PDA

View Full Version : Where will Boozer end up? Taj told he'll start next season.

Upgrayedd
05-23-2014, 05:48 PM
From the Sun-Times:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/27632259-419/taj-gibson-told-hell-start-carlos-boozer-exit-imminent.html#.U3-3gZRdW4I

I hope this means they're going to go after 'Melo this summer. Bring Mirotic over to come off the bench for Taj.

Where do you think Boozer will go?

buddha
05-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Boozer would be great off the bench.

Upgrayedd
05-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Boozer would be great off the bench.

Maybe on another team. I want him off the Bulls. No way do the Bulls keep him and bring him off the bench. They're going to amnesty him this summer.

qrich
05-23-2014, 05:55 PM
If amnestied and no one bids on him, I'd take him as Blake's backup next year.

Or can't Chicago just keep Booz and deal Taj for Crawford? :D

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Where will Boozer end up? Taj told he'll start next season.

They meant for someone else.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Is he good? Can MIA get him?

-Lebron23-
05-23-2014, 06:23 PM
If he gets amnestied he's going to Miami. It's where his family lives and he's been said to want to play there.

Boozer>>Battier & Haslem

Smook A.
05-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Im sorry you guys have him. He's horrible now.

Carlos Boozer... or should I say Carlos LOOZER, is an overpaid guy who can't play any defense. He's not a good player anymore. Carlos is aging and his body will not let him produce the numbers he used to produce.

bagelred
05-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Shots fired!

Nash
05-23-2014, 06:38 PM
If he gets amnestied? Miami and its not even close. The man lives in Miami and goes over there as soon as he gets the chance, even during breaks in the regular season.. I think there is a video of him taking Nate Robinson with him during all star break.

Pat Riley will be all over him. Miami have a lot of veteran guys leaving after this season and have a lot of spots to fill.

inclinerator
05-23-2014, 06:57 PM
http://voices.suntimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Screen-Shot-2014-05-16-at-3.16.39-PM.png

WallIn
05-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Boozer gonna carry Rose next season? :roll:

'Boozer'

SwishSquared
05-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Is it that inconceivable for the Bulls to trade Boozer + Almundson + Brewer + Greg Smith + #16 + Mirotic + 2014 2nd rounder + future first for Melo? Melo gets to have his max deal, Knicks get a couple of first rounders + Mirotic, and Chicago gets to keep its core.

If Bulls get Melo, I don't think they can give Mirotic anywhere close to the deal he wants, other than full MLE, which I believe he's said is too low for him. Knicks could let him play overseas for another season, then bring him over next summer.

Anyways, if Booz gets amnestied, he's def going to Miami. No question whatsoever.

qrich
05-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Is it that inconceivable for the Bulls to trade Boozer + Almundson + Brewer + Greg Smith + #16 + Mirotic + 2014 2nd rounder + future first for Melo? Melo gets to have his max deal, Knicks get a couple of first rounders + Mirotic, and Chicago gets to keep its core.

If Bulls get Melo, I don't think they can give Mirotic anywhere close to the deal he wants, other than full MLE, which I believe he's said is too low for him. Knicks could let him play overseas for another season, then bring him over next summer.

Anyways, if Booz gets amnestied, he's def going to Miami. No question whatsoever.

Why would Chicago give up all that for someone they can conceivably sign in FA?

At most, NYK might get Mirotic out of it, but can not see, for a second, that Chicago throws in 16 an an additional first.

SwishSquared
05-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Why would Chicago give up all that for someone they can conceivably sign in FA?

At most, NYK might get Mirotic out of it, but can not see, for a second, that Chicago throws in 16 an an additional first.
Chicago would have to dump Gibson in order to clear max-type money for Melo, which kinda messes up the core group of players with which Melo wants to play. I'm assuming my proposal would be the Knick's starting offer, not one that'll actually go through.

I just don't know why reports haven't mentioned S&T scenarios for Melo to Chicago, only him being signed outright as a FA. I think if this deal were to get done, it'd take Mirotic and a future first for sure. Maybe not require #16 (or #19 for that matter), but Knicks will want some pick in any S&T for Melo that does not directly give them a player who can contribute at a high level next year.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Probably a gas station somewhere in Alaska.

qrich
05-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Chicago would have to dump Gibson in order to clear max-type money for Melo, which kinda messes up the core group of players with which Melo wants to play. I'm assuming my proposal would be the Knick's starting offer, not one that'll actually go through.

I just don't know why reports haven't mentioned S&T scenarios for Melo to Chicago, only him being signed outright as a FA. I think if this deal were to get done, it'd take Mirotic and a future first for sure. Maybe not require #16 (or #19 for that matter), but Knicks will want some pick in any S&T for Melo that does not directly give them a player who can contribute at a high level next year.

I thought amnestying Boozer would be enough to get the cap space required to sign Melo outright?

COnDEMnED
05-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Traded to Lakers with first round picks?

SwishSquared
05-23-2014, 07:45 PM
I thought amnestying Boozer would be enough to get the cap space required to sign Melo outright?
http://*********.com/salaries/chicago.htm
If they amnesty Boozer, drop all non-guaranteed deals, only sign their two first-round picks (ie don't sign their 2nd round pick), and account for min. cap holds, they are left with ~$11.53M to offer to Melo next season. They need to do a S&T to give Melo a deal that's max-level.

That's why I said Chicago would need to sweeten the pot to convince the Knicks to take on Boozer's dead-weight expiring (plus 3 non-guaranteed deals and Greg Smith's < $1M guaranteed contract) in order to complete the trade. If Bulls gave up all those assets, Knicks would probably be more likely to accept that S&T instead of a potential Houston S&T involving Lin + Asik + DoMo + first-rounder, in the case Houston can't trade Asik + Lin in a salary dump (if they find a salary dump trade partner, they can afford to give Melo full max contract).

EDIT:
They can open up some extra space by only selecting draft-and-stash type players in the draft or only paying them 80% of rookie scale salary. If they do the latter, they can give Melo just over $12M as starting salary, per my quick calculations.

qrich
05-23-2014, 07:48 PM
http://*********.com/salaries/chicago.htm
If they amnesty Boozer, drop all non-guaranteed deals, only sign their two first-round picks (ie don't sign their 2nd round pick), and account for min. cap holds, they are left with ~$11.53M to offer to Melo next season. They need to do a S&T to give Melo a deal that's max-level.

That's why I said Chicago would need to sweeten the pot to convince the Knicks to take on Boozer's dead-weight expiring (plus 3 non-guaranteed deals and Greg Smith's < $1M guaranteed contract) in order to complete the trade. If Bulls gave up all those assets, Knicks would probably be more likely to accept that S&T instead of a potential Houston S&T involving Lin + Asik + DoMo + first-rounder, in the case Houston can't trade Asik + Lin in a salary dump (if they find a salary dump trade partner, they can afford to give Melo full max contract).

I see.

Either way, I think the Knicks would accept Boozer + Mirotic + 16 for Melo and the Bulls not needing to bend over backwards to acquire Melo.

Do that deal, use 19 on Payne and hope Rose recovers. Roll with Rose-Butler-Melo-Taj-Noah and a bench of Capt Kirk - Snell - Dun - Payne - Isaiah Austin (2nd Rounder).

SwishSquared
05-23-2014, 07:52 PM
I see.

Either way, I think the Knicks would accept Boozer + Mirotic + 16 for Melo and the Bulls not needing to bend over backwards to acquire Melo.

Do that deal, use 19 on Payne and hope Rose recovers. Roll with Rose-Butler-Melo-Taj-Noah and a bench of Capt Kirk - Snell - Dun - Payne - Isaiah Austin (2nd Rounder).
Exactly, I brought up that steep package just as to wonder why there's no speculation for such a deal to happen. Knicks need to tank for next year's draft imo and should simply maximize assets in return for Melo. I def think they could get Melo for Boozer + filler + Mirotic + #16, seeing as that's better than letting him walk to Houston (apparently ATL is thinking of trading for Lin + Asik, which would facilitate Houston signing Melo as a FA).

I think Payne would be a solid contributor off the bench also. One poster said he's had defensive lapses, but he will be a good, ready-to-produce player imo. Plus, Bulls should have full MLE to sign another impact player.

nathanjizzle
05-23-2014, 08:00 PM
i dont like the guy, i remember when we first signed him i was going to dread the next 5 years.

poido123
05-23-2014, 08:27 PM
i dont like the guy, i remember when we first signed him i was going to dread the next 5 years.

Same.

The day he's gone is almost as good as signing a top free agent :lol

I think Rose/Butler/Melo/Taj/Noah will be the ideal lineup next year. I know Love is younger, but I think Melo will fit better.

Denitron
05-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Taj Gibson ‏@TajGibson22 3h
Nobody told me anything, this is why I don't talk to media.

:confusedshrug:

jzek
05-23-2014, 08:41 PM
miami

Take Your Lumps
05-23-2014, 08:49 PM
I think Boozer ends up with the Rockets. He and Dwight have been buddies since his Magic days.

Makes sense too...they could actually use him and he'd probably make a good pairing with Dwight.

el gringos
05-23-2014, 08:52 PM

You don't get that the bulls are to cheap to get Carmelo?

The only time it foul have worked they decided to save 10 million instead of spend. Should have offered

Deng, boozer, taj, butler and pick(s)
For
Carmelo, jr smith, bargnani

Rose/hinrich
Jr/dunleavy
Carmelo
Noah/Mirotic
Bargnani

Champions

toxicxr6
05-23-2014, 09:31 PM
if boozer became available to sign in the off season i think the spurs would have a big chance to sign him... in the last couple of trade periods they have expressed interest in him...
i think he could be valuable in the spurs big man rotation..

poido123
05-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Boozer will bring your team down, not make it better.

His defense is so deflating to team morale, his rebounding and scoring only minimises the damage from his defense. :confusedshrug:

But Miami, Houston, whoever pleeeease take him. There's a reason why Thib's benches him late in games. :pimp:

navy
05-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Taj Gibson ‏@TajGibson22 3h
Nobody told me anything, this is why I don't talk to media.

:confusedshrug:
/thread

SwishSquared
05-23-2014, 11:22 PM
You don't get that the bulls are to cheap to get Carmelo?

The only time it foul have worked they decided to save 10 million instead of spend. Should have offered

Deng, boozer, taj, butler and pick(s)
For
Carmelo, jr smith, bargnani

Rose/hinrich
Jr/dunleavy
Carmelo
Noah/Mirotic
Bargnani

Champions
If they don't want to amnesty him (the owner doesn't want to) so they don't have to pay him to not play for them, they could simply re-package him + trade flotsam + picks + an asset which they own but may be unlikely to utilize due to financial constraints (Mirotic) for a bonafide scorer and superstar that will increase revenue and cost the franchise almost the same amount that Boozer + #16 + trade flotsam would cost them next season (not to mention Mirotic's contract, which they likely couldn't afford given his demands, unless they amnesty Boozer- which the owner does NOT want to do).

The economics are in favor of trading junk expirings + potentially good young players for a superstar.

Also, regarding your scenario, they would not have been able to bring over Mirotic this season, that trade caps the team out (and robs them of solid depth), while giving them a player more useless than Boozer (Bargs), and an absolute nutcase (JR). Bulls would've passed that one up, let alone would have won a title this year with that group.

Fiddlesticks
05-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Boozer to the HEAT. HEAT'15

ILLsmak
05-24-2014, 07:01 PM
http://voices.suntimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Screen-Shot-2014-05-16-at-3.16.39-PM.png

haha.

****ing Boozer is ass tho. Even if he balls all year the fact that he constantly shits the bed in the playoffs, or more often than not, makes him someone you don't want on a contender.

-Smak