PDA

View Full Version : sinister the movie(horror)

Marlo_Stanfield
05-24-2014, 10:29 AM
anyone have seen this movie??
i am not that easily scared but that movie scared the living shit out of me:biggums:
its made in such a bizarre fashion and its overall just pretty damn creepy.
anyone seen it too??
heres the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYxydrVlDk
:coleman:

jamal99
05-24-2014, 10:47 AM
I watched that trailer a while ago, looked really scary/creepy. Didn't watch the movue yet tho...

Draz
05-24-2014, 12:09 PM
It's on Netflix I'll take a look

step_back
05-24-2014, 12:34 PM
I enjoyed it. Definitely one of the better horror films I've seen recently. Worth watching.

Chizdog
05-24-2014, 12:37 PM
That fcking part in the attic where the dude just appeared in front of the camera got me.
Insidious is also good.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-24-2014, 01:47 PM
That fcking part in the attic where the dude just appeared in front of the camera got me.
Insidious is also good.
just watched Insidious. found it a bit retarded at times but was OK.
sinister is just so damn well produced and the Demon is finally really creepy.like terrifying.
didnt watch it a second time so far but will do soon
if anyone knows similar movies feel free to post:bowdown:

BallsOut
05-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Yea Sinister was pretty creepy. Insidious was great. The Conjuring was even better. I'd put all of those 3 movies in the same niche in terms of story-line and chill factors. Plus I think they all came out one after another in the past 2 years.

Fudge
05-24-2014, 04:37 PM
The Conjuring will mess you up. I've seen people literally break down in the theatre after the move was finished.

Sinister was simply just disturbing.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-24-2014, 04:44 PM
The Conjuring will mess you up. I've seen people literally break down in the theatre after the move was finished.

Sinister was simply just disturbing.
yeah i think i already viewed that tho and i think Sinister is creepier.
but conjuring was really good too.
i just find it most creepy if the main villain/demon is creepy and that buguuhl thing is just straight up terrifying:coleman:

Meticode
05-24-2014, 04:53 PM
It was okay. I found traveling to the other side kind of stupid, but whatever.

Draz
05-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Conjuring was a piece of shit

Batz
05-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah I watched it a while back. Not scary, typical, very predictable, easily forgettable.

red1
05-24-2014, 05:11 PM
this movie is garbage

Draz
05-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Every fcking horror movie is a piece of shit

Marlo_Stanfield
05-24-2014, 06:03 PM
this movie is garbage
your family is garbage, just like your country

Heavincent
05-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Insidious is also good.

Insidious is ****ing awful, aside from a few creepy scenes in the first half of the movie. Sinister was okay I guess.

Movies in general aren't great for telling horror stories. Books and video games are far more effective. How many horror movies are truly scary?

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Insidious is ****ing awful, aside from a few creepy scenes in the first half of the movie. Sinister was okay I guess.

Movies in general aren't great for telling horror stories. Books and video games are far more effective. How many horror movies are truly scary?
I don't like cheap scares, and all of these movies seem to be brimming with them. You can see them coming from a mile away and there is nothing creative about them.

Make a scene begin as quiet as humanly possible with a guy walking around a house late at night, before a sudden burst of sound and some kind of creepy figure appears on screen.

Of course the natural human response is to jump when you're going from dead silence to a random loud bang of music. Cheap.

A horror movie really has to work to scare me. Something like the Silence of the Lambs or 28 Days Later that create truly scary scenarios... that's my kind of horror movie.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-24-2014, 06:34 PM

not many but sinister i found truly disturbing and scary. aint many others tho.
books are way better.

Marlo_Stanfield
05-24-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't like cheap scares, and all of these movies seem to be brimming with them. You can see them coming from a mile away and there is nothing creative about them.

Make a scene begin as quiet as humanly possible with a guy walking around a house late at night, before a sudden burst of sound and some kind of creepy figure appears on screen.

Of course the natural human response is to jump when you're going from dead silence to a random loud bang of music. Cheap.

A horror movie really has to work to scare me. Something like the Silence of the Lambs or 28 Days Later that create truly scary scenarios... that's my kind of horror movie.
watch sinister its different:cheers:

Rocketswin2013
05-24-2014, 06:39 PM
about to watch

red1
05-24-2014, 07:27 PM
your family is garbage, just like your country
your mother and sister disagree

JEFFERSON MONEY
05-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Seen pretty much every single horror movie, psychological thriller, and disturbing film since the 50s.

The fukking lawnmower scene made me jump like a damn cat. It beat out everything remotely jumpy from the grudge, conjuring, ring, ju-on, descent, strangers, psycho, evil dead, drag me to hell, by a longshot lol. But to be fair always been sensitive to loud noises. I'd say the vines raping the chick, the neckbroken girl's decapitated head showing up in the attic, the creepy ass doll in the beginning, and the sudden scene with the masked people showing up through the keyhole (oldest trick in the book) were straight.

They made it well. They moved sooo slowww at times and just built dat anticipation and then went BAM.

Looking forward to Deliver Us From Evil, but looks kinda gay. Trailer did have some nice stuff.

edit: RBA's right as usual. It's very startling but not very scary.

Scary would have to mentally get into your head. It worked with that catchy ass tune from One Call Away lol or that FearDotCom sh!t.

Although the movie sucks, the concept of Stephen King's It is creepy as fukk. Dead ass clown critter thing that follows you around seeing it in the moon.

You gotta be religious to enjoy exorcist film but even then they kinda go bleh. My uncle (during thunderstorms) used to tell stories of women Medusas in white clothing that went around and stole little children like witches and jinns and devils and stuff which really helps in stoking the imagination.

Draz
05-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Insidious was the worst of them all

Jefferson recommend some real niggv shit

joe
05-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Overall I think it's a decent movie, but it has flaws that hold it back from being better. I wrote a short review of it on my page if anyone was nice enough to check it out :). brainarcade.weebly.com

maybeshewill13
05-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Haven't seen it. I pretty much automatically dismiss horror movies these days, VERY few well made ones. Might check it out.

andgar923
05-25-2014, 10:01 AM

c/s 100%

Most people are afraid of the anticipation, which is different than build up.

A build up can take half the movie or more, a good example of this is 'The House of the Devil'. That movie had a long build up with the occasional scare most people are used to.

That movie may not be for everybody due to it's slow pace, similar to Argento's