on the Celtics than Melo.

Real14
05-23-2014, 06:26 PM
U Serious? :coleman:

Smook A.
05-23-2014, 06:27 PM
http://i1.hoopchina.com.cn/blogfile/201304/10/136559321778496.jpg

bizil
05-23-2014, 06:37 PM
I would roll with Melo cause he's the best in the world along with Durant at THE MOST PREMIUM ASSET IN BBALL and that's being a true alpha dog. Along with that, Melo is arguably the best rebounding SF in the L too. But I wouldn't say the gap is huge either. Love is arguably the best PF in the L. A stretch PF who's also one of the top 2-3 rebounders in the world don't grow on trees. And he's also one of the top 5 passing PF's as well. Melo and K Love are both franchise players in my book, but I would roll with Melo.

oarabbus
05-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Melo: Missed the playoffs once ever
K Love: Made the playoffs once ever... haha JK never made the playoffs.

red1
05-23-2014, 06:49 PM
melo with ease

sd3035
05-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Obviously K-Love

-Lebron23-
05-23-2014, 07:03 PM
I'll take the guy who's made the playoffs every season but one.
Had to look it up to know who this was

Nah, kidding :lol

Love gets you lottery picks though

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 07:05 PM
The grand deception is that Melo scores more "difficult" baskets and people inherently mistake that as meaningful. Its not.

This isnt to say Love stats are meaningful - theyre highly inflated.

Point being that at the end of the day these two are similar overall players and in fact pretty interchangeable. Neither is significantly better than the other. Trying to rank them is like ranking beer from the netherlands against beer from holland, youre just wasting your breath.

At the end of the day, theyre BOTH overrated.

red1
05-23-2014, 07:25 PM
The grand deception is that Melo scores more "difficult" baskets and people inherently mistake that as meaningful. Its not.

Point being that at the end of the day these two are similar overall players and in fact pretty interchangeable. Neither is significantly better than the other. Trying to rank them is like ranking beer from the netherlands against beer from holland, youre just wasting your breath.

love more overrated doe

Cone
05-23-2014, 08:12 PM
melo. and its not even close

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 08:18 PM
love more overrated doe

Meh, not to me.

If I was starting a team, I literally would not want Carmelo. Not for any salary. Because I think it's incredibly hard to win a title with his style of play. He's too ball dominant. Takes terrible shots, tries to go hero ball constantly, and has an extremely low IQ. There's literally no POINT in paying a guy to do that.

Love on the other hand, I would take at a reasonable salary. Certainly not what he's making now, but anything in the $9-12M range. Neither player is a guy who can do everything, but Love can at least make a decent complimentary player. Carmelo is either ball dominant or worthless. There's no point in having a guy like that.

So again, I think people are looking at "1 on 1" skills here when comparing these two. For me, it's "who could I see playing on a championship team, in any capacity" more probably. To me, that's Love. Title teams have high IQ and Carmelo is one of the game's lowest IQ players.

-Lebron23-
05-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Meh, not to me.

If I was starting a team, I literally would not want Carmelo. Not for any salary. Because I think it's incredibly hard to win a title with his style of play. He's too ball dominant. Takes terrible shots, tries to go hero ball constantly, and has an extremely low IQ. There's literally no POINT in paying a guy to do that.

Title teams have high IQ and Carmelo is one of the game's lowest IQ players.
You haven't seen more than 2 games from Melo in the last 4 years or so

Beastmode88
05-23-2014, 08:37 PM
There's seriously a thread melo vs love? :biggums:

RoundMoundOfReb
05-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Meh, not to me.

Love on the other hand, I would take at a reasonable salary. Certainly not what he's making now, but anything in the $9-12M range. Neither player is a guy who can do everything, but Love can at least make a decent complimentary player. Carmelo is either ball dominant or worthless. There's no point in having a guy like that.

So again, I think people are looking at "1 on 1" skills here when comparing these two. For me, it's "who could I see playing on a championship team, in any capacity" more probably. To me, that's Love. Title teams have high IQ and Carmelo is one of the game's lowest IQ players.

You wouldn't even take Melo as a 2nd option to say LeBron or something?

RoundMoundOfReb
05-23-2014, 08:41 PM

I generally agree with what you're saying but i do think a guy who can bail out your team on a broken play/bad offensive possesion has some value. Also, statistically speaking Melo isn't that inefficient.

aboss4real24
05-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Klove is jus a gud player

Not great

RoundMoundOfReb
05-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Klove is jus a gud player

Not great
What's with these arbitrary terms? What does "good" mean to you and what does "great" mean to you?

aboss4real24
05-23-2014, 08:47 PM
What's with these arbitrary terms? What does "good" mean to you and what does "great" mean to you? Cause in my book neither are "great".

any player who can avg 20+ every season for the last 11 years and shoot 45% along with a scoring title is great,

and also a Hofr

Marlo_Stanfield
05-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Melo>KD:coleman:

aboss4real24
05-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Melo>KD:coleman:

Very True

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 08:52 PM
You wouldn't even take Melo as a 2nd option to say LeBron or something?

And play Melo full time at the 4 so that the defense up front is worse than it already is? No way. If youre not gettin D out of that position, you might as well put a guy like Love who is smarter at playing off the ball.

Melo scores volume at the same efficiency any random team of guys does. Look at the Nuggets after him or even DAntonis Knicks before him.

Hes not an asset. Taking away a 25 ppg scorer doesnt mean the team is now gonna score 25 points less. He doesnt do anything that gives the team an advantage. He literally doesnt. He provides no advantage with the way he scores, he doesnt get easy buckets. He gets difficult buckets and often goes cold for multiple games at a time.

Whats the point in having him? You can shoot as a team at 46% without him. Its not like he gets guy great looks. Its not like his jumper is consistent. Its not like hes a great leader or known for discipline and dependability. He throws in the towel easily. Or if his team does start to make a comeback he immediately tries to go hero and ruins it by chucking.

I mean hes literally a fugazi. Like a fake diamond. You assume bc it at least looks like a diamond it must be worth like maybe 3/5 of a real diamond, right? No, its worth like $26.99 at JC Penny. Its not remotely of the value it would appear on the surface. Its just not.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Very True
LBJ>Melo tho:coleman:

aboss4real24
05-23-2014, 08:54 PM
LBJ>Melo tho:coleman:

Yes wen it comes to choking

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 08:55 PM
I generally agree with what you're saying but i do think a guy who can bail out your team on a broken play/bad offensive possesion has some value. Also, statistically speaking Melo isn't that inefficient.

Sure, SOME value. Like Jamal Crawford, a nice sixth man. If the team is slumpin a lil on O then send in the gunner.

But pay the gunner $18M and predicate your offense on him and expect to ever beat the Heat or the Spurs? No way. If my goal is to win a title Im not investing that much into one of those guys as my first move or even first three moves.

Solefade
05-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Yes wen it comes to choking

so i guess if knicks traded melo for bron you would hate that huh?

aboss4real24
05-23-2014, 08:58 PM
so i guess if knicks traded melo for bron you would hate that huh?

Of course

who would score in crunch time then ?

Lebronxrings
05-23-2014, 09:36 PM
melo = fat lazy bigger loser durant

cltcfn2924
05-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Melo plays defense

In what world?

JohnFreeman
05-25-2014, 09:22 AM
Melo

cltcfn2924
05-25-2014, 09:25 AM
You haven't seen more than 2 games from Melo in the last 4 years or so

Melo = Dominique Wilkins. Ball dominant, low BB IQ, lucky to win 1 round in the playoffs.

GoSpursGo1984
05-25-2014, 10:05 AM
We do not know yet because we have to wait to see how Kevin Love does with better players around him because he does not have a lot surrounding him right now where Melo at least has had good talent.

Dragonyeuw
05-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Melo

Kevin Love jus isnt a transcendent player

What is transcendent about Melo? He's this generation's Dominique Wilkins.

MellowYellow
05-25-2014, 11:04 AM
We do not know yet because we have to wait to see how Kevin Love does with better players around him because he does not have a lot surrounding him right now where Melo at least has had good talent.

Melo took a roster similar to K-loves to WCF, this shouldn't even be a question. We still have no idea what Melo can do with a stacked roster like LAC or OKC.

aboss4real24
05-25-2014, 11:08 AM
What is transcendent about Melo? He's this generation's Dominique Wilkins.

melo can actually create his own shot.... for 1

Dragonyeuw
05-25-2014, 11:52 AM
melo can actually create his own shot.... for 1

As can countless other players. What about that is 'transcendent'?

JohnFreeman
05-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Melo is the best scorer in the league.

aboss4real24
05-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Melo is the best scorer in the league.

:cheers:

ImKobe
05-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Honestly, Love. Melo is past his prime already while Love still has room to grow, and he had a better season by statistics and his team had a better record while playing in a tougher conference.

65 double-doubles and 39 wins in 77 games while Melo won 35 out of 77.

red1
05-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Oh man you are killing me with the way you are dumping on that fggt in the pink. You know you are an imbecile when you use a word like transcendent to describe a fat chucker like melo :roll:

aboss4real24
05-25-2014, 02:18 PM

if u cant do sumtn as basic as creating a shot 4 urself

u dont deserve to b mentioned with other great players

stalkerforlife
05-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Melo.

Win something, Love.

Real14
05-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Oh man you are killing me with the way you are dumping on that fggt in the pink. You know you are an imbecile when you use a word like transcendent to describe a fat chucker like melo :roll:
Melo advanced further than your damn shitty ass franchise:coleman: :oldlol: :applause: :banana:

hawksdogsbraves
05-25-2014, 02:46 PM

Are you saying Love can't create his own shot? How exactly do you think he's getting 26ppg? They're not all coming off put backs :confusedshrug:

aboss4real24
05-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Are you saying Love can't create his own shot? How exactly do you think he's getting 26ppg? They're not all coming off put backs :confusedshrug:

The same chris bosh avgd 20.:confusedshrug:

hawksdogsbraves
05-25-2014, 03:18 PM
The same chris bosh avgd 20.:confusedshrug:

Prime Chrish Bosh averaged 24/10 and was considered a top 3 PF in the league, he could absolutely create his own shot. Nobody averaging 20ppg+ 'can't' create their own shot. It might not look pretty, (Dwight) but you're not scoring that many points on a consistent basis just off alley-oops and put backs. If that's the only way you can score then you're Deandre Jordan and you're averaging 10ppg at most.

MellowYellow
05-25-2014, 03:19 PM

k-love was assisted on something like 60 percent of his shots, melo around 39.

R.I.P.
05-25-2014, 03:27 PM

Love has no go to/reliable move that

ralph_i_el
05-25-2014, 05:04 PM
If you switched love and melo this year neither team would make the playoffs still

k-love was assisted on something like 60 percent of his shots, melo around 39.

Love also plays with Rubio as opposed to ray felton and JR smith.

Neither guy is a good defender. Love is a better shooter passer and rebounder. Melo is better in iso. I'd rather have Love.

Love has a better Ast%, Ast/turnover, Ortg, Drtg, Gets to the line more often, AND scored more points per minute than Melo. Love shoots more 3's than Melo but the average distance of a Kevin Love shot is 14.1 ft and Melo's average is 15.2 feet. Melo shoots more than TWICE as many mid range jumpers by % of total shots than Love.

Love has an on-off court Point differential of +11.1
Melo has a differential of +8.8

this is all from this season. Melo is 4 years older than Love as well. Obviously you have to watch games to really understand a players value, but I figured I'd do a quick little statistical comparison.

My conclusion- Love takes smarter shots and passes up difficult shots that Melo would attempt. You need a guy on your team who can make bad shots and shots in short-time situations. That's why some posters would take Melo.

IMO:
Love needs a wing/combo guard who can score in Iso and play defense+ a good distributor to reach his full potential on the court.

Melo needs grinders/rebounders and shooters and just a little decent guard play to reach his full potential on the court.

Springsteen
05-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Of course

who would score in crunch time then ?

stop lying to yourself :coleman:

Dragonyeuw
05-25-2014, 05:44 PM

Still haven't answered my question. What makes Melo transcendent?

I've seen the word transcendent used to describe once in a generation talents, players that revolutionized their positions, or possessed otherworldly skills and/ or athletic gifts. I've seen the word transcendent used for the likes of Oscar, Wilt, Magic, Jordan, Shaq,Lebron, maybe a few others. Are you saying that Melo is in that tier of player based on his ability to create a shot?