PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Grizzlies are one Melo away from winning it all

k0kakw0rld
05-23-2014, 03:28 PM
They need to score easy points down the stretch. That's basically what cost them the series this year vs OKC. Melo is the perfect guy for them and Memphis is the perfect team for him. They tried Rudy Gay it flopped. Melo will be a much better option. Marc Gasol is the defensive anchor that will take care of his mistakes. Two big men post players and willing passers in Gasol & Randolph and two sharp shooters in Miller and Lee to space the floor. Adding Melo will remove the pressure on Conley to carry the team in scoring when Gasol and Zbo are struggling offensively. Imagine SVG or JVG or even George Karl, coaching this team. :bowdown:

Conley/Udrih
Lee/Allen
Melo/Deng/Prince/Miller
Zbo/Johnson/Pondexter
Gasol/Ed Davis

Coach: SVG or George Karl
:applause: :cheers:
Championship

They would also need a solid playmaker and scorer to back up Melo when he is resting. I'm going with Deng. Now can they get Deng?

Dr Seuss
05-23-2014, 03:31 PM
I think George Karl may disagree with you

regarding melo "He's an individual that produces individual success but doesn't produce Championships".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1877640-george-karl-jabs-at-carmelo-anthony-says-he-doesnt-produce-championships

aboss4real24
05-23-2014, 03:32 PM
1 Micheal Jordan away frum winning it all*

ArbitraryWater
05-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Well without the refs help they would have made the 2nd round in one of the most stacked wests ever... they would have had a shot against the clippers too :confusedshrug:

DuMa
05-23-2014, 03:34 PM
They already tried this with another chucker. Rudy Gay didnt work out so well in Memphis.

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 03:35 PM
They need to score easy points down the stretch. That's basically what cost them the series this year vs OKC.

Melo's shooting % in the playoffs, please.

Denitron
05-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Melo coming to the Bulls tho :bowdown:

NauruDude
05-23-2014, 03:37 PM
They already tried this with another chucker. Rudy Gay didnt work out so well in Memphis.

was gonna say that. Melo is just a better version of Rudy Gay.

ImKobe
05-23-2014, 03:42 PM

I don't think Melo's ever had a decent supporting cast like Memphis would provide him, though. he has been historically bad in the first round of the Western Conference Playoffs. I remember a series against the Clippers in 06, where he shot under 40% in every single game.

k0kakw0rld
05-23-2014, 03:43 PM
With this team his priority will be to score and not to defend. With Tony Allen, Prince, Gasol & if you can get Deng too. Heaven for Melo. He does not have to guard the best players. So he will not waste his energy and can do what he does best, which is scoring the basketball + Melo vs Durant in the playoffs will be so exciting.

ProfessorMurder
05-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Oh wow, if Memphis got Deng... That'd be fun to watch.

k0kakw0rld
05-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Their defense will be even more amazing.

They will crush the Clippers, Thunder & Spurs with this Roster.

Now can they beat the Heat? I say yes. in 6 or 7

oarabbus
05-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Lala thinks Denver is a 3rd world country. She's gonna flip her sh1t if Melo signs with Memphis :roll:

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 04:36 PM
With this team his priority will be to score and not to defend. With Tony Allen, Prince, Gasol & if you can get Deng too. Heaven for Melo. He does not have to guard the best players. So he will not waste his energy and can do what he does best, which is scoring the basketball + Melo vs Durant in the playoffs will be so exciting.

And this is different from every other year of his career?

ProfessorMurder
05-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Their defense will be even more amazing.

They will crush the Clippers, Thunder & Spurs with this Roster.

Now can they beat the Heat? I say yes. in 6 or 7

If they're healthy I think they could legitimately beat any team in the league with Deng in Prince's spot. Better defense and offense than Prince. Can defend bigger guys.

Man that'd be fun.

Solefade
05-23-2014, 07:54 PM

Not sure if you're serious :roll: :roll:

ProfessorMurder
05-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Not sure if you're serious :roll: :roll:

I am very serious. I'd love to watch a solid 5 man defensive team, it'd be like the mid 2000s Pistons. Only ironically, Prince was the weak link last year.

Conley is a solid defender.
Lee is above average.
TA is great.
ZBo is average, but a great rebounder.
Gasol is really good.

Deng would fit in really well there if they could afford him.

Perfect
05-23-2014, 08:50 PM
there is no such thing as being one melo away from winning it all

Relinquish
05-23-2014, 08:51 PM

Don't be an idiot. Melo is on another planet from Gay. :facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
05-23-2014, 08:51 PM
would make them contenders.
people would be surprised how todays Melo would look in a decent team defense.
now if he buys in their team concept and settles for 22-24 PPG in the playoffs on good efficency they would be scary

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 09:25 PM
there is no such thing as being one melo away from winning it all

:oldlol:

Random_Guy
05-23-2014, 10:02 PM
most playoff teams are one melo away from winning it all..just sayin.

jrong
05-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Lol winning with Melo. Good luck with that.

MMM
05-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Gasol/Zbo/Melo front court isn't the best fit. Melo has evolved more into a post threat over the years. I think Melos best shot at a ship is with Love along with a defensive center. Melo/Love can be a nice inverted inside/out combination but they would need a mobile center to help erase some of the defensive deficiencies.

Carter_17
05-24-2014, 04:22 AM
Its funny that people actually believe that there is a chance Melo will leave NY for anything than Miami or LA. He was born and raised in NY , same with his wife. Oh and also Melo doesnt need to chase rings to earn million. He can just play 82 games per season and have 60 milion contact ( even more). His game looks cool, he seems a nice person he is "swagy" he got balls when he plays ( doesnt afraid contact) . People like him and enjoy watching him no matter how fail his team is.